PDA

View Full Version : Hi. Second time posting - feet on the ground now (well erm sorta) read on :)

MonkeyLuvver
26-11-07, 11:00 PM
Hi everyone - 2nd post after me being a bit baked the first time after joining :bigjoint: and using my 1st post in the competition thread which I apologise for as I think that is a bit cheeky.

I'm a nice chap, honestly :mr: lol. Here is the post and a little about what I'm doing. The information it doesn't include is that I'm doing 10x Cheese, 3x Jack Surprise (Candy99xGrapefruitxJack Herer) and 1x Jacks Cleaner 2(JC2). I'll leave a quote underneath this paragraph to explain about the JC2 as the only information I have is a bookmark from another forum.

Jacks Cleaner II
JC f1 X JC X SQ(jtr)

If you follow my work at all you know JC is my favorite breeding mom. I can use her to test males or increase the potency of any strain. I truly feel it’s the most dominant strain I have ever worked with. She is also the most potent plant I have ever worked with, with no ceiling when it comes to high. We have used back crossing with the f1 to recreate her in seed form. Test grows and severe stress shows the new cross to be stable and extremely potent, a soaring 8-9 week Sativa Haze Also used for breeding work as males are JC dominant.

1.Phenotypes -Moderately stable with light Jack the Ripper traits. Lemony sweet to the smell, almost as lemony as the JC, though there may be a few phenotypes with a lighter, lemon smell, probably from the JTR influences.C2:
2.Height-Medium to heavy stretch/ Colas swell late
3.Yield-Medium / Moderate trim work
4.Indoor/ Outdoor
5.Best way to grow- Topped and placed in bud early due to stretch.
6.Harvest Window_8-10
7.Sativa/ Indica 70/30
8.Hybrid- Pluton X Purple Haze X Lambsbread X NL X Jack Herer X JTR Male
9.High type- Intense, trippy, visual, spacey, pain relief
10.Makes very usual bubble tasting and smelling like lemons

Hey everyone (1st post). Lovely looking plants I must say :) :Nice:.

1st time grower here (week 7 started today). Growing Jack Cleaner 2 (JC2), Jack Surprise (JS) and Cheese all from mothers. Doing pretty well (well I think but I'm a noob) so far. I didn't have a fan until 2 days ago and I've not been to buy the carbon filter either as well as even use my air extractor and cool light I've already purchased, so I think my grow could have been a lot better. Ach well, it's my own fault for being a lazy stoner :oldman:.

I'll get some pictures in later on tonight or 2moro. JC2 is really frosting up but as it's a late developer in bud size (strain trait). She still has a bit to go. Cheese is a little bit better in bud size but not as much THC oozing out in comparison to the JC2. The Jack Surprise however,,,,,,, wow. It's a beauty and I'm well impressed. I ended up using a clone as a mother and put the big JS into the grow room as well as 2 other clones. The big one has the biggest bud out of all so far and even the little clones are pretty beefy.

Well I look forward to seeing some more plants in here as well as popping back later to share my grow (<--- hehe my grow woot can never get used to it :dance2:)

Nice to meet u all ;).

Nice post, welcome Aboard matey .. look forward to seeing yer ladies.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome MT ;) and sorry for not replying sooner. I was just a bit busy with bits and bobs and such and it easily slipped my mind lol.

I'll be getting some pics up tonight. The pics are 2 weeks old but still look pretty nice (well I would think that lol with never seeing a grow before).

Hey monkey welcome to THC.Yeah,ive got a mate whose growing Jack The Ripper,Jacks CleanerXSpace queen,and hes about 21 days into flower and the buds are realy quite small.Being Sativa dom it'll take longer to flower but it'll be well worth it in the end.:joint::joint::smokie:

Thank you for the warm welcome too matey. Appreciated you guys ;). I know it wasn't in this "Introduce myself" thread but I wanted to reply.

I'll try and get a snap of JC2 as she's getting real frosty and the cola's are finally starting to swell :headbang:. Was easily the weakest plant by bud size but it's a changing for the Sative flava!!!:D.

Your predictions are bang on. It does say on the information above it's a late sweller but I've been a lazy bugger and hardly done anything to the plants but feed them Terra Flores by Canna @ 1.5 all round and Sensi Grow up to 1.7. Quite long in veg as I was getting the room set up but there's a lot of varied ages in this crop. Nothing about this crop is professional in the slightest lol but with one of the buds needing my wee bit larger than average hand size to get fully around it then I can't be doing too bad :). Water in 2 litre bottles (only using bottles for this crop) left for 24 hours for my water (no PH testing either). 600watt HPS light and extraction lying flat on the bedroom floor gathering dust oops :(. Also fitted an oscillating fan ONLY about 2 weeks ago so I have a lot of Eilene plants (I lean! get it? flopping to one side :)). I'm on day 67 come midnight tonight, 3 JS are getting flushed and going to get a microscope 2moro to detect Trichome state.

OMFG do I blabber!. Sorry. I've had some early delight (2 joints worth in frosty JC2 bud) drying since last night and the last time I smoked it it awakens me. First Sativa I've smoked and it's weirdly amazing as I'm usually a drowsy sloth.

How is your m8 coming along with his Jacks?. Keep an eye out for my post with some JC2 shots as it's absolutely gorgeous to see from the side capturing the Trichomes as they are covered.

MonkeyLuvver
26-11-07, 11:30 PM
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8636/picture004qd0.jpg

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/1118/picture084hh2.jpg

Picture of the girls taken 12th November. A bit much for my first time but I've managed so far. A very good friend drove a long way transporting the 3 strains so I only needed to clone which = guaranteed females (if treated correctly) tadaa!!.

MonkeyLuvver
27-11-07, 12:34 AM
Sative flava!!!:D.

Nothing about this crop is professional in the slightest lol but with one of the buds needing my wee bit larger than average hand size to get fully around it then I can't be doing too bad :).

Sativa* and I meant to say that I need more than one hand lol - I can't get one hand round the big girls main cola and 2 of the other big cola's on the same plant are not too far off from being the same. I tried to edit my post but I only have 5 minutes to change?.

Bitterfly
27-11-07, 04:24 AM
bloody hell mate nice indoor garden there!!! awesome buds goin on there mate and a nice choice of strains :leaf:

welcome man, :D

are you from holland by any chance, judging by the fact tiesto is on your can of coke

Midnight Toker
27-11-07, 10:35 AM
Nice looking brood you got there M8 ..

You should be well sorted for xmas ...

LAL
27-11-07, 11:16 AM
welcome to the forum mate, some very nice plants u have there.. good growing.....

bubbs
27-11-07, 02:01 PM
well hello there and welcome,:omg: its like a jungle in that room lol, lovin the plants mate tey are fab :p:

Cha-Cha Chong
27-11-07, 03:19 PM
Welcome to the THC :D

Ragman
27-11-07, 05:29 PM
Hi MonkeyLuvver, nice intro and great looking plants, welcome back to THC

slim_tim
27-11-07, 07:16 PM
Welcome to the forum dude.

Absolutey lovin the plants mate :D

lkdj2003
28-11-07, 05:19 PM
High and welcome to THC mate. :toke:

What lovely plant's and pics mate. :cowboy:

:Nice:

MonkeyLuvver
30-11-07, 04:55 AM
bloody hell mate nice indoor garden there!!! awesome buds goin on there mate and a nice choice of strains :leaf:

welcome man, :D

are you from holland by any chance, judging by the fact tiesto is on your can of coke

Hi bitterfly.

Why thank you very much (blush). I'm soooo happy for my first time. Cut 3 of the Jack Surprise last night as they seemed the most ready. Stupid lazy me hasn't been up for the magnifier to inspect the Trichomes yet but it's pistils were easily 80-90% orange. All the JS showed pre flowers under 24hour 125watt enviro?, so would that mean it would be ready quicker if it was ahead of all the other plants in my room?. I got 400 odd gram wet from the 3 Jack Surprise. 60gram for the fat cola next to the can of coke above. 253gram from big JS, and 151gram between the 2 clones from the same plant. I'm going to post about it though so I won't dive too much into it in here ;).

I have been smoking some quick dried buds and they are potent as well as smelling gorgeous. Yes they are very light and crispy but they are good and it's so much of a good feeling to be high of your own supply. I've had the patience and gave them the time and love (and money) that they needed and hitting the JS the last few days in minimal amount and not at it's best state was even worth it. Feelin' chonged in a Sativa based way ;).

Sorry I've went and blabbed on again lol. I need to stop doing this as my posts will get boring to read.

I'm not from Holland Bitterfly. I'm part of the tartan army :D. The can was from a friend who was at that event. I asked him time and time again to sell me it but in no way would he part with it and he had TWO!!!!. I gave him an old PS2 I had for his kid and he then gave me one lol. I seen Tiesto at the Royal Highland Cente Edinburgh this year. It was a great night!.

Nice looking brood you got there M8 ..

You should be well sorted for xmas ...

Aye I should be, Santa's been for me already!!!!.

Thank you very much m8.

welcome to the forum mate, some very nice plants u have there.. good growing.....

Thank you very much LAL and hi. I've been leaving them to their own devices but just checking daily for watering and problems whilst maintaining a little higher heat than most people with it sitting about 83 Fahrenheit the whole time as I got lazy with hooking up the extraction fan and cool light tube. I'm still happy on how it's turned out though :D.

well hello there and welcome,:omg: its like a jungle in that room lol, lovin the plants mate tey are fab :p:

Hello there bubbs and thank you so much for the welcome.

lol it is a bit. Doesn't look anywhere near as much when all put into the grow bit of. I must of sat on my PC and drooled at all the pics I took as my m8's camera with macro totally brought my plants to life after my m8's Nokia N95 made them look quite dull in comparison.

Welcome to the THC :D

Hi and thank you Cha-Cha Chong.

Welcome to the forum dude.

Absolutey lovin the plants mate :D

Hi Slim_tim and thanks for the welcome and the positive vibe about the girls. I think I should have been punished for my laziness throughout the whole time since May but somehow it's all came together and at the best time of the year for actually staying in your home.

High and welcome to THC mate. :toke:

What lovely plant's and pics mate. :cowboy:

:Nice:

Hello lkdj2003 and thank you very much. I never meant to have so many but it just ended up this way as I didn't know what to expect or anything. I felt pretty much in the deep end to begin with but managed to not kill or let any die lol. All healthy except a lack of magnesium twice through the grow (I learned as the problem happened).

What a great forum and nice people :D.

I know I have still a LOT to learn and I think I got lucky this time or the little I did do to them was maybe just enough but I want to see masses of calyxes, fatter buds and to know of best foods or little tricks of getting better results. All I used was Canna Terra Flores and Sensi Grow in soil. I'm sure I could of added things like Big Bud or other things as well as use a fan from day one, to maintain a lower heat, to use the extraction and cool light. Next grow will be much better but less plants. 1st time mistake of being too greedy lol but after waiting since May and buying rubbish damp, crappy THC-less weed as well as the rubbish and crabby hash that goes about, who can blame me lol.

Thank you all for the warm and inviting reception. Make me feel right at home, you lot do. Also I really appreciate the positive vibes about the girls. After sampling my m8's ChronicxSensi star and cheese batch I was blown away and wanted to be able to have some of this myself. Sadly he lives away in the heart of England somewhere and the visits are once a year (sometimes I go down and vice versa). I've tried a lot of places to buy it but I can never get anything decent. You get the odd little bit that's amazing now and again but hardly ever. After (not) a lot of persuasion I agreed to try it out. Took me ages with getting the 1st plant in May then the other 2 in July but I got their. All the clones are only weeks apart though, the three originals are inside though as I've got two mothers of Jack Surprise and Cheese. Just hoping I can salvage the JC2 plant as all 4 clones failed whilst all 3 JS pulled through (hmmm)?. I'm a determined git so I will try again if I can manage a re-veg. I love learning once you start to (or think you do) understand the basics (watering, nutes, temps, ventilation, environment) as it's easier to take the rest in. If I re-veg and clone then I will be triumphant and the sweet lemony girl can live on with the other two (fingers crossed).

Erm, I'll shut up now and let my hands rest :o. I've been on this page for over 5 hours but I've had m8's up playing some football on the PC whilst smoking some of the Jack Surprise's smaller buds that have dried out quickly. Drying @ 21-24'C @30%-45% humidity - I've got a fog machine in my wardrobe to raise humidity when it drops below 40%. I'm going on from what I've read but is that correct?.

Monkey

Midnight Toker
30-11-07, 11:47 AM
I wouldn't worry about humidity dropping M8, in fact lower the better when in flowering or else the ever present dangers of budrot can raise it's ugly head.

Other than that looks like you got it sorted .. Getting the cooltube/extractor rigged up will also be a big help for temps/humidity ...

lkdj2003
30-11-07, 12:47 PM
Like MT has said, less humidity whilst drying is much much better. :)
Your drying temp is just fine, i tend to dry around 20 to 21c. As for goodies to use mate, you should grab yourself a bottle of Canna PK 13/14 boost (http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/details.asp?productid=832&subcat=233&cat=90) and a bottle of Canna boost excelator (http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/details.asp?productid=837&subcat=233&cat=90) and you will see Big Big differences in yeild. :smokie:

MonkeyLuvver
02-12-07, 07:52 PM
I wouldn't worry about humidity dropping M8, in fact lower the better when in flowering or else the ever present dangers of budrot can raise it's ugly head.

Other than that looks like you got it sorted .. Getting the cooltube/extractor rigged up will also be a big help for temps/humidity ...

Sorry I am very bad at explaining things sometimes as my heads racing ahead faster than I can type and I leave out a lot of valuable information lol :blush:.

What I meant by
"Drying @ 21-24'C @30%-45% humidity - I've got a fog machine in my wardrobe to raise humidity when it drops below 40%. I'm going on from what I've read but is that correct?." was that I'm drying the already harvested Jack Surprise in there (well I was) but it's all in jars now except the bigger cola's which are in sealed bags to hopefully pull out some of the moisture back as they dried rapidly. My temps were 23-24'C. I tried to open more windows in my house to help but it wasn't dropping the temps. I live in a 1 bedroomed flat so it's hard to get space :(. It all dried in about 4 days and though the stocks didn't snap it seemed dry to me so I popped them into jars and bags and just replace the air frequently in case I've taken them too early. I did hang the biggest buds back up while writing this for one more night as the moisture had returned a bit and I stuck on the fog machine also to help. (http://www.maplin.co.uk/free_uk_delivery/Ice_Cube_Fog_Light_44471/Ice_Cube_Fog_Light_44471.htm).

My temps are always high in the growroom (lessens humidity). Always between 24-26'C but mainly at 25'C. This is with a desk fan blowing on medium and the tent door wide open and my bedroom window wide open with two big covers over the windows to hide all the light that's escaping because of the tent door being open. Very dodgy I know but I've not got long to go till the cheese are finished (flush as of last night) and maybe a week or two for the JC2. Even dodgier is that I live in a flat :(. I'm not cloning off any of the mothers till I sort the room out properly this time (extraction, cool tube, carbon filter (only thing I've yet to buy, oops)

Next grow my room should be smelly free and cooler with more Co2 flow and no monster veg times lol as one of the plants are 7 months old (cheese - May) and the big Jack Surprise (tiesto can above) was born in July. I've taken quite a risk with living in a flat and not using a carbon filter and also opening my tent door and windows to cool as I was too lazy to fit it all up whilst the girls were in as money was tight for a few months (always happens when you want to do something). No one smelled anything in the stair and only when coming in to the house and only 1 delivery driver got a whiff but I just said I was having a smoke and apologised politely but he laughed and said he'd happily join me for a smoke if he wasn't working (phew).

Like MT has said, less humidity whilst drying is much much better. :)
Your drying temp is just fine, i tend to dry around 20 to 21c. As for goodies to use mate, you should grab yourself a bottle of Canna PK 13/14 boost (http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/details.asp?productid=832&subcat=233&cat=90) and a bottle of Canna boost excelator (http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/details.asp?productid=837&subcat=233&cat=90) and you will see Big Big differences in yeild. :smokie:

Ahh cool. I seen 30-35% and panicked a little and turned on the ice machine thing and let it raise a little. Do you think the higher drying temps would warrant all my bud being about dry from cutting and hanging on Tuesday night?. The 4 biggest cola's have just been sealed in a bag for a few hours and they have gained a little moisture but not much and I've stuck them back up for one night to dry and left the ice cube vapour thing on for now to hopefully not let them dry too quickly. It's just after seeing some people's longer drying times I'm getting a bit worried.

I'll be picking up a bottle of those too and thank you very much for the information guys. :harvest:

I've got the Cheese on flush now as of last night. JC2 has been given a lower level of nutes and will maybe get a week or two extra. I started week 10 on Friday so I better get that Cheese out quite soon as I've noticed the odd but very minimal amber/red trichome. What is the quickest time I could flush. The highest amount of nutes the Cheese had before last nights flush was from 1.0 - 1.2 Terra Flores by Canna.

I would love to use the growroom for the drying process but it looks like my clothes are put on the bed during the day and then on the couch at night. Wardrobe drying hasn't proven too good for me so far :(. Weights seem about right though. I think about 4 oz dry from 15 oz wet from 3 plants and still got the Cheese and JC2 to come over the next few weeks :guitar:.

lkdj2003
03-12-07, 12:18 PM
Ahh cool. I seen 30-35&#37; and panicked a little and turned on the ice machine thing and let it raise a little. Do you think the higher drying temps would warrant all my bud being about dry from cutting and hanging on Tuesday night?. The 4 biggest cola's have just been sealed in a bag for a few hours and they have gained a little moisture but not much and I've stuck them back up for one night to dry and left the ice cube vapour thing on for now to hopefully not let them dry too quickly. It's just after seeing some people's longer drying times I'm getting a bit worried.

I'll be picking up a bottle of those too and thank you very much for the information guys. :harvest:

I find drying around the temps of 20 to 21c they can take about 4 to 7 days to dry and then i trim off the buds and pop them into brown paper bags (non waxy) to finish drawing the last of the moisture out from the center of the buds.

If you put you buds that are not dry completely into a sealed bag you risk the buds rotting and going moldy.

Also whilst drying your bud, you need fresh air exchange around the buds (not directly on the buds) all the time or again they can mold easy.

The key to drying is to take aslong as you can without the buds going moldy or rotting.

This is why i found brown paper bags are great for that bit inbetween from when the buds are not dry enough to go into jars but they are also to dry to be hanging. You should be looking at having your buds about 80%/90% dry before you jar them up for storage. Not bone dry that the buds crumble.

Good luck with it mate. :leaf:

Mum
07-12-07, 10:22 AM
Lovely looking plants mate, welcome to the forums! :joint: :mr:

sisluckygirl
07-12-07, 04:13 PM
its the first time i have done this its so weird

sisluckygirl
07-12-07, 04:14 PM
hey anyone out there up for some discussion

sisluckygirl
07-12-07, 04:17 PM
:bong:
Hi MonkeyLuvver, nice intro and great looking plants, welcome back to THC

hey anyone out there up for some discussion

I have been smoking for almost four years i am 22 and yes i think its about time i cut it out my life for good i went and saw my g.p yesterday in regards to getting help its going to be so diffrent when iv stoppped its the change in me when im not smoking that scares me the most
any advise out there feel free

lkdj2003
07-12-07, 05:50 PM

I have been smoking for almost four years i am 22 and yes i think its about time i cut it out my life for good i went and saw my g.p yesterday in regards to getting help its going to be so diffrent when iv stoppped its the change in me when im not smoking that scares me the most

Welcome to THC.. :smokie:

Keep toking thats my advice! :leaf:

Bitterfly
07-12-07, 06:36 PM

never say never. i would recommend a good months break from the ganje,

coz if you continue doin everyday and your gettin bad vibes from it could lead to a panic attack of sorts, which i've had!