PDA

View Full Version : Low smell, secret grow

jono1988
30-10-09, 03:58 AM
I want to do a grow in my room but my main concern is smell, i realy dont want alot of smell, im going to build a stealth cupboard in my large cupboard, the size im going to build is 100cm tall by 80cm wide by 60cm deep, its going to have an intake powered by a computer fan and an exhaust that is going to have a activated carbon scrubber filter that ive seen the plans to build one on another site (will be powered by a fan, not sure what size yet), people say they work so il give that a try, and i might get some ona blocks, i dont want the old lady to find out, thats my main worry lol she knows i smoke weed but growing it is completly on a different level lol(maybe she wouldnt care but i dont want to risk it lol), i live in a 3 storey house, mams on bottom floor and im on top floor, she doesnt come up here that much, but just incase, im after growing some nivana northern lights, because there supposed to be low odour? so whats the chances of getting found out? and not stinking the house out with the smell of weed lol? is there any other precautions i could take to not have weed stinking my house out.

bergkamp
30-10-09, 07:51 AM
seriously mate , if its your parents house and they dont agree dont do it.

Bobby Digital
30-10-09, 09:49 AM
Yeah man or ask your mum first before you start... If she says no respect her decision
peace

Stoner-mx
30-10-09, 10:00 AM
Yeah man or ask your mum first before you start... If she says no respect her decision
peace

seriously mate , if its your parents house and they dont agree dont do it.

So do you reckon the filter wont work, because my parents dont know i smoke, and i wanna do a stealth grow. I live in the attick and got the best place to do it. They never come up hear! Can you over come the smell. Funds are to low to get my own place so thats out of the question till im working again!!

jono1988
30-10-09, 10:15 AM
So do you reckon the filter wont work, because my parents dont know i smoke, and i wanna do a stealth grow. I live in the attick and got the best place to do it. They never come up hear! Can you over come the smell. Funds are to low to get my own place so thats out of the question till im working again!!

I think the filter should work, just because its a diy filter that im making then obviosly there will probably be some smell left over, so some ona blocks an other stuff might sort that out, im gonna do a grow an if she finds out then o well lol she wont though lol.

Quill
30-10-09, 12:16 PM
found a tut on home made carbon filter. its pretty good for small and stealth grows. and really cheap.
im 19 livin with my mum till i finnish collage, and mine was a secret grow for like a week, untill i just told her. she didnt really mind at all. her words were "i wonderd why you stopped asking if you could grow".
i just laughed.
anyways carbon filter.
im not sure about posting links to other doobage forums but i dont think theres a tut on hear so hear is the link.
*link removed*

if im not alowed to do this just delete my post. :)

jono1988
30-10-09, 01:15 PM
found a tut on home made carbon filter. its pretty good for small and stealth grows. and really cheap.
im 19 livin with my mum till i finnish collage, and mine was a secret grow for like a week, untill i just told her. she didnt really mind at all. her words were "i wonderd why you stopped asking if you could grow".
i just laughed.
anyways carbon filter.
im not sure about posting links to other doobage forums but i dont think theres a tut on hear so hear is the link.
*snip*
if im not alowed to do this just delete my post. :)

Thanks mate thats just what i wanted, are you using this filter isit any good? would it take the smell away from 1 plant? i will end up telling her, but after i get all the lights and growing an that cos she cant realy say no when its to late haha, shes pretty easy going but like i said in 1st post, dont want to risk telling her then she says no before i get started haha.

doobya
30-10-09, 01:20 PM
im 19 livin with my mum till i finnish collage, and mine was a secret grow

damn your mom sounds cool! :stoned-smilie:

jono1988
30-10-09, 01:25 PM
damn your mom sounds cool! :stoned-smilie:

I was thinking exackly the same thing lol.

reddevil6
31-10-09, 02:05 PM

im living with my old man till i finish TAFE
Lol i started out the same was gonna be a secret grow is a grow box anyway was raising it for a week then i was like fuck it went out my room to my dad showed him the plant and asked him if i could grow it he said yer sure but your not using that grow box do it outdoor we will get way more bud than a 2- 3 oz baby in there also i dont want it to stink my house out. the only price is he can smoke it too wich doesnt bother be he doesnt smoke much anymore a 3g bag will last him like anything from 2 - 4 weeks while the same will last me 1 - 2 days (lol ill hold the bud and ill give him his little rashion lol jks)

To the auther of this thread just ask her if u can grow it bruv, and yes if u tell her u are groin halve way through there is stuff she can do like rip it up. and she will be pissed but if u ask here now if she says yes u can grow with no worries and if she says no well devastated for u but atleast then she isnt gonna chew ya balls off if shes against the idea and u tell here a couppl months in.

chanandler bong
03-11-09, 04:03 PM
just get a couple of self activated air fresheners that go off every couple of mins?
or just light sum incense im sure that will cover the smell of a small grow mate spesh if they dont come up there?

jono1988
04-11-09, 01:36 AM
just get a couple of self activated air fresheners that go off every couple of mins?
or just light sum incense im sure that will cover the smell of a small grow mate spesh if they dont come up there?

Yer mate i have been thinking about incense sticks lol then if she does come up and smell weed i can just say its incense haha iv decided what im going to get to take the smell away anyway, im going to have a carbon filter, and a timer air freshner, insense sticks, and some ona block, then if she doesnt discover my first grow and there isnt to much smell il get a couple of plants on the go, just testing the water for my first grow so 2 speak lol.

chanandler bong
04-11-09, 03:06 PM
if its only a small grow try looking on ebay for an air PURIFIER basically its got a activated carbon filter in and does a 3 stage filtration im gonna be getting one for my grow room 2bh. only 20 quid aswel mate but check to see if its got the activated carbon inside

jono1988
04-11-09, 03:49 PM
if its only a small grow try looking on ebay for an air PURIFIER basically its got a activated carbon filter in and does a 3 stage filtration im gonna be getting one for my grow room 2bh. only 20 quid aswel mate but check to see if its got the activated carbon inside

Yerr the 1 im making im using activated carbon what ya get from pet shops, they use them in fish tanks and that. some guy on another forum did it, he said it works great for a small grow room which is what i have so no harm in trying, it'l cost next to nowt 2 make its 2 mesh pen cups, activated carbon and a pair of womens tights lol.

LadyJane
05-11-09, 12:56 PM
ive been growing in my room for about 5 weeks now and i rent a room with my bf from my dad. hes a total stoner and is always in my room smoking with me and hanging out and talking. hes told me he doesnt want me growing until he moves out of the house completely, but i cant help myself. so far he hasnt mentioned anything about smell, fan noise, or even the giant plywood box in my closet which hes seen a couple of times now when grabbing his scale out of my closet.
you probably wont have to worry about smell for a while but when you do make your own filter and buy some air freshener it should be good.

jono1988
05-11-09, 08:19 PM
ive been growing in my room for about 5 weeks now and i rent a room with my bf from my dad. hes a total stoner and is always in my room smoking with me and hanging out and talking. hes told me he doesnt want me growing until he moves out of the house completely, but i cant help myself. so far he hasnt mentioned anything about smell, fan noise, or even the giant plywood box in my closet which hes seen a couple of times now when grabbing his scale out of my closet.
you probably wont have to worry about smell for a while but when you do make your own filter and buy some air freshener it should be good.

Yer yer thanks, im going straight into 12/12 so il need to use the filter after about a month wont i? wheres the best place to get femanized northern lights seeds? because been looking on a few sites but there all x with like skunk an strong smelling weed which isnt what i was atm lol.

Mr_Bimble
09-11-09, 01:04 AM
Try the seed shop on here - there's some good stuff and some of it wont stink to high-heaven.

stooks
09-11-09, 09:06 AM
You've got absolutely no chance of hiding the smell, even with a top of the range carbon filter as soon as you open the tent/door of you grow area it will stink your house out.

9Samurai
09-11-09, 03:29 PM
You've got absolutely no chance of hiding the smell, even with a top of the range carbon filter as soon as you open the tent/door of you grow area it will stink your house out.

Does the smell really linger that badly? Even with a stealth gow, with small plants?

Mr_Bimble
09-11-09, 06:56 PM
Does the smell really linger that badly? Even with a stealth gow, with small plants?

Yes it does - its not called SKUNK for nothing.

I brought one small cola in from the shed so I could check for budrot and my wife could smell it upstairs within a minute. I was in the kitchen with all the doors shut and the cooker extractor running while I used the cooker hood lights and a scope to check it over.

The Lost Soul
09-11-09, 10:47 PM
Also, you're lookin at a proper fan and filter set up. None of this pc fan nonsense, nae use at all.