PDA

View Full Version : NEED lots of info PLEASE PPL....

miracle-herb
09-11-18, 09:43 PM
hello guys/gals thanks for stopping by..

so i bought myself a wilma v2 11ltr 8pot system ive also bought Gold Label Hydro Clay Balls AND now im stuck

i need info on these.. questions please

1. whats the best nutrients for what i have (i heard vitalink max) i used to use canna but i dont think much of it also need to know nutrients during veg and flower, i used to use Rhizotonic for roots and Cannazym and canna's boost for flower along with pk13/14, and what would be the water to nutrient ratio in 70 ltr tank

2. what is the best timings for the nutrient feeding (i heard 15min's every 3hrs) is this right if so do u keep that during sleep times to?

3. what is the best ph range i live in a very hard water area so thinking about using distilled water (going to be hard as ive ony got a 4ltr distiller lol)

4. ive heard a lot about EC what is that and how do i do it

5. do you need c02 ive seen these bags on ebay ? what do you think also seen c02 tabs for the tank ?

6. whats the best temp and humidity ?

well i think thats it lol thanks in advance

AND
09-11-18, 09:55 PM
4. EC : Electrical conductivity of your water (Background EC) & dissolved nutrients added to that water...i.e. Bg EC 0.4, nutes added to make 0.6 etc it is measured using a meter...Bluelabs, Essentials...

About only one I can help with from that list, no experience of Wilma

miracle-herb
09-11-18, 10:04 PM
4. EC : Electrical conductivity of your water (Background EC) & dissolved nutrients added to that water...i.e. Bg EC 0.4, nutes added to make 0.6 etc it is measured using a meter...Bluelabs, Essentials...

About only one I can help with from that list, no experience of Wilma

thanks so is there a guide to go by like a step by step from baby cuttings to full flower ?

AND
09-11-18, 10:15 PM
thanks so is there a guide to go by like a step by step from baby cuttings to full flower ?

Yeah, its called read the plant, start low and increase by .2 gradually, plant will tell you if its not happy ;)

Plenty of members here who use Wilma too so you should have some more answers soon

miracle-herb
09-11-18, 10:19 PM
jees thats going to be hard for me im not used to all this lol i guess with time i will learn thanks mate

WF420
09-11-18, 10:39 PM
jees thats going to be hard for me im not used to all this lol i guess with time i will learn thanks mateYoull be fine mate, plenty of people on here who will help you through!

Plus you just watch for the plant going pale then up the EC, its easier than it sounds!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

miracle-herb
09-11-18, 10:46 PM
Youll be fine mate, plenty of people on here who will help you through!

Plus you just watch for the plant going pale then up the EC, its easier than it sounds!

yeah i love this forum everyone is so friendly, just need to know what nutrients and other questions now lol you know like you said with the ec and you up it how does that work i have a 70ltr tank, if the ec reads 0.4 do i add nutrients per ml until 0.6 then check so on and so on ? and im in hard water area would that make any difference to the ec or is that just when i add the nutrients its all kinda spinning in my head lol

AND
09-11-18, 10:52 PM
jees thats going to be hard for me im not used to all this lol i guess with time i will learn thanks mate

As WF above says, plenty here who will help, we were all new to it once ;)

miracle-herb
09-11-18, 11:00 PM
i did used to grow in soil all i used was canna and went buy there chart on there site the plants did ok but on here i see trees and mine was like little skinny anorexic bushes with cocktail sausages as buds, but come back to it because my wife's grandmother has cancer so looked things up and found that cannabis (CBD-THC) is really good for it plus everyday health by what rick simpson says, so thats why im here im going to start making a regular batch for the family

AND
09-11-18, 11:13 PM
Not a good idea to use 'recommended dose' charts, firstly, plants don't always react the same...some strains like more food...some like less hence the reason for a little bit at a time. Plants cope a lot better with underfeeding rather than overfeeding, more food is always an option...less food isnt ;)

And secondly, the charts are a good way for the manufacturer of the nutes, to make you buy more nutes

Stick around, read lots (so much info on every canna subject) get a diary going...anorexia and cocktail sausages will be a thing of the past

miracle-herb
09-11-18, 11:28 PM
Not a good idea to use 'recommended dose' charts, firstly, plants don't always react the same...some strains like more food...some like less hence the reason for a little bit at a time. Plants cope a lot better with underfeeding rather than overfeeding, more food is always an option...less food isnt ;)

And secondly, the charts are a good way for the manufacturer of the nutes, to make you buy more nutes

Stick around, read lots (so much info on every canna subject) get a diary going...anorexia and cocktail sausages will be a thing of the past

thanks for all your help i really appreciate it very much ive been doing a whole heap load of reading my eyes are like piss holes in the snow i just want the know be4 i start get a little advantage, there is so many nutrients out now i just want to know from other people whats the best way to go along with my other questions

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 02:15 AM
Features:
Made of high quality Aluminum shell, can always keep temperature at the appropriate level, effective for plant growth and protection.
Adopted high grade COB led light source, super brightness and high luminous efficiency, perfectly used for gardening, family balcony seedling/breeding, greenhouse planting etc.
Full spectrum led light and 120 degree beam angle, can provide the most efficient light wavelengths to enhance photosynthesis performance and improve plants' healthy growth.
Lower power consumption, energy-saving is more than 80% than general one.
Long lifespan up to 50000hrs, durable to use.

Shell Material: Aluminum
Color: Shown as picture
Light Source: COB
Power: 50W
Voltage: 220V
Lumen Flux: 80-90lm / W
Beam Angle: 120 degree
Color Temperature: 380-840
Lifespan: Up to 50000H
Lamp Size (L x W): Approx. 60 x 40mm / 2.4 x 1.6inch
Package Weight: Approx. 10g

made the light myself from that above and also modded my wilma, tell me what you think guys esp on the light will it do ?

WhIpLaSh
10-11-18, 11:59 AM
hello guys/gals thanks for stopping by..

so i bought myself a wilma v2 11ltr 8pot system ive also bought Gold Label Hydro Clay Balls AND now im stuck

i need info on these.. questions please

1. whats the best nutrients for what i have (i heard vitalink max) i used to use canna but i dont think much of it also need to know nutrients during veg and flower, i used to use Rhizotonic for roots and Cannazym and canna's boost for flower along with pk13/14, and what would be the water to nutrient ratio in 70 ltr tank

2. what is the best timings for the nutrient feeding (i heard 15min's every 3hrs) is this right if so do u keep that during sleep times to?

3. what is the best ph range i live in a very hard water area so thinking about using distilled water (going to be hard as ive ony got a 4ltr distiller lol)

4. ive heard a lot about EC what is that and how do i do it

5. do you need c02 ive seen these bags on ebay ? what do you think also seen c02 tabs for the tank ?

6. whats the best temp and humidity ?

well i think thats it lol thanks in advance

Hiya mate. I'll help where I can. I also use a Wilma with clay pebbles.

1. I use Canna aqua but if you're not keen, I've heard good things about the Ionic range. Keep using Rhizo for your roots. PK is fine for flowering. Canazyme is used to break down dead roots, so I don't have need for it. For dosages, I would start at 25% of the manufacturer's recommendation and build up from there. Read the plant and see how she likes it.

2. 15 mins every hour is good as it gives the roots time to breathe. I used to feed constantly but will move to 15 mins per hour on my next hydro run.

3. 5.8 is the starting ph you want and let it swing up to 6.2 and then bring it back down to 5.8 and repeat.

4. AND has covered that. It's an indication of how much feed you have in your res. EC = electrical conductivity.

5. Co2 bags are a waste unless you're in a completely sealed environment. The Co2 will just get sucked out by your extraction fan. Give it a swerve.

6. Aim for about 25° and 60%+ during veg and about 27° and 40%-45% during flower.

Hope that helps, mate :)

WhIpLaSh
10-11-18, 12:04 PM
Features:
Made of high quality Aluminum shell, can always keep temperature at the appropriate level, effective for plant growth and protection.
Adopted high grade COB led light source, super brightness and high luminous efficiency, perfectly used for gardening, family balcony seedling/breeding, greenhouse planting etc.
Full spectrum led light and 120 degree beam angle, can provide the most efficient light wavelengths to enhance photosynthesis performance and improve plants' healthy growth.
Lower power consumption, energy-saving is more than 80% than general one.
Long lifespan up to 50000hrs, durable to use.

Shell Material: Aluminum
Color: Shown as picture
Light Source: COB
Power: 50W
Voltage: 220V
Lumen Flux: 80-90lm / W
Beam Angle: 120 degree
Color Temperature: 380-840
Lifespan: Up to 50000H
Lamp Size (L x W): Approx. 60 x 40mm / 2.4 x 1.6inch
Package Weight: Approx. 10g

made the light myself from that above and also modded my wilma, tell me what you think guys esp on the light will it do ?Gardro is the LED guru. He'll give you some advice if/when he sees this thread, mate...

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 12:07 PM
Hiya mate. I'll help where I can. I also use a Wilma with clay pebbles.

1. I use Canna aqua but if you're not keen, I've heard good things about the Ionic range. Keep using Rhizo for your roots. PK is fine for flowering. Canazyme is used to break down dead roots, so I don't have need for it. For dosages, I would start at 25% of the manufacturer's recommendation and build up from there. Read the plant and see how she likes it.

2. 15 mins every hour is good as it gives the roots time to breathe. I used to feed constantly but will move to 15 mins per hour on my next hydro run.

3. 5.8 is the starting ph you want and let it swing up to 6.2 and then bring it back down to 5.8 and repeat.

4. AND has covered that. It's an indication of how much feed you have in your res. EC = electrical conductivity.

5. Co2 bags are a waste unless you're in a completely sealed environment. The Co2 will just get sucked out by your extraction fan. Give it a swerve.

6. Aim for about 25° and 60%+ during veg and about 27° and 40%-45% during flower.

Hope that helps, mate :)

wow thank you yes thats a lot of good info, so i was way of with the feeding poor things would have had dry mans land lol what about the co2 tabs for the water tank or will airstones do the job, thank you so much for the info

WhIpLaSh
10-11-18, 12:14 PM
wow thank you yes thats a lot of good info, so i was way of with the feeding poor things would have had dry mans land lol what about the co2 tabs for the water tank or will airstones do the job, thank you so much for the infoI've got a 85L res and I run 4 airstones, one in each corner of the res. I've never seen or used the Co2 tabs so I can't comment.

Do you know it's advisable to thoroughly wash your hydroton before using it? You should also let it soak in 5.8 ph water before using it.

Do you have a way of keeping your res temps at an acceptable level? 18°-20° is ideal. Higher than that and you run the risk of nasty shit like pythereum.

Sorry if some of this is old hat to you, just checking you have your ducks in a row. I made tons of school-boy mistakes and would like you to avoid them. Growing should be fun, not frustrating af ;)

AND
10-11-18, 12:32 PM
Lol, could have answered 5 & 6 too then, wasn't sure with Wilma if there was a difference, cheers Whip ;)

And don't bother with the CO2 tabs either MH, waste of ££'s

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 12:35 PM
I've got a 85L res and I run 4 airstones, one in each corner of the res. I've never seen or used the Co2 tabs so I can't comment.

Do you know it's advisable to thoroughly wash your hydroton before using it? You should also let it soak in 5.8 ph water before using it.

Do you have a way of keeping your res temps at an acceptable level? 18°-20° is ideal. Higher than that and you run the risk of nasty shit like pythereum.

Sorry if some of this is old hat to you, just checking you have your ducks in a row. I made tons of school-boy mistakes and would like you to avoid them. Growing should be fun, not frustrating af ;)

yeah ive already read about washing the pebbles and leaving them to soak for 24 hrs and i always thought just stick them in i though factory did that lol

as for the heat i bought this
there is no thermostat on it though so going to just have to watch it see what temps get to,

to be honest i think old school sometimes is better some people have been doing it for many many years and know the plants inside out

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 01:08 PM
is this the right stuff for clay pebbles

there is so much of different things i get lost if anyone could give me links on ebay as i said im going to do it in clay pebbles so i need it for that lol

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 02:00 PM
is this the right stuff for clay pebbles
there is so much of different things i get lost if anyone could give me links on ebay as i said im going to do it in clay pebbles so i need it for that lol

found this one think its the right one
both of them :barmy:

WhIpLaSh
10-11-18, 02:20 PM
found this one think its the right one

both of them :barmy:That looks like the stuff, mate.

Do yourself a favour too and read through the forum rules i.e. 10 plant maximum and no links outside the forum etc. Don't want you getting into any bother ;)

WhIpLaSh
10-11-18, 02:24 PM
yeah ive already read about washing the pebbles and leaving them to soak for 24 hrs and i always thought just stick them in i though factory did that lol

there is no thermostat on it though so going to just have to watch it see what temps get to,

to be honest i think old school sometimes is better some people have been doing it for many many years and know the plants inside outI was more thinking of ways to keep your res temps down during lights on.

I also spotted a typo. When I said "pythereum" earlier , I meant pythium, doh! ;)

gardro
10-11-18, 02:33 PM
Buddy

Have you covered this exposed mains up?

#brownbreadhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181110/513aa84fc0e1f973305de0b90cf76bad.jpg

Current diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?174034-Gardro-does-Autos-under-a-500w-Invisible-Sun-Led-Kit

AND
10-11-18, 02:42 PM
Wow, didn't spot that, good shout Gardro ;)

Macky
10-11-18, 02:47 PM

to be honest i think old school sometimes is better some people have been doing it for many many years and know the plants inside out

Don’t post links out side the forum please mate :) just have another look at the rules to make sure, you know the score ;)

M_C
10-11-18, 02:50 PM
Please check out our rules (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/faq.php) for information on posting links!

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 02:53 PM
sorry for links i wont do it again

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 02:55 PM
Buddy

Have you covered this exposed mains up?

#brownbreadhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181110/513aa84fc0e1f973305de0b90cf76bad.jpg

Current diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?174034-Gardro-does-Autos-under-a-500w-Invisible-Sun-Led-Kit

not yet i need to buy some silicone there not in yet still got lots of work to do thats not finished yet what do you think to the watts buy what it says there 50w each so there is 200w but i dont know about lights, i used to use HPS.

wow then Invisible Sun 500W are very expensive maybe in the future i can buy something like that but atm i got no chance im on a budget atm,

thank you for your reply

CityDweller
10-11-18, 03:01 PM
Wow, didn't spot that, good shout Gardro ;)HA! Gardro caught a detail that you missed. First time for everything.

gardro
10-11-18, 03:08 PM
not yet i need to buy some silicone there not in yet still got lots of work to do thats not finished yet what do you think to the watts buy what it says there 50w each so there is 200w but i dont know about lights, i used to use HPS.

wow then Invisible Sun 500W are very expensive maybe in the future i can buy something like that but atm i got no chance im on a budget atm,

thank you for your replyFrom your approach I assume you have a 13a or no fuse "protecting" those fittings too.

Just pull the plug until you make this safe

Silicon is not going to cut it The need to go into enclosures. Theres lethal voltage everywhere including your heatsinks potentially

One mistake and your heart stops mate, just stop.

Current diary

gardro
10-11-18, 03:29 PM
Wow, didn't spot that, good shout Gardro ;)To be fair mate it was only as I was toying with these cobs last year and noone expects mains to go directly into a cob. Cheap is the word.

FFS soldered connections too. Asking for it

Current diary

AND
10-11-18, 03:36 PM
HA! Gardro caught a detail that you missed. First time for everything.

Didnt click on the pic, don't really do LED so not my forte, leave it to the Man that is...

To be fair mate it was only as I was toying with these cobs last year and noone expects mains to go directly into a cob. Cheap is the word.

FFS soldered connections too. Asking for it

Lol, at least the earth 'looks' connected...points for that surely :)

gardro
10-11-18, 03:45 PM
Didnt click on the pic, don't really do LED so not my forte, leave it to the Man that is...

Lol, at least the earth 'looks' connected...points for that surely :)Love the floating earth and the B= neutral, Br = live as a reminder

I'm joking here. Let's increase RH to 70 and do a good fine mist foliar at the tops of those plants ⚡⚡

Current diary

AND
10-11-18, 03:49 PM
Love the floating earth and the B= neutral, Br = live as a reminder

I'm joking here. Let's increase RH to 70 and do a good fine mist foliar at the tops of those plants ⚡⚡

Current diary

Good eye, took a bit of thinking about though :rvmp:

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 06:44 PM
hhmmm guess my light wont cut it then lmao and yes its wired to a trip switch and also a 5 amp fuse just in case like i said its not finished i was going to make a perspex enclosure with pc cooling fans, and yes the wires are soldered onto the board i dont know how else to connect the wires and its not a floating earth its connect to the back plate as the led sits on a metal plate, ok so light no good whats my kinda best cheapest option ?

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 06:50 PM
and i have to admit and hold my hands up i did think it was actually dodgy and didnt fully trust my light lol but was a great idea though and 1st try, and yes i wrote that on its because i have actually wired a plug back in the day the wrong way :blush::blush::blush:

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 07:03 PM
what about this ?

1200W Grow Light Specifications :

Maximum LED power: 1200W

LED Quantity: 120PCS exclusive 10W Double Chips LED

Spectrum: 450-460nm(28pcs) / 620-630nm(46pcs) / 660nm(18pcs) / white 7500k(26pcs) / IR730-740nm(1pcs) / UV380nm(1pcs)

Input voltage:AC 85-265V

Working Current:600mA

Working Temperature: -20 to 40℃

Coverage Area 2.5*2ft for Veg, 2*1.5ft for flower

Decibel of the light About 50-60DB

View Angle of LED 90/120 degree Mixed

Lifespan 50000hours

Size: 31 X 21 X 6 CM

Weight:2.4KG

Package List:

1 X 1200W LED Grow Light

1 X LED Grow Light hanging hook Set(Four corners)

1 X Power Cable

1 X User Manual

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 07:16 PM

this is the picture of it

gardro
10-11-18, 07:23 PM

this is the picture of itHow much is it?

Current diary

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 07:33 PM
How much is it?

Current diary

£60 for the 1200w

gardro
10-11-18, 07:35 PM
£60 for the 1200wHave a look at the 60w invisible sun kit.

That 1200w will be more like 120w and the old led chips are half as efficient as the new stuff so the IS will serve you well

Current diary

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 07:38 PM
Have a look at the 60w invisible sun kit.

That 1200w will be more like 120w and the old led chips are half as efficient as the new stuff so the IS will serve you well

Current diary

thank you gardro i will take a look at that thanks again for all your help

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 07:47 PM
i can only find this

Quantum Board LED by Invisible Sun 60w 3500k for seedlings and clones

and thats a wopping £84.95 found the same one on invisible suns site for £74.95

i have to admit they do look good though but that one says only for seedlings and cutting i need for both grow and flower

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 07:57 PM
or there is ISH120 - Powered by Samsung LM561c S6 Top Bin for £109.95
ISH120 KIT inc. Custom frame

The ISH120 is a small dimmable kit which consists of 2 x 120 pcs 60W horticultural pcb's which can be utilised in 4000k as a veg light which is ideal for seedlings and cuttings and then onto larger plants in veg alternatively you could opt for 3500k for a full growth cycle.

Each board features 120 Samsung Lm561c s6 top bin 4000k or 3500k LED's in an array that will cover up to 3ft x 3ft at full power for veg cycle while using 4000k or 2ft x 2ft for flower while using 3500k.

Promotes excellent root production, leaf profiles and overall speed of growth is improved.

Get your plants off to the best possible start.

For seedlings dim all the way down until the plant is established enough to take the increase in light.

KIT FEATURES

2 x ISH 60W Horticultural board

1 x Meanwell dimmable driver

1 x ISH custom frame for mounting (if selected on purchase)

1 x hanging kit (if frame is selected)

Pack of screws, washers and bolts for mounting to frame

All wires, power leads, mains connector and connecting accessories

gardro
10-11-18, 08:37 PM
The 60w can be for seedlings or clones but can also flower a small plant

The "1200w" light above would only be good for a single small plant too

You can always add more kits later on if funds are tight right now

Obviously a 120 or 150w kit will be ideal for flowering a big plant or 2 medium plants

Current diary

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 08:42 PM
The 60w can be for seedlings or clones but can also flower a small plant

The "1200w" light above would only be good for a single small plant too

You can always add more kits later on if funds are tight right now

Obviously a 120 or 150w kit will be ideal for flowering a big plant or 2 medium plants

Current diary

yeah thats what its all about the funds lol ive already spent a fortune and the wife will be killing me soon haha so i was thinking about the second one i posted the ISH120 i was planning on maybe 4 to 6 plants in

would i be better with a 600 hps? or some other lighting?

gardro
10-11-18, 08:48 PM
yeah thats what its all about the funds lol ive already spent a fortune and the wife will be killing me soon haha so i was thinking about the second one i posted the ISH120 i was planning on maybe 4 to 6 plants inI will be honest for 4-6 plants you will need 2 of the ISH120s at least

Does the wife know how much a gram of street weed costs?

I would recommend just doing 2 plants for first grow anyway.

PM the owner on here, he might give you 10% off

Current diary

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 08:51 PM
I will be honest for 4-6 plants you will need 2 of the ISH120s at least

Does the wife know how much a gram of street weed costs?

I would recommend just doing 2 plants for first grow anyway.

PM the owner on here, he might give you 10% off

Current diary

lol im not doing it for that im doing it for cbd for my wifes grandmother she has lung cancer i never thought it would cost so much though lol

gardro
10-11-18, 08:52 PM
lol im not doing it for that im doing it for cbd for my wifes grandmother she has lung cancer i never thought it would cost so much though lolSorry to hear that bud but either way CBD or 1:1 isn't cheap at all

Current diary

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 08:58 PM
Sorry to hear that bud but either way CBD or 1:1 isn't cheap at all

Current diary
thank you mate, yeah your telling me, so what would be best gggrrr its pecking my head lol maybe 2 or 3 plants then for 1st save a bit of money then maybe get more down the line, what do you think to the hps then ?

ive ordered some Cream & Cheese CBD Feminised Seeds - 3 from the link on this site

gardro
10-11-18, 09:01 PM
HPS will be better for you if you can take the running costs

4-6 will be 600w territory. An experienced grower would yield 600g so you can base calculations on that. A newbie might do 3-400g

Current diary

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 09:08 PM
HPS will be better for you if you can take the running costs

4-6 will be 600w territory. An experienced grower would yield 600g so you can base calculations on that. A newbie might do 3-400g

Current diary

maybe buy a 600w hps for now then maybe later down the line get up2 where u are with ya £££££ system lol a baby dont walk 1st he has to crawl

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 09:24 PM
just one more question what would you use to run them led that i made ?

gardro
10-11-18, 09:26 PM
If I really had too I would buy some cheap work site lights and put the cobs inside those. Cheap enclosures.

Current diary

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 09:29 PM
If I really had too I would buy some cheap work site lights and put the cobs inside those. Cheap enclosures.

Current diary

do you mean like them led lights u can now buy with ir censor ? or sim to that ?

gardro
10-11-18, 09:32 PM
do you mean like them led lights u can now buy with ir censor ? or sim to that ?Yeah as long as it's got a chunk of metal to take the heat and glass on the front. Put a good earth on it and you will be sweet

Current diary

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 09:36 PM
Yeah as long as it's got a chunk of metal to take the heat and glass on the front. Put a good earth on it and you will be sweet

Current diary

wicked im going to buy lumi dimmable 600w but also thinking about extra lights while ive got them if you know what i mean and i can pick them outside lights up for next to nowt, cheers bud your a star for all your help and saving my life with what i made haha

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 10:00 PM
another question gardo lol your gonna hate me soon haha ive seen these on shebay there 20w my led's are 50w is the pcb the same workings or do i need to find 50w pcb

gardro
10-11-18, 10:11 PM
another question gardo lol your gonna hate me soon haha ive seen these on shebay there 20w my led's are 50w is the pcb the same workings or do i need to find 50w pcb
367760Your run off mains directly so you just remove everything inside. The casing would need to take heat of 50w though

Current diary

miracle-herb
10-11-18, 10:25 PM
Your run off mains directly so you just remove everything inside. The casing would need to take heat of 50w though

Current diary

thank you brother ive got loads of info from you

miracle-herb
13-11-18, 01:17 PM
ok i got my EC meter today and tested it in the water and it came up with this can anyone help tell me what this means,

thank you 367840

Macky
13-11-18, 03:16 PM
ok i got my EC meter today and tested it in the water and it came up with this can anyone help tell me what this means,

thank you 367840

You’ve got it set to total dissolved salts, when you want it set to electro conductivity mate. Do you know how to change it.

miracle-herb
13-11-18, 03:36 PM
You’ve got it set to total dissolved salts, when you want it set to electro conductivity mate. Do you know how to change it.

no there is a mode button on it but that just changes it to ppm its only a cheap one

miracle-herb
13-11-18, 03:46 PM
this came with it

miracle-herb
13-11-18, 11:29 PM
what is the best cheapest EC meter to buy i ant got a clue about these things

scoobywho
14-11-18, 12:21 PM
what is the best cheapest EC meter to buy i ant got a clue about these thingsYou can convert tds to ec im sure mate theres a conversion table on google.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

miracle-herb
14-11-18, 01:22 PM
You can convert tds to ec im sure mate theres a conversion table on google.

thanks for that mate i will take a look think i am going to invest in one of these later

miracle-herb
14-11-18, 02:41 PM
ok i found these premier blue water test things about my house i remember buying them for the pool out back ive just tested my water coming into the house with them i live in a hard water area and i want my babies to have a good life while there here so what do you guys think of the water into the house ?

by what i see on the stick starting from top to bottom

i do have a water distiller but its only 4 lrts every 3 hours and my res in my wilma is 65ltrs i think so in total i think it was going to take me 18 and half hours to distill that amount lol

miracle-herb
03-12-18, 06:19 PM

ok no scrimping and scraping i went out and bought these today, my water from tap is flickering from 0.4 to 0.6 with no nutes in it.

miracle-herb
03-12-18, 06:34 PM
and here is mother once she is big enough im going to be taking daughters of here let them grow a wee bit then turn them all, im feeding baby with distilled water with 1ml rhizotonic per 1ltr of water, is that right?

miracle-herb
03-12-18, 08:37 PM
right so when i get into it someone said feed them 15mins every hr is that 24/7 or just when lights are on? because im sure i got told somewhere not to feed them in dark periods.

miracle-herb
05-12-18, 05:03 PM
can anyone help ?

WhIpLaSh
05-12-18, 05:15 PM
can anyone help ?You can do either imo. Some don't water/feed during lights off. I've done both and couldn't tell the difference.

M_C
05-12-18, 05:18 PM
You can convert tds to ec im sure mate theres a conversion table on google.

There are several PPM scales. Be sure to know which one your meter uses before you try to convert or it will cause issues :(

WhIpLaSh
05-12-18, 05:27 PM

ok no scrimping and scraping i went out and bought these today, my water from tap is flickering from 0.4 to 0.6 with no nutes in it.Those will see you right, mate. Worth the cash :)

miracle-herb
05-12-18, 05:30 PM
There are several PPM scales. Be sure to know which one your meter uses before you try to convert or it will cause issues :(

yeah i went out and bought the bluelab truncheon set me back ?70 but people say its worth it

thank you whiplash atm im hand feeding the mother until she gets a bit bigger

i just need to do some reading now on EC for when they get bigger kinda scary esp with all the cash put in lol my next buy is going to be a invisable sun set up i need to save a bit of wonga for that but will be worth it by what i have read

miracle-herb
09-01-19, 02:22 PM
hi guys/gals

been working hard figuring out this new wilma in clay balls my leafs are starting to curl at the ends with light yellow tips im sure this is either hi ph or over fed so did res change today as the ph and ec was really high my water is 0.6 on ec meter and brought the ph to 5.8 with added nutes to 0.9 to 1.0 on the ec, have i done the right thing? ive just ordered calmag to add that also by what i have read its good along side ionic, pics below

WhIpLaSh
09-01-19, 02:28 PM
0.3 above background EC is fine for that stage of growth. That shouldn't cause further burnt tips but the damaged leaves won't correct themselves so check the new growth rather.

She's lanky though. What lights did you finally decide to use? How close are they to the plants?

miracle-herb
09-01-19, 02:35 PM
it seems to be taking forever to grow does this one, at the moment for this stage im using a 300w cfl grow bulb untill i can afford a invisible sun led set up the light is about 2 foot of the plant i think

Ginger-bud
09-01-19, 02:38 PM
Good start mate , u feeding 15 mins per hour 24/7 ? That’s what I used to do in my Wilma as clay pebbles don’t hold the water and regular feeding pulls fresh oxygen down through the roots. Plants looking good so far. Always a bit of a battle at the start with feeds until the plant has enough up top and down below to process it all.

Bring the cfl down closer to the top never used one but as close as u can get it test with the back of your hand for heat maybe about 6-8 inches away I reckon if it’s cool enough

WhIpLaSh
09-01-19, 02:39 PM
it seems to be taking forever to grow does this one, at the moment for this stage im using a 300w cfl grow bulb untill i can afford a invisible sun led set up the light is about 2 foot of the plant i thinkDrop the CFL closer to the plant, mate. It's stretching to the light source.

miracle-herb
09-01-19, 02:51 PM
Good start mate , u feeding 15 mins per hour 24/7 ? That’s what I used to do in my Wilma as clay pebbles don’t hold the water and regular feeding pulls fresh oxygen down through the roots. Plants looking good so far. Always a bit of a battle at the start with feeds until the plant has enough up top and down below to process it all.

Bring the cfl down closer to the top never used one but as close as u can get it test with the back of your hand for heat maybe about 6-8 inches away I reckon if it’s cool enough

thank you Ginger-bud, no im feeding 10mins every 3 hrs while lights are on not through dark, thats what was recommended to me lol do you think i should change it? yeah cfl's dont really get that hot you can hold it in your hand while it is on anyway, ok ill move it down so she gets more light :-)

miracle-herb
09-01-19, 03:36 PM
ok dropped light 2 a couple of inches of my baby and set the timer to 10 mins every hour 24/7 now i got my fingers and toes crossed shes gonna be ok lol

WhIpLaSh
09-01-19, 03:38 PM
ok dropped light 2 a couple of inches of my baby and set the timer to 10 mins every hour 24/7 now i got my fingers and toes crossed shes gonna be ok lolReckon she'll thank you in a couple of days, mate :)

miracle-herb
09-01-19, 03:41 PM
Reckon she'll thank you in a couple of days, mate :)

ill take more pics in a week or so show you the progress, i should have calmag by weekend monday latest what do i do with that foiler feed or add it to res

WhIpLaSh
09-01-19, 03:42 PM
ill take more pics in a week or so show you the progress, i should have calmag by weekend monday latest what do i do with that foiler feed or add it to resFoliar feed is best.

miracle-herb
09-01-19, 03:44 PM
Foliar feed is best.

whats the best ratio to mix it at

WhIpLaSh
09-01-19, 03:49 PM
whats the best ratio to mix it atI usually dilute at 1ml or 1.5ml per 1ltr but it may vary depending on the brand/strength of calmag you buy.

miracle-herb
09-01-19, 03:57 PM
I usually dilute at 1ml or 1.5ml per 1ltr but it may vary depending on the brand/strength of calmag you buy.

that is the one i bought i quite like ionic esp with it being a one part grow and bloom, how often do you spray the plants with calmag and is it just through grow stage or can you spray them through part of flower also.

WhIpLaSh
09-01-19, 04:04 PM

that is the one i bought i quite like ionic esp with it being a one part grow and bloom, how often do you spray the plants with calmag and is it just through grow stage or can you spray them through part of flower also.Looks like 0.5ml up to 1ml per litre as per the stuff I can find online. I'd start on 0.5ml and gauge the results.

I spray once a week during veg but not after the 2nd week of true flower because you then run a serious risk of mould.

Remember to spray under the leaves too.

miracle-herb
09-01-19, 04:09 PM
Looks like 0.5ml up to 1ml per litre as per the stuff I can find online. I'd start on 0.5ml and gauge the results.

I spray once a week during veg but not after the 2nd week of true flower because you then run a serious risk of mould.

Remember to spray under the leaves too.

thank you so much for all the info its such a big help.

miracle-herb
11-01-19, 12:31 PM
ok tested water again today and the EC as jumped right up to 1.2 the PH jumped right up to 6.7 ive got PH back down to 5.8. what do i do about the nutes do i add more water to take the EC back down ?

Priapus
11-01-19, 12:36 PM
Youll be fine mate, plenty of people on here who will help you through!

Thats always the way to go. Guides are great for the info, but its all about reading what your plant is telling you. If they are green and healthy looking, then keep doing what you are doing.

miracle-herb
11-01-19, 12:41 PM
Thats always the way to go. Guides are great for the info, but its all about reading what your plant is telling you. If they are green and healthy looking, then keep doing what you are doing.

well to me the new leafs look a little light green ill try get a pic today of the top, all this wilma and EC stuff is all new to me so learning the new way is a lot different to soil in pots, ill be back soon with pic of the top :cool:

miracle-herb
11-01-19, 12:53 PM

there she is, like i said though i got calmag coming sometime over next couple of days

WhIpLaSh
11-01-19, 12:53 PM
ok tested water again today and the EC as jumped right up to 1.2 the PH jumped right up to 6.7 ive got PH back down to 5.8. what do i do about the nutes do i add more water to take the EC back down ?Yep, add more water to drop the EC.

Here's a handy chart to show you what might be going on when PH and EC start moving.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190111/387398cbaf57aa1cb1696f71b1c5b7aa.jpg

WhIpLaSh
11-01-19, 12:57 PM

there she is, like i said though i got calmag coming sometime over next couple of daysThey look like they could do with more nitrogen to me...

Do you change the whole res at all or just keep adding and adjusting?

miracle-herb
11-01-19, 01:02 PM
They look like they could do with more nitrogen to me...

how would i add that, thing im fighting here is the water is very hard water its horrid even got skin problems from bathing in it like dry itchy scalp or where ever i have hair on the body got the typical lime scale around the taps and in the toilet, i have been thinking about going to my mates with some 25ltr drums because he lives in soft water area

WhIpLaSh
11-01-19, 01:06 PM
how would i add that, thing im fighting here is the water is very hard water its horrid even got skin problems from bathing in it like dry itchy scalp or where ever i have hair on the body got the typical lime scale around the taps and in the toilet, i have been thinking about going to my mates with some 25ltr drums because he lives in soft water areaLeaving your water to sit for 24 hours before adding to your res should help. You should be using hard water nutes too. What's your tap water EC?

Do you just keep topping up your res or do you ever empty it and refill?

miracle-herb
11-01-19, 01:12 PM
Leaving your water to sit for 24 hours before adding to your res should help. You should be using hard water nutes too. What's your tap water EC?

Do you just keep topping up your res or do you ever empty it and refill?

yeah i leave it in the 25ltr tubs for 24hrs and i totally empty the wilma and add new water, im using ionic HW grow nutes, the EC of water before i add nutes is 0.6

WhIpLaSh
11-01-19, 01:16 PM
yeah i leave it in the 25ltr tubs for 24hrs and i totally empty the wilma and add new water, im using ionic HW grow nutes, the EC of water before i add nutes is 0.6And what's your EC once you've added the feed? And the PH?

miracle-herb
11-01-19, 01:26 PM
And what's your EC once you've added the feed? And the PH?

i added nutes until EC got to 0.8 and got the PH to 5.8, maybe its because it was dragging the old nutes and what not through the clay pebbles i dunno lol

WhIpLaSh
11-01-19, 01:33 PM
i added nutes until EC got to 0.8 and got the PH to 5.8, maybe its because it was dragging the old nutes and what not through the clay pebbles i dunno lolSet the EC to 0.9 (0.3 true EC) and see how they look after a few days. PH at 5.8 and let it swing to 6.2 before resetting it back to 5.8.

That's what I would do unless I'm missing something ;)

What are your temps and humidity like?

miracle-herb
11-01-19, 01:46 PM
Set the EC to 0.9 (0.3 true EC) and see how they look after a few days. PH at 5.8 and let it swing to 6.2 before resetting it back to 5.8.

That's what I would do unless I'm missing something ;)

What are your temps and humidity like?

temp is 20.C humidity at 47%

ok ill set it all to what you say thanks bro

miracle-herb
14-01-19, 12:12 PM
update on my little baby, still waiting on calmag hopefully be here today, got ph to 5.8 and EC to 0.9

WhIpLaSh
21-01-19, 12:54 AM
update on my little baby, still waiting on calmag hopefully be here today, got ph to 5.8 and EC to 0.9
369178Got some updates? [emoji4]

miracle-herb
21-01-19, 12:23 PM
Got some updates? [emoji4]
i got the calmag
i will get some more pics up a bit later on she seems to have gone mad wild lol

miracle-herb
21-01-19, 01:46 PM

miracle-herb
21-01-19, 01:48 PM

to me she still does not seem very happy EC at 1.0 PH at 5.9 maybe EC to high ? very hard getting used to this EC business

the leafs look and feel kind of thin and look like the new growth look deformed

WhIpLaSh
21-01-19, 02:23 PM

to me she still does not seem very happy EC at 1.0 PH at 5.9 maybe EC to high ? very hard getting used to this EC business

the leafs look and feel kind of thin and look like the new growth look deformedI'd dial the EC right down for a bit. The burnt tips make me think it's overfed.

miracle-herb
21-01-19, 02:31 PM
I'd dial the EC right down for a bit. The burnt tips make me think it's overfed.

ok thanks, they barley have any food do they lol i hardley put any food in the water at all, its very different to soil ill change water again today thanks for your help, ohh and btw im going to order the invisable sun kit at some point today or 2mora im going to go for the ISH265 pro kit that should do for what ive got what is the difference in the 3000k 3500k and the 4000k?

WhIpLaSh
21-01-19, 06:22 PM
ok thanks, they barley have any food do they lol i hardley put any food in the water at all, its very different to soil ill change water again today thanks for your help, ohh and btw im going to order the invisable sun kit at some point today or 2mora im going to go for the ISH265 pro kit that should do for what ive got what is the difference in the 3000k 3500k and the 4000k?Different spectrums are better for different stages of growth. You'll be pretty much fine with 3000K or 3500K from seed/clone to harvest.

miracle-herb
21-01-19, 06:37 PM
Different spectrums are better for different stages of growth. You'll be pretty much fine with 3000K or 3500K from seed/clone to harvest.

ok ive bought it with the 3500k that should also help her :-)

miracle-herb
21-01-19, 08:09 PM
right ive done another res change my water is 0.6 EC by the time i put the changed water in the res that jumped up to 0.8 my PH was at 7.8 so PH'd it to 5.8 did the EC again and it jumped to 1.0 ? as everyone knows you cant get all the water out of wilma but there was only little amount left do i not add food or what, my water here where i am is shitty hard water its nasty to drink and seems my baby dont like it either, what do i do

WhIpLaSh
22-01-19, 12:27 AM
right ive done another res change my water is 0.6 EC by the time i put the changed water in the res that jumped up to 0.8 my PH was at 7.8 so PH'd it to 5.8 did the EC again and it jumped to 1.0 ? as everyone knows you cant get all the water out of wilma but there was only little amount left do i not add food or what, my water here where i am is shitty hard water its nasty to drink and seems my baby dont like it either, what do i doI'm no expert but have you looked into a reverse osmosis water system? Sounds like your tap water quality might not be up to scratch.

miracle-herb
22-01-19, 12:36 PM
I'm no expert but have you looked into a reverse osmosis water system? Sounds like your tap water quality might not be up to scratch.

yeah i have been looking at that, yesterday i made a little filter myself with gravel and activated charcoal takes a bit of time to run the water through but should be a little better for her untill i can sort somthing else out, this is turning out very expensive lol

WhIpLaSh
22-01-19, 12:38 PM
yeah i have been looking at that, yesterday i made a little filter myself with gravel and activated charcoal takes a bit of time to run the water through but should be a little better for her untill i can sort somthing else out, this is turning out very expensive lolIt can add up, no argument there but in the long run you'll save thousands on buying shitty street weed! Silver lining, mate lol

miracle-herb
22-01-19, 01:07 PM
It can add up, no argument there but in the long run you'll save thousands on buying shitty street weed! Silver lining, mate lol

yeah thats very true, im actually doing this to make cbd oil for my wifes nan she has cancer just hope it helps when its eventually done, i bought this of ebay for 25 quid that should do it

its a 5 stage reverse osmosis should be also good for us for drinking

if i use one of these will i need to change the feed from ionic HW to normal ionic?

WhIpLaSh
22-01-19, 01:49 PM
yeah thats very true, im actually doing this to make cbd oil for my wifes nan she has cancer just hope it helps when its eventually done, i bought this of ebay for 25 quid that should do it

its a 5 stage reverse osmosis should be also good for us for drinking

if i use one of these will i need to change the feed from ionic HW to normal ionic?Sorry to hear about your wife's nan's poor health. Cancer is such a scourge :(

That RO system should hopefully do the job. I'm not 100% sure about the impact on your nutes. It's probably prudent to first get the system in place, see what the EC and PH of your tap water is then before you go replacing nutrients. That's what I would do ;)

Easy-T
22-01-19, 01:51 PM
yeah i have been looking at that, yesterday i made a little filter myself with gravel and activated charcoal takes a bit of time to run the water through but should be a little better for her untill i can sort somthing else out, this is turning out very expensive lolFirst grow usually pays for it all just having that cash upfront

From the groom

miracle-herb
22-01-19, 03:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your wife's nan's poor health. Cancer is such a scourge :(

That RO system should hopefully do the job. I'm not 100% sure about the impact on your nutes. It's probably prudent to first get the system in place, see what the EC and PH of your tap water is then before you go replacing nutrients. That's what I would do ;)

thank you bro yeah cancer is the plague on this earth, yeah i hope it works the only other thing i can do is fill my 4 water containers up and a friends house where i know its soft water area it just means traveling to get it all the time so my fingers are crossed this way works

miracle-herb
22-01-19, 03:08 PM
First grow usually pays for it all just having that cash upfront

From the groom

well im hoping to make lots of oil from it all lol

Silkadin
22-01-19, 03:13 PM
Have you considered using a water butt and collecting rainwater? Suppose it depends if you're in a house or apartment and what the weather's like where u are ;)

miracle-herb
22-01-19, 03:19 PM
Have you considered using a water butt and collecting rainwater? Suppose it depends if you're in a house or apartment and what the weather's like where u are ;)

yeah i have thought about that and i have a 210ltr waterbutt so maybe that will be my next option then :-) i have some guttering im eventually going to put on my shed

WhIpLaSh
22-01-19, 03:20 PM
thank you bro yeah cancer is the plague on this earth, yeah i hope it works the only other thing i can do is fill my 4 water containers up and a friends house where i know its soft water area it just means traveling to get it all the time so my fingers are crossed this way worksI hope it works, mate. Collecting water from a friend doesn't sound sustainable lol. Fuck that for a laugh!

Silk makes a good point about rain water. Plenty of the bloody stuff in the UK :)

miracle-herb
22-01-19, 03:25 PM
I hope it works, mate. Collecting water from a friend doesn't sound sustainable lol. Fuck that for a laugh!

Silk makes a good point about rain water. Plenty of the bloody stuff in the UK :)

yeah your telling me its like 98% rain here haha so yeah it would be a toll going to my mates all the time so yeah if this doess not work it will be time to clean out the waterbutt and get the guttering on the shed

Silkadin
22-01-19, 03:55 PM
yeah i have thought about that and i have a 210ltr waterbutt so maybe that will be my next option then :-) i have some guttering im eventually going to put on my shed

Mines only 100L but never empty... damn weather lol. Ec from it is under 0.1 tho and it's right next to my cabin door which is handy. If I had room inside I'd have wall mounted the butt (sounds a bit dodgy) and run it to a tap and sink in the cabin.

miracle-herb
23-01-19, 04:09 PM
Mines only 100L but never empty... damn weather lol. Ec from it is under 0.1 tho and it's right next to my cabin door which is handy. If I had room inside I'd have wall mounted the butt (sounds a bit dodgy) and run it to a tap and sink in the cabin.

lmao @ the wall mounted butt, yes that sounds very very dodgy haha but yes a good idea i would run it through a carbon filter though if you are drinking it, i got told about a filter system called berkey look it up they are expensive but seems like there the best in this market of water filters and last up2 10 to 15 years depending on how much you use it