PDA

View Full Version : UK-MRS 1st Coco grow MENTOR-Blue.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Missy
29-07-18, 04:46 PM
Will be up and running by the end of the week so getting a head start on this diary. Had fair to middling results and some disasters with soil but Blue very kindly is mentoring my 1st coco grow.

Set up is-

Trojan TG12 Gold 1.2x1.2x2m tent.

Plant!t PH pen.

TT-102 test wand.

Canna Coco.

Canna Coco A+B

15L airpots.

Black orchid mixed flo 6" extraction fan.

Vegging with 900w Mars Led

Flowering with 600w HPS.

2x 6" clip on fans.

Yet to by PH adjusters, drip trays and pot stands.

You'll notice there is no mention of a filter. The plan is to run ducting from the tent in my bedroom, up through the ceeling into the attic where it will meet the extraction fan (less noisy that way) then ducting coming out of the fan and hack into the the stench pipe in the attic. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work just fine. (Shhhhh don't tell blue or he'll tell me off not using a filter). Can always purchace one if needs be.

I've ordered x5 Dinachem seeds (Dinafems own Chemdawg)

Lets get this coco show on the road!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Blue
29-07-18, 05:11 PM
I suppose I better take a seat :)

I must have read the above wrong . I’m sure it said no filter :laugh:

As soon as there’s a slight whiff in veg a filter needs to be put in even if it’s a £20 job off the bay. Anything is better than nothing. I know your plants never smell but trust me Mrs, done properly there going to stink

Missy
29-07-18, 08:13 PM
Am definately expecting a stink this time around. Will absolutely buy if/when needed don't worry.

The logic is though that once the ducting is installed into the stench pipe and sealed so that nothing can escape then if we've never smelt sewage in the attic then we won't smell the plants either. When the loo is flushed it forces air up the pipe and straight out of the chimney taking the smell with it. I'll pop one of those industrial air freshner cakes in the ducting too as an extra precaution 😊 Our maisonette is the tallest building in the area too so unless warm air sinks? It should work.

Oh yeah forgot to ask, you sent me a link for the ph stuff but it gave me several options, whats the name of the one I need? Cheers Blue 😊

Blue
29-07-18, 08:30 PM
Evening Mrs. The ph additives you need are 250ml of ph down and 250ml of ph buffer 7. Any other questions ask away :)

Regards the filter it’s a must, I’m glad to hear you’ll buy one. The air needs to be cleaned before exiting your tent otherwise we run the risk of the big red key taking your door off it’s hinges at 5am and your entire place turned upside down all for the sake of saving a few quid

Missy
29-07-18, 10:19 PM
Evening Mrs. The ph additives you need are 250ml of ph down and 250ml of ph buffer 7. Any other questions ask away :)

Regards the filter it’s a must, I’m glad to hear you’ll buy one. The air needs to be cleaned before exiting your tent otherwise we run the risk of the big red key taking your door off it’s hinges at 5am and your entire place turned upside down all for the sake of saving a few quidOk ok I'll get one lol. Any recommendations?

Missy
29-07-18, 10:28 PM
Also what about bio silicon or is that just soil? No mention of coco on the plant magic bio silicon bottle or is there a coco version?

Apologies for the newbie questions lol.

Blue
29-07-18, 10:29 PM
Ok ok I'll get one lol. Any recommendations?

Rhino pro filters are your best bet. But if your looking for budget type in 6” carbon filter on the bay and take your pick :)

Blue
29-07-18, 10:31 PM
Also what about bio silicon or is that just soil? No mention of coco on the plant magic bio silicon bottle or is there a coco version?

Apologies for the newbie questions lol.

I think you can use it with coco although it is designed for soil. Don’t buy any as it’s not a must. We can get by without it and keep things simple for you ;)

Missy
29-07-18, 11:53 PM
Okie doke, will put the rhino filter on my shopping list for a couple of weeks time and forget the bio silicon for now then. You can chill for a few days now 😂, should be set up by the weekend.

Got lots of clean mini, small, medium plastic pots to get started in will they be o.k or? Will give you a shout when my seeds are germinated (paper towel method) and ready to go in the coco. 😊

joker_the_smoker
30-07-18, 09:18 AM
good luck mrs. got yaself top mentor if not the best about :) your in for a treat wooopwoooop

Blue
30-07-18, 04:30 PM
Okie doke, will put the rhino filter on my shopping list for a couple of weeks time and forget the bio silicon for now then. You can chill for a few days now , should be set up by the weekend.

Got lots of clean mini, small, medium plastic pots to get started in will they be o.k or? Will give you a shout when my seeds are germinated (paper towel method) and ready to go in the coco. 

Chill? I’ve got another student also. It’s all work and no play Mrs :laugh:

Small pots will be ideal for starting in, post me a picture of the selection you have and il let you know which ones to go with ;)

Ben.g
30-07-18, 04:55 PM
Hi Mrs.

Is this a bigger grow for you with a tent? Thought you grew in a wardrobe/small space grow?

Missy
31-07-18, 10:46 AM
Hi Mrs.

Is this a bigger grow for you with a tent? Thought you grew in a wardrobe/small space grow?Sort of Ben, my 1st groom was a tiny cupboard on my landing, currently finishing a grow in the attic in a self built groom that's bigger than the tent but not as tall. Can't carry on in the attic it's just too dam hot up there plus I'm due for some nasty surgery.

Missy
31-07-18, 10:50 AM

Small pots will be ideal for starting in, post me a picture of the selection you have and il let you know which ones to go with ;)Will do Blue. Haha glutton for punishment, maybe you should change yr name to Obi Wan Cocobi?

Subterranean Man
31-07-18, 01:39 PM

Small pots will be ideal for starting in, post me a picture of the selection you have and il let you know which ones to go with ;)

Good luck Mrs. I’m the other student and Blue has been a great help n got me off to a great start :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missy
31-07-18, 09:25 PM
Good luck Mrs. I’m the other student and Blue has been a great help n got me off to a great start :)

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGreat stuff, ill have a look 😁

Missy
31-07-18, 09:32 PM
Been at it since about 6pm, reorganizing the bedroom and setting the tent and fan up etc. I'm half crippled and not had me dinner yet!!!

Gonna finish off my autos in it (a week tops) and going away for the weekend on Friday so it'll be early next week to pop the beans Blue.

P.s Dam this tent is hooooooooge! I could camp in it mun! I pictured it smaller, dunno why. Plenty of head room for the MONSTERS we're gonna grow 😜https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180731/136aee13ea88fe5386d8e52bd41588a9.jpg

Blue
31-07-18, 09:52 PM
Another step closer. Happy days :)

Suprising how big the tents are eh Mrs. As said before there’s no rush, I’m here when your ready. Hope you enjoy your weekend away :)

Anything in the meantime just ask away

Missy
01-08-18, 01:07 PM
Beans have arrived, realised I forgot to order the PH down n 7!! Not to worry will do it tomorrow and it'll be here Monday ready to go.

Thanks will do, a weekend sea fishing before I have to give it up for 18 months, I wont be able to cast until the metal work being put in my neck fuses to the bones. Gutted but has to be done unless I want to end up in a wheelchair wearing a nappy!

So happy the tent is all set up. Found a couple of tiny pin prick light leaks in it but nothing a little square of electrical tape won't fix.

It's got great negative air pressure, the tent sides are sucked in nicely. The sound of the air movement is a little noisy but the filter will improve that hopefully.

I put my 4 auto's in there to finish but I MAY be chopping the 3 tomorrow as after the weekend my step kids are coming to stay so it'll be difficult to do during the week. I wanted plenty of ambers but it's just not happening. The rest of the trics are all swollen and cloudy though and ripe for the plucking.

Temps in the tent are 27oC with 41 humidity. We'll see what happens when the warm weather kicks in again.

Super excited to get started!!!

Blue
01-08-18, 07:47 PM
Lovely Jubbly Mrs, sounds like your weekend will be a good one. Fingers crossed on the surgery I’m sure all will be ok :)

So the seeds have arrived and we have plenty of negative pressure in the tent, we’re off to a good start already :)

Missy
02-08-18, 08:54 PM
Weekend has gone tits up (no camp site vacancies) so just doing a day of sea fishing on Saturday.

Forgot to ask, do I need Rhizotonic? It wasn't on the list

Easy-T
02-08-18, 09:07 PM
Good luck uk Mrs & blue
Will tag along 👍

From the groom

Blue
02-08-18, 09:11 PM
Weekend has gone tits up (no camp site vacancies) so just doing a day of sea fishing on Saturday.

Forgot to ask, do I need Rhizotonic? It wasn't on the list

Thats a shame on the campsite :(

You don’t need rhizotonic or any other root stimulant but you will have better results when using some. If you’d like to use it go with 500ml of plant magic root stimulant it will do you fine at £11.79 a bottle. Item number 251981996273

Do you not already have anything from previous?

Missy
02-08-18, 09:17 PM
Thats a shame on the campsite :(

You don’t need rhizotonic or any other root stimulant but you will have better results when using some. If you’d like to use it go with 500ml of plant magic root stimulant it will do you fine at £11.79 a bottle. Item number 251981996273

Do you not already have anything from previous?Cool, will grab some in time for potting up then. More roots= more fruits as they say 😊

G'
02-08-18, 10:29 PM
Good luck with your grow OK i'll sub up and ride along if that's Ok, all the best, G'.

Missy
06-08-18, 10:34 PM
Just a quick question @Blue about watering/feeding. I'm trying to figure out how I can raise my air pots during the grow so that I can slide out the drip trays I'm gonna buy.

How can I set things up so that I don't have to lift the pots to get rid of the run off?

Also am seeing about 5 or 6 pin prick holes in my tent plus some light leak around the corner of the main access zip. Is that gonna be an issue? I can cover the pin pricks but the zip?

Anyhoo, got my PH down, my calibration fluid is being held under ransom at the post office.

So I think tomorrow is the day to unleash the beans! Paper towels at the ready. Will get some pics of the plastic pots I have to start off in.

Exciting times! Better than going sea fishing, sitting on a rock for 4 hours with spinal problems and not getting a single bite haha!

Easy-T
07-08-18, 10:06 AM
On the zip if you put your finger behind it when zipping, making sure the flaps at the back overlap, then rub down the zip works with mine

From the groom

Missy
07-08-18, 11:21 AM
On the zip if you put your finger behind it when zipping, making sure the flaps at the back overlap, then rub down the zip works with mine

From the groomMine just has the one thick flap. Its just the top corner so I'll throw a blanket over the top of it 😊

Missy
07-08-18, 05:32 PM
Hey blue, my calibration stuff is being delivered on Thursday, it's ok to pop my beans in paper towels now right?

Missy
07-08-18, 05:44 PM
Hey blue, my calibration stuff is being delivered on Thursday, it's ok to pop my beans in paper towels now right?

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkWell actually I gotta soak them 1st so actually I'll do it tomorrow morning, I'll pour a cup of water ready now and let the chlorine evaporate overnight 😊

Oooh while I remember, I saw something on subs grow that you told him about using a bucket to mix up the feed?

Will 1 standard bucket worth be enough to feed the 4 plants in my 15L fabric pots when they are fully grown? Or do I need more than one seeing as I'll be letting the water sit overnight before mixing? Cheers Blue.

Subterranean Man
07-08-18, 06:33 PM
Well actually I gotta soak them 1st so actually I'll do it tomorrow morning, I'll pour a cup of water ready now and let the chlorine evaporate overnight 😊

Oooh while I remember, I saw something on subs grow that you told him about using a bucket to mix up the feed?

Will 1 standard bucket worth be enough to feed the 4 plants in my 15L fabric pots when they are fully grown? Or do I need more than one seeing as I'll be letting the water sit overnight before mixing? Cheers Blue.

Hi Mrs,

I got orange buckets from BnQ on blues direction. They’re 12 litres and under £1 each.Buy 2 for now they won’t go amiss :)

Blue
07-08-18, 08:13 PM
Evening MRS :)

To raise the pots you can build a timber frame if your anygood with the Diy?

Basically a base/frame slightly shorter than size of your tent base. Lets say 1.1m. Then on top of the frame you can add some kind of mesh sheet or something similiar for the pots to sit on and the run off to pass through into the trays below.

As for the tent i agree with easy T above, undo the entire zip and double check the thick flap behind is sat correctly, it may be tucked under the pole? These tents are good budget tents ive never had an issue with pin holes etc I’m sure abit of tape stuck on the inside should sort those.... Shame really when your paying £100 you expect something half decent :(

Also as Sm has mentioned, grab a couple of buckets for mixing feeds, it makes things much easier. One may do to start with but you may need 2 for flower

Go ahead and get those beans soaking :)

Missy
07-08-18, 10:51 PM
Great thanks guys. I'm not handy but I know a man who is 😁 Hubby is great with all that, his joints permitting. So will get that sorted in the next couple of weeks.

Next post will hopefully be a pic of 4 happy little tap roots 😁

Missy
08-08-18, 12:57 PM
Right, just watered the auto OG kush I have finishing in the tent and have spotted seeds. That means she was polinated right?

So I take it I should hold off starting my grow until she's out and scrub my tent down?

Blue
08-08-18, 02:55 PM
Right, just watered the auto OG kush I have finishing in the tent and have spotted seeds. That means she was polinated right?

So I take it I should hold off starting my grow until she's out and scrub my tent down?

The pollenation will have most likely happened in your other room as it tends to cross over in the very early stages of sexual maturity. But let’s play it safe and give it a good scrub with some diluted bleach/washing up liquid.

How longs the og kush got left ?

Missy
08-08-18, 06:24 PM
It's got a week to go I'd say. I'd be devastated to get all the way to the switch to have it go tits up and have to start again. For the sake of 7 days I'm not gonna risk it.

Blue
08-08-18, 06:30 PM
It's got a week to go I'd say. I'd be devastated to get all the way to the switch to have it go tits up and have to start again. For the sake of 7 days I'm not gonna risk it.

Dont worry this grow will be a walk in the park Mrs :)

If the Og kush doesn’t look to have matured any further in 7 days time certainly take it down... Once pollinated they tend to focus more on seed production than they do actually producing buds.

Missy
10-08-18, 09:04 AM
I'm chomping at the bit to get started, have all my shiny new equiptment ready to go!!!!!!!

Had a good look at the OG last night, she's 67 days from seed, my others usually take around 75 days. She's not quite there yet but ready or not she's coming down on Wednesday (got the step kids Thursday/Friday) so I'll be soaking the beans on Monday.

Got the calibration fluid. Am gonna buy a wet/dry vac from Screwfix next week. My old dry vac is useless anyway so could do with a new one. Will make dealing with the run off a hell of a lot easier for me plus no need to build a mesh frame. Just an individual stand for each pot. 😊

Subterranean Man
10-08-18, 11:21 AM
I'm chomping at the bit to get started, have all my shiny new equiptment ready to go!!!!!!!

Had a good look at the OG last night, she's 67 days from seed, my others usually take around 75 days. She's not quite there yet but ready or not she's coming down on Wednesday (got the step kids Thursday/Friday) so I'll be soaking the beans on Monday.

Got the calibration fluid. Am gonna buy a wet/dry vac from Screwfix next week. My old dry vac is useless anyway so could do with a new one. Will make dealing with the run off a hell of a lot easier for me plus no need to build a mesh frame. Just an individual stand for each pot. 😊

Hi Mrs, if you look at my diary I will see that I used mini trunking to elevate the pots from the tray , allows it to sit off and also allows air to get under 😀

Missy
10-08-18, 10:45 PM
Hi Mrs, if you look at my diary I will see that I used mini trunking to elevate the pots from the tray , allows it to sit off and also allows air to get under 😀

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGreat idea Sub, I'm using fabric pots so whatever I use It'll need to be placed in such a way that the bags don't sag inbetween the gaps and sit in the tray 😊

Blue
11-08-18, 11:01 AM

Got the calibration fluid. Am gonna buy a wet/dry vac from Screwfix next week. My old dry vac is useless anyway so could do with a new one. Will make dealing with the run off a hell of a lot easier for me plus no need to build a mesh frame. Just an individual stand for each pot. 

Roll on Monday, I’ve been looking into the Dinachem strain. Nothing but excellent reviews :)

Missy
13-08-18, 05:13 PM
And we're off, gonna pop all 5 and if all germ I'll cull the runt as I don't want to go over 4.

Shall I just use plastic cups with holes in the bottom to start off? Saves me rummaging amongst the spiders in the shed 🕷🕸🕷https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180813/278b0b90e0e90fb4309c6f38ff9a723e.jpg

Blue
13-08-18, 05:25 PM
Exciting times :)

Yes plastic cups will do. As long as you make the drain holes big enough underneath as we want to be able to see the root growth poking through to give us a better idea when to repot.

Do you have any soil to hand for the cups to start in or would you like to go with the coco straight away?

Gaz
13-08-18, 05:52 PM
Subbed up guys, these coco grows are fascinating and be cool to get subbed at the beginning. Good luck guys

Missy
13-08-18, 08:35 PM
Exciting times :)

Yes plastic cups will do. As long as you make the drain holes big enough underneath as we want to be able to see the root growth poking through to give us a better idea when to repot.

Do you have any soil to hand for the cups to start in or would you like to go with the coco straight away?Sod it lets go straight in with the coco shall we. I gotta learn sometime and practical learning is preferable for me. I know it'll be more faffy but sod it, paid for all the gear, may as well put it to use.

I braved the spiders! Here's the choice, the only ones I had x4 each of. The larger pots are what I'll pot up into so what's better to start in the cups or iccle pots? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180813/8a174e753285337783f72f2be9858a77.jpg

Blue
13-08-18, 08:47 PM
Iccle pots please Mrs, there the exact ones I use when starting off photoperiods from seed. Perfect 

The fifth seed can go in a cup if you like until you’ve chosen your best four of the bunch.

Fill them with coco but leave enough space up top to allow for a coco top up. Just in case they stretch slightly to begin with. You can add in more coco to support the stems.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180813/5e43d4061e4d417b63f5f7397ca777ab.jpeg

Missy
14-08-18, 07:33 PM
Fab thanks Blue. Right, they've all popped and should have a long enough root to pot in the morning sooooo hit me!

What shall I use to mix up the feed, I've got everything from a 1pt glass jug or can do it in what ever ml/L you like.

I'll need to stand some tap water overnight right?

And of course I need amounts and instructions on how to make it up.

Explain it as if you're teaching a 12 year old lol, I have a bit of a neurological cognition issue going on (waiting for diagnosis) am not thick lol just having issues processing information but once I've done it it'll be fine if you get what I mean.

Ben.g
14-08-18, 07:37 PM
You noticed your promotion Mrs?

Blue
14-08-18, 07:40 PM
Firstly congratulations on your forum promotion MRS, the pressures on now :)

Did you get any root stimulant/additive in the end? Or do you have any from the previous grow?

Easy-T
14-08-18, 07:43 PM
Firstly congratulations on your forum promotion MRS, the pressures on now :)

Did you get any root stimulant/additive in the end? Or do you have any from the previous grow?

she needs her student bling aswell

Missy
14-08-18, 07:46 PM
Promotion? No, what's happened? Am using taptalk so nothings notified me. Ooooh exciting!

No root stimulator no but can order some on Thursday. Would I be better off in soil to start? I THINK I have some B&Q verve left from my last grow, I've got rooting powder if that's any use.

Blue
14-08-18, 07:51 PM
Promotion? No, what's happened? Am using taptalk so nothings notified me. Ooooh exciting!

No root stimulator no but can order some on Thursday. Would I be better off in soil to start? I THINK I have some B&Q verve left from my last grow, I've got rooting powder if that's any use.

Your now a know forum user. It comes with a few perks like a secret forum ;)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?172598-We-have-new-Known-Users-)

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/forumdisplay.php?155-Secret-Active-User-Discussion

Which rooting powder do you have? Remind me

Missy
14-08-18, 07:56 PM
Also was gonna ask, I'm TOYING with the idea of instead of buying a 600w HPS, maybe going for a 2nd 600w LED panel. Giving me around 500w true wattage.

Giving that even with extraction and my intake duct sitting on the window sill I'm still hitting 30-33 day time temps in my tent. So unless I buy air con (too dam noisy for my bedroom) then I'd be screwed on a warm day with HPS heat.

But I'd be trading off light penetration though wouldn't I. But I'm figuring that if I got 2oz from an auto in soil under 900w LED in the past then surely I could get 3oz+ with 1200w in coco?

Missy
14-08-18, 08:17 PM
*500 true wattage from 1200w total from 2x600w Mars LED panels.

Missy
14-08-18, 08:39 PM
As for rooting powder, it's just a tub I picked up from poundland for my garden cuttings.

I have some canna terra pro plus soil left if I'd get better results with that?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180814/72389026dacc623df0f0a243bcfe421f.jpg

Blue
14-08-18, 08:47 PM
I’m not a massive fan of Led tbh, but I can’t say much as I’ve had to use one due to heat also. The one I have is a meizhi 600w with grow and bloom switch. It’s not bad and gets the job done I suppose but it doesn’t compare to good old hps.

If your set on getting another go for it but I doubt we’l get the results I was hoping for on this grow with just Led alone :(

Blue
14-08-18, 08:51 PM
Here’s the plan Mrs :)

. Fill your pots with coco as mentioned previously
. Fill up a spray bottle with just straight tap water
. Lightly spray the coco on top including the small seed hole.
. Pop the seed in knuckle deep. (Tap root down)
. Stick them in the tent under your led light

Leave out the rooting powder we will be ok without. But order the root additive when you can :)

Missy
14-08-18, 09:15 PM
Maybe if I have my light cycle to be lights on during the evening/night I can cope with the heat better. Autumn will be here by the time veg is over so when I buy the HPS I should be ok hopefully.

Is it better to water just before lights on or lights off or doesn't it matter? Need to make sure I'll be awake lol.

O.k when you say spray the top of the coco and the hole ready for the seed. Am I aiming to only wet just the top of the coco? Wouldn't I be risking it drying out super quick and killing them? And do they not need any feed in the beginning? Sorry for the quick fire round lol.

Blue
14-08-18, 09:52 PM
If you was to purchase a digital ballast you could always dim it to reduce the heat. On the lower setting of 250-400w it will still out perform the led and run cooler.

Lights on or off for watering doesn’t really matter through veg. But I’d prefer you to water a couple of hours after lights on during flower to prevent a big hike in humidity during 12 hours of lights off. Obviosly theres alot more moisture in the area after watering but heat and light seem to keep it at a resonable level whilst on.

The plan is to water to a wet to dry cycle for the next week as you would a soil grow but never allow the coco to completely dry. Spray before planting to wet the medium and give it a spray after planting too. Check up on it when possible and give it another spray to prevent it drying out too much. Once its above ground you can look at watering the small pot rather than spraying.

No nutrients as yet. Again not until its above ground and almost established.

Missy
15-08-18, 12:24 PM
Groovy, I'll go with the digital ballast then, I'll bug you for a link when the time comes.

So here are the beans this morning, I want to do it by the book so are the 3 with longer roots ready to go in or shall I hold off a bit longer? 😊https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180815/93f3f4022317276cc7e220f0b5c1d4a1.jpg

Missy
15-08-18, 12:25 PM
P.s yay for the new medal and special hat 🤣

Blue
15-08-18, 12:27 PM
The 3 with the longer roots are certainly ready for a pot up. Leave the other two until later on today :)

Blue
17-08-18, 04:45 PM
Do we have life MRS? :)

Missy
17-08-18, 08:05 PM
And we're off! Good news n bad. We have 3 above soil and looking happy. The other 2 beans popped and produced a little root but then gave up by the looks.

Sooooo what to do. If I order more beans It'll take days to get them and by the time they're in the coco they'll be a week+ behind the other 3 but I need to dry in the tent so :( Don't know, what do u recon?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180817/71cb4b57a67a38473e0ffdfe7b5720ec.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180817/b4d83add1e5ca6d26548c588fd7b0051.jpg

Blue
17-08-18, 08:11 PM
I’ve had this a few times before, they pop a rubbish taproot and go no further. Stick them in some coco with the heads of the seed showing and hope for the best. (That’s if you still have them)

Dont you have any other photo seeds to hand? Freebies with this order?

Missy
17-08-18, 10:04 PM
I’ve had this a few times before, they pop a rubbish taproot and go no further. Stick them in some coco with the heads of the seed showing and hope for the best. (That’s if you still have them)

Dont you have any other photo seeds to hand? Freebies with this order?No freebies no 😢 but I do have a Purple bud seed left from my 1st grow. It's been kept dark in a wooden box so worth trying it. I've put it in water.

So when will the seedlings need their 1st feeding?

Blue
17-08-18, 10:20 PM
No freebies no  but I do have a Purple bud seed left from my 1st grow. It's been kept dark in a wooden box so worth trying it. I've put it in water.

So when will the seedlings need their 1st feeding?

Its certainly worth a go yes, fingers crossed it makes 4 :)

Do you have your Ec Meter now? We need to test your tap water to determine a feed

Missy
18-08-18, 09:32 AM
Yeh have had it ages, so just water straight from the tap or does it need to stand 1st?

Missy
18-08-18, 09:46 AM
Root stimulant is here too 😊

Missy
18-08-18, 04:03 PM
Bugger, heading out at 6.30 to my daughters engagement party. My usual lights on is 7pm but gonna have to do it 30 mins early, wont hurt this once will it?

Do they need a feed today or can it wait till tomorrow morning? Otherwise I'm gonna have to do it drunk when I get home and I don't fancy my chances!! 😮

Also I can't find the instructions for my EC wand. Tried popping the end in water but nothing happened (stop laughing) lol. Took the top of to check it has batteries 1st. When I screwed it back down the lights went from bottom to top then off. How do I do it? Lol

Missy
18-08-18, 04:04 PM
And yes I took the cap off the end before I tried it 😂

Blue
18-08-18, 11:20 PM
Evening Mrs, No 30 minuets too early won’t matter at all. Interrupting the light cycle during 12/12 is where you’ll start to see problems, not so much in veg.

Regards the meter it should just drop in the water and show a reading there’s no setting up required. I can only suggest taking out the battery’s and replacing or putting back in and trying again. Glad to hear you’ve taken the cap off as I didn’t want to ask ��

They can be fed tomorrow but I’d ideally like to know your tap water reading first? Once you have it get back to me and we’l take it from there :)

ps feed water needs to be stood for 24 hours prior to feeding. Less than 24 will be ok on the odd occasion

Missy
19-08-18, 09:51 AM
Morning Blue. Bugger I should have stood some water yesterday. Was a bit hectic to say the least. Will do it now, is there a preferable amount? I'll pop it in the tent.

Blue
19-08-18, 10:49 AM
Morning Blue. Bugger I should have stood some water yesterday. Was a bit hectic to say the least. Will do it now, is there a preferable amount? I'll pop it in the tent.

Morning :)

Its no problem on the water, stood for a just a few hours will do this once. You need enough water to wet the whole pots. So your watering until a little trickles out of the drain holes. I doubt you will need a great deal being in mini pots. Around 1 and a half to 2L?

Il instruct on how to prepare the feed as soon as we know the waters Ec number :)

Missy
19-08-18, 03:09 PM
Right, what am I doing wrong here. I filled a jug with tap water about an hour ago. Not feeding till lights on at 7pm.

Put new batteries in the EC meter. As you close the battery cap the lights flash one after the other.

So I then put it in the water for 1 minute...nothing.
Take it out....nothing
Put it back in again.... nothing.

Am I being dumb? Found instructions, they say to let the probe "warm up" in the water for 1-2 mins. Is that what it is? Is the water too cold? I'm bamboozled 😖

Blue
19-08-18, 03:12 PM
Right, what am I doing wrong here. I filled a jug with tap water about an hour ago. Not feeding till lights on at 7pm.

Put new batteries in the EC meter. As you close the battery cap the lights flash one after the other.

So I then put it in the water for 1 minute...nothing.
Take it out....nothing
Put it back in again.... nothing.

Am I being dumb? Found instructions, they say to let the probe "warm up" in the water for 1-2 mins. Is that what it is? Is the water too cold? I'm bamboozled 

Something doesn’t sound right here. It’s not you don’t worry. I’m guessing you have a faulty meter. As the instructions say dip it in and wait a moment to adjust to the waters temperature. If it doesn’t work this time it’s definitely faulty. What’s the lowest reading the meter gives in EC on the display ?

Missy
19-08-18, 03:18 PM
Something doesn’t sound right here. It’s not you don’t worry. I’m guessing you have a faulty meter. As the instructions say dip it in and wait a moment to adjust to the waters temperature. If it doesn’t work this time it’s definitely faulty. What’s the lowest reading the meter gives in EC on the display ?Nothing, it only lights up at all if you take off the battery case and put it back on again.

I'm up shit creek now 😢

Blue
19-08-18, 03:21 PM
Not to worry try the following.

Take some of your water Add in 1ml Part A and 1ml Part B (Base Nutrients) and stir. See if that shows a reading. We won’t be using this water it’s just a meter test.

Still no reading with 1ml of each try 2ml of each

Missy
19-08-18, 03:32 PM
Not to worry try the following.

Take some of your water Add in 1ml Part A and 1ml Part B (Base Nutrients) and stir. See if that shows a reading. We won’t be using this water it’s just a meter test.

Still no reading with 1ml of each try 2ml of eachOk did that, a little pot of water then added 1ml each of A and B and not it's flashing between 4.0 and 4.4. Does that mean it's working?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180819/56db7337aaf5100612b6ae0ba372b45f.jpg

Blue
19-08-18, 03:34 PM
That’s rather high for only 1ml of each. Was it a very small amount of water? Try diluting it down now with more water from the tap. Does it lower the reading?

Missy
19-08-18, 03:43 PM
That’s rather high for only 1ml of each. Was it a very small amount of water? Try diluting it down now with more water from the tap. Does it lower the reading?Yeh just a little tiny pot. Tipped half of it in a plastic cup, topped up with tap water and now flashing between 1.8 and 2.0.

Missy
19-08-18, 03:43 PM
Does that mean my tap water has f all in it? 😂

Blue
19-08-18, 03:48 PM
Does that mean my tap water has f all in it? 

Quite the opposite, it leaves me to believe you have extremely hard water like myself. Mines 1.0ec from the tap and can cause no end of problems. Maybe we found the answer to your issues on previous grows?

An average reading for medium hardness in water should show around 0.2-0.5 before any nutrients are added. Forget the meter and Leave out the A and B for now. Let’s do this a different way for the first couple of feeds... Feed instructions to follow :)

Blue
19-08-18, 03:55 PM
Mix up a feed:

.Add in 2ml per litre of your root stimulant.

.Give it a good stir

. Now test the water ph with your ph meter

. Take your bottle of ph down and add in the tiniest of a drop (stir)

. Now grab your ph pen again, place it into your water a second time and take a ph reading (Your looking for a ph of 5.8)

. If it needs lowering further apply another drop until you get it right.

. If it’s slightly under 5.8 add in some tap water to raise it.

It may take some getting used to at first but you’ll soon get a feel for it. Don’t get any ph down on yourself or the carpets this stuffs lethal and highly concentrated

Missy
19-08-18, 04:50 PM
Quite the opposite, it leaves me to believe you have extremely hard water like myself. Mines 1.0ec from the tap and can cause no end of problems. Maybe we found the answer to your issues on previous grows?

An average reading for medium hardness in water should show around 0.2-0.5 before any nutrients are added. Forget the meter and Leave out the A and B for now. Let’s do this a different way for the first couple of feeds... Feed instructions to follow :)Rodger that Blue. I'll be back on around 7 to let u know how I get on.

So what will happen with the base nutes now then? I don't understand. Don't they need N, P and K to start growing or are there traces of it in my hard tap water already?

Blue
19-08-18, 04:56 PM
Rodger that Blue. I'll be back on around 7 to let u know how I get on.

So what will happen with the base nutes now then? I don't understand. Don't they need N, P and K to start growing or are there traces of it in my hard tap water already?

Okidokie Mrs

You'll still be using base nutrients but for the first couple of feeds just the root stimulant will be ok. Yes as you say the traces in your water will do just fine for the moment.

In the meantime have another go with the Ec truncheon. This time fill a bucket and add in a 2ml of each A and B see what sort of readings you get? We need to determine whether it’s 100% faulty so you can send it back for an exchange.

Theres a little probe in the top, 2 prongs if I recall. Double check there clean

Missy
19-08-18, 05:48 PM
Okidokie Mrs

You'll still be using base nutrients but for the first couple of feeds just the root stimulant will be ok. Yes as you say the traces in your water will do just fine for the moment.

In the meantime have another go with the Ec truncheon. This time fill a bucket and add in a 2ml of each A and B see what sort of readings you get? We need to determine whether it’s 100% faulty so you can send it back for an exchange.

Theres a little probe in the top, 2 prongs if I recall. Double check there cleanClean? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180819/e00358bc2d90118a79c82a4d8e7d975a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180819/cfdeeaf1d200db94a3ec94b22ce61a1f.jpg

Blue
19-08-18, 05:52 PM
They look ok, give them a wipe down just to be sure

Missy
19-08-18, 05:59 PM
Right tried in just plain tap water again and nothing.

Added 2ml each of A and B. Stirred and tried again. It flashed between 0.4 and 0.6. Is that good? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180819/e492465dd71c71b7d4adce5e68c7d862.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180819/a9df267c720c46d4b08871f45f1199b0.jpg

Blue
19-08-18, 06:09 PM
Ok now we’re getting somewhere. It looks to be working. You have an Ec of 0.5 there :)

Stick with just the root stimulant for this feed we will add in A and B at the next. What you need to do is add in enough A and B so the meter shows a reading of 0.3. I don’t wont to give you information over load today so il explain at the next feed.

So your watering to a little bit trickles out of the drain holes tonight. Root stimulant 2ml per litre and then ph,d to 5.8

Missy
19-08-18, 06:42 PM
Ok now we’re getting somewhere. It looks to be working. You have an Ec of 0.5 there :)

Stick with just the root stimulant for this feed we will add in A and B at the next. What you need to do is add in enough A and B so the meter shows a reading of 0.3. I don’t wont to give you information over load today so il explain at the next feed.

So your watering to a little bit trickles out of the drain holes tonight. Root stimulant 2ml per litre and then ph,d to 5.8The lowest reading on the meter is 0.4, so I'll be interested to know how I try to get a measurement of 0.3 lol. Tell me later 😂

Blue
19-08-18, 06:45 PM
The lowest reading on the meter is 0.4, so I'll be interested to know how I try to get a measurement of 0.3 lol. Tell me later 

In that case you make up an Ec of 0.4 😂

Missy
19-08-18, 07:03 PM
Sounds like a plan. For that feed I'll have 2L of water standing ready then. Is there any particular preferred way of standing the water for 24 hours? Just in a clean pop bottle or something like a wide neck pitcher better?

Missy
19-08-18, 07:10 PM
Right am doing the root stim feed now. Do I need to calibrate my ph tester 1st, and if so how?

Blue
19-08-18, 07:18 PM
I usually stand my water in the bucket. I find it’s easy to prepare a feed in it rather than a bottle etc. All you do then is use a jug to take it from the bucket to plants.

Yes feed the root stimulant tonight as I listed out previously. Your meters a good one I doubt it will need calibration to start with as it’s factory calibrated

Missy
19-08-18, 07:24 PM
I usually stand my water in the bucket. I find it’s easy to prepare a feed in it rather than a bottle etc. All you do then is use a jug to take it from the bucket to plants.

Yes feed the root stimulant tonight as I listed out previously. Your meters a good one I doubt it will need calibration to start with as it’s factory calibratedO.k I added 3ml of root stim to 1.5L of water. Gave a good stir. PH pen settled on 8.1. So just add 1 drop of PH down at a time and stir right, till I get to 5.8?

If I get to like 6.0 or 5.9 would 1 drop be too much?

Blue
19-08-18, 07:30 PM
O.k I added 3ml of root stim to 1.5L of water. Gave a good stir. PH pen settled on 8.1. So just add 1 drop of PH down at a time and stir right, till I get to 5.8?

If I get to like 6.0 or 5.9 would 1 drop be too much?

Spot on Mrs

If you get it to 6.0 or 5.9, Add the tiniest amount to drop it a little further. If you over shoot a couple of points and it ends up 5.6-5.7 add a little tap water to take it back up.

Give it a try in a jug first you’ll see what I mean

Missy
19-08-18, 08:14 PM
Took a bit of faffing because I overshot to 5.7 but got there in the end. I did a mix of 1.5L in a plastic pitcher so added 3ml of root stim then PH down a drop at a time to 5.8. All done and tucked up for the night, Temp at 27, RH at 61. Thanks for your help today blue. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180819/63e3eb2605c1cb7f6cd6fafa0bf1cc70.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180819/2e27003f19c4068281a5aca8853f4307.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180819/4c0d6aaf1d09a399843bfe8e6d091190.jpg

Blue
19-08-18, 08:18 PM
I told you it was easy 😂

Perfect job Mrs, Off to a good start, hows the purple bud seed? Will we have 4 plants this week?

Missy
20-08-18, 08:44 AM
I told you it was easy 😂

Perfect job Mrs, Off to a good start, hows the purple bud seed? Will we have 4 plants this week?Easier than I imagined really, just faffy lol. The difficulties I'll have will be diagnosing issues should they occur when I go it alone. I'll still need adult supervision lol.

I had a tiny brain fart with the purple bud, I came home tipsy on Sat night and remembered I had it soaking in the cup but instead of paper towel I popped it straight into coco (Duh). But had a peek just now by very gently digging it up and it has popped. Just a tiny white bit of root poking out but thats good enough for me. Hopefully see her up in the next few days.

The 2 remaining Dinachems I did what u said and put them in coco with their heads poking out. Nothing as of last night. Will go check them in a min.

Blue
20-08-18, 09:14 AM
Should you get any issues you’ll be glad to know it’s always an easy fix in coco. 2 days and your back on track where as before in the soil your forever chasing problems and it could take weeks to correct.

I agree coco can be a little faffy but once you get a feel for it you’ll have a feed mixed up in a matter of minutes. After a while you wont need the Ec or ph pen either tbh as you’ll know what amounts give what readings ;)

Fingers crossed on the purple bud showing its head.. As for the others above ground what you need to do now is let them dry slightly over the next day or two before another water

Shame about the dud seeds are they from are sponsors? Give them a message you might get some more if your lucky. Got to be worth a try

Missy
20-08-18, 11:42 AM
Checked the remaining Dinachems and both have rotted. Never mind. All hopes pinned on the Purple bud to perform now. Come on little girl, you can do it!

Missy
20-08-18, 03:10 PM
Should you get any issues you’ll be glad to know it’s always an easy fix in coco. 2 days and your back on track where as before in the soil your forever chasing problems and it could take weeks to correct.

I agree coco can be a little faffy but once you get a feel for it you’ll have a feed mixed up in a matter of minutes. After a while you wont need the Ec or ph pen either tbh as you’ll know what amounts give what readings ;)

Fingers crossed on the purple bud showing its head.. As for the others above ground what you need to do now is let them dry slightly over the next day or two before another water

Shame about the dud seeds are they from are sponsors? Give them a message you might get some more if your lucky. Got to be worth a tryGot them from Seedsman, I've had to have some replaced once before as they kept keeling over 24 hours after getting above soil. Turned out it was damping off because I stored my soil in our tin shed over summer and it went fungal. Cost me a fortune in seeds working that one out haha. You live n learn.

This time may have been my fault too perhaps. I put the plastic tub with paper towel inside on top of my aquarium as it's nice n warm but perhaps it got too warm? All 5 sprouted but those 2 were left an extra 48 hours to get their roots longer but obviously rotted off. Will stick to the airing cupboard next time 😊

Missy
20-08-18, 03:15 PM
And yes I thought that, like if I was doing the same feed next time with the same 1.5L of water I'd know to go straight in with at least 6 drops of PH down and then measure.

But next time will have A+B so it'll be different. I'll keep using the meter though just for my own peace of mind.

Ooh also forgot to ask. You know the little sponge inside the inner cap of the ph pen? That should always be left on right? Even while in use? And kept wet? Instructions were pretty vague.

Blue
21-08-18, 09:14 AM
I presume the sponge is a protector for the probe and possibly to keep it moist... Most keep there pen in fluid while not using. I never bother and haven’t had a problem

Missy
21-08-18, 02:18 PM
Is this a suitable set up Blue for when I flip? I wan't an air cooled. Is that the right bulb or? Cheers :)

Blue
21-08-18, 04:44 PM
Is this a suitable set up Blue for when I flip? I wan't an air cooled. Is that the right bulb or? Cheers :)

Is the above post missing something? I dont follow MRS?

Air cooled hoods can be applied to your extraction unit. The bulb you need for flower is a duel spectrum hps

Missy
21-08-18, 07:10 PM
Sorry lol

Alls looking well, coco still nice n damp.

The Purple buds root is nicely out so wont touch it again now and hopefully see some green above ground in a day or 2 

Temps are 26 lights on, 24 off, humidity 51.

Missy
21-08-18, 07:11 PM
Forgot the pic lolhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180821/ea693da41712323986de98ba93da9d60.jpg

Subterranean Man
21-08-18, 07:17 PM
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F 152992099162

Sorry lol

Alls looking well, coco still nice n damp.

The Purple buds root is nicely out so wont touch it again now and hopefully see some green above ground in a day or 2 😊

Temps are 26 lights on, 24 off, humidity 51.

Hey Mrs ,

I think the last link got deleted as its not allowed .

Screenshot it n upload it n blue will see it 😉

Looking good tho pal 👍🏼👌🏻

Gaz
21-08-18, 07:19 PM
Or just put the item number :)

Missy
21-08-18, 09:07 PM
Ooooops sorry bout that.

The item number is 152992099162 Blue.

Blue
21-08-18, 09:31 PM
That looks ok Mrs but I think a duel spectrum bulb would be better than the super hps bulb that comes with that kit. I can find you the right one if you like.

The plants are fine and will be ready for a feed tommorow evening. Do you have some water on standby?

Happy days on the purple bud :)

Missy
22-08-18, 09:53 AM
Yes please, or whatever light set up, up to the value of say £80 that you recommend. Preferably with air cooled hood. Thanks Blue.

Yes water on standby, did it before I went to bed. Out of curiosity, I know u can't store made up feed water without a bubbler but how long can u store plain water before adding nutes do u recon or is it the same oxygen issue? I'm a forgetful sod is why I ask.

Missy
22-08-18, 10:08 AM
Just checked, pots are drying out but 1 particular is dry down to the knuckle already, should I water/feed earlier? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180822/9f9e5a390e055c0bbdd89d4636baf0db.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180822/61a42a9caef5f61c6b5ea577b9ad0ec1.jpg

Gaz
22-08-18, 10:49 AM
Coming on nicely guys :)

Blue
22-08-18, 12:05 PM
Yes please, or whatever light set up, up to the value of say £80 that you recommend. Preferably with air cooled hood. Thanks Blue.

Yes water on standby, did it before I went to bed. Out of curiosity, I know u can't store made up feed water without a bubbler but how long can u store plain water before adding nutes do u recon or is it the same oxygen issue? I'm a forgetful sod is why I ask.

You may get away with a couple of days. The problem with storing water without a bubbler is the ph rises rather rapidly when stood aswell as loses oxygen

The drier pot above will be ok. Water this evening :)

Blue
22-08-18, 12:11 PM
Tonight’s feed

Add in root stimulant at 2ml per litre

Add in Part A and B of your base nutrients until the Ec meter flashes 0.4. (Based on your last practice mix in the 10L bucket this should work out around 1.5 ml. (I’m not sure what your storing the current water in size wise)

Stir and Check ph

Adjust to ph 5.8

Water til a little comes from the drain holes.

Job done ;)

Missy
22-08-18, 12:53 PM
Great thanks Blue.

Do I need to mix up 10L just for my little pots? I've only got 1.5L of water standing in a large jug.

For 1.5L I'd add 3ml of root stim then add equal amounts of A+B till I hit 0.4 EC then PH to 5.8, would that be o.k?

Can then start using a bucket next watering.

Subterranean Man
22-08-18, 01:08 PM
Great thanks Blue.

Do I need to mix up 10L just for my little pots? I've only got 1.5L of water standing in a large jug.

For 1.5L I'd add 3ml of root stim then add equal amounts of A+B till I hit 0.4 EC then PH to 5.8, would that be o.k?

Hi Mrs its all about the maths n measures , I’m sure 1.5l will do it but you need it to reach the bottom n allow it to drain. I’m sure blue will clarify later when he’s done with work.

You can get 2L jugs from Tesco £1:50 each if you want to store more . You will need buckets tho as time goes on. I’ve just given mine 1.6L each approx. A bucket for each plant for catching the run off when you get to that kind of watering as I’m taking out about 1.6 -2.0 L from 4 plants as run off.

Certainly better to have more water than you need ... as I found out too 😂

As i say blue will be along to confirm 👍🏼

Cheers SM

Blue
22-08-18, 01:24 PM
Great thanks Blue.

Yes thats fine Mrs, I only mentioned the bucket measurements to give a rough idea on A and B amounts in what ever your using at the moment. I doubt youll need much at all

Missy
22-08-18, 07:55 PM
Was in a rush cooking for the minions and managed to overshoot with the A+B so had to dilute with tap water to get from 0.5 down to 0.4.

Got the PH spot on though 5.8.

Pics in the morning, all looking good. Hoping to see an appearance from the purple bud, will be well chuffed if she does grow after 2 years in a box lol.

Missy
23-08-18, 12:20 PM
Afternoon, my taptalk is playing up and I can't be arsed messing about uploading pics the old way so just a quick update.

Guess who's decided to join the party? Yes little miss Purple bud is above ground!!!! Super chuffed. That batch of seeds she came from was the best smoke I ever grew so am really looking forward to this :)

Missy
23-08-18, 01:09 PM
Working again now, so here they are :)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180823/7f2cbd3b611d21f07813020915630d9b.jpg

gardro
23-08-18, 02:06 PM
Very good luck Mrs

🔆🔆https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?170211-Gardro-s-coco-grow-mentored-by-joker-the-smoker&p=1070817743#post1070817743

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

Blue
24-08-18, 02:05 PM
We have lift off, fingers crossed it does actually turn purple ;)

Alls looking as it should Mrs. How’s the coco for moisture, perhaps ready for another feed in a day or two?

Missy
24-08-18, 05:06 PM
Will check at lights on (7pm) the Dinachems are probably o.k but the Purple may need a little.

They didn't get purple the 1st time I grew, I think cooler temps are meant to help towards the end, will give it a try :)

I noticed they're still awefully small at 7 days old, is that normal for coco?

Subterranean Man
24-08-18, 06:47 PM
We have lift off, fingers crossed it does actually turn purple ;)

Alls looking as it should Mrs. How’s the coco for moisture, perhaps ready for another feed in a day or two?

Talking of purple B,
I’ve entered the DD’s to WPOTM 👹👹...

I’m sure yours will be rocking the purple flowers soon enough tho Mrs 👌🏻

Missy
24-08-18, 06:50 PM
Talking of purple B,
I’ve entered the DD’s to WPOTM 👹👹...

I’m sure yours will be rocking the purple flowers soon enough tho Mrs 👌🏻Would be nice. The 1st lot I grew was my 1st ever grow and I jumped the gun and harvested a bit early. Can't wait to see what ones like at full potential!

Missy
24-08-18, 06:55 PM
Hoping I can add in my 600w LED to the HPS I'm buying when I get close to the end because I do love the heavy trics the LEDs produce. It'll be nice and cold outside by then so hopefully I can pull in cold air from outside to keep the temps in check :)

Missy
24-08-18, 07:13 PM
Day 7 update pictures....

Would you say tomorrow for feeding Blue? With the flash on you can see the one is drier than the others.

Will the Purple bud get the same feed as the others? Root stim at 2ml per L, A+B to 0.4 EC then PH'd to 5.8 until a little run off? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180824/7777c6b8e6c3c7386a3fdf386b7c2e55.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180824/ea964e51591cee5219aabe56b0d9dab6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180824/49cadc0c6cc5874c238b18b1dc5c8c84.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180824/e6c2c3595587bb5dcd71757c2532be84.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180824/7d0c30a9dd87dc18f23393e36a93d7a0.jpg

Blue
24-08-18, 09:31 PM
Slow growth, the joys of led growing and photoperiods.

Feed tommorrow Mrs exactly as you have mentioned above but increase the Ec by 0.1 by upping the amount A and B, So thats a feed with the meter flashing between 0.4-0.6, giving you a total ec of 0.5

Missy
25-08-18, 10:48 AM
Slow growth, the joys of led growing and photoperiods.

Feed tommorrow Mrs exactly as you have mentioned above but increase the Ec by 0.1 by upping the amount A and B, So thats a feed with the meter flashing between 0.4-0.6, giving you a total ec of 0.5Okie dokie, what shall I do about the lil PB, I've only got the usual 1.5L of standing water but she only needs 0.4 EC. Is bottled water o.k to use, I can grab a 2L bottle while I'm in Asda. Will start standing a bucket next time :)

Missy
25-08-18, 10:55 AM
Also, when I go it alone next time, how do I know when to increase the feed like today? I know there's a schedual I can follow for early veg, late veg yadda yadda but what is it that made you suggest I up to 0.5 EC today specifically? Cheers Blue :)

Blue
25-08-18, 01:24 PM
To save alot of hassle give the purple bud the same feed as the others, im sure it will be fine.

Judging an increase in Ec is done by the colour of the plants. As a general rule you always start 0.1 - 0.2 above your background Ec. We know yours sits around 0.2 from the tap, so you started with an Ec of 0.4. Your now increasining this further due to the plants colour. Do you see how they have become a slight yellow in colour? This indicates they need more feed. So you increase your total ec by a point at first to see how they take it. Hopefully this should darken the colour. If it doesnt you take it a point further at the next feed and so on.

Always start low and work your way up in increments of 0.1-0.2. This way you’ll avoid giving too much too soon and will find your plants sweet spot more easily.

Missy
25-08-18, 01:43 PM
Ok, have run into a weird issue with the feed.

Got my 1.5L of water, added 3ml of root stim, good stir, then 3 drops each of A+B, that got me to 0.6 so diluted with my cup of bedside water from last night and got 0.5.

Did my PH expecting to need to lower it as always but it's coming out as 3.9???? So thought it must be my ph pen needing calibration so I tried my pen in the calibration fluid at it came out as 7.3! So calibrated to 7.0.

Tested again and I'm at 3.6. Wtf? What do I do now, not got PH up 😖 @Blue

Blue
25-08-18, 02:18 PM
Ok, have run into a weird issue with the feed.

Got my 1.5L of water, added 3ml of root stim, good stir, then 3 drops each of A+B, that got me to 0.6 so diluted with my cup of bedside water from last night and got 0.5.

Did my PH expecting to need to lower it as always but it's coming out as 3.9???? So thought it must be my ph pen needing calibration so I tried my pen in the calibration fluid at it came out as 7.3! So calibrated to 7.0.

Tested again and I'm at 3.6. Wtf? What do I do now, not got PH up  @Blue

Its always best to check ph first before altering as you've just found out.... The canna A and B can lower the ph of water so thats probably your issue.

Try adding in an extra 3ml of root stimulant to the mix and see if it takes the ph up? Failing that youll need to make another mix.

Missy
25-08-18, 02:47 PM
Nope, extra root stim not helped.

You've lost me now, PH before? If I have to hit a certain EC by adding the A+B then whatever that does to the PH can't be helped can it? I could PH before and after root stim and before and after A+B but if it's gonna lower the PH it's gonna lower the PH right? So theres nowt I can do to stop it during the mixing. I'm confused lol.

Can make up a new batch at 7pm lights on, I'll stand a 10L bucket of water now for it.

Blue
25-08-18, 03:09 PM
Nope, extra root stim not helped.

You've lost me now, PH before? If I have to hit a certain EC by adding the A+B then whatever that does to the PH can't be helped can it? I could PH before and after root stim and before and after A+B but if it's gonna lower the PH it's gonna lower the PH right? So theres nowt I can do to stop it during the mixing. I'm confused lol.

Can make up a new batch at 7pm lights on, I'll stand a 10L bucket of water now for it.

What I meant was always check the ph of the water before your about adjust. Yes you may have already been lower than the ph you was looking for but I hazard a guess it would have only been a fraction under and its easily sorted by adding more tap water.

What you have done is take an already low ph even further out of range beyond the point of adjustment

Missy
25-08-18, 04:54 PM
I'll talk you through exactly what I did a sec cos I'm confused.

I added the 3ml of root stim 1st, stirred then added 3 drops each of A+B and sirred again, then checked the EC whi h was 0.6 so I had to add more water to get 0.5, I then checked the PH to see how much PH down I'd need to add but it was at 3.9. I didn't add PH down at any point. What point should I have checked the PH and what could I have done if it was already too low? Add less A+B? But then my EC would be too low?
The only time I PH'd was after getting my EC to 0.5. Sorry am I being completely dull, I am arnt I lol?

Blue
25-08-18, 05:48 PM
I'll talk you through exactly what I did a sec cos I'm confused.

I added the 3ml of root stim 1st, stirred then added 3 drops each of A+B and sirred again, then checked the EC whi h was 0.6 so I had to add more water to get 0.5, I then checked the PH to see how much PH down I'd need to add but it was at 3.9. I didn't add PH down at any point. What point should I have checked the PH and what could I have done if it was already too low? Add less A+B? But then my EC would be too low?
The only time I PH'd was after getting my EC to 0.5. Sorry am I being completely dull, I am arnt I lol?

No its not you its me :laugh:

I was under the impression you had added ph down after adding your A and B without checking the water ph beforehand. Im with you now, thanks for the explanation. I blame the weed :(

Ok so if the A and B is reducing the ph of your water like it is before your actually adding any ph down try increasing the amount of water in your mix. So lets say you have 1.5L stood ready to make up a feed. Try more water than this so the A and B isnt as heavy on the ph. Half fill a bucket with a quite a few litres rather than the small amount you are doing.

Yes you may have a little waste to start with but theres nothing we can do at the moment. Once the plants are in larger pots and are drinking more theyll be no waste.

It may be that little to no ph down is needed at all with the method above. Let me know how you get on mrs

Subterranean Man
25-08-18, 06:06 PM
No its not your its me :laugh:

I was under the impression you had added ph down after adding your A and B without checking the water ph beforehand. Im with you now, thanks for the explanation. I blame the weed :(

Ok so if the A and B is reducing the ph of your water like it is before your actually adding any ph down try increasing the amount of water in your mix. So lets say you have 1.5L stood ready to make up a feed. Try more water than this so the A and B isnt as heavy on the ph. Half fill a bucket with a quite a few litres rather than the small amount you are doing.

Yes you may have a little waste to start with but theres nothing we can do at the moment. Once the plants are in larger pots and are drinking more theyll be no waste.

It may be that little to no ph down is needed at all with the method above. Let me know how you get on mrs

As an aside B , I was cock on 5.8 today after all additives , used the silicone to bring it up , not even 0.3ml was needed 👍🏼

Hardly using any PH down now myself Mrs , trust me it gets easier when your mixing up bigger volumes, I’m now mixing 10L as of today , started on 4L then 6L then 8L. It’s all about the maths n measures 👌🏻

Bit daunting in the beginning but as blue says it sort of all clicks into place and you get to know what to use to adjust EC n PH.

Hang in there pal 🤜🏻

Cheers SM

Missy
25-08-18, 08:58 PM
All plain sailing tonight. I used 5L in a bucket, 10ml of root stim, 1ml each of A+B and it hit 0.5 exactly. PH was at 7.1 so PH'd down to 5.8.

Bloody hell Blue, don't mess with my head like that mun lol, I was sat there as confused as Joey Essex doing long division! I went back and had a read through your sticky too "coco for noobs" and was like wtf??? Haha.

This was my trying to figure it out where I cocked up lol!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180825/e508c9a9d1bbee2f15c7147c3f62fdac.jpg

Blue
25-08-18, 09:25 PM
I most likely looked the same whilst trying to figure this one out, I still read your post now as if you had ph’d the water after adding the feed :laugh:

At least were keeping each other on are toes lol

Missy
25-08-18, 09:59 PM
I most likely looked the same whilst trying to figure this one out, I still read your post now as if you had ph’d the water after adding the feed :laugh:

At least were keeping each other on are toes lolI was just testing ya really 😉

Blue
26-08-18, 07:18 PM
How are they looking Mrs?

Missy
27-08-18, 02:25 PM
How are they looking Mrs?At 10 days old now, still looking pale to me and growing sooooooooo slowly.

When I upped to 0.5 I noticed the light on the meter was flashing twice on the 0.4 and once on the 0.6. I figured it meant that it was closer to 0.4 than 0.6 am I right? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180827/14c428ccd3958325c0cfc865723309ad.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180827/fb8ab2d9791a6dcb31ccbe651a62258c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180827/ea248cba3de550e034f20efb15bc92bc.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180827/c2e8d16231b3cb83580d5be4058e7402.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180827/3cccebc8e77a84578490ca5c52e3bb0f.jpg

Blue
27-08-18, 03:17 PM
Is this with the camera flash on?

What you need to do now is feed again I presume you have some water on standby. Increase the total Ec by 0.2. We’re looking for there sweet spot, nice and green we then keep it there.

So mix up a feed 2ml per litre of root stimulant. Add in your A and B to give you an Ec on the meter of 0.6 or flashing between 0.6-0.8. Ph to 5.8 and feed again to a little run off

Missy
27-08-18, 04:20 PM
Nope no flash, I just sat them on the landing windowsill for the best natural light. Definately pale. No water on standby, was going to do it tonight ready for tomorrow. Is bottled water any good? Can run up Tesco metro for a couple of 2L bottles.

Do people use de-coordinator? I usually have it in the house as have 2 fish tanks. Not got any right now though (typical). If so it would be handy for if I forget to stand some water or if I mess up my feed and need to start again.

Missy
27-08-18, 04:22 PM
Sorry, DE-CHLORINATOR stupid auto correct!

Blue
27-08-18, 04:22 PM
Nope no flash, I just sat them on the landing windowsill for the best natural light. Definately pale. No water on standby, was going to do it tonight ready for tomorrow. Is bottled water any good? Can run up Tesco metro for a couple of 2L bottles.

Do people use de-coordinator? I usually have it in the house as have 2 fish tanks. Not got any right now though (typical). If so it would be handy for if I forget to stand some water or if I mess up my feed and need to start again.

Yes they do look pale.. Stick some tap water in a bucket and give it a really good stir up. Itl be ok for a feed later on today.

Missy
27-08-18, 04:43 PM
Okie dokie, I'm on it. What about the PB, water that one tomorrow with a 0.4 EC?

Blue
27-08-18, 04:46 PM
Okie dokie, I'm on it. What about the PB, water that one tomorrow with a 0.4 EC?

Give it the same and water at the same time too. Let’s bring it inline with the others Itl soon get used to it.... Save a lot of hassle ;)

Also keep an eye on the underneath of the pots for roots. Once you have a few you can repot

Missy
27-08-18, 08:45 PM
All done, hoping to see a better colour on them soon :)

Missy
28-08-18, 09:00 PM
Little to report today, forgot to take a daylight pic earlier. Still a bit pale, will check properly in the morning and get pics for you Blue.

No sign of roots at the pot bottoms yet. Defo think I'll start off in soil next time to give em a head start :)

Blue
28-08-18, 09:50 PM
Little to report today, forgot to take a daylight pic earlier. Still a bit pale, will check properly in the morning and get pics for you Blue.

No sign of roots at the pot bottoms yet. Defo think I'll start off in soil next time to give em a head start :)

You should see some change by tomorrow... How close is the led to the plant tops?

Missy
29-08-18, 11:47 AM
Morning, light is 18" away from the leaves. Started at 20". I tend to keep it at 18 until flip then I let them grow into it a bit, no more that 15" though.

Still look pale to me. Natural light, no flash.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180829/c4fab3570278c0ae1602f756cb2e0f69.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180829/ec652c411c38f515013212b32c308ee8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180829/d594e50a9b997901f40aa51aa7f4e8a9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180829/f385aa7daf4a5a5b84f9ca2d5b4bc258.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180829/90aad06c7aa397ff8686935b3e46fc74.jpg

Blue
29-08-18, 12:19 PM
Are the pots light? If so feed again tonight. Increase your Ec by another 0.1. So your 0.6 above your background Ec which to me is excessive but you have to do as the plants want I suppose.

Make up a feed 2ml per L of root stimulant and add in Equal amounts of A and B to give a final Ec of 0.8. Ph 5.8

Missy
29-08-18, 03:58 PM
The 3 Dinachem are a lot lighter than the PB so no probs, will do it before I go to bed tonight as I only filled the bucket when I got up this morning. Cheers Blue.

Man if these plant's don't speed up I'll be lucky to harvest before New year!!!

Might go auto next time tbh and start off in soil. What's the average yeild per auto plant in coco under 600w HPS?

Blue
29-08-18, 09:40 PM
The 3 Dinachem are a lot lighter than the PB so no probs, will do it before I go to bed tonight as I only filled the bucket when I got up this morning. Cheers Blue.

Man if these plant's don't speed up I'll be lucky to harvest before New year!!!

Might go auto next time tbh and start off in soil. What's the average yeild per auto plant in coco under 600w HPS?

10 days in and your giving up already, come on Mrs hang in there lol

There's no ruderalis here so don’t expect rapid growth. That said I know where your coming from, I changed to autos and switched back to photos after, needless to say I ditched them and went straight back to autos :laugh:

These need a root system before they get going hang in there, you’ll be pleasantly surprised once they’ve had a repot and there on the daily feeds.

Trex
29-08-18, 10:17 PM
Subbed up ajd takin notes yall . Pretty much at same stage expet with cuts . IM feedijg .5 atm . .08 does seem excessive eh

Missy
31-08-18, 11:44 AM
Morning. Mmmmm what is it with these girls??? They have grown though.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180831/16638071b720579b759727a477131db1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180831/0e9d61214a562ade46d08b9d24d18b51.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180831/4974e0e150318949ca92c38ac29d4d63.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180831/50b5fcade6943a7229cea3920f772b53.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180831/b5ecae1cba9665d8a27069c2f89f7af0.jpg

Missy
31-08-18, 12:00 PM
Is it possible that my background EC is 0.0? I've googled that some peoples tap water is.

Also forgot to say, yesterday I was out all day fishing so popped an Asda timer on my lights to go off at 2pm and on at 8pm. Wen't to bed at midnight and the dam lights were still off!!!! I'd been doing it by hand these last few weeks.

So pretty sure they got up to 10 hours+ of darkness. Is that a problem as a one off during veg? Am ordering a Black Orchid timer today.

Easy-T
31-08-18, 12:16 PM
Is it possible that my background EC is 0.0? I've googled that some peoples tap water is.

Also forgot to say, yesterday I was out all day fishing so popped an Asda timer on my lights to go off at 2pm and on at 8pm. Wen't to bed at midnight and the dam lights were still off!!!! I'd been doing it by hand these last few weeks.

So pretty sure they got up to 10 hours+ of darkness. Is that a problem as a one off during veg? Am ordering a Black Orchid timer today.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TapatalkThose asda timers might not have enough to power HPS, I had a b&q digital 1 worked perfectly with led but won't work now I've switched to hps, got a black orchid 1 only 10er from amazon

From the groom

Gaz
31-08-18, 12:25 PM

What type of fishing MRS? Did you have any.joy ?.

Missy
31-08-18, 12:39 PM
Those asda timers might not have enough to power HPS, I had a b&q digital 1 worked perfectly with led but won't work now I've switched to hps, got a black orchid 1 only 10er from amazon

From the groomIt was just my 600w LED, am buying 600w HPS for flowering.

Missy
31-08-18, 12:43 PM
What type of fishing MRS? Did you have any.joy ?.Carp fishing on Morgans ponds Newport, all I got was a small Bream, Hubby had a nice 11llb mirror though. Normally good fishing down those lakes but it was dead yesterday, I jinxed it lol. We do a bit off sea fishing too off the cliffs in Barry and Porthcawl and tiddler bashing on the canal with his kids :)

Gaz
31-08-18, 12:59 PM
Carp fishing on Morgans ponds Newport, all I got was a small Bream, Hubby had a nice 11llb mirror though. Normally good fishing down those lakes but it was dead yesterday, I jinxed it lol. We do a bit off sea fishing too off the cliffs in Barry and Porthcawl and tiddler bashing on the canal with his kids :)

Nice :) 11lb mirrors a nice fish !. Fishing this year has been tough I think all over. Ive struggled to be honest where as last year was cracking.

Trex
31-08-18, 01:09 PM
Bout fawking time we get an update here MRS 藍藍藍藍 ..... much ch nicer colors eh missus ? From the pics looks like they greened up more nicely .

Yeah its possihle you have 0 e.c if your on r.o water . City water .mije is .1 in winter .3 in summer . Ph 6.7 ish give or take .it can boujce up and down .

Trex
31-08-18, 01:22 PM
Nice :) 11lb mirrors a nice fish !. Fishing this year has been tough I think all over. Ive struggled to be honest where as last year was cracking.

Here also in Canada . Fish werent biting at all man .....0 .. we had heatwave after heatwave and to me it fawked up their whole cycles . Heck we always caught our 4 walleye limits everyday and in two weeks lucky we caught 4 total walleye in two weeks . A complete bust .....

Gaz
31-08-18, 01:31 PM
Here also in Canada . Fish werent biting at all man .....0 .. we had heatwave after heatwave and to me it fawked up their whole cycles . Heck we always caught our 4 walleye limits everyday and in two weeks lucky we caught 4 total walleye in two weeks . A complete bust .....

Yeah similar here mate, weather fucked up the insect hatches and ruined the fishing. Ireland didnt really have a proper mayfly hatch this year and thats a very telling sign !!!!

Blue
31-08-18, 02:04 PM
Hello Mrs firstly the one off dark period is no problem. Continue as normal.

Secondly there taking to the higher feed much better. Increase your Ec by another point. So thats 0.9 total. (Flashing between 0.8-1.0 on the meter) feed again tonight.

Can you run me through exactly what your doing to make up this feed? Also could you place the meter into a bucket of tap water again and let me know the reading? We need to rule out theres no underlying issues causing the paling with such a high feed. Your adding in the part A before B right? .

Missy
31-08-18, 02:44 PM
Hello Mrs firstly the one off dark period is no problem. Continue as normal.

Secondly there taking to the higher feed much better. Increase your Ec by another point. So thats 0.9 total. (Flashing between 0.8-1.0 on the meter) feed again tonight.

Can you run me through exactly what your doing to make up this feed? Also could you place the meter into a bucket of tap water again and let me know the reading? We need to rule out theres no underlying issues causing the paling with such a high feed. Your adding in the part A before B right? .What I've been doing is standing 5L in a bucket.
Adding 10ml of root stim, good stir.
Adding 1ml of A then 1ml of B and stir.
Test EC.
Adding a a few drops at a time of A the B and stiring again and repeat till I get to desired EC.
Testing PH
Then adding PH down a drop or 2 at a time till I get to 5.8.

What is it I'm doing wrong, should I be stiring in the A before I add the B or something?

Missy
31-08-18, 02:47 PM
Nice :) 11lb mirrors a nice fish !. Fishing this year has been tough I think all over. Ive struggled to be honest where as last year was cracking.Last week he had a few commons, mirror, loads of Bream, but when I was well enough to go I jinxed him lol. It was the same all over the lakes tbh, nobody was having much luck.

All over our area last week though everbody was pulling them out hand over fist but this week has gone downhill it seems :(

Blue
31-08-18, 04:20 PM
What I've been doing is standing 5L in a bucket.
Adding 10ml of root stim, good stir.
Adding 1ml of A then 1ml of B and stir.
Test EC.
Adding a a few drops at a time of A the B and stiring again and repeat till I get to desired EC.
Testing PH
Then adding PH down a drop or 2 at a time till I get to 5.8.

What is it I'm doing wrong, should I be stiring in the A before I add the B or something?

Your not necessarily doing anything wrong I just wanted to check the feed was ok. Having such a low background Ec and feeding the Ec you are is uncommon.

It would be better if you could put the correct amount of A In first, give it a really good stir then add the correct amount of B followed by a stir rather than adding bits of each until you reach the Ec your looking for.

Missy
31-08-18, 05:01 PM
Your not necessarily doing anything wrong I just wanted to check the feed was ok. Having such a low background Ec and feeding the Ec you are is uncommon.

It would be better if you could put the correct amount of A In first, give it a really good stir then add the correct amount of B followed by a stir rather than adding bits of each until you reach the Ec your looking for.I get what you're saying. How do I know the correct amount though lol?

Easy-T
31-08-18, 06:33 PM
I get what you're saying. How do I know the correct amount though lol?

could you not put in AB then add some more water to bring ec to correct ec? ,dont know i watching and learning im a soil grower

Blue
31-08-18, 06:49 PM
Your putting in 1 ml of each then adding in a few drops of A and B after. How much is a few drops lol?. Another ml? 2ml?. Im sure if you add in 0.5ml per litre rather than 1ml and a few bits it would make it easier for you. If you over shoot slightly add in abit of water

Subterranean Man
31-08-18, 07:05 PM
10 days in and your giving up already, come on Mrs hang in there lol

There's no ruderalis here so don’t expect rapid growth. That said I know where your coming from, I changed to autos and switched back to photos after, needless to say I ditched them and went straight back to autos :laugh:

These need a root system before they get going hang in there, you’ll be pleasantly surprised once they’ve had a repot and there on the daily feeds.

Hey Mrs , blue is spot on with the autos , here’s mines at 10 days

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180831/6d484826b3429560a1d14351a8422db3.jpg

And here’s mines 30 days later https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180831/44a3c30ba31102d8156b0e64f1603ffd.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180831/a6406745f3055009b4994efdbb72140f.jpg

They do take off , yours are looking spot on just now ✌🏼

Cheers

Sm

Subterranean Man
31-08-18, 08:03 PM
Those asda timers might not have enough to power HPS, I had a b&q digital 1 worked perfectly with led but won't work now I've switched to hps, got a black orchid 1 only 10er from amazon

From the groom

Got 2 lumii ones from Amazonia , heavy duty £8 each .

Apart from 2 fecked ballasts they’ve been fine 🙈😂

Missy
01-09-18, 12:42 AM
Your putting in 1 ml of each then adding in a few drops of A and B after. How much is a few drops lol?. Another ml? 2ml?. Im sure if you add in 0.5ml per litre rather than 1ml and a few bits it would make it easier for you. If you over shoot slightly add in abit of waterDefo I shall add 2ml of A, good stir then 2ml of B and shouldn't have to mess about too much to get to 5.8, cos I was there forever the other night farting about with my dropper doing 3, 2, 5 drops at a time.

It's 12.38 right now, only just sat down indoors after a boozy BBQ with my sister and Bro in law. I'm not hammered yet, just having a quiet after party with a large glass of wine and good music while hubby sleeps and have my candles lit a minute to chill before I go up. Been a long day 😊

Missy
01-09-18, 12:49 AM
Hey Mrs , blue is spot on with the autos , here’s mines at 10 days

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180831/6d484826b3429560a1d14351a8422db3.jpg

And here’s mines 30 days later https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180831/44a3c30ba31102d8156b0e64f1603ffd.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180831/a6406745f3055009b4994efdbb72140f.jpg

They do take off , yours are looking spot on just now ✌🏼

Cheers

SmCheers Sub, still getting to grips with it all. I get it in theory but the practical sometimes bakes my fragile noodle lol.

I have faith in our Blue. It's just such a mad change from the auto, LED, Soil switching to Photoperiod n coco. I'm so used to the plants being so much further along by now. I never did struggle during veg, I used to do really well but as soon as I'd hit flower 3-4 weeks in with my Auto's it would start to go tits up and no matter how much love and attention I'd show them....

Guess I'm just waiting for the "tits up" moment. Seeing a bit more growth on a daily basis now though so am starting to feel a bit better about it. Thanks to Blue :)

Missy
01-09-18, 02:15 PM
What do you think Blue?
No roots showing yet. Looking a bit better today I think. The older leaves on the one looking a tiny bit ropey but the newer growth looks quite good.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180901/818e433ffc74668eb66d627da32d0842.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180901/b82c83f8f2148587ef89b6d7f877ac64.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180901/9f7275e2fd00cecdd64ef4500074992a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180901/2198f4656a824f2cd7fd7acb04c21ae7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180901/229bb00fcb38082896f573611cce381a.jpg

Missy
02-09-18, 12:22 PM
Day 16 update, looking good to me. No visible roots yet. You can see in pic 3 the ropey leaf. Pots feeling light blue so will water them this evening. 0.9 EC and Ph to 5.8 as always. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180902/88e9882162989af9d40d7cdcce89889e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180902/d4e99b0a5a5f7ab482fff47fb13850e7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180902/f291afb974088e56fe226c8c4db357fc.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180902/f0f7b0d62afe9667ec5329df6c44eb5c.jpg

Blue
02-09-18, 04:20 PM
Lovley Mrs, now were getting somewhere :)

No problem with todays feed that will be fine. The yellowing lowers could be one or two things. Either they've dried out a tad too much or theyve used up the stored food during there hunger spell.

Were looking to pot these up over the next few days as soon as you see roots. You shouldn't be far off :)

Missy
02-09-18, 07:28 PM
All done, got there a little quicker tonight, I know for next time now to add 5ml each of A+B then if the PH is the same as this evening 7 drops of PH down should do the trick 😊https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180902/2af8b48a75ee6a81575f59c674649dcb.jpg

Blue
02-09-18, 07:31 PM
It certainly sounds like your on the right track now. It Just takes a week or two to get into the swing of it :)

Place some water on standby as they may need another feed tomorrow depending how fast these small pots are drying out

Missy
02-09-18, 09:41 PM
Will do Blue. I'm trying to work out a rough time to harvest, how long a veg time do you see these needing? Will switching to HPS during veg produce faster growth?

Blue
02-09-18, 09:56 PM
Will do Blue. I'm trying to work out a rough time to harvest, how long a veg time do you see these needing? Will switching to HPS during veg produce faster growth?

Will hps during veg produce faster growth? Absolutely. It’s like night and day, theres no comparison the hps (duel spec) would be far superior.

4 plants in coco under a hps light would usually veg for 4 weeks and return around 16-20oz dry after 8-10 weeks flower

Missy
03-09-18, 09:03 AM
Will hps during veg produce faster growth? Absolutely. It’s like night and day, theres no comparison the hps (duel spec) would be far superior.

4 plants in coco under a hps light would usually veg for 4 weeks and return around 16-20oz dry after 8-10 weeks flowerDecision made then lol. When you have time could you pretty please send me an ebay link for one you'd reccomend. Around the £80 mark preferably, on a tight budget this month. Thanks Blue :)

Missy
03-09-18, 11:16 AM
Looking good this morning :)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180903/b0f0fc0a0f9b944911ede6b9f19c0d57.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180903/6ba05ee035eea82449cd46e184e660c3.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180903/5979f15e73133b45b72022b20f1f3ddb.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180903/b6276e06cd08b241ae5f88839cceb984.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180903/e15a531c42c3b2071535e8435d855470.jpg

Gaz
03-09-18, 11:30 AM
Coming on now MRS :)

Blue
03-09-18, 12:13 PM
And there off ;)

Much better MRS, as mentioned previous if there drying out by the end of today feed again exactly as you did do before.

I shall find you a light kit later on today, I’m sure your budget will be fine for a full kit :)

Missy
03-09-18, 05:37 PM
Looking forward to this taking off, it's gonna be a big change for me having only ever grown indica dominant and autos.

It struck me earlier too, how am I gonna manage to tie branches down in these fabric pots lol? Any tips anyone?

Trex
03-09-18, 06:07 PM
LOOKING GREAT mrs . Ive been using HPS dual spec for a whole yesr from start to finish and the plants love it much better i find the standalone hps or MH . Add an led.in there during flower and veg and youll be laughin .

I just find with LED alone . The need for calcium is greater in hydroponics(incl coco) or its uptake is inhibitied thus requireing a larger dosage im still on the fence whats causing it to be honest

Blue
03-09-18, 09:51 PM
I’ve taken a look around for a ballast kit. There’s a few out there ranging from £80-90. So there at the top end of your budget. I did come across this one which I think is the one you posted previously and it’s £10 under the budget. Item number 153132721735

I can’t vouch for the brand or quality but it should be ok. If your happy with this you need to select the duel spectrum bulb on the option tab.

Theres plenty of other options like cooltubes and others etc but I don’t know what your wanting

Missy
03-09-18, 10:12 PM
I’ve taken a look around for a ballast kit. There’s a few out there ranging from £80-90. So there at the top end of your budget. I did come across this one which I think is the one you posted previously and it’s £10 under the budget. Item number 153132721735

I can’t vouch for the brand or quality but it should be ok. If your happy with this you need to select the duel spectrum bulb on the option tab.

Theres plenty of other options like cooltubes and others etc but I don’t know what your wantingIs there a brand you'd trust yourself in my budget? I'd go to £100 if needs be.
Also I need to order a timer, which would you recommend a Black orchid or Lumi or other for £15 or less?

I'm hoping heat won't be an issue as I can pull air in from directly outside, or switch back to my LED temporarily if there's any freak warm weather. Won't be ordering till the 16th. So whatever will perform best really Blue. Thanks, always appreciated :)

Missy
04-09-18, 11:43 AM
The light on this mornings pics are not as good as I was up with the larks this morning for fishing. I was spot on 1st time with the feed at 0.9 and again with the EC so took me all of 5 minutes do. Happy days :)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180904/cc97af7aa46b9ed333979263f1612e24.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180904/d8b3f5d69acac4042eca4921492bde72.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180904/253167f661700fe0892872df6a0a41d8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180904/659584a42316fd57bb490ef293a452a9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180904/b31b3038ddc261c45c9ec893ab0da131.jpg

Blue
04-09-18, 03:20 PM
Still no roots? We shouldn’t be far off now.. I imagine there’s at least one or two poking out of the drain holes?

Loving life, Nice and green happy days :)

Blue
04-09-18, 07:22 PM
Forgot to add, I reccomend a plug and grow timer. Had mine years and it hasnt missed a beat

Easy-T
04-09-18, 07:56 PM
The light on this mornings pics are not as good as I was up with the larks this morning for fishing. I was spot on 1st time with the feed at 0.9 and again with the EC so took me all of 5 minutes do. Happy days :)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180904/cc97af7aa46b9ed333979263f1612e24.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180904/d8b3f5d69acac4042eca4921492bde72.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180904/253167f661700fe0892872df6a0a41d8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180904/659584a42316fd57bb490ef293a452a9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180904/b31b3038ddc261c45c9ec893ab0da131.jpg

looking really healthy mrs keep it up

Subterranean Man
04-09-18, 09:19 PM

You’ll be knocking 10L buckets up in 3 mins b4 you know it 👍🏼

Looking healthy 👍🏼

Missy
05-09-18, 10:08 AM
Morning campers, looking lovely this morning. Not ONE single root showing in any of the drain holes under the pots so thought that can't be right so popped one out.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180905/cced8ba0051c51c6a8db7c8a9476d647.jpg

I'll be potting up today. Sneaky little buggers they are for hiding their roots from me and demanding 0.9 EC at this stage.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180905/7725bb8b62530e36921acdfa49802c7a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180905/00fca708c1f0e8cc49bb0e754c5020e7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180905/ef5ee5a5395ad61c1cea80d6ad08949c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180905/2a6569d392bde9740e3d6c3566d5c332.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180905/46084f8ed9d9ef81e12972edc0f24e48.jpg

Blue
05-09-18, 10:17 AM
Morning MRS

Very sneaky indeed, I knew something wasn’t right there.

Ok prep your larger pots, fill to the top with coco and leave a hole in the centre for the plant. Gently place them into there new homes and water around the outer edge of the pot only. No run off needed.

Your water/feed needs to be exactly the same same previous. Ec 0.9 ph 5.8

Missy
05-09-18, 11:39 AM
Morning MRS

Very sneaky indeed, I knew something wasn’t right there.

Ok prep your larger pots, fill to the top with coco and leave a hole in the centre for the plant. Gently place them into there new homes and water around the outer edge of the pot only. No run off needed.

Your water/feed needs to be exactly the same same previous. Ec 0.9 ph 5.8Thanks, How many pot ups before their final pots are we doing? So I can decide on the next pot size to go for. Will take pics of the pots I have now :)

Missy
05-09-18, 11:57 AM
The one at the front is the size they're in now. All the others I have 4 of each, which should I go for?

I've never done the watering around the edges before as I was always scared of drying/stressing my plants out. Will have a crack at it this time though :)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180905/f14dd7bd6bf38a22622492d860ac379e.jpg

Blue
05-09-18, 04:11 PM
I suggested the watering around the edges as I thought you were going straight into the final pots now.

Go for the green ones. Not sure what size they are but they look around 3L?

Then in a weeks time repot into the final airpots

Missy
05-09-18, 04:44 PM
I suggested the watering around the edges as I thought you were going straight into the final pots now.

Go for the green ones. Not sure what size they are but they look around 3L?

Then in a weeks time repot into the final airpotsThe green ones are not that much bigger than the ones they're in now, wouldn't I be better off going for something that's around halfway in between what they're in now and the air pots they will finish in? To compare the sizes the lone pot in the front is the size they're currently in :)

Missy
05-09-18, 04:50 PM
There u go, better example, smallest is what they're already in, finishing pot at the back. Just the one pot on before the air pot or? And which pot? Thanks Blue :)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180905/6584b1846bb6b559b472be052c1051c6.jpg

Missy
05-09-18, 04:51 PM
P.S I've got some 8L pots too, not pictured.

Blue
05-09-18, 07:41 PM
Sorry for taking a while to get back MRS, hectic day here.

If your still waiting to pot up go with the following

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180905/2edb9ce26318a449a2e9315743900ec4.jpg

Going half size isn’t necessarily the best method when using basic pots. The root growth in standard pots circle the outa of the pot leaving you with lots of unused coco/space in the centre. By increasing the pot size gradually your building a bigger, stronger root mass for more fruits by always filling your pots with roots from the centre out if you follow.

Missy
05-09-18, 08:03 PM
Sorry for taking a while to get back MRS, hectic day here.

If your still waiting to pot up go with the following

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180905/2edb9ce26318a449a2e9315743900ec4.jpg

Going half size isn’t necessarily the best method when using basic pots. The root growth in standard pots circle the outa of the pot leaving you with lots of unused coco/space in the centre. By increasing the pot size gradually your building a bigger, stronger root mass for more fruits by always filling your pots with roots from the centre out if you follow.Great, fab thank you Blue, that's what I'll do then :)

Missy
06-09-18, 01:42 PM
Afternoon, long story but couldn't pot up last night so did it just now.

All had nice root systems even the younger one (Purple Bud). 2ml of root stim per L, A+B to 0.9 EC, Ph down to 5.8 and watered around the edges of the pots.

Will be ordering the HPS next week. Lets see what these babies can do!!! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180906/528c88d794a5344ddbcecac87fcba6b5.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180906/65a10105ec7447f271c63ff90d5f3547.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180906/1f3d242cba1f0447cdbd06e6bd024035.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180906/d1ce7cb1cf96196a2be0c40e8235d1cf.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180906/1051fa7fba9dde9e15a4e84f670949b7.jpg

Blue
06-09-18, 05:16 PM
Hello MRS, nice job.... Your going to need to run a wet to slightly dry cycle again just while they settle in. There probably going to droop for a day or two as they have done above, but not to worry they’ll soon pick up. :)

Missy
06-09-18, 08:59 PM
Hello MRS, nice job.... Your going to need to run a wet to slightly dry cycle again just while they settle in. There probably going to droop for a day or two as they have done above, but not to worry they’ll soon pick up. :)The droop is my fault, I couldn't pot up or water last night, family drama lol. I did dither as to wether I should water the whole pot or just the edges because they were pretty dry but figured what the hell, they'll soon find the wet coco and shoot out roots. Will keep a close eye on them.

Ordered a Lumii timer being delivered tomorrow cos going fishing again from Sat morning to Sunday tea time. Will water Sat morning before we go just to be safe even if they don't need it.

I thought of a cheap way to set up the 15L air pots. Gonna put x4 washing up bowls in the tent and put a small fridge shelf on each one with the pots on top. Snip out a small area on each shelf thats big enough to get a wet/dry vacume nozzle into lol. What u recon?

Missy
06-09-18, 09:03 PM
P.s don't worry, am teaching hubby how to feed so if I ever get called away again he'll be able to make up a feed :)

Easy-T
06-09-18, 09:07 PM
The droop is my fault, I couldn't pot up or water last night, family drama lol. I did dither as to wether I should water the whole pot or just the edges because they were pretty dry but figured what the hell, they'll soon find the wet coco and shoot out roots. Will keep a close eye on them.

Ordered a Lumii timer being delivered tomorrow cos going fishing again from Sat morning to Sunday tea time. Will water Sat morning before we go just to be safe even if they don't need it.

I thought of a cheap way to set up the 15L air pots. Gonna put x4 washing up bowls in the tent and put a small fridge shelf on each one with the pots on top. Snip out a small area on each shelf thats big enough to get a wet/dry vacume nozzle into lol. What u recon?

hi mrs dont buy your bowls just yet i use 9lt air pots only just fit nice when im watering,15 might be a bit big will overhang
why not use long drip trays sure saw a thread b&m had them for 5er each

Missy
06-09-18, 09:37 PM
hi mrs dont buy your bowls just yet i use 9lt air pots only just fit nice when im watering,15 might be a bit big will overhang
why not use long drip trays sure saw a thread b&m had them for 5er eachYeah? Aw bugger lol. It's just a pain in the arse to build the frame with wire to go over them, was hoping to avoid it. Thanks for the heads up though 👍

Easy-T
06-09-18, 09:42 PM
just put lenghts of timber inside the trays ,sit them on top only has to be an inch or so

Missy
06-09-18, 10:12 PM
just put lenghts of timber inside the trays ,sit them on top only has to be an inch or soEasy for me to do as have a bundle of 1x3/4 inch baton in the shed. Nice one easy, much appreciated :)

Subterranean Man
06-09-18, 10:39 PM
just put lenghts of timber inside the trays ,sit them on top only has to be an inch or so

Or get a length of trunking (conduit) n chop it up and get grow bag trays 👌🏻https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180906/f735a3abf0c6d4a2c548fd764ab7757a.jpg that trunking is 50x25 (mmt4) fan blows right through✌🏼

Missy
06-09-18, 10:50 PM
Will go with the baton cos already have tons of it. And sorry it's 1.5" by 3/4.

Missy
07-09-18, 01:48 PM
Few rushed lights on pics from this morning. Little to report. Looking more perky today, colour is good, all as it should be :) https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180907/96f914148260a1cbda7a4620f812fc10.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180907/0c20a7c5e5cde576f40a373805c30654.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180907/86eb3d91218b61166e7aa9b64bd85395.jpg

Blue
07-09-18, 04:53 PM
Either of the above ideas for run off will work. I like the washing up bowl idea of yours. Shame the pots are too large :(

The plants are looking good MRS and growing at a much better rate.

Have a good weekend and enjoy your fishing trip :)

Missy
07-09-18, 06:38 PM
Yeh shame about the washing up bowls. I worry about the parts of the pots that would be sitting on the wood and sitting on a wet baton but then can always turn the pots once a day before watering when they're big.

Will catch u a biggun :)

Blue
07-09-18, 07:12 PM
You may still get away with the fridge shelf’s just use larger drain trays, like the ones Sm has posted above.

Look forward to a catch picture :)

Missy
07-09-18, 09:35 PM
Think I may have found a winner here from Halfords? Depends how strong they are. Might pop in and have a look next week n see.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180907/4d7d55a558c8c135c09f145333fbebac.jpg

Missy
09-09-18, 11:41 AM
Morning, I'm thinking a tad hungry maybe? Bit of droopiness going on too, maybe due to only watering the edges of the pots?
Up the feed to 0.1 or just give a good soak at 0.9?
2 of the pots are dryer than the other 2. I been switching them around in the tent as it may be the clip on fans doing it.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180909/c6932f5cfbd3999c467529f2f8ee9e9b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180909/99dd71ad5266c2f04042712c62201a16.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180909/64bf00d5378b7ebe710603042bfd1ed2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180909/d7b9a71cd2b50000abbabf3e07f01037.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180909/ec8f224e145911d471c77a56bd5f8f96.jpg

Missy
09-09-18, 01:15 PM
*up to 1.0 I meant lol.

Blue
09-09-18, 01:31 PM
Yes up it to 1.0 and saturate the entire pots. Water to plenty of run off. They look like they’ve got a tad too dry over the weekend

Missy
09-09-18, 04:21 PM
Glad u said that because that's what I did lol. Not plenty of run off though, just so they started dripping (so close enough :) )

Missy
10-09-18, 01:05 PM
Just a quickie....https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180910/29f4ea8926b846ea927ab66a51de61d6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180910/b1921427f95d22311c1da8686560ce30.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180910/7505df17b3461b32571a0f0f47e3d333.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180910/f4363f6e11c21d3f36399dcf8959717d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180910/8c363489bc79ac35f3b91e18dbb59623.jpg

Subterranean Man
10-09-18, 03:12 PM
Just a quickie....https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180910/29f4ea8926b846ea927ab66a51de61d6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180910/b1921427f95d22311c1da8686560ce30.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180910/7505df17b3461b32571a0f0f47e3d333.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180910/f4363f6e11c21d3f36399dcf8959717d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180910/8c363489bc79ac35f3b91e18dbb59623.jpg

Picture of health there Mrs ✌🏼

Blue
10-09-18, 04:40 PM
Grand job Mrs, taking to the coco like a pro :)

Give them a day and water again with the same Ec and Ph. Continue to check for roots as before. Hopefully you’ll have these in there final homes by next week :)

Missy
10-09-18, 04:58 PM
Grand job Mrs, taking to the coco like a pro :)

Give them a day and water again with the same Ec and Ph. Continue to check for roots as before. Hopefully you’ll have these in there final homes by next week :)Thank you lol. That quickly eh? That would be cool indeed :)

Blue
10-09-18, 05:08 PM
Thank you lol. That quickly eh? That would be cool indeed :)

You judged the last feed yourself so I’d say so. Or was that a lucky guess :laugh:

Missy
11-09-18, 11:40 AM
No guessing, plants turn lime, ew knows it's time lol.

And guess what? We have rootage already!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180911/ea0e004afaa2dcaa36e5bf0626c85855.jpg

Also looking pale right? They started to darken yesterday but seem to have gone backwards again today. Pot up tonight and up to 1.1 do u think?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180911/f7ec6b64b1878b0a0f8156a5da8ac225.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180911/ca133d916a7d490ef09802b5dbcd84bc.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180911/e36b0155e94cb4be261c415717af742b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180911/ce168843729ec9bb6dae7526a3cb7884.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180911/b13e21f26a3cacf4d96c6accca455dd3.jpg

Missy
11-09-18, 11:45 AM
The pics on the floor were also taken today but the light was crap so picked them up.

Blue
11-09-18, 03:29 PM
They could probably go a few more days in those pots but if it’s easier for you to pot today you can do.... Yes up the feed again another point as they look like they need it.

Im liking this, Il sit back and let you crack on. Easy mentoring this :laugh:

Missy
11-09-18, 04:11 PM
Well actually I'm not heading to town until Thursday and need to be able to keep the pots raised so will wait till then. Plus they'll have better roots by then too. They don't really need water today so will do that in the morning at 1.1.

Ha I'm enjoying the simplicity of veg until the real work starts after the flip then I'll be on your case Mr lol.

Ordering the HPS on Thursday too so should be installed Monday at the latest :)

Trex
11-09-18, 04:17 PM
Im a tad behind on the gist of things . Lookin good MRS ��

Are you at 1.1 now ? Including base e.c ? I forget your base e.c lol

Blue
11-09-18, 04:33 PM
Flowering in coco is just as easy. It’s the plant training that involves the most work but again it’s pretty straight forward.

I look forward to seeing this new light in action. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised ;)

Missy
11-09-18, 08:00 PM
I'm o.k with training, saying that could probably do with polishing my skills a bit. I can single top just fine, get a nice even canopy. Just seeing Subterranean man talking about run off testing etc, seems more complicated lol.

Blue
11-09-18, 08:08 PM
Glad to hear it, that should make the process a little easier. Topped once tied where possible and supercropped is the plan when we get there.

Sm’s run off readings have been a nightmare tbh don’t expect to see the exact same as it’s not usally as complicated. He’s had abit of bad luck with his fast and vast that needed putting right. Hopefully it’s plain sailing for yourself and we rarely have to go through that

Missy
11-09-18, 10:10 PM
Have never supercropped before lol. All I normally do it top and tie down to open up the center to light and get the tops even. Could do with more guidance but we'll worry about that when we get there.

So why is it necessary to test run off? Is it to do with salts build up or something?

Blue
11-09-18, 10:33 PM
Supercropping before flower works really well. I shall show you when the time comes.

Run off is tested to see what’s going on at the roots although it doesn’t always give a 100% true indication. I read the plants health first, colour etc and only ever check run off if I see an issue arising to help me diagnose the problem easier.

Here’s an example of run off testing:

Your plants look hungry but aren't taking up nutrients. Your feed going in is Ec 1.0 Ph 5.8. So you water/feed to run off and test the Ec and PH of the run off water. This will tell you what’s happening in those pots. The readings show the run off water coming out has an Ec of 1.6 and a ph of 4.0. You’ve now found there’s more feed at the roots than your putting in via water ie a salt build up, which in turn has thrown the rootzone ph out as salts tend to do this.

You now know the plants look sad and hungry because the ph is out and there not uptaking any of the nutrients your putting in.

Flush and resume as you were :)

Missy
12-09-18, 10:53 PM
Ah I see. Cool beans. Lots more roots when I popped my head in this morning. Will pot up tomorrow and get pics for u then. All looks fine today. Best buy another bucket tomorrow too eh :)

Missy
13-09-18, 05:09 PM
Right got me drip trays, got me wet/dry vac being delivered tomorrow, got me extra bucket. Only got 5L standing water atm so will water at 7pm lights on and pot em up tomorrow :)

Blue
13-09-18, 05:11 PM
Sounds like a plan. As before Ec 1.0 Ph 5.8 ;)

Missy
13-09-18, 06:32 PM
Sounds like a plan. As before Ec 1.0 Ph 5.8 ;)1.1 remember lol. You take a break Blue, I got this 🤣