PDA

View Full Version : Shed Grow

JOHNBOY234
04-12-09, 08:20 PM
Growing outside in a shed, are you liable to get caught by helicopter police or is this highly unlikey

Grow using 4 200 watt Evioro CFLS and 4 fluorescent 5 foot tubes.

Also got 2 no. 5 foot tubalr heaters to keep temp IRO 20 degrees also got oil filled rad on stat.

The roof has been insulated with firbre glass and then backed up with insulating heat relective material from B and Q

Shed under big tree and no light escaping.

What do you guys think , havnt seen any posts about growing in shed outside?

Cheers and all the best

seanMcPot
04-12-09, 08:44 PM
my mate grew in a 1mx1mx2m tent in his shed for about 4 years,he's never had any problems(apart from cold temps in winter,fixed that with an oil burner heater)he use a 400 hps and had his lights on during the day time as well

popeyejohnson
04-12-09, 08:59 PM
you shouldnt have any heat signiture problems with cfls mate the heat they give off is negligable so the chopper will struggle to see it at the best of times let alone in a shed with tree cover and that so my oppinion is youll be sound so get crackin duck, good luck. popeye ;]

JOHNBOY234
04-12-09, 09:04 PM
Nice one Sean ,

the cold can lead to a problem , soon fixed with a couple of tubalar heaters and an oil filled rad.

I ask as Im thinking of expanding my grow area so I have a veg/flower and nursery area , dont want to do all this if I am standing out like a sore thumb to the heli police

JOHNBOY234
04-12-09, 09:06 PM
you shouldnt have any heat signiture problems with cfls mate the heat they give off is negligable so the chopper will struggle to see it at the best of times let alone in a shed with tree cover and that so my oppinion is youll be sound so get crackin duck, good luck. popeye ;]

Popey

What about the heat from heaters?

popeyejohnson
05-12-09, 12:58 AM
dint think of that! ill ponder it do a bit of googlating and brb

Mr_Bimble
05-12-09, 01:50 PM
if the roof has frost on in the mornings then you should be OK,.