PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Mass Index Calculation

allahu_akbar
09-11-07, 02:06 AM
not really sure where this info should be posted so i just did it here
i typed it up from the book last night

Leaf Mass Index Calculation (LMI)
Taken from “Marijuana The Cultivator’s Handbook” by Bill Drake 1979.

Many people are still confused about how to tell a male plant from a female. This is especially difficult when the plants are very young. There is only one method I know of that will give a good indication, of which plants are going to be male and which will be female before the sexual organs develop. This method is called the Leaf Mass Index Calculation.

To calculate the leaf mass index of a plant, count the number of points on the three central leaves in the cluster, divide by three, and arrive at an average. Multiply these two averages. Then count the number of leaves per cluster on several clusters, and, again, find the average. Multiply these two averages. This is the leaf mass index. The higher the leaf mass index, the greater the likelihood that the plant is going to be a female. (The LMI is not a surefire way of determining the sex of your plants. Still, it’s the best I know.) Be sure to choose leaf clusters from comparable locations when comparing plant’s LMI

Other than this indicator, there are no consistent physiological differences between the sexes before flowering. After flowering, the most striking differences are in growth rate, leaf size, pigment content, and longevity .
after completion of the reproductive act.

i was talking about this on somones introduction..

Bitterfly
09-11-07, 04:25 AM
seems like too much hard work to me!!

if anyone tries this tho id be interested to hear the verdict ;)

Gandhi
09-11-07, 06:26 AM
You mentioned it in a reply to my post. Luckily, I'm an accountant, so I'll have to try this out and let you guys know.

Midnight Toker
09-11-07, 10:42 AM
And if you cant be arsed to go through that lot be patient & all will be revealed in good time :p ;)

Mr.420
09-11-07, 11:00 AM
Hmm,never herd of this.Theres also the method of tying copper(i think),or a metal rod to some strong then hanging the rod,or copper over the top of the plant.If it moves clockwise its a male,if it goes anti-female.I know a few growers that swear by this.

allahu_akbar
12-11-07, 03:05 AM
Hmm,never herd of this.Theres also the method of tying copper(i think),or a metal rod to some strong then hanging the rod,or copper over the top of the plant.If it moves clockwise its a male,if it goes anti-female.I know a few growers that swear by this.

HAHAHAHA
sounds like bullshit
dosent mean its false...

but still sounds like bullshit

P.s. it sounds like you missed a bit of what you were typing

???If it moves clockwise its a male,if it goes ???anti-female???

whats anti-female???

hahaha nah just joking

Mr.420
12-11-07, 09:31 AM
Anti clockwise-female.