PDA

View Full Version : hi im new

ball13us
02-12-07, 04:30 AM
hey everyone
Its a relief to know that forums like these are up and running strong. I am a regular cannabis smoker in need of some really good advice about my new grow project. I am currently a student who lives in a vary small dorm. My room mates are o.k with me growing as long as its "stealth." This means it would have to fit into my closet and now be very noticeable/loud. I have been doing a lot of research into so called "stealth" hydroponic grow boxes. I have about $650 dollars to spend and was looking very sceptically at a few models that mimic the design of a computer. I was wondering if anyone as any honest reviews on this product everything i have read seems to good to be true.
Another problem im worrying about is the seeds strain. I have a "friend" who brought me seeds from a seed bank in Amsterdam. The strain is "white widow" which apparently is on the taller side. This posses an issue of having enough space in the grow box. Anyways anyone who can help me please write back im in need of some advice. Thank you

Jeffisthebest
02-12-07, 09:14 AM
Hey man welcome

REP DA BAY!!!!!!!!

:)

lkdj2003
02-12-07, 03:01 PM
Hi and welcome to THC. :toke:

You could do with something like this (http://www.sunlightsheds.com/pc_planter.htm) and maybe grab yourself some seeds like lowryder or lowryder 2. With lowryders they are auto flowering and they stay nice and short. :)

Or you could build a box to the max size you can and paint the inside with flat white paint. Then make 4 x 2" holes around the bottom for passive air intakes. You will need an extraction fan up the top end of your grow space to draw out the heat and stale air, whilst at the same time drawing fresh air in through the holes you made. Envirolites are very good for the smaller grows because they don't run as hot as metal hallide or high power sodiums do. If you do choose envirolites then you will need a blue spec for vegging and a red spec for flowering.

But if you choose to grow lowryders then you can just use the red to save on the money.

Good luck with it all mate, if you need to know anything at all, just ask as we are all here to help. :pimped:

slim_tim
02-12-07, 05:55 PM
Welcome to the forum mate :D

Bitterfly
02-12-07, 06:46 PM
welcome mate :D

i think LKs pretty much covered all ground there!

ball13us
02-12-07, 08:36 PM
Is it impossible to grow a full size plant in something like the pc grow box from start to finish. I have white widow seeds

Bitterfly
02-12-07, 08:41 PM
Is it impossible to grow a full size plant in something like the pc grow box from start to finish. I have white widow seeds

no you'd be able to do it but you may need quite a bit of creative pruning and training so things dont get out of hand!

Cha-Cha Chong
04-12-07, 06:28 PM
Hello Welcome to the forum :D

Mum
07-12-07, 11:21 AM
It's not impossible but I really wouldn't bother growing plants in something the size of a pc case... I suppose you could just put them on 12/12 from day one and get some baby plants or go with what LK says and get some lowryders.

Midnight Toker
12-12-07, 09:27 AM
Hi & welcome to thctalk,

I'd agree with LK & Mum.

the WW will prob grow too tall for that setup quite quickly, best stick to a very short strain as advised above or you're gonna be busy keeping it trimmed.

good luck whatever you decide to do.

Growz
12-12-07, 11:07 AM
Hi m8

welcome to THC

Ragman
12-12-07, 11:38 AM
Hi ball13us, great intro, welcome to THC