PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion & M_C grow some autos :)

Pages : [1] 2 3

M_C
17-06-19, 09:43 PM
OK, I've been chatting with scorpion the last few days as he's been having a few issues & was thinking about throwing in the towel....

...well, I'm just not the sort of person who will take that lying down so, out of retirement - again! - for a mentoring program!

We shall be running with a 300w Mars LED (yeah, I know!) & his groom dimensions are not that dissimilar from my own groom... so that's helpful :)

It's a soil grow, Plant Magic soil with Organicus as a nute... and that's it ;) If we have any mag issues then we shall beg/borrow/steal some Epsom. Yup, it's a budget grow - the best sort going :)

The aim is 2 ounce (or an ounce a plant) which should be easily achieved :)

We have a back up of a 300w CFL but, touch wood we won't need it!

scorpion's seeds cracked today & are going in fabric pots - 10L maybe... can't remember :laugh: but I'm sure scorpion will correct me if I'm wrong on anything :)

So, we just await scorpion's arrival :)

scorpion
17-06-19, 10:22 PM
cheers for setting it up m8, and yes they are 10l fabric pots

i can't thank M_C enough for taking me under his wing and teaching me the ways of the Canurai lol

As M_C said i was thinking of sacking it as i tried to grow two seedstockers northern lights autos already and they had the helmet left on and died within days, and i grew a rqs quick one that got to 28 days then died and a barneys farm blue cheese auto that died after 21 days, so as you can tell i've got no experience with growing plants or weeds or anything, it would be nice to get an ounce a plant but i would be happy at half an ounce off each of the two, it's a budget grow as funds are tight and it's taken a year or two to get the funds and equipment and the seeds are seedstockers nl autos, oh and more crap news i'm using an old phone cam for pics so not great quality (i don't want anything on my proper phone cam)

hopefully the taproot will be showing tomoro and we can get this grow going
cheers

Easy-T
17-06-19, 10:29 PM
Have a good grow, I'm sure you'll be sorted once M_C schooled you [emoji106]

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

scorpion
17-06-19, 10:55 PM
Have a good grow, I'm sure you'll be sorted once M_C schooled you [emoji106]

Thanks m8 fingers crossed

riot
18-06-19, 10:42 AM
Best of luck mate!

scorpion
18-06-19, 06:43 PM
Cheers m8 I usually would say I’ll need it but I’m learning from the best lol

scorpion
18-06-19, 09:05 PM
i've planted them now just hope i didn't water the pots too much first but no water came out the bottom so should be good, when i planted them the taproots were more to the side than pointing down but there's no way i was digging them out and risking damaging them

first pic is of the growdrobe just ignore the cfl though and the second is just after planting with the domes on
cheers

scorpion
18-06-19, 09:54 PM
don't mean to sound stupid M_C but is there a specific type of epsom salt i should be looking for or just unscented lol

M_C
18-06-19, 10:00 PM
don't mean to sound stupid M_C but is there a specific type of epsom salt i should be looking for or just unscented lol

Yeah, the unscented stuff... but let's wait & see if we need any yet. Whilst I know the stuff is about a quid a pot it'll last years as you need so little (when you do need it!)

This is the one I've been using for the last 7/8 year.....

https://images-cdn.azureedge.net/azure/lulu-resources/fc211e9f-cffc-4ad2-88fb-99bc9faf96e1/Images/ProductImages/Source/26867-01.jpg

In fact, stuff that, if you need any, I'll drop some in the post to you (make sure you have a safe address... I know Epsom is all above board but always use a safe address!)

scorpion
18-06-19, 10:12 PM
Lol nah it’s right thanks m8 I can manage a quid cheers, i appreciate it though

M_C
18-06-19, 10:14 PM
Hold the money to one side then as if you don't need it then that's an extra quid in your pocket :laugh:

Out of interest, your tap water, is it hard or soft?

scorpion
18-06-19, 10:19 PM
Ok niceone m8, don’t mean to sound thick but how do I find out lmao

M_C
18-06-19, 11:16 PM
Ok niceone m8, don’t mean to sound thick but how do I find out lmao

No problem, how else would you know the answer! I have no issue with questions, as is often said, the only stupid question is the question that is never asked!

I've asked plenty in the past - and I still often do if I am unsure :)

IceCalibur
18-06-19, 11:18 PM
Fantastic M_C!...nice one for coming out of retirement to help him..really glad you're not jacking it all in skunkblast!

Subbed up! :cool:

scorpion
18-06-19, 11:23 PM
Fantastic M_C!...nice one for coming out of retirement to help him..really glad you're not jacking it all in skunkblast!

Subbed up! :cool:

Cheers m8 I appreciate it

scorpion
18-06-19, 11:25 PM
No problem, how else would you know the answer! I have no issue with questions, as is often said, the only stupid question is the question that is never asked!

I've asked plenty in the past - and I still often do if I am unsure :)

Cheers m8 that’s a good saying, from looking on google I would say it’s hard water, looks s**t and tastes s**t lol

scorpion
19-06-19, 12:16 AM
Ignore the last post, after googling and typing in my postcode it’s soft water
Cheers

scorpion
19-06-19, 12:31 PM
Checked earlier and there not showing yet
The temp is 20.8C
And the humidity which I’m happy about is 74%

And meant to say last post the water hardness Clarke is 2.52 whatever that means lol

M_C
19-06-19, 12:35 PM
Checked earlier and there not showing yet
The temp is 20.8C
And the humidity which I’m happy about is 74%

That'll all change when the lights & fan are on :)

scorpion
19-06-19, 02:14 PM
That'll all change when the lights & fan are on :)

Yes I thought M8 but it’s still progress it’s never seen 74 Rh in there lol, this is what I don’t understand m8 I thought the hotter it is the higher the humidity would be, is that wrong and is the water better being soft or hard
Cheers

M_C
19-06-19, 03:12 PM
Humidity is a strange thing mate, I can never figure it out :(

Hard or soft water? somewhere in the middle TBH! Stupidly soft water can promote cal/mag issues but stupidly hard water comes with it's own problems...

As an example I have tap water 5.5 EC which is great... Ironman's tap water is over 8 EC! He's better diluting the water with some bottled water to bring down the EC

scorpion
19-06-19, 05:02 PM
Humidity is a strange thing mate, I can never figure it out :(

Hard or soft water? somewhere in the middle TBH! Stupidly soft water can promote cal/mag issues but stupidly hard water comes with it's own problems...

As an example I have tap water 5.5 EC which is great... Ironman's tap water is over 8 EC! He's better diluting the water with some bottled water to bring down the EC

Ok m8 how would I find my ec out or does it not matter
Cheers

M_C
19-06-19, 05:17 PM
It doesn't overly matter as you'd need an EC meter... how often limescale builds in your kettle is a near enough measurement for soil growers lol

scorpion
19-06-19, 05:25 PM
Ok niceone and very rare it’s there over months and months I reckon
Cheers

scorpion
19-06-19, 05:28 PM
Think I mentioned before M_C but am I going to be ok in the future turning the lights off for watering and pictures as my window block is a mission to put up and down lol
Cheers

M_C
19-06-19, 05:31 PM
Think I mentioned before M_C but am I going to be ok in the future turning the lights off for watering and pictures as my window block is a mission to put up and down lol
Cheers

No problem with that, I often take my plants out for photo shoots & watering &, if It's going to be more than a few minutes, I turn the light off too just to save some pennies :)

scorpion
19-06-19, 06:06 PM
Ok niceone m8

Greengrass
20-06-19, 06:10 AM
Hi skunky and Mc what's the height you start your mars 300 at above the seedlings?
Giving a little advice to ibsey as he's struggling a bit with seedlings dying early, I'm using MH so I've no idea on led setup but I get the idea leds can be a bit harsh if not set right
Cheers

scorpion
20-06-19, 12:44 PM
hi'ya m8 the recommended heights in my mars book are

germination 24-30"
seedling 24"
veg 18-24"
flower 12-18"

at the minute my lights aren't on m8
i have tried to grow a few with this light m8 but because of my height i could only hang it from 23 and half inch and that seemed ok but as i said i messed the plants up lol, and i don't know crap about growing hence the main man mentoring me, but to be honest 2 died coz they had helmets left on the seed but my other 2 did get to 21 days and 28 days so i think they got through the seedling stage ok

i've got some pics and can upload them so you can have a look at them if you want the quality isn't great but could give you an idea
cheers

scorpion
20-06-19, 12:52 PM
We have signs of life now they are just poking out the soil, no point putting a pic on coz you can't see shit as they are tiny and the quality of my cam is crap lol
cheers

Easy-T
20-06-19, 12:55 PM
When I've used the Mars I start at 28" then just leave at that, they grow in to it, till Flowering then keep em at 12" till harvest

scorpion
20-06-19, 01:37 PM
When I've used the Mars I start at 28" then just leave at that, they grow in to it, till Flowering then keep em at 12" till harvest

niceone m8 so you reckon 23 and half inch won't be any good
cheers

M_C
20-06-19, 02:38 PM
cheersI'd listen to what Easy says, he has the same light as you & has quite some experience growing with it ;)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Easy-T
20-06-19, 02:43 PM
cheersIf that's all the height you got try it, don't think will make much difference might fuck first few leaves but there throw away leaves anyway

scorpion
20-06-19, 02:49 PM
If that's all the height you got try it, don't think will make much difference might fuck first few leaves but there throw away leaves anyway

ok cheers m8

scorpion
20-06-19, 06:31 PM
I'd listen to what Easy says, he has the same light as you & has quite some experience growing with it ;)

Only just seen your reply m8, should the lights and fans still be off m8
Cheers

M_C
20-06-19, 06:50 PM
If nothing has popped up yet, save your money... but as soon as something is above ground then we want to turn lights & fans on :)

scorpion
20-06-19, 07:03 PM
If nothing has popped up yet, save your money... but as soon as something is above ground then we want to turn lights & fans on :)

yes sorry m8 thought you seen it further up i'll put them on now, would you suggest lights on 24/7 or another m8, not fussed about saving the pennies as it doesn't take that much m8

M_C
20-06-19, 07:57 PM
yes sorry m8 thought you seen it further up i'll put them on now, would you suggest lights on 24/7 or another m8, not fussed about saving the pennies as it doesn't take that much m8

Funnily enough, I had seen the post but it just didn't register :(

24/0 is fine, that's what I tend to run my autos on unless the weather gets too warm & then I'll arrange some lights off time during the warmer parts of the day :)

scorpion
20-06-19, 08:01 PM
Funnily enough, I had seen the post but it just didn't register :(

24/0 is fine, that's what I tend to run my autos on unless the weather gets too warm & then I'll arrange some lights off time during the warmer parts of the day :)

lol niceone m8 the soil still feels moist so i take it that means no watering yet lol and should the domes have been sprayed inside or not
cheers m8

M_C
20-06-19, 08:03 PM
Stand right back from that water! No watering & no spraying the insides of the domes either!

scorpion
20-06-19, 08:35 PM
Stand right back from that water! No watering & no spraying the insides of the domes either!

lmao didn't think so, think i should have had my name as h20 lol

Easy-T
20-06-19, 08:39 PM
lmao didn't think so, think i should have had my name as h20 lol

this is the bit a lot fuck up on its all watering technique M_C will sort that lol :)

M_C
20-06-19, 08:41 PM
To save you asking again it'll probably be about a week before we water again...

In the meantime, lift your pots & feel how heavy they are... we will be waiting for them to be a lot lighter before we water again ;)

M_C
20-06-19, 08:42 PM
this is the bit a lot fuck up on its all watering technique M_C will sort that lol :)

Were you about when Wassat was here? He used to think I left it always too long... but that's one of the reasons that my plants were better ;)

Easy-T
20-06-19, 09:46 PM
Were you about when Wassat was here? He used to think I left it always too long... but that's one of the reasons that my plants were better ;)

before my time i think,name don't ring a bell, they don't need a lot at this stage,its hard not doing anything though :)

M_C
20-06-19, 10:31 PM
before my time i think,name don't ring a bell, they don't need a lot at this stage,its hard not doing anything though :)

A shame, you would have got on well with him... his only trouble was he was such a bad loser at comps that he banned himself from entering them!

But I think one time I ran the pots for nearly a fortnight before watering... the soil was shrinking from the sides of the pot & Wassat was doing his nut about it LOL

scorpion
21-06-19, 09:12 AM

i really did m8 i was watering them a bit everyday, no wonder i killed them lol

scorpion
21-06-19, 09:13 AM
To save you asking again it'll probably be about a week before we water again...

In the meantime, lift your pots & feel how heavy they are... we will be waiting for them to be a lot lighter before we water again ;)

will do cheers m8

M_C
21-06-19, 09:15 AM
i really did m8 i was watering them a bit everyday, no wonder i killed them lol

Cannabis, along with most plants, doesn't like wet feet ;)

scorpion
21-06-19, 10:21 PM
just a quick update they are looking ok but one still has the seed on it but it's split in half, it should come off on it's own shouldn't it, anyway the soil feels a bit dry but that's just the top bit and don't worry M_C no water has been near it lmao

the temp is 23.1c and the humidity is 42%

i forgot to lift the pots the other day like an idiot so would it be ok to do that after next watering m8
cheers

M_C
21-06-19, 10:24 PM
LOL Check the pot weights now... it's to try & get you used to the weight :)

The other shell should fall off by itself. If it's still attached tomorrow let me know & we'll take a better look :)

scorpion
22-06-19, 12:33 AM
LOL Check the pot weights now... it's to try & get you used to the weight :)

The other shell should fall off by itself. If it's still attached tomorrow let me know & we'll take a better look :)

Ok cheers m8

scorpion
22-06-19, 11:01 AM
just checked them and that bastard still has the helmet on, i tried seeing if it would come off carefully but it's a no go, i haven't any experience with growing but one thing i have noticed and i'm not sure if it's this strain or what but 3 out of the 4 seedstockers northern lights i've germed have been like this with the helmet left on but 2 other strains have had no probs so who knows

temp is 24c and humidity is 43
cheers

M_C
22-06-19, 11:10 AM
Get a small drop of water on the tip of your finger & touch it on the top of the shell so it transfers & put the dome back on :)

scorpion
22-06-19, 12:35 PM
Get a small drop of water on the tip of your finger & touch it on the top of the shell so it transfers & put the dome back on :)

will do now m8 niceone

scorpion
23-06-19, 04:11 PM
Just checked them m8 and they seem ok, I carefully got the seed off the other one but it looks a bit deformed and the top part of the soil seems very dry but a couple of inches down seems pretty moist still and they still feel pretty heavy

M_C
23-06-19, 09:41 PM
LOL - I see you are itching to do something ;) - make yourself a brew & watch them grow ;)

Glad the seed case is off as it's things like that which stress new growers... the older growers know it'll come off sooner or later or just take it off if they feel that way inclined ;) Wouldn't worry about the shapes of things at this point as, if there were anything to look odd, it would be at this point ;)

scorpion
23-06-19, 09:50 PM
Lol I’m just staying away from them lol

scorpion
24-06-19, 12:13 PM
I’ve got a problem people my oscillating fan has broke but I can’t get down to town to swap it till tomorrow or Wednesday, do yus think with them still being a few days old and under the dome they will be ok till then, this is the second bastard one to break within a few weeks of use
Cheers

M_C
24-06-19, 04:44 PM
That'll be fine mate, they have domes on them at the moment so it won't make any difference :)

...sorry about the late reply, I should get instant notifications for this thread but it's only just come through :(

scorpion
24-06-19, 04:50 PM
ok niceone m8 and no probs i thought u would be busy anyway m8
cheers

scorpion
25-06-19, 09:46 PM
no update as i'm just leaving them be for now i just popped my head into the room earlier the temp was 24c and the the humidity was 50%

M_C
26-06-19, 07:29 PM
no update as i'm just leaving them be for now i just popped my head into the room earlier the temp was 24c and the the humidity was 50%

A quick crappy pic tomorrow would be good... I just want to see how they are doing size wise :)

scorpion
26-06-19, 09:07 PM
great minds think alike i took some pics of them earlier but like an idiot i deleted the ones of the deformed one and can't get them back but here's two of the better one

the temp was 21c and the humidity was 51%

cheers m8

Bud Lightyear
26-06-19, 09:27 PM
And there off...In good hands with M_C navigating the ship...Wishing you calm seas and a steady wind me hearties :)

Regards BL

M_C
26-06-19, 11:00 PM
Soil seems a little hotter than I'd like but they'll grow into it :)

scorpion
26-06-19, 11:06 PM
And there off...In good hands with M_C navigating the ship...Wishing you calm seas and a steady wind me hearties :)

Regards BL

Thanks m8 appreciate it

scorpion
26-06-19, 11:08 PM
Soil seems a little hotter than I'd like but they'll grow into it :)

I don’t get ya sorry M8 you mean the way the leaves look
Cheers

M_C
27-06-19, 08:57 PM
I don’t get ya sorry M8 you mean the way the leaves look
Cheers

Yeah. Often soil can be a little hot (nitrogen heavy) for younger plants... but, like I said, they'll cope much better when they grow a little.... it's nothing to worry about :)

scorpion
28-06-19, 03:50 PM
Yeah. Often soil can be a little hot (nitrogen heavy) for younger plants... but, like I said, they'll cope much better when they grow a little.... it's nothing to worry about :)

ok niceone m8 i've set the oscillating fan up again third time lucky lol, i took a couple of pics earlier on and on the fone they looked ok but on the laptop they look pisspoor (i'm working on getting a better camera) but i'll put them on anyway and i take it still no watering yet? lol it feels moist still a couple of inches down, they are 8 days old now
cheers

the second pic is the deformed one

M_C
28-06-19, 04:17 PM
I take it the pots are still heavy?

scorpion
28-06-19, 05:18 PM
i'll check them shortly m8 i forgot to check that
cheers

M_C
28-06-19, 05:21 PM
Just think of how much water you would have added by now if I hadn't told you not to LOL

scorpion
28-06-19, 06:03 PM
I was thinking that earlier on m8 lol, they feel pretty light now m8
Cheers

M_C
28-06-19, 06:31 PM
I was thinking that earlier on m8 lol, they feel pretty light now m8
Cheers

Go on then since you've been good, I'll let you put 1/2L (500ml) into each ;) - They won't really need it but it'll keep you feeling that you're doing something :)

...and no more than 1/2L :laugh:

scorpion
28-06-19, 07:26 PM
Go on then since you've been good, I'll let you put 1/2L (500ml) into each ;) - They won't really need it but it'll keep you feeling that you're doing something :)

lol i'll get them done m8, will there be any runoff
cheers

M_C
28-06-19, 07:29 PM
cheers

I would like to think that there will be zero run off... if there is, let me know!

Easy-T
28-06-19, 07:35 PM
try and keep a mental note when you water of the weight difference of the pots
before after :)

scorpion
28-06-19, 07:42 PM

cheers

just seen message after watering them m8, i'll check for runoff in a minute i doubt it though they seemed pretty dry man
cheers

scorpion
28-06-19, 07:43 PM
try and keep a mental note when you water of the weight difference of the pots
before after :)

cheers m8 M_C said the same, sometimes it's just hard to remember when you've had a spliff lol
cheers

scorpion
28-06-19, 07:59 PM
No runoff and temp is 25.3, humidity is 46% and the tips of the ok plant are touching the dome m8 i've got a 5 litre bottle so could cut that up tomorrow and swap them if u think it's worth it
cheers

M_C
28-06-19, 08:51 PM
Chuck a pic up tomorrow & we'll make a decision based on that :)

scorpion
29-06-19, 07:01 PM
the first two pics are the one that has been ok, the third pic is of the one that had the helmet on it

M_C
29-06-19, 07:31 PM
We can take the domes off now, it'll be fine :)

How are you coping with the warmer weather? Are the temps still staying reasonable?

scorpion
29-06-19, 07:58 PM
niceone i'll take them off shortly

I meant to post them sorry m8 temp was 27c and humidity was 45%

what temps shouldn't it be getting over m8
cheers

M_C
29-06-19, 08:13 PM
That's pretty impressive on the temps, if you look around many people have been having problems today :)

I like to keep my grow room at about 26... it often goes over that but that is what I aim for...

Top temps? Always trying to keep below 30 but I've had 38c once (& high humidity... then bud rot!) but you're spot on where you are :)

scorpion
29-06-19, 08:52 PM
niceone i reckon with that cfl in there it would be alot higher
cheers

scorpion
29-06-19, 08:55 PM
when u said about the soil being a bit hot for them is that why the leaves are a lighter green around the edges m8
cheers

scorpion
29-06-19, 10:47 PM
27.8c now m8 do u think I should carry on leaving the room door open, I only closed it so the chopper wouldn’t see warm air going out of it or u reckon not lol
Cheers

M_C
29-06-19, 10:52 PM
when u said about the soil being a bit hot for them is that why the leaves are a lighter green around the edges m8
cheers

I'm watching that... it could be the light needs adjusting, I thought I'd ask about it tomorrow to see if there was any change after taking the domes off :)

27.8c now m8 do u think I should carry on leaving the room door open, I only closed it so the chopper wouldn’t see warm air going out of it or u reckon not lol
Cheers

TBH as long as it's the right side of 30 I wouldn't give it a 2nd thought ;) - apparently we cool down again tomorrow :(

scorpion
29-06-19, 11:01 PM
Ok niceone m8

scorpion
02-07-19, 02:58 PM
quick update, a couple of crap pics of them both, i bought a cheap 16 mp camera that will hopefully be here by monday, the first 2 are of the good one and the other 2 of the slow starter they are looking ok apart from that light green around the leaf which you can't see proper coz of this pile of shit camera i'm using
when i took the pics the temp was 24.1c and the humidity was 37%
cheers

M_C
02-07-19, 03:04 PM
Can we get the light a little higher?

scorpion
02-07-19, 03:15 PM
yes m8 i'm going to have a look on here and on the internet to try and sort it
cheers

scorpion
02-07-19, 03:32 PM
Gardo told me how to do it on another thread m8 what height should I be taking it to
Cheers

M_C
02-07-19, 03:38 PM
Gardo told me how to do it on another thread m8 what height should I be taking it to
Cheers

What do we have at the moment?

scorpion
02-07-19, 03:42 PM
About 20 inch from the tops of them

M_C
02-07-19, 03:44 PM
About 20 inch from the tops of them

Let's try it at about 26" :)

scorpion
02-07-19, 04:17 PM
got it to just under 26 inch m8 but the light is only 3-4 inches away from the carbon filter now, the picture shows it
it should be ok though shouldn't it
cheers

M_C
02-07-19, 06:39 PM
got it to just under 26 inch m8 but the light is only 3-4 inches away from the carbon filter now, the picture shows it
it should be ok though shouldn't it
cheers

Fortunately, as the plant matures, the light can be closer to it :)

scorpion
02-07-19, 06:57 PM
Fortunately, as the plant matures, the light can be closer to it :)

Niceone, you don’t think the light is too near the cf do u m8
Cheers

M_C
02-07-19, 06:59 PM
It should be fine, there's plenty of room for the air to circulate around it :)

scorpion
02-07-19, 07:00 PM
Niceone m8

scorpion
04-07-19, 01:18 PM
quick update they are both getting on ok still and i think making the light higher has stopped the newer leaves getting that green on them m8, they are lighter green a little bit but that was before i made it higher, they are feeling a bit light as well m8, temp and rh were 25.1c and 40% when i checked earlier

the first 2 are the ok one and the second 2 are the one that got stumped a bit coz of the seed helmet
cheers

M_C
04-07-19, 03:40 PM
This is looking much better :)

Tomorrow (not today!) we can add 1L of water to each :) - Are you starting to see just how little water they need at this stage? This is where a lot of people go wrong by watering too often!

scorpion
04-07-19, 06:02 PM
This is looking much better :)

Tomorrow (not today!) we can add 1L of water to each :) - Are you starting to see just how little water they need at this stage? This is where a lot of people go wrong by watering too often!

i agree they are looking better m8 and yes i was thinking earlier on how much i would have flooded the poor bastards lol, just got to remember after watering tomoro to pick them up to gauge the weight, and the new camera will be here soon although it's not been posted yet, thank god for mentors and thank God for M_C lol, i'm going to sound an idiot now but when watering them i know not to do it over the leaves but should i be doing it in the middle and moving to the outside or just around the outside
cheers m8

M_C
04-07-19, 06:10 PM
Water the soil (easiest way of putting it) - I just tend to drench them as in just keep adding the water until it threatens to over flow... let it sink in & then go at it again until done :)

I don't expect there to be any run off but let me know if there is...

scorpion
04-07-19, 06:18 PM
Water the soil (easiest way of putting it) - I just tend to drench them as in just keep adding the water until it threatens to over flow... let it sink in & then go at it again until done :)

I don't expect there to be any run off but let me know if there is...

ok cheers m8 and i know i'm jumping the gun but when it comes to it am i going to be able to dry the bud in the growdrobe or will i need something else
cheers m8

M_C
04-07-19, 06:20 PM
I always dry my weed in my grow room, it's no problem as it already has a carbon filter to stop smell leaks ;)

scorpion
04-07-19, 06:24 PM
I always dry my weed in my grow room, it's no problem as it already has a carbon filter to stop smell leaks ;)

was thinking the same m8
cheers

scorpion
05-07-19, 11:12 AM
Just gave them a litre each m8
Cheers

scorpion
08-07-19, 02:03 PM
quick update, they are looking really good and the temps are roughly the same as they have been, i took some pics yesterday so i'll upload them when the image uploading is fixed
cheers

M_C
08-07-19, 05:22 PM
The attachment problem has been escalated. That said, you could still make an album in the gallery & post the pics ;)

scorpion
09-07-19, 03:10 PM
The attachment problem has been escalated. That said, you could still make an album in the gallery & post the pics ;)

niceone m8 i'll wait till that's sorted, i'll end up messing up somehow
cheers

M_C
09-07-19, 05:21 PM
You could always use an external hosting site ;)

scorpion
09-07-19, 07:17 PM
You could always use an external hosting site ;)

niceone m8 i didn't think

here's the link http://tinypic.com/2mprhc7o the first two are the good one and the other 2 are of the sumped one
cheers

M_C
09-07-19, 07:53 PM
They're looking very happy :)

How are your pots doing weight wise?

scorpion
09-07-19, 07:59 PM
They're looking very happy :)

How are your pots doing weight wise?

they are aren't they and their feeling pretty light m8
cheers

M_C
09-07-19, 08:38 PM
Tomorrow (not today!) treat them each to one liter of water... again, I'd like to think there will be no run off but let me know if there is :)

Run off is important... just not so much at this point in a soil grow... I thought I'd mention that in case you were wondering....

scorpion
09-07-19, 09:54 PM
Tomorrow (not today!) treat them each to one liter of water... again, I'd like to think there will be no run off but let me know if there is :)

Run off is important... just not so much at this point in a soil grow... I thought I'd mention that in case you were wondering....

sound m8 there was a bit last time but nothing major and don't forget they are fabric pots, my camera should be here soon it's only a 12 megapixel but i think it should be better than the 5 mp one i'm using now
cheers

scorpion
10-07-19, 05:15 PM
little update, i watered them earlier but i took a few pics before with the new camera it's pretty decent anyway ignore the date on them i set the camera to august instead of july lol, there was quite a bit of runoff but mainly out the sides m8

as usual the good one is first, then the stumped one and then the top of both cheers

http://tinypic.com/2mprhc7o

M_C
10-07-19, 06:18 PM
If I say so myself, they look great :)

The water sounds like if was just finding the easy rout out :( Next time try watering a little slower so that it gets better absorbed into the soil :) However, I assume the pots are heavy again?

scorpion
10-07-19, 07:26 PM
If I say so myself, they look great :)

The water sounds like if was just finding the easy rout out :( Next time try watering a little slower so that it gets better absorbed into the soil :) However, I assume the pots are heavy again?

They do that m8 thanks to you stopping me swamping them lmao and funny you say that as I did pour it faster this time, I know for next time and yes they have gone a bit heavier, I’ll try and get some better pics next time, still trying to figure the best setting
Cheers

M_C
10-07-19, 07:45 PM
At this stage watering can be a little tricky as the top of the soil 'crusts' & doesn't absorb water too well to begin with :(

scorpion
10-07-19, 08:12 PM
At this stage watering can be a little tricky as the top of the soil 'crusts' & doesn't absorb water too well to begin with :(

i noticed that the other times i tried to grow but this time it's really not been as bad m8
cheers

Easy-T
10-07-19, 08:33 PM
looking really good nice and healthy,
watering the way M_C says will save you shit loads of hassle in the future :Nice:

Easy-T
10-07-19, 08:35 PM

he could try my rubber glove,from our mentor grow lol works though

IceCalibur
10-07-19, 09:05 PM
little update, i watered them earlier but i took a few pics before with the new camera it's pretty decent anyway ignore the date on them i set the camera to august instead of july lol, there was quite a bit of runoff but mainly out the sides m8

as usual the good one is first, then the stumped one and then the top of both cheers

http://tinypic.com/2mprhc7o

Looking beautiful scorpion, great job so far and with M_C behind you, you're gonna nail this :D

I've pasted the images for you here mate, you can just use the code that says "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" if you like.

http://i66.tinypic.com/330a90k.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/23ii549.jpg

M_C
10-07-19, 09:41 PM
he could try my rubber glove,from our mentor grow lol works though

LOL - I'd forgotten all about that!

scorpion
11-07-19, 11:06 PM
looking really good nice and healthy,
watering the way M_C says will save you shit loads of hassle in the future :Nice:

cheers m8 like i said i would have swamped them by now lol

scorpion
11-07-19, 11:10 PM
Looking beautiful scorpion, great job so far and with M_C behind you, you're gonna nail this :D

I've pasted the images for you here mate, you can just use the code that says "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" if you like.

http://i66.tinypic.com/330a90k.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/23ii549.jpg

cheers m8 i appreciate it, doing better since M_C told me to move the light higher pardon the pun lol

scorpion
13-07-19, 07:25 PM
few pics from earlier, can't remember if the temp was 25.7 or 26.7 lol, the humidity was 47% and the plants are looking good, i'm sure they've bushed up more since the last pics, i couldn't smell anything earlier when i checked on them but i got a bit of a smell the other day, the soil is pretty dry on top and the first couple of inches down
cheers

373976 373977 373978

M_C
13-07-19, 07:35 PM
What we will do (tomorrow!) is give them both 1/2L of water. But we want to do this slowly as we want the water to sink into the soil. Best way to do this is in mini stages of around 10-50ml at a time. We want the water to pool on top of the soil to sink in rather then running off the top & down the sides. Wait until the water has fully absorbed before adding more, it'll take a little time ;)

Everything else is looking tickety-boo :)

scorpion
13-07-19, 08:37 PM
What we will do (tomorrow!) is give them both 1/2L of water. But we want to do this slowly as we want the water to sink into the soil. Best way to do this is in mini stages of around 10-50ml at a time. We want the water to pool on top of the soil to sink in rather then running off the top & down the sides. Wait until the water has fully absorbed before adding more, it'll take a little time ;)

Everything else is looking tickety-boo :)

ok niceone m8

M_C
13-07-19, 08:44 PM
The idea is to rehydrate the soil ;)

We are getting close to flowering (it may already have started?) So now is the time we make sure that we are ready...

So, so far, you have seen just how little water we need for the first few weeks of an autos life ;) - You won't make the same mistakes again! Myself, I'd rather they wilted then were over watered as wilting is so much easier to sort :)

Next thing that will happen is they will start to stretch. Are we going to have enough height, or should we start thinking about some LST?

scorpion
14-07-19, 08:25 PM
Sorry m8 just seen the reply, I watered them earlier and only a couple of drops came out the side, I think we will defo have enough height m8, not sure if you still want me to do the lst, I would like to learn but don’t want to mess it up lol
Cheers

M_C
15-07-19, 04:22 PM
Sorry m8 just seen the reply, I watered them earlier and only a couple of drops came out the side, I think we will defo have enough height m8, not sure if you still want me to do the lst, I would like to learn but don’t want to mess it up lol
Cheers

What we will do is wait for the stretch to start & we can have a bit play to keep the height down so be prepared with string, scissors & a way of tying off ;) but we can always get inventive ;)

scorpion
15-07-19, 07:24 PM
ok sound m8 can i not make holes right at the top of the pots and tie them m8, i had a quick check of them earlier m8 and they looked really good the temp was 26c and the humidity was 40%
cheers

Easy-T
15-07-19, 07:27 PM
get some nappy pins and pipe cleaners :)

M_C
15-07-19, 07:45 PM
ok sound m8 can i not make holes right at the top of the pots and tie them m8, i had a quick check of them earlier m8 and they looked really good the temp was 26c and the humidity was 40%
cheers

Of course you can do that, I was more trying to make you aware & ready ;)

Your humidity is holding well :)

scorpion
15-07-19, 08:28 PM
ok niceone m8 and yes it is keeping to a good temp an rh
cheers

scorpion
17-07-19, 02:40 PM
little update, M_C they are looking great m8 i couldn't believe it when i opened the growdrobe they have shot up and the stumped one is now the biggest and bushiest lol, they are feeling light m8 even 3-4 inch down in the soil and speaking of soil it has shrunk quite a bit in the pot, i said when i opened the growdrobe as i only open it to water them or take some pics, i just normally check them through a hole at the top of the drobe so i don't have to be turning the light off and taking the lightblock off the front of it, am i mean should i be opening it and checking them proper everyday or what lol just waffling coz i've had a smoke, anyway here's the pics
cheers

374106 374107 374108 374109 374110

M_C
17-07-19, 04:48 PM
OK, we have some stretch going :)

What we want to do is tie down the lead tip.... or the main stem (however you want to call things)

So Tie the top of the lead stem & pull it down so that it is about the same height as the next branches & tie it off... job done :)

They'll start to drink more water now so let's slowly add a liter each (like last time) & see if there is any run off :)

scorpion
17-07-19, 05:43 PM
Cheers m8 I’ll do it shortly and take some pics after to make sure it’s right, they’ve really grown in the last few days the pics don’t do them any justice
Cheers

scorpion
17-07-19, 07:13 PM
I don’t want to sound stupid m8 but I don’t suppose you’ve got a pic or link showing where to tie it on the plant, I’ve looked on google and there’s all different places
Cheers

M_C
17-07-19, 08:18 PM
LOL - TBH it doesn't overly matter so long as you can pull the branch down with not too much force... hand on, I'll get a drawing....

M_C
17-07-19, 08:22 PM
As you can see, I'm never going to make a living frawing [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190717/b92ab241b243bee3804a3b5364b319a9.jpg

LewisR19
17-07-19, 08:27 PM
As you can see, I'm never going to make a living frawing [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’m not good at drawing, but this [emoji23][emoji23] just seen this diary lads, il tag along if that’s ok [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M_C
17-07-19, 08:46 PM
I’m not good at drawing, but this [emoji23][emoji23] just seen this diary lads, il tag along if that’s ok [emoji4]

I was on a course today & I had to draw a 3 pin plug... by the time I'd finished it could easily have been mistaken for Mickey Mouse.... or the leaning tower of Pisa :laugh:

scorpion
17-07-19, 09:14 PM

cheers m8 that's all i needed, i did the first one exactly like that one but the second one i did the leaves under the next one if you get me as the top bit didn't look that strong to me hope there ok, there was some runoff with the first one when watering m8 but was probably my fault as i can't see where the hell i'm watering sometimes coz the soils gone right down, i'll get a few pics up m8
cheers m8

scorpion
17-07-19, 09:17 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same here i struggle doing stickmen most of the time lol and good to have you on board m8
cheers

scorpion
17-07-19, 09:17 PM
I was on a course today & I had to draw a 3 pin plug... by the time I'd finished it could easily have been mistaken for Mickey Mouse.... or the leaning tower of Pisa :laugh:

your not on your own m8 lol

scorpion
17-07-19, 09:25 PM
374129 374130

M_C
17-07-19, 09:48 PM
cheers m8 that's all i needed, i did the first one exactly like that one but the second one i did the leaves under the next one if you get me as the top bit didn't look that strong to me hope there ok, there was some runoff with the first one when watering m8 but was probably my fault as i can't see where the hell i'm watering sometimes coz the soils gone right down, i'll get a few pics up m8
cheers m8

From here on in you'll find the plants will need more & more water (that's why I've had you checking the weight - so you know!) & at the back end then every day watering is a possibility!So we are moving from little water needs to large water needs. You've spent the last couple of weeks moving to this point... I just didn't bore you with the details of things... but you have been growing the rooting system as much as the leaves and due to the way we have been restrictive with the water, we have also increased root growth as the plant produces bigger roots in search of water - before, you were just drowning them :(

I've just reread that... I think I'm stoned :)

M_C
17-07-19, 09:52 PM
374129 374130

My goal would be this line.... but nothing is set in stone :)

scorpion
17-07-19, 10:25 PM
You mean bend the top to that line m8
Cheers

scorpion
18-07-19, 03:51 PM
i hope that's what you meant coz i've bent them a bit more today m8 check the pics hope there better
cheers

374155 374156

M_C
18-07-19, 04:05 PM
Much better :)

This will encourage the growth on the lateral branches :)

IceCalibur
18-07-19, 04:08 PM
Looking fantastic, great job scorpion.. following M_C's instructions very well indeed! :Nice:

scorpion
18-07-19, 04:57 PM
Much better :)

This will encourage the growth on the lateral branches :)

niceone m8 just glad i didn't break any branches lol
cheers

scorpion
18-07-19, 05:04 PM
Looking fantastic, great job scorpion.. following M_C's instructions very well indeed! :Nice:

Cheers m8 i'm trying to, they're doing good because of the great instructions i'm given
cheers

M_C
18-07-19, 05:14 PM
niceone m8 just glad i didn't break any branches lol
cheers

Last time I went to mainline a plant I ended up with spare branches in my hand... that's why I don't really promote heavy LST anymore (It won't stop me from doing it though :laugh:)

Easy-T
18-07-19, 07:06 PM
Last time I went to mainline a plant I ended up with spare branches in my hand... that's why I don't really promote heavy LST anymore (It won't stop me from doing it though :laugh:)

not done any at all this grow, makes feeding a right pain :)

M_C
18-07-19, 08:49 PM
not done any at all this grow, makes feeding a right pain :)

I've actually got to a stage where, with topping, I can pretty much get the same, if not better results as LST :)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/4279/medium/20150421_151100.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/166152/title/20150421-151100/cat/4279)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/4686/medium/P9210582.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/182525/title/p9210582/cat/4686)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/4841/medium/P7311293.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/188362/title/p7311293/cat/4841)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190303/525a8aaad6f87c9301efca3a79affcc2.jpg

scorpion
19-07-19, 04:28 PM
I've actually got to a stage where, with topping, I can pretty much get the same, if not better results as LST :)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/4279/medium/20150421_151100.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/166152/title/20150421-151100/cat/4279)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/4686/medium/P9210582.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/182525/title/p9210582/cat/4686)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/4841/medium/P7311293.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/188362/title/p7311293/cat/4841)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190303/525a8aaad6f87c9301efca3a79affcc2.jpg

Wow bravo m8 are they autos or photos

M_C
19-07-19, 04:35 PM
Wow bravo m8 are they autos or photos

They are all autos mate... I think this is the only photo that I've topped (out of the 3 I've grown!)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/4617/medium/CIMG1172.JPG (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/181183/title/cimg1172/cat/4617)

curiouscultivator
19-07-19, 05:08 PM
Good work so far guys :) Well done for being patient scorpion! MC will hopefully see you through to some wonderful bud at this rate.

Easy-T
19-07-19, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=M_C;1070978796]They are all autos mate... I think this is the only photo that I've topped (out of the 3 I've grown!)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/4617/medium/CIMG1172.JPG (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/181183/title/cimg1172/cat/4617)[/QUOTE

:Nice: but no .com on the sign :)

scorpion
19-07-19, 07:11 PM
They are all autos mate... I think this is the only photo that I've topped (out of the 3 I've grown!)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/4617/medium/CIMG1172.JPG (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/181183/title/cimg1172/cat/4617)

I thought they looked like autos but didn’t think they would be that big, nice photo too, just shows what you can do with the knowledge and hps ?

scorpion
19-07-19, 07:21 PM
Good work so far guys :) Well done for being patient scorpion! MC will hopefully see you through to some wonderful bud at this rate.

Cheers m8, am I the only one that wishes there was a fastforward button to harvest lol and so far the instructions and advice M_C has given me has got them to looking this good, just hope I don’t mess them up lol

M_C
19-07-19, 09:22 PM
Cheers m8, am I the only one that wishes there was a fastforward button to harvest lol and so far the instructions and advice M_C has given me has got them to looking this good, just hope I don’t mess them up lol

It's just steady steps mate, never try & rush your plants, you can't... but rushing it is where faults happen.

At the start, watering too often is the issue.
At around the place you are the over feeding is the issue...
& then people want to chop early (FFS!) - talking about chopping, do you have a magnifying glass to look at the trichs? (you won't need one for a few weeks though)

M_C
19-07-19, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=M_C;1070978796]They are all autos mate... I think this is the only photo that I've topped (out of the 3 I've grown!)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/4617/medium/CIMG1172.JPG (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/181183/title/cimg1172/cat/4617)[/QUOTE

:Nice: but no .com on the sign :)

That may explain why I didn't win :laugh:

M_C
19-07-19, 09:27 PM
I thought they looked like autos but didn’t think they would be that big, nice photo too, just shows what you can do with the knowledge and hps ?

...and you don't need to LST/top for big plants ;)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/4132/medium/20140724_155819.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/159617/title/20140724-155819/cat/4132)

...and that's with just a 250W HPS :)

scorpion
19-07-19, 11:49 PM
It's just steady steps mate, never try & rush your plants, you can't... but rushing it is where faults happen.

At the start, watering too often is the issue.
At around the place you are the over feeding is the issue...
& then people want to chop early (FFS!) - talking about chopping, do you have a magnifying glass to look at the trichs? (you won't need one for a few weeks though)

Not yet m8 I’ll get one soon though is there any certain ones I should be looking for cheers

scorpion
19-07-19, 11:55 PM
...and you don't need to LST/top for big plants ;)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/4132/medium/20140724_155819.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/159617/title/20140724-155819/cat/4132)

...and that's with just a 250W HPS :)

I was thinking about the hps when I get the money but don’t know if it would be too hot for my space and I’m para about the heat, i think you’ve mentioned about the hps before

scorpion
21-07-19, 04:50 PM
i don't think these are looking too good m8 i think they are thirsty but not sure
cheers

374279 374280 374281 374282 374283

M_C
21-07-19, 05:59 PM
Hmmm... they shouldn't be thirsty just yet but let's add some water. Let's start at 1L a plant & if we only get very minimal - or no run off, let's do another liter per plant... then give them about an hour & they should perk up a bit :)

...oh, before you ask, yes we will be feeding them but they don't need it yet :)

scorpion
21-07-19, 06:47 PM
I don’t know m8 it’s whatever u think it was a guess for me, I didn’t mention food coz I knew u would when the time came m8

M_C
21-07-19, 06:53 PM
It's not a bad time to be adding water, as I said previously, we need to hydrate....

But, TBH, I'm seeing no real issue with the pics... plants do this often just to annoy us :laugh:

scorpion
21-07-19, 06:54 PM
Lol ok m8 should I give them a water then lol

M_C
21-07-19, 07:08 PM
Lol ok m8 should I give them a water then lol

Absolutely :)

scorpion
21-07-19, 07:36 PM
Will do shortly m8 and update cheers

scorpion
21-07-19, 09:21 PM
I gave them a litre each m8 there wasn’t lots of runoff but enough is that ok, my main problem is the soil has dropped a couple of inches

M_C
22-07-19, 03:37 PM
I gave them a litre each m8 there wasn’t lots of runoff but enough is that ok, my main problem is the soil has dropped a couple of inches

Yeah, soil levels drop, it's just par for the course.... the same happens in coco :( This is one of the reasons I get confused when members only half fill their pots :(

OK, now you want to be checking the pot weights daily :)

scorpion
22-07-19, 04:19 PM
Lol when I was looking up growing that’s one thing I never came across the soil shrinking, I’ll check them soon and get some pics up m8

scorpion
22-07-19, 04:21 PM
Think I have passed my other medal thanks award thing, can’t remember if it’s 1000 or 1500
Cheers

M_C
22-07-19, 04:25 PM
I sorted your bling for you :)

scorpion
22-07-19, 04:50 PM
cheers m8 just checked on them and the weight feels good but the right one is a bit heavier than the left one, they do look like they've perked up

374306 374307

M_C
22-07-19, 05:34 PM
There must be some good stuff in that soil, normally I'm seeing signs they want feeding by now ;)

scorpion
22-07-19, 07:37 PM
There must be some good stuff in that soil, normally I'm seeing signs they want feeding by now ;)

niceone glad something is going in my favour lol, what would the signs be m8

scorpion
22-07-19, 07:41 PM

niceone glad something is going in my favour lol, what would the signs be m8, i've only just thought as well i should have asked at the start but the soil was sat in a room for a year or two before i started using it, it was all wrapped up properly though

M_C
23-07-19, 03:14 PM
niceone glad something is going in my favour lol, what would the signs be m8, i've only just thought as well i should have asked at the start but the soil was sat in a room for a year or two before i started using it, it was all wrapped up properly though

You'll see that growth isn't as green as you would like it... but your soil has proved itself to be fine :)

scorpion
23-07-19, 04:19 PM
You'll see that growth isn't as green as you would like it... but your soil has proved itself to be fine :)

Niceone, I checked them earlier and there still weighing ok not too light but I noticed a couple of the big leaves have got a couple of yellow/gold spots on them and the temp has gone to 28C m8

Mac
23-07-19, 04:40 PM
Pulling up a chair, Looking good so far :)

Keep up the great work fellas :mr:

scorpion
23-07-19, 04:56 PM
Pulling up a chair, Looking good so far :)

Keep up the great work fellas :mr:

Cheers m8 glad your onboard

M_C
23-07-19, 05:41 PM
Niceone, I checked them earlier and there still weighing ok not too light but I noticed a couple of the big leaves have got a couple of yellow/gold spots on them and the temp has gone to 28C m8Yeah, it-s a bit warm at the moment... but never mind, the weather for the weekend is shitty lol

See if you can grab a pic of what you mean...

scorpion
23-07-19, 07:16 PM
lol i'll try and get one shortly m8

scorpion
23-07-19, 08:59 PM
I won’t be able to get a proper picture of it tonight I don’t think m8 as I rely on the daylight when taking the pics and I don’t think the flash will do it any good, or is it imperative I get one tonight, I found a pic that looks like mine it’s on this link

Cheers

Shit just thought if links are not allowed can someone take it off thanks

scorpion
23-07-19, 09:07 PM
I had a quick look on there just for an idea and someone said it could be from nutrients or water burn or something, anyway if you reckon it could be caused by water spill it could defo be that coz drops do drop all over when I’m watering them lol
Cheers

M_C
24-07-19, 05:03 AM
Links to a different forum are a bit fucking stupid when being mentored by Admin here!

Just take a picture!

scorpion
24-07-19, 11:25 AM
Wow lol it was only for an idea m8, the camera wouldn’t show the spots up my bedroom light is shit, I typed it in on google and that just came up, that’s why I said afterwards if I fucked up can someone remove it

scorpion
24-07-19, 11:26 AM
I’ll take a picture and put it up in a bit I can’t at the minute coz I’m waiting on someone coming to the house, so I’ve had to turn the light off for a few hours

M_C
24-07-19, 01:54 PM
No hurry for a pic, don't prostrate yourself mate....

Probably just a little nute burn from when they were younger so probably no biggy :)

scorpion
24-07-19, 03:12 PM
Ok sound m8 the lights will have been ok off for a few hours won’t they

M_C
24-07-19, 04:48 PM
It'll be no issue :)

scorpion
24-07-19, 07:11 PM
It'll be no issue :)

niceone m8 i checked them before and there feeling pretty light, took a few pics as well m8
first one is without flash on, second is with flash, third is that leaf i mentioned m8 the other two are self explanatory lol

374358 374359 374360 374361 374362

IceCalibur
24-07-19, 10:31 PM
niceone m8 i checked them before and there feeling pretty light, took a few pics as well m8
first one is without flash on, second is with flash, third is that leaf i mentioned m8 the other two are self explanatory lol

I know this is directed at M_C scorpion and wait for his direction here but just to give my opinion on what I'm seeing..from the images it looks like splash burn like you've spilt some water/nutrients on the leaves and they burnt under the magnification.

M_C
25-07-19, 06:27 AM
Poxy tapa... I'll need to look at these on a desktop :(

scorpion
25-07-19, 09:36 AM
I know this is directed at M_C scorpion and wait for his direction here but just to give my opinion on what I'm seeing..from the images it looks like splash burn like you've spilt some water/nutrients on the leaves and they burnt under the magnification.

Cheers m8 I appreciate ur help, after doing a bit of searching I thought the same as they can be a ball ache to water around the leaves

scorpion
25-07-19, 09:37 AM
Poxy tapa... I'll need to look at these on a desktop :(

Poxy tapa ? Is that what it’s called m8, no idea what it is lol

M_C
25-07-19, 10:08 AM
Lol no... tapatalk is a phone app that lets me see the forum... but pics aren't always working on it..

scorpion
25-07-19, 11:27 AM
Lol no... tapatalk is a phone app that lets me see the forum... but pics aren't always working on it..

Lol didn’t realise, I’ve tried using it but it does my head in I’d rather log in on browser
Not sure if you seen on the last pic yesterday but the temp has been getting to 29c as well I’m shitting it getting higher really

IceCalibur
25-07-19, 11:33 AM
Poxy tapa ? Is that what it’s called m8, no idea what it is lol

Lol :laugh::laugh::rvmp: sorry mate but this had my sides splitting lol.

scorpion
25-07-19, 11:54 AM
Lol :laugh::laugh::rvmp: sorry mate but this had my sides splitting lol.

Lol didn’t know what the hell it was, glad it made you laugh

M_C
25-07-19, 03:34 PM
Pics just look as if the plants are settling into a hot soil... nothing to worry about :)

scorpion
25-07-19, 03:41 PM
Pics just look as if the plants are settling into a hot soil... nothing to worry about :)

That’s good Niceone m8

M_C
25-07-19, 08:12 PM
This is most strange, I should get instant notifications on new posts in this thread but I'm not getting them :( - I'm sure it was BB who said he was having problems with tapa (the phone app :laugh:) giving notifications from the mentored grow section... Ho hum, something else to look at :(

scorpion
25-07-19, 09:51 PM
lol i don't think they are enjoying the hot weather today m8 it's been 31c in there today at times here's a couple of pics

374380 374381

scorpion
26-07-19, 11:10 AM
I had to turn the lights off last night and switched them back on this morning as it got to 32c in there,just hope I’ve not put them behind by doing it

M_C
26-07-19, 02:10 PM
If the pots are light, don't be afraid to water them as they'll likely get through some with the higher temps :(

scorpion
26-07-19, 02:28 PM
Lol I was waiting for instructions m8

M_C
26-07-19, 02:35 PM
So long as you can tell me the pots were light then I am happy for you to take the initiative :) - Just mention if you do :)

scorpion
26-07-19, 02:45 PM
I did lol yesterday or the day before m8 but I wrote other shit as well, I thought it was me being too eager to water as usual lol
How much a litre each ?

Just clocked u meant let u know if I water them I thought u meant if I thought they were light lol ignore me m8

M_C
26-07-19, 03:01 PM
From now on, get used to watering them to get 10% run off :)

scorpion
26-07-19, 03:11 PM
Don’t mean to sound thick but what amount should I start with m8

M_C
26-07-19, 03:27 PM
I'd make 1L a pot a starting point & add as required if there is insufficient run off :)

scorpion
26-07-19, 05:12 PM
watered them m8 and looking at the pics before i think they needed it but maybe wrong, the good/big one had 1.5 litre and had 10% runoff but the stumped smaller one had 1.8-9 litres to get roughly 10% runoff i forgot that one coz i was adding the 300-400 at 100 a time lol, i knew the runoff roughly coz i worked it out and poured the runoff into a jug to make sure lol

here's the before watering pics and i'll get a few after ones in a few hours to see if we can see the difference, not sure if it's possible but i'm sure they perk up within about 10 minutes of being watered, and some of the lowest leaves are turning yellow/brown looking like there dying

374385 374386 374387 374388

scorpion
26-07-19, 07:45 PM
i wasn't wrong they've perked right up since watering

374398 374399 374400 374401 374402

M_C
27-07-19, 01:01 PM
Bloody weather!

Well, it's a lot cooler today ;)

scorpion
27-07-19, 02:16 PM
it is that m8 sick of worrying about the heat in there and sweating my bollocks off lol, what kind of loupe should i be looking to buy m8 cheers

scorpion
27-07-19, 03:22 PM
a few pics i took earlier and they are looking mint

374433 374434 374435

M_C
27-07-19, 03:30 PM
it is that m8 sick of worrying about the heat in there and sweating my bollocks off lol, what kind of loupe should i be looking to buy m8 cheers

At this point the heat isn't of over worry to us but if it were later in the grow we would be worrying as heat spikes like we have had often raise the humidity :(

The Loupe I have is like Ebay item 163687745302 :)

a few pics i took earlier and they are looking mint

374433 374434 374435

Yeah, not looking too shabby, are they? We may tie down again if the start getting much taller :)

scorpion
27-07-19, 03:43 PM
ok sound m8 and that's the loupe i was looking at funny enough

scorpion
28-07-19, 04:54 PM
i checked them earlier and they are doing good i think lol, the temp was 27c and the rh was 47% they felt lightish so going off the weight and the look i think they will need some tomoro but see what you think m8, here's a few pics i took earlier i think the one on the right is starting to flower is that right?

374461 374462 374463

M_C
28-07-19, 05:06 PM
This is good, you are now thinking & checking before adding water - nice one :)

Yeah the one on the right is crowning well, the left one looks like it is also flowering but a little behind its sister :)

scorpion
28-07-19, 07:56 PM
I’ve got a good teacher Cheers m8

scorpion
29-07-19, 11:34 AM
I’m going to water them soon m8 am I doing the same again watering them till there’s 10% runoff cheers

M_C
29-07-19, 02:24 PM
Sounds good to me :)

Don't forget to check your weights first... and after!

scorpion
29-07-19, 03:34 PM
I did do m8 and the bigger one ended up having roughly 1.7 and the other roughly 1.5 to get 10% runoff, the temp was 24 and the rh was 46 cheers

scorpion
29-07-19, 03:36 PM
I was thinking next time I might use some luggage scales to get the weights before and after lol

M_C
29-07-19, 04:26 PM
I was thinking next time I might use some luggage scales to get the weights before and after lol

Trust me, you don't need any such thing... you'll find out more about that as flowering progresses.

scorpion
30-07-19, 08:21 PM
few pics i took earlier, some of the lower leaves are dying off you can see one of them on the third pic bottom right, they look pretty good but i'm not sure how they should be looking at this point lol, still feeling heavy from the water yesterday

374502 374503 374505 374504

Easy-T
30-07-19, 10:02 PM
looking good :Nice:

scorpion
31-07-19, 01:16 AM
Cheers m8 my last two grows (I tried to do) the longest one got to was 28 days lol so I’m buzzing that they have got to this point

M_C
31-07-19, 04:23 AM
few pics i took earlier, some of the lower leaves are dying off you can see one of them on the third pic bottom right, they look pretty good but i'm not sure how they should be looking at this point lol, still feeling heavy from the water yesterday

374502 374503 374505 374504

Yeah, they're fine, it's a combination of lack of light & leaf damage from when the soil was hot. Nothing at all to worry about :)

scorpion
31-07-19, 08:45 AM
Ok Niceone m8

scorpion
01-08-19, 06:37 PM
quick update, i checked on them earlier and they are looking pretty good, think they will need watering again tomoro from the weight, what do you think m8, obviously ignore the date the bastard camera froze so i had to take the battery out but forgot to change the time and date

374555 374556

scorpion
01-08-19, 06:41 PM
meant to ask what week i'll be needing the loupe for cheers

M_C
01-08-19, 07:27 PM
quick update, i checked on them earlier and they are looking pretty good, think they will need watering again tomoro from the weight

This is great, you are getting the hang of this... don't water until you need too :)

Cannabis does well with a wet/dry cycle but hates 'damp feet' - that was the main area that you were going wrong in before & why I have been trying to entrench it in your mind... and I think it's sticking :)

Don't fuss about cam dates, I don't notice them ;)

meant to ask what week i'll be needing the loupe for cheers

You'll want that for us to know when to chop, so the back end of flowering is when it'll be required... unless you like to watch things progressing ;)