PDA

View Full Version : How long till they smell on 12/12

Beatnik
17-11-09, 12:37 AM
how long on average does it take b4 plants start 2 smell on 12/12 as i have evrythin i need except my carbon filter just wondering if i can get away without it 4 a few weeks??

blurry-vision
17-11-09, 12:47 AM
Depends on the strain and what light your using(so how big the plants will get)

Usually though 3 or 4 weeks before it really gets going smell wise, but as I said ultimately it depends on the strain. And it depends on whether you mean any smell or stink the whole place out smell.

seanMcPot
17-11-09, 12:59 AM
try rubbing the stems very lightly with your fingers then smell your fingers you should be able to smell it that way

samhain
17-11-09, 02:39 AM
Carefull on that one , my other half has smell supersense , she don't smoke and can smell it when i can not , so it's also how good your sense is .
I have been told i reek after visiting the grow room , if you have security concers a filter will help .

Beatnik
17-11-09, 03:01 AM
Depends on the strain and what light your using(so how big the plants will get)

Usually though 3 or 4 weeks before it really gets going smell wise, but as I said ultimately it depends on the strain. And it depends on whether you mean any smell or stink the whole place out smell.

400w hps im usin and yeah i mean stink the place out

Beatnik
17-11-09, 03:02 AM
Carefull on that one , my other half has smell supersense , she don't smoke and can smell it when i can not , so it's also how good your sense is .
I have been told i reek after visiting the grow room , if you have security concers a filter will help .

im definitely gettin a filter cos my neighbours r cunts just wondered wether i cud get goin b4 then as i wont have cash 4 CF 4 a few weeks

blurry-vision
17-11-09, 03:56 AM
400w hps im usin and yeah i mean stink the place out

Well yeah you should be fine for the 1st few weeks at least, but some strains just get going right away, but most the time you'd be cool for the 1st few weeks..

bergkamp
17-11-09, 08:03 AM
should be fine until they start budding mate - get growing

Beatnik
17-11-09, 12:12 PM
cheers chaps watch this space :barmy:

samhain
17-11-09, 12:48 PM
Cooker hood filter is a cheap alternative , it's a plastic foam type stuff inpregnated with carbon , not ideal but might help you short term . got it on my passive intake , just to be sure for sure for sure .
I'm worried after hearing about your neighbour .
Saefty first bro , dont want you gettin rumbled

supra
05-01-10, 01:04 AM
the last 2-3weeks r the stinkers with sharks breath anyway. an cheese lol ive grown chronic plants with no real smell off them under 600w hps.got a 17 pot grow wth chiesel sharks breath ww wrhino chronic in week 5 wth no carbon filter ooops

GanjaFarmer420
12-01-10, 01:35 PM
Also, if you sleep with you're plants you will get used to the smell.
I also noticed aswell with my strain (Blueberry - Dutch Pasion) that it only stunk for 3 hours a day! around 12'ish to 2 :) weird really, unless it was me stoned as per usual.

But yeah all depends on the strain, size of your plant and what light your using.
Best bet is to get those odor spray things that make everything smell nice :D
Also have you tryed looking into a carbon filter? to filter the smell away.

HTH mate,

happy toking an gl on grow :bigjoint: