PDA

View Full Version : A question from a beginner

Dr Joint
20-12-09, 10:56 PM
So, I'm quite new to weed since I started maybe 3-4 months ago (smoking on a regular basis that is, I had a few joints before) and I've been having lots of paranoid thoughts after smoking cheese (is that the strain name...or isn't it?)

I usually smoke Skunk and I'm fine afterwards but I had cheese 3 times recently and everytime I smoke it get really paranoid.

Is it the strain that's just not compatible with me seeing as I'm fine after skunk or does it mean I should quit? (I don't want to quit :'( )

So if you could please tell me if it's the strain or me that's giving me problems?

allmix
21-12-09, 12:42 AM
if you have only been smoking weed for 3/4 months most stains will put you on yer arse or make you para,but the cheese you tried is probably a good strong one.

Eggbox
21-12-09, 12:47 AM
It could be both mate - but I'd say it's the strain if you're able to smoke others fine. CBD, one of the cannabinoids in your bud is a known antipsychotic, and can counter the effects of the sometimes paranoia inducing THC in higher quantities. My recommendation would be to find strains with a higher CBD content :)

Dr Joint
21-12-09, 01:13 AM
It could be both mate - but I'd say it's the strain if you're able to smoke others fine. CBD, one of the cannabinoids in your bud is a known antipsychotic, and can counter the effects of the sometimes paranoia inducing THC in higher quantities. My recommendation would be to find strains with a higher CBD content :)
Thanks a lot.
What strains would that be? Is something like White Widow going in the right direction?
I don't really have a choice that wide as I'm not a grower and the stupid laws in the UK won't legalize the good stuff.
The things I currently can choose from are UK Cheese, Skunk, Super Skunk, W. Widdow, AK-47 (or is it 48?), Sativa and Hash of some sort...which would be the best? I've tried Widow once and I didn't get para at all, same with the hash.
Sorry about double post but my browser closed down when writting and it opened back with the part of the message still there.

Dr Joint
21-12-09, 01:29 AM
if you have only been smoking weed for 3/4 months most stains will put you on yer arse or make you para,but the cheese you tried is probably a good strong one.

Yeah...I any strain gets me high easily but the cheese seemed to be strong as my long time smoker friend shared it from his stash :P

Don't get me wrong, I liked the high is just I had crazy paranoia!

Eggbox
21-12-09, 02:20 AM
Deleted your wonky post for you :)

Not sure on the actual ratios of those strains off the top of my head(bit hazy) but will attempt to look them up for ya tomorrow! I'm going to bed in a minute, haha

I know many people who smoke pollen(a form of hash - ask what hash it is though as you can smoke some horrible hash filled with tyres, excrement and plastic bags, etc!!) because it's a lot lighter than bud, and find it less paranoia inducing alltogether - but most people I know tend to just find the right strain(s) for them :weed: White widow is a nice knockout smoke, shouldn't get much paranoia off that at all!

Dr Joint
21-12-09, 03:02 AM
Thanks man, I think I should go bed soon too :P
I tryed the hash it was good but I didn't enjoy the high as much as I enjoy Skunk/my one time widdow experience. It's not that it's bad is just a different high I guess. And yeah...widow pretty much knocked me out...and I just started smoking recently :P
P.S. Thanks for deleteing the post :P

born2toke
21-12-09, 03:52 AM
white widow THC: 16.60% CBD: 0.14% CBG: 0.1%
ak 48 Thc level High : 15%- 20% cant find CBD
ak47 Thc level High : 15% +
cheese Thc level High : 15% +

Cant find skunk or super skunk cos theres that many diff variations id go with the white widow by the looks of things happy tokin

Dr Joint
21-12-09, 12:56 PM
white widow THC: 16.60% CBD: 0.14% CBG: 0.1%
ak 48 Thc level High : 15%- 20% cant find CBD
ak47 Thc level High : 15% +
cheese Thc level High : 15% +

Cant find skunk or super skunk cos theres that many diff variations id go with the white widow by the looks of things happy tokin

Yeah, I think I'll go with widdow and skunk :P
Cheese is not for me I suppose

Grub
21-12-09, 03:02 PM
So, I'm quite new to weed since I started maybe 3-4 months ago (smoking on a regular basis that is, I had a few joints before) and I've been having lots of paranoid thoughts after smoking cheese (is that the strain name...or isn't it?)

I usually smoke Skunk and I'm fine afterwards but I had cheese 3 times recently and everytime I smoke it get really paranoid.

Is it the strain that's just not compatible with me seeing as I'm fine after skunk or does it mean I should quit? (I don't want to quit :'( )

So if you could please tell me if it's the strain or me that's giving me problems?

You've answered your own question mate... if Skunk suits ya, stick with that. ;)

Naxx
22-12-09, 03:59 AM
White widow for a beginner smoker (sorry to call you that no offence:))

isn't white widow a trippy high, a bit much for people who arent so used to different strains id say?

Dr Joint
22-12-09, 04:33 AM
White widow for a beginner smoker (sorry to call you that no offence:))

isn't white widow a trippy high, a bit much for people who arent so used to different strains id say?

Nothing offensive, I admit to being a noob.
Hey, the guy has supplies at pretty good prices, the shit is a trip so I see no reason not to :)