PDA

View Full Version : help me

ball13us
02-12-07, 04:35 AM
hey everyone
Its a relief to know that forums like these are up and running strong. I am a regular cannabis smoker in need of some really good advice about my new grow project. I am currently a student who lives in a vary small dorm. My room mates are o.k with me growing as long as its "stealth." This means it would have to fit into my closet and now be very noticeable/loud. I have been doing a lot of research into so called "stealth" hydroponic grow boxes. I have about $650 dollars to spend and was looking very sceptically at a few models that mimic the design of a computer. I was wondering if anyone as any honest reviews on this product everything i have read seems to good to be true.
Another problem im worrying about is the seeds strain. I have a "friend" who brought me seeds from a seed bank in Amsterdam. The strain is "white widow" which apparently is on the taller side. This posses an issue of having enough space in the grow box. Anyways anyone who can help me please write back im in need of some advice. Thank you
Edit/Delete Message

ManicVeg
02-12-07, 12:07 PM
yo dude

where in the world are you? and if in oz and the weather is good, i would go for an outdoor grow, in a dorm with roommates knowing is asking to get busted imho, peeps talk, gossip, brag etc etc etc.. you need somewhere only you know about unless you are growing with a mate.. security is the key to not getting caught, tell no one, and again i think if you are seriously thinking of growing in your dorm then you have to expect all the consequences that comes with getting caught..

find somewhere else mate.

Growz
02-12-07, 01:39 PM
High m8 :toke:

I would stay away from the pc grow boxes because they are just gonna cause you problem after problem and for the price they are you could get yourself a very nice set-up and some with the budget you have ($600 odd or something?).

as to strain i would go for a more indica variety because of yer height issues

only my opinion mind!

ball13us
02-12-07, 08:41 PM
well thank you all for your advice. Security in my case is not the issue...i am a certified medical cannabis card holder. Not sure how many of you are familiar with the ever improving laws in california but I am legally aloud to be in posesion of marijuana and grow it as well...as long as its under 10 plants. The room mate just dont want other students to know about it. But in terms of the pc grow box has anyone actually used one before?????Thank you for any help you can offer

Bitterfly
02-12-07, 08:43 PM
well thank you all for your advice. Security in my case is not the issue...i am a certified medical cannabis card holder. Not sure how many of you are familiar with the ever improving laws in california but I am legally aloud to be in posesion of marijuana and grow it as well...as long as its under 10 plants. The room mate just dont want other students to know about it. But in terms of the pc grow box has anyone actually used one before?????Thank you for any help you can offer

hmmm, well why dont you do a wardrobe grow or summit??

if you put a good lock on it hows anyone else gonna find out??

then you can use whatever equipment you want and space will not be an issue!

ball13us
02-12-07, 08:43 PM
hey me again...has anyone got any knowledge of this system??
http://www.hydroponic-growrooms.co.uk/page25.htm

ManicVeg
02-12-07, 09:05 PM
hell if you can gorw 10 plants without fear of persecution why the need for stealth? soz but there is a huge contradiction going on here, as if you are either allowed to grow or you aint.. and if you are allowed why go for stelath when you can get excellent results from 2 600w hps lamps... mahn if i was allwoed to grow 10 plants :bump::bump::bump:

ball13us
02-12-07, 09:20 PM
thanks for responding, to clarify the issue is not about the law or the getting into legal trouble. It just needs to be something small for personal use and the reason i say stealth is my room mate is kinda square so he dosnt want his g.f to know about it or his parents who sometimes drop by.

ManicVeg
02-12-07, 09:43 PM
screw his parents screw his girlfiriend, if you are allowed to grow 10 plants then you are allowed to grow 10 plants, the nuisance is no more than if you chose to grow 10 tomatoe plants, would you be asking about stealth for tomatoes? stand up for the rights you have been given and stop worrying what other may think.

MonkeyLuvver
02-12-07, 09:48 PM
screw his parents screw his girlfiriend, if you are allowed to grow 10 plants then you are allowed to grow 10 plants, the nuisance is no more than if you chose to grow 10 tomatoe plants, would you be asking about stealth for tomatoes? stand up for the rights you have been given and stop worrying what other may think.

Hell yeah :headbang: :guitar:.

Just tell him that in the last few weeks that it might get a little fragrant in the room at the end of it all. If he objects in any way then just whip out the card and make sure you're wearing "Blues Brothers" sunglasses and wearing a black suit and tie and say "Medical grower" and yes that IS legal ;).

Maybe a bit far off into a daze on my part but I think you'll get my drift :bigjoint:.

bergkamp
03-12-07, 05:34 PM
i wouldnt go for that system mate, for starters i grow with envirolites and because of the low lumens the plants stretch like fook. also it says on that advert that the bulb is dual spectrum - i might be wrong but i have never seen a dual spectrum enviro - blue spec for veg , red for flowering .
if you set on doing a pc case grow you could make your own set up for a fraction of that cost .
£249 for the case ,enviro and a bit of mylar? that is a absolute joke
you could put that together yourself for £50 tops.
do yourself a favour and convert a chest of drawers or something if you want to do a stealth grow .
but as said above if you are legally allowed to grow 10 plants , what the fuck has it got to do with anyone else ? if its for a medical reason what can they say? would they complain about you having any other medicine in your room?

ball13us
03-12-07, 07:24 PM
well thank you again....you see, here in california almost anyone with an exscuse and enough determination can aquire a medical growers and buyer card. While it is true it is my legal write to grow, its not easy for me to use the argument about my "post tramatic stress disorder" as a valid reason to grow out in the open.. i have to respect my room mates wishes we have been good friends for a long time. As for the system thank you all for the advice i will continue to study my options for setting up a small hydro grow box....i love the idea of converting the dresser. I just have no idea where to find plans for an easy build (Im not the most construction savy) If anyone has recomendations let me know. If possible i wanted to build one that could be somewhat self sufficient. (THAT WAS THE BIG DRAW TO THE ONLINE MODEL) Anways thanks for your help. :p

green_machine
05-12-07, 01:24 AM
This is about as automated as you can get on your scale, will require checking once every day or two.

Once you have dialed it in you could yield extremely well off this system.

This is based around a recirculating hydro system with drippers or ring feeders.
The pump in the res is on a timer and waters your plants when you tell it to and drains back into the res. You check the res and adjust the levels every day or so. And I would recommend a centrifugal fan of 150mm minimum as the exhaust (don't skimp here as you can attach a carbon filter to a CF). A passive inlet is just a hole - the curved ducting catches the escaping light.
Make your res tank at least 50l and your pump about 2500l/hr.
Lighting will depend on your space but a 400w will do a average cupboard of 0.8x1.2x2m.

As for what you need?
A cupboard, a drill, a jigsaw and a tape measure. Will cost as little as you can make it - depends how hard you want to look but it is definitely better than those joke PC grow things and will cost a fraction and yield heaps more1

What are you waiting for...?

green_machine :drool: