PDA

View Full Version : Watering

Butterbean
19-01-17, 09:34 PM
Hi peeps I'm having a bit of struggle watering my plant it's my first attempt and so far it's gone well but the last few days every time I water it goes all droopy I'm using a 15 gallon pot in soil and my plants 2 weeks into flower I was watering every few days when the first inch of the plant was dry 1.7 litres of water with old timers plant magic bloom I dropped it down to 1 litre and it's done the same thing (gone droopy)
I'm not to sure if I'm watering it too often (every two days) also I read that your supposed to water until 10-20% run off but I get no run off what so ever am I maybe watering to often and not enough water ? Thanx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cunning
19-01-17, 10:31 PM
Have the roots filled the pot? If you've got lots of soil with no roots in it it'll stay soggy for ages

ERBURT
20-01-17, 01:04 AM
Make sure the pot is light to pick up before you water.
You want to be able to feel there's a bit of moisture there
But not a weight if that makes sense.at your stage yeah
Water till you get half a litre run off,wait for it to stop
Dripping then lift again an feel how heavy it is.
Familiarise with those two weights.then it's just feeling
For that lightness before you water again.so wet to dry
Wet to dry.same from start to Finnish every grow and every pot.
You may of overwatered so check the weight before you water
Again.if your roots are where they should be they should dry
Every 3 days.at a guess,I don't know the gallon to litre conversion
Of your pots

Viz
20-01-17, 10:02 AM
Are your pots lifted from the drainage tray, sometimes if folks are using fabric pots the bottom of their pots stay wet and this makes for unhappy plants I have seen. Drainage is very important for your girls. I would check that the drainage holes in your pot are off the surface, a couple of bits of wood under the bottom to lift them from the drainage tray may do the trick.

greengiant
29-01-17, 09:21 PM
How long did you veg for?

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk