PDA

View Full Version : carbon filters the big question

kingsizeblue
10-10-09, 12:18 PM
how well does a carbon filter work ? realy ? all well and being my box is air tight an well insulated - how much smell will i get from the out let ? seems simple but ive never used one as im a novice realy - and the smell is realy my main concern -
thanks again crew - much apreaciated for the advice
keep tokin !
king size .B:joint:

samhain
10-10-09, 12:31 PM
You'r on the ball , as smell can get you rumbled . CF work a treat . 100% killing the smell , a must if you have smell issues .
Im toying with getting an ionizer for the room i smoke in
http://www.heavenfresh.ie/catalog/index.php?cPath=28

kingsizeblue
10-10-09, 02:51 PM
hail and thanks very much samhain have you or anyone else actualy used one an does it realy kill 99% of the smell ?
the ionizers look expensive an im like the budgey as it were lololol
my box is only gonna be 4x4x3 so im not looking at major stuff just for me an me mum (for her artheritis)
but its in a bedroom so smell is a big factor - im cool i think about making the box air tight an in all honesty i recon 6-8 babys so nuthing commercial at all
will it be good enough just to have the outlet in the house somewhere as routin out holes in ceilings or walls is out of the question

thanks again all
keep tokin !
an blessed be samhain - thanks again

dj #
10-10-09, 02:57 PM
yes i have used carbon filters for years and they work well although they dont scrub 100% of the air clean

once humidity reaches 60-70% carbon starts to lose its ability to scrub the air and the higher the humidity goes the greater the reduction of scrubbing power

hope this helps

dj#

M_C
10-10-09, 03:40 PM
http://www.howstuffworks.com/question209.htm will explain to you how carbon filters work

the big cheese
10-10-09, 04:28 PM
tbh If you get a plant that dont honk and a CF all should be good. God a few filters in-line and by the time it gets to the end filter the humidity should reach a more reasonable level

peace

Broon_Troot
10-10-09, 04:42 PM
kingsizeblue: if they are fitted properly they are magic, i dont smell my plant at all with it filter turned on but if i take plant oot the growroom for just 5 mins the smells really starts to build up. if your planning on 6-8 plants i recon that will stink something terrible without a filter.

Mr_Bimble
12-10-09, 10:30 PM
I've got a 4" CF running 24/7 on my grow and when you enter the room there is a slight "planty" smell - but If I open the door on the tent its soo strong my eyes start to water - so it must be working OK.

Can't smell anything at all in the rest of the house.