PDA

View Full Version : What do i do to the fan leafs for butter?

skunkless
07-10-09, 12:39 AM
Hi folks just curious as to whether i should freeze my fan leafs strait after harvest, dry them with the buds or just cut em off and chuck them strait into a pan of butter and water for 4 - 5 hours? please any suggestions very welcome.

Monty Bong
07-10-09, 08:09 AM
Hi folks just curious as to whether i should freeze my fan leafs strait after harvest, dry them with the buds or just cut em off and chuck them strait into a pan of butter and water for 4 - 5 hours? please any suggestions very welcome.

I find cannbutter tastes much less 'green' if the trim/leaves are allowed to dry before being used. There's no reason to freeze trim, if you're making cannabutter. You also don't need to simmer for 4 or 5 hours, 1 hour is plenty.

skunkless
07-10-09, 08:17 AM
Thankyou Monty spot on

John Smith
08-10-09, 03:40 PM
you can eat them in salads like you would normally,its a little similar to spinach

blurry-vision
08-10-09, 03:55 PM
you can eat them in salads like you would normally,its a little similar to spinach

Never knew that HG, interesting saves messing about making the butter.

skunkless
24-10-09, 02:48 PM
:stoned-smilie:hmm interesting hairy, i'll bear that in mind for next year. Mines a little dry now, Got 8oz of leaf, mostly fan so probably mix that with 250-350 gram of yeo butter, got the leaf chilling in the freezer right now, will let you all know how effective it is.

wigster
25-10-09, 08:46 AM
No need to freeze it - you are going to be heating it up anyway! Only freeze when making bubble hash.:) I've been making some canna butter over night in a slow cooker (£10 in tesco right now!) with about 2 oz fan leaves/bigger trim leaves, a pack of butter & a couple of mugs of water on the low setting.

Monty Bong
25-10-09, 11:14 AM
No need to freeze it - you are going to be heating it up anyway! Only freeze when making bubble hash.:) I've been making some canna butter over night in a slow cooker (£10 in tesco right now!) with about 2 oz fan leaves/bigger trim leaves, a pack of butter & a couple of mugs of water on the low setting.

That's an excellent idea wigster, never thought of using a slow cooker. Does is still stink the house out?

wigster
25-10-09, 12:34 PM
Ta Monty - yeah I put it in an open shed in the garden...well away from anyone coz it does stink! Saw some stuff on the internet using a crock pot (same thing - USA term)...varying cooking times from as little as 4 hrs to 20-22 hrs...I did about 11-12 hrs (overnight) & it looks the biz (will post photo) don't know how strong it is yet coz it was only big fan leaves & bigger trim leaves. :)

skunkless
25-10-09, 08:02 PM
Good point wigster, i guess it makes no difference freezing it for butter since it just get heated up and soaked.
After cooking up 8oz of fan leafs and some trim with 625g of butter in the end (luckily). Simmered it for just over 4 hours and then i let it set. Woke up today for brunch and shared 2 slices of canna buttered toast with my girlfriend and her mother and brother. Her mum is still in bed:stoned-smilie::barmy:
Can't believe fan leafs are so potent, truly amazed:)

wigster
26-10-09, 10:11 AM
Cool skunkless...can't wait to try mine out now:D

wigster
26-10-09, 05:07 PM
I've found a recipe that I've adapted - making it later (might do step by step photos) - its called Choc/Toffee MashedMallow Krispies...will let you peeps know how it goes...making it out in the garage in my Tesco slow-cooker 'coz the cannabutter really STINKS!:)

wigster
26-10-09, 05:51 PM
This is what I'm starting with.........
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/965/medium/P1010220.JPG
(2oz of fan/big trim cannabutter)

skunkless
31-10-09, 09:32 PM
mmm looks nice, i've just eaten some spred on bread with smoked salmon and lemon juice. But could do with a sweet alternative now.

topbud82
01-11-09, 09:27 PM
Heres my freshly baked chocolate space cake nice for after sunday tea.Just needs some custard to go with it man mmmmmm

:dj:

skunkless
02-11-09, 11:32 PM
:stoned-smilie:hmm looks like horse produce, heres mine

wigster
03-11-09, 09:47 AM
I was thinking the same thing but on second thoughts its a bit of a harsh judgement
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/965/horse_shit2.jpg

skunkless
22-12-09, 07:14 PM
lol, How'd the marsh mallow, toffee, choc krispy's go Wigster?

popefull27
23-12-09, 02:57 AM
how many grams would you say it takes for you to get high once cause everybody says how much butter they use but everybody has different potentcy of butter,last time i made brownies i used too much and put about 2 grams in each one and people said they were too strong