PDA

View Full Version : cupboard grow

homegrown121
21-12-09, 08:34 PM
been consemplating growing for a while now, but finally decided to go ahead with it, going to construct a box to fit in the closet but as you can see, there is alot of height. and it is 19.5inch deep and 13 inch wide. would like to keep it as 'less smelly' as possible, however i know this will obiously be hard, was thinking of getting some of those smell absorbers ive seen advertising on tv, the ones for the fridge and stuff, you recon those would work at all?
looking to either make my grow box out of plastic storage containers i.e. the CFL rubbermaid method, or make a box out of thin hardwood.
for the air circulation im looking to buy 2 pc fans for that and to help keep fresh air in im going to buy an aquatic 2 way air pump and buy some air rocks to go with it. not sure weather im gonna go soil or hydro, with this been my first grow i think soil would be more viable (working to a small budget of about £200) i was initially consemplating using an area with less height, so was looking at small plants like red dwarf and diesil lowrider, however im not sure what i want to use now, if you guys have any suggestions? looking for a blanced all rounder, so good yeild, strength, and doesnt smell too much. not sure what to use nutrient wise, so any help on that also would be appreciated.

King2SMoke
21-12-09, 08:54 PM
with a cfl you proberly only need one pc fan for extraction and have the other passive. as for the rest read up on small stealth grows.
peace

allmix
21-12-09, 09:14 PM
mate with 200 you could get a tent,filter,fan and maybe a light.

Mr_Bimble
28-12-09, 02:58 PM
How much headroom you got? If your thinking of growing lowrixer type plants then you might be able to make two rooms so you can stagger you crops - I'd go for a 200/250W cfl, line it with Mylar sheet, 100mm inline & filter which you should be able to source for about £120. Even a couple of plants will stink so odour control is the key!

You should be able to fit a pair of plant in that area if you stick to lowryder/autos 9" square pots would be a perfect fit