PDA

View Full Version : Lowrider loft grow :)

VeilOfDanny
21-11-09, 01:32 AM
So, my mates recently moved into his new flat and we straight away saw that it had a loft. After a couple of weeks we decided to check it out, its a bastard to get into as we dont have any ladders :(. First thing i saw was a cupboard, about three quarters the size of me, looked handmade. It put a big smile across my face :D

We moved all the boxes and shite that was up there today, boarded the full floor out and put some carpet down, made some makeshift shelves or seats, whichever really. We decided that the person who lived there before was deffo growing, he'd made the cupboard, and inside were moveable shelves and a little hole cut out the bottom for cables to run in and out of. We also found parts from a broken 250w bulb up there :D We did some dodgy re-wiring so we could have a tv, ps1 and a sega up there an all :bong:

So if he could grow and not get caught, so can we! :)

gonna be ordering this soon
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/125w-Blue-Spectrum-CFL-hanger-hydroponics-grow-light_W0QQitemZ280426724678QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_H omeGarden_Garden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN?hash=item414a bc3d46

then either these
https://www.thctalk.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_24&products_id=121

or these :)
https://www.thctalk.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_24&products_id=96

we've got a fan an such, cant be bothered with a filter cos its right next to the roof and theres always a cold breeze that gets re-circulated up there anyway.

ummm i think ive got a thermometer, and he's got a timer for the light. Ive read that an 18/6 or 20/4 cycle is about right for these plants?
3 weeks of attention then i can sit back and watch them turn pretty?
i know theres alot of stuff to know to make them grow better an that, so anyone help? :) anyone ever grown the lowrider ak or great white before?
any sort of help would be ace! :joint:

and i'll get some pics of the loft next time im round there =]

FZjb
21-11-09, 08:31 AM
Hi, welcome to the great world of growing, prepare to get addicted!

from what i`ve been told and have seen, auto's are a waste of time, you can get something a lot more potent with a lot more harvest and just a little extra time. . they are a novelty, and if you are serious about a good strong harvest with yur m8- give em a miss. esp as you have the space to grow something bigger.- maybe try auto's a bit later down the line. get it wrong with an auto and i expect you may get a quarter each to smoke if yur lucky, per plant.

check out the novice section for the basics there are some excelent stickies. the shop is a good safe place to buy from,. armed with this, you'll be growing like the pro's in no time.

good luck :)

e2a, if you are using a dirty old loft space, make sure it is THOUROGLY clean 1st. dirty growrooms are the number one factor in fungus and disease spread in vunerable plants.

VeilOfDanny
21-11-09, 02:44 PM
haha cheers man! :D

yeah we cleaned the shit out of it yesterday haha! id actually live up there tbh :bong:

but i think were sticking with auto's as its a flat where its like top and bottom of a house, he's got the top and someone else has the bottom. Rent lady comes round every so often, and police choppers are ALWAYS out :(

i mean, in the right hands that loft could hold like 30-40 big plants but were both 18 and jobless so expensive equipment is gonna go a miss :'(

Maybe after the low-lows are done we might get some nice big fatties to cultivate, but as its our first time an that i wanna get to grips with apparently the easiest type of plants to grow?

But cheers for the advice anyways man! :) :bong: