PDA

View Full Version : Ice and Bud grow Blackberry Autos in Coco (Mentored by Bud Lightyear)

Pages : [1] 2 3

IceCalibur
12-11-19, 09:40 PM
Let's get another grow on the go Talkers, same strain but this time in coco..thought it would be great to compare and learn coco at the same time :barmy:

Bud Lightyear is kindly teaching me the ways of the coco..I'm very happy and honoured to be a student of his :)

We will be growing 4 plants this time, and the seeds are already in water soaking ;

https://i.imgur.com/UmBVtsF.jpg

So after some chats with Bud for a while now, I ordered everything I need and it's all been delivered and we're now ready to go ;

EC Pen
PH Pen
CANNA Coco Professional Plus
CANNA Rhizotonic
CANNA Coco A & B
CANNA Pk13/14
Growth Technology - Liquid Silicon
PH up/down

For this particular grow we're going back to HID..I don't want to bring my inexperience with LEDs into the mix here.

Metal Halide Lamp - 250W
400W HPS
Rhino Pro Carbon Filter
GreenQube GQ100 1x1x2m Tent.
Shinobi Ultra 95 - 80cm Parabolic

RASTA
12-11-19, 09:47 PM
Should be good 1. You wont need it Ice, with Bud by your side. But good luck bro [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

IceCalibur
12-11-19, 09:55 PM
Should be good 1. You wont need it Ice, with Bud by your side. But good luck bro [emoji41]

Thank you RASTA, really excited to give coco a go mate :D

riot
13-11-19, 08:39 AM
This is gonna be one to watch :)

It's about time you started a diary mate :rvmp:

IceCalibur
13-11-19, 02:58 PM
This is gonna be one to watch :)

It's about time you started a diary mate :rvmp:

Lol yeahh, wasn't sure I'd see you pop into any diary of mine riot, but nice to see you here mate :laugh:

GEORGE
13-11-19, 03:41 PM
You:confused: confuse me with the Coco, but I will peak in once in A while, just see how things are going. Coco, just had A cup in my milk this morning, warms you up nicely. lol:xmas:

IceCalibur
13-11-19, 04:34 PM
You:confused: confuse me with the Coco, but I will peak in once in A while, just see how things are going. Coco, just had A cup in my milk this morning, warms you up nicely. lol:xmas:

Welcome aboard hotshot, nice to have you peek in fella :cool:

Bud, All the beans have sunk to the bottom..ok to stick them into the root riot plugs? :)

Bud Lightyear
13-11-19, 06:22 PM
Welcome aboard hotshot, nice to have you peek in fella :cool:

Bud, All the beans have sunk to the bottom..ok to stick them into the root riot plugs? :)

Yeah mate pop them in the cubes around 5mm deep, just keep them moist with water pH adjusted to 5.8...

Regards BL

IceCalibur
13-11-19, 07:01 PM
Yeah mate pop them in the cubes around 5mm deep, just keep them moist with water pH adjusted to 5.8...

Regards BL

Ok fantastic, that's now done..I'll update when I see signs of life :D

Back to chopping I go :harvest:

IceCalibur
17-11-19, 04:48 PM
Hey Bud, just posting to keep you updated mate..

The seedlings are all cracked, just waiting for them to release their shells... one of them came out a little earlier and is stretching, might also need help releasing that shell.. so I'll start wetting the shell carefully and give it a helping hand if needs be :)

We can always bury her a little deeper than the rest.

https://i.imgur.com/xUgs8UE.jpg https://i.imgur.com/DRgkuLU.jpg

Bud Lightyear
17-11-19, 08:45 PM
Hey Bud, just posting to keep you updated mate..

The seedlings are all cracked, just waiting for them to release their shells... one of them came out a little earlier and is stretching, might also need help releasing that shell.. so I'll start wetting the shell carefully and give it a helping hand if needs be :)

We can always bury her a little deeper than the rest.

https://i.imgur.com/xUgs8UE.jpg https://i.imgur.com/DRgkuLU.jpg

What light have you got them under mukka and do you have any small starter pots half litre or litre pots ?

Regards BL

IceCalibur
17-11-19, 08:50 PM
What light have you got them under mukka and do you have any small starter pots half litre or litre pots ?

Regards BL

None at the moment bud, I usually wait until they shed shells then I place them under a light :)

I'll be putting them under a 250MH Bulb..(probs a waste of electricity but, all I have at the moment).

These are autos mate, would it be ok to place them in their final pots from the start?...otherwise I'll have to search for some smaller pots tomorrow :)

IceCalibur
17-11-19, 08:56 PM
I also have some humidity domes we can use, if and when you give the nod :)

MrC
17-11-19, 09:00 PM
Nice one man, straight back on it, be interesting seeing the difference, good luck with, can't see you needing it though.

Bud Lightyear
17-11-19, 09:04 PM
None at the moment bud, I usually wait until they shed shells then I place them under a light :)

I'll be putting them under a 250MH Bulb..(probs a waste of electricity but, all I have at the moment).

These are autos mate, would it be ok to place them in their final pots from the start?...otherwise I'll have to search for some smaller pots tomorrow :)

Does it look like the shell casings are ready to be pried off ? If so get them done and get some light on them :) I would prefer starter pots because it will give you more control over water/feeding whilst they are still small, it's really easy to over saturate larger pots at this stage but it's your choice mate...

Regards BL

Sadface
17-11-19, 09:07 PM
No rest for the wicked bud lol ...all the best with these mukkas

IceCalibur
17-11-19, 09:09 PM
Does it look like the shell casings are ready to be pried off ? If so get them done and get some light on them :) I would prefer starter pots because it will give you more control over water/feeding whilst they are still small, it's really easy to over saturate larger pots at this stage but it's your choice mate...

Regards BL

I think a few need a tadge more time, I'll keep softening up the casing with some water droplets to help them along :)

No worries Bud, I can check for smaller pots in my shed tomorrow (too dark for me to see out there right now).

I will update you ASAP :D

IceCalibur
17-11-19, 09:11 PM
Nice one man, straight back on it, be interesting seeing the difference, good luck with, can't see you needing it though.

Welcome to the diary MrCannab1sir :)

Yeah I thought I'd give coco a try and also compare with same strain.

No rest for the wicked bud lol ...all the best with these mukkas

Cheers Sad, welcome mate :)

Bud Lightyear
17-11-19, 09:12 PM
I think a few need a tadge more time, I'll keep softening up the casing with some water droplets to help them along :)

No worries Bud, I can check for smaller pots in my shed tomorrow (too dark for me to see out there right now).

I will update you ASAP :D

Make sure they have a good clean if you digging them out of the shed mukka :)

Regards BL

IceCalibur
17-11-19, 09:16 PM
Make sure they have a good clean if you digging them out of the shed mukka :)

Regards BL

I've just ordered some brand new 1L ones, will be with us latest 1pm tomorrow mate :D

Best not to take any chances with potential pests.

Herbitual
17-11-19, 09:58 PM
Brilliant. I can get one more soil cycle in while this goes on and then just copy it. ;-)

Textbook grow, please, gentlemen.

IceCalibur
17-11-19, 10:02 PM
Brilliant. I can get one more soil cycle in while this goes on and then just copy it. ;-)

Textbook grow, please, gentlemen.

Welcome Herb, I'll follow Buds directions to the letter (and numbers lol)..looking forward to trying this coco out, even if I still prefer soil after this..I'm just happy to give it a whirl :)

Squaggy
18-11-19, 01:17 AM
Right can’t believe I missed this but I’m in mukkas and yeah Ice keep the LED in the box mate good idea lmao.

IceCalibur
18-11-19, 01:20 AM
Right can’t believe I missed this but I’m in mukkas and yeah Ice keep the LED in the box mate good idea lmao.

Hahaha ffs Squaggy :laugh::laugh: ..truth is mate I didn't wanna bring an unknown to the table, if things started to go wrong because of my inexperience with the LEDs, then it would have just been a separate issue to try and figure out lol.

I'll def be using the LED's for summer grows ;)

Welcome aboard mate, nice to have you along for the journey :D

IceCalibur
18-11-19, 01:40 AM
Also just to note, after discussing with Bud..we're going to do two of these girls in 1L starter pots, then transplanting them and the other two will be planted straight into their final pots

Buds great idea to compare and see if the myth is true regarding autos and the general consensus to never transplant them :)

Should be interesting!

IceCalibur
18-11-19, 12:16 PM
Right ok Bud, so I've pried off the shells and now just waiting on the 1L pots for the two of them (they should be arriving soon) :)

Background EC is 0.6 ..I do have some bottled water we can dilute my tap water with so let me know what you would like me to do next mate.

Pics ;

https://i.imgur.com/De2lTQj.png

https://i.imgur.com/TJ5RFBY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/h7hvJMv.jpg

I also noticed we may have one seedling with three cotyledons :)

Bud Lightyear
18-11-19, 05:36 PM
Pot them up when your ready mate...Water in with just water with 2ml per litre Rhizo pH to 5.6 the background Ec @ 0.6 is ok...

Regards BL

IceCalibur
18-11-19, 05:47 PM
Pot them up when your ready mate...Water in with just water with 2ml per litre Rhizo pH to 5.6 the background Ec @ 0.6 is ok...

Regards BL

Right ok, no problem at all, I'll pot them up now and won't dilute my tap water with bottled water then..I'll update when completed :)

IceCalibur
18-11-19, 06:21 PM
Ok Bud so after I added the Rhizo, the EC has risen to 0.7 ..ok to proceed mate?

Bud Lightyear
18-11-19, 06:24 PM
Ok Bud so after I added the Rhizo, the EC has risen to 0.7 ..ok to proceed mate?

Fine mukka crack on :)

Regards BL

IceCalibur
18-11-19, 07:50 PM
Fine mukka crack on :)

Regards BL

Right, that went very well..funnily enough, the EC went back down to 0.6 once we added PH down to achieve our PH of 5.8 :)

I've raised the smaller pots to the same height as the ones in the final pots.

Currently under 250W MH bulb.

Some pics :D

https://i.imgur.com/XkN3IGN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8kT3xWo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KgwceH7.jpg

Ok so I'm thinking we don't need to achieve run off yet with the final pots Bud?..but we do with the smaller pots?

I'll update with temperature and humidity as soon as the environment settles in :)

Bud Lightyear
18-11-19, 08:02 PM
Right, that went very well..funnily enough, the EC went back down to 0.6 once we added PH down to achieve our PH of 5.8 :)

I've raised the smaller pots to the same height as the ones in the final pots.

Currently under 250W MH bulb. Ok so I'm thinking we don't need to achieve run off yet with the final pots Bud?..but we do with the smaller pots?

I'll update with temperature and humidity as soon as the environment settles in :)

pH was meant to be 5.6 mukka but no worries as long as we fluctuate a little as we go along its all good....No need for runoff on either at this stage the trick is little and often whilst the roots become established...

Regards BL

IceCalibur
18-11-19, 08:25 PM
pH was meant to be 5.6 mukka but no worries as long as we fluctuate a little as we go along its all good....No need for runoff on either at this stage the trick is little and often whilst the roots become established...

Regards BL

Lol bloody hell, what made me think that was 5.8.. I will never know...I'll double check next time, sorry mate.

Ok wonderful, will carry on with my little and often.

I'll do the same every day until you tell me otherwise (this time with a PH of 5.6) LOL :)

IceCalibur
18-11-19, 10:08 PM
So I guess we call this Day 1 :)

Temps - 27c

Humidity - 66%

Bud, I've also added domes onto the girls, that ok mate, if not I can remove? :)

Bud Lightyear
18-11-19, 10:49 PM
So I guess we call this Day 1 :)

Temps - 27c

Humidity - 66%

Bud, I've also added domes onto the girls, that ok mate, if not I can remove? :)

Remove the domes mate it makes the root production lazy...They want the water uptake via the roots not the leaves :)

Regards BL

IceCalibur
18-11-19, 11:19 PM
Remove the domes mate it makes the root production lazy...They want the water uptake via the roots not the leaves :)

Regards BL

Removed.. no worries at all, and glad I mentioned it now :)

RASTA
18-11-19, 11:21 PM

Regards BL
Lol bloody hell, what made me think that was 5.8.. I will never know...I'll double check next time, sorry mate.

Ok wonderful, will carry on with my little and often.

I'll do the same every day until you tell me otherwise (this time with a PH of 5.6) LOL :)Lol. No paying attention Ice [emoji23]

IceCalibur
18-11-19, 11:29 PM
Lol. No paying attention Ice [emoji23]

I still can't understand how I saw a 6 as an 8 ffs lol :laugh:

Need to go to specsavers lol

IceCalibur
19-11-19, 12:50 AM
Ok so with dome off, here are the updated temps and humidity levels :)

https://i.imgur.com/ISFFxNF.jpg

IceCalibur
19-11-19, 05:29 PM
Here are lights out stats Bud :)

https://i.imgur.com/yyxwuY9.jpg

I left some water to sit overnight and made up the Rhizo feed 2mpl @ EC 0.6 and a PH of 5.6 ..I'll let this sit for an hour or two, then re-check PH again before watering when lights come on.

Seedlings are currently on 20/4, but the last time I grew this strain out, one of the girls was drooping every day a few hours before lights out, so I read the breeders recommendation of this strain which is to put them on 18/6..she immediately stopped drooping...this may have been a coincidence, but if it does happen again we can always lower if need be.

If you want a specific light cycle let me know and I'll place them on that too Bud :)

Bud Lightyear
19-11-19, 05:35 PM
I prefer lights on 24/7 keeps the environment stable....How far is your light away mukka ?

Regards BL

IceCalibur
19-11-19, 06:13 PM
I prefer lights on 24/7 keeps the environment stable....How far is your light away mukka ?

Regards BL

24/7 light schedule..activated :)

The 250W MH is currently 30 inches away from these seedlings Bud, let me know and I can adjust.

Bud Lightyear
19-11-19, 06:26 PM
24/7 light schedule..activated :)

The 250W MH is currently 30 inches away from these seedlings Bud, let me know and I can adjust.

Lower it till you achieve 25~26c at pot level....You want a small fan blowing between the lamp and tops of the plants....We don't want a gale force wind, the seedlings should just be gently fluttering in the breeze you may have to piss about with the positioning of the fan to get it just right...

Regards BL

IceCalibur
19-11-19, 06:38 PM
Lower it till you achieve 25~26c at pot level....You want a small fan blowing between the lamp and tops of the plants....We don't want a gale force wind, the seedlings should just be gently fluttering in the breeze you may have to piss about with the positioning of the fan to get it just right...

Regards BL

On it Bud, will get on this now mate :)

In the meantime here are some pics (I won't bore you all with pics every day I promise) lol..I want to show the seedling with the three cotyledons :D

Pictures were taken straight after their watering.

Three cotyledons ;

https://i.imgur.com/T3Wo3i9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Y2Vs0MB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iWuBp8z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ggnN6Rl.jpg

IceCalibur
19-11-19, 06:49 PM
I can already see which two will have the most purpling even at this early stage :)

Herbitual
19-11-19, 07:04 PM
I still can't understand how I saw a 6 as an 8 ffs lol :laugh:

Need to go to specsavers lol

It's probably number blindness between the 5.8pH and the 0.6 EC when discussed with a partner...I mean, fuck me, it was hard enough agreeing which ride next at Disneyland with my ex-wife let alone growing weed with her.

Herbitual
19-11-19, 07:08 PM
Unless they were your hands, Ice?

IceCalibur
19-11-19, 07:11 PM
Unless they were your hands, Ice?

Lol not my hands Herb...those are indeed my Mrs hands helping me as I took the pics :D

Yeah, it was probably a little bit of that going on too lol

IceCalibur
19-11-19, 07:12 PM
Oh and Bud..how close to the seedlings before you'd call it too close mate?

I'm fiddling with the distances etc

Herbitual
19-11-19, 07:17 PM
Lol not my hands Herb...

Too late. ;-)

Bud Lightyear
19-11-19, 07:20 PM
Oh and Bud..how close to the seedlings before you'd call it too close mate?

I'm fiddling with the distances etc

About 18 inch at this stage would be good if achievable...It's not so much the light intensity but the heat that can be an issue, around 25c is perfect :)

Regards BL

IceCalibur
19-11-19, 07:31 PM
About 18 inch at this stage would be good if achievable...It's not so much the light intensity but the heat that can be an issue, around 25c is perfect :)

Regards BL

Ok thank you, working on it now :)

IceCalibur
19-11-19, 08:38 PM
Ok Bud, so at 18 inches we have the following stats ;

https://i.imgur.com/VcbFTBr.jpg

This will lower to roughly 25c overnight, this ok mate? :)

IceCalibur
19-11-19, 08:59 PM
I could raise the lights to achieve the 25c now, but it will reduce to 24c overnight :)

IceCalibur
19-11-19, 10:02 PM
Also, just to let you know..I do have a humidifier, so an option if you would like me to get running.

I have some rhizo feed left over from today's watering Bud..would it be ok to keep it for tomorrow as long as I check the PH to make sure it's at 5.6 ?..or would you rather make a fresh batch daily mate?

Bud Lightyear
19-11-19, 10:39 PM
Ok Bud, so at 18 inches we have the following stats ; This will lower to roughly 25c overnight, this ok mate? :)

That will be fine, just keep an eye for any signs of distress like wilting but you should be ok..

Also, just to let you know..I do have a humidifier, so an option if you would like me to get running.

I have some rhizo feed left over from today's watering Bud..would it be ok to keep it for tomorrow as long as I check the PH to make sure it's at 5.6 ?..or would you rather make a fresh batch daily mate?

Yeah the RH looks on the low side it might be a good idea to crank the humidifier up.....The Rhizo solution will be fine to use tomorrow :)

Regards BL

IceCalibur
19-11-19, 10:42 PM
That will be fine, just keep an eye for any signs of distress like wilting but you should be ok..

Yeah the RH looks on the low side it might be a good idea to crank the humidifier up.....The Rhizo solution will be fine to use tomorrow :)

Regards BL

Ok cheers and no worries, will keep my eye on them, and stick the humidifier in :)

Bud Lightyear
19-11-19, 10:50 PM
Ok cheers and no worries, will keep my eye on them, and stick the humidifier in :)

Actually plonk your Humidity meter on the top of the coco for a while the RH will be higher there so you might be ok...

Regards BL

IceCalibur
19-11-19, 11:07 PM
Actually plonk your Humidity meter on the top of the coco for a while the RH will be higher there so you might be ok...

Regards BL

Yeah..it's actually been on top of the coco this entire time Bud, as shown in this pic mate ;

https://i.imgur.com/KgwceH7.jpg

Squaggy
19-11-19, 11:17 PM
Fuck me I thought this was mentoring for the Coco method not how to do ya shoe laces up and how to ride a bike etc lol.

Only joking Ice mukka looking good so far.. :nice:

IceCalibur
19-11-19, 11:25 PM
Fuck me I thought this was mentoring for the Coco method not how to do ya shoe laces up and how to ride a bike etc lol.

Only joking Ice mukka looking good so far.. :nice:

I'm just following Buds instructions Squaggy you cheeky sod lol :laugh:

Bud Lightyear
19-11-19, 11:31 PM
Yeah..it's actually been on top of the coco this entire time Bud, as shown in this pic mate ;

Fair enough :)

Fuck me I thought this was mentoring for the Coco method not how to do ya shoe laces up and how to ride a bike etc lol. Only joking Ice mukka looking good so far.. :nice:

Lol and we are f***ed...Ice is number blind and I can't see the humidity meter :)

Regards BL

IceCalibur
19-11-19, 11:34 PM
Fair enough :)

Lol and we are f***ed...Ice is number blind and I can't see the humidity meter :)

Regards BL

Haha we'll be perfectly fine Bud..reminds me of the movie 'See no Evil, Hear no Evil' :laugh:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81KXdyiGToL._RI_.jpg

Squaggy
19-11-19, 11:39 PM
I'm just following Buds instructions Squaggy you cheeky sod lol :laugh:

Was just pulling your leg Ice mate.. I’m in a bit of a cheeky / good mood with probably 30 zips of dank weed on its way to me and a nice holiday so excuse my exuberance at this time lol.

IceCalibur
19-11-19, 11:43 PM
Was just pulling your leg Ice mate.. I’m in a bit of a cheeky / good mood with probably 30 zips of dank weed on its way to me and a nice holiday so excuse my exuberance at this time lol.

Lol I know mate, I was joshing about too, no worries..and enjoy it you lucky so and so lol :)

scorpion
20-11-19, 01:36 PM
Only just seen this m8 good luck with the grow m8

IceCalibur
20-11-19, 03:32 PM
Only just seen this m8 good luck with the grow m8

Hey scorpion, thank you for peeking in and for the good luck :)

IceCalibur
20-11-19, 04:54 PM
Settled nicely, I'm not turning the humidifier on a crazy high level Bud, just on the lowest lvl to bump it up a tadge :)

https://i.imgur.com/yAzz38X.jpg

Bud Lightyear
20-11-19, 09:23 PM
Settled nicely, I'm not turning the humidifier on a crazy high level Bud, just on the lowest lvl to bump it up a tadge :)

https://i.imgur.com/yAzz38X.jpg

That will do for me mukka, pretty much dialed in :)

Regards BL

Gaz
21-11-19, 11:48 PM
Here it is lol :)

IceCalibur
22-11-19, 12:17 AM
Here it is lol :)

Welcome to the diary Gaz, glad to have you here :D

Gaz
22-11-19, 12:31 AM
Welcome to the diary Gaz, glad to have you here :D

Lol.gotta find herbs and Sads ect in a bit but meds worn off so probably do it tomorrow man as sleep isnt far away man. Lol

IceCalibur
22-11-19, 12:45 AM
Lol.gotta find herbs and Sads ect in a bit but meds worn off so probably do it tomorrow man as sleep isnt far away man. Lol

Yeahhh in your own time Gaz, you'll find them quickly though...both doing a cracking job as usual :)

IceCalibur
23-11-19, 10:44 PM
Little update Bud :)

Day 6

Temps - 25-26c

Humidity - 40-50%

I think I need to water the starter pots a little less, other than that, I think everything is going well.

Pics and a bonus video i thought might be helpful Bud :)

https://i.imgur.com/FIdNwfX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/C2h5lzp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NzJhDRQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jZgr57D.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROHXc9eEIsw&feature=youtu.be

RASTA
23-11-19, 11:09 PM
Tidy setup you running Ice. What size pots are those big ones m8?

IceCalibur
23-11-19, 11:09 PM
Tidy setup you running Ice. What size pots are those big ones m8?

Thanks bro, those big ones are 20L pots :)

Bud Lightyear
23-11-19, 11:10 PM
Look fine mate...The watering is ok as it is for now, another couple of days and we can start feeding....2ml per litre rhizo and equal amount of A & B to an Ec 0.2 above base, pH @ 5.6..

Regards BL

IceCalibur
23-11-19, 11:15 PM
Look fine mate...The watering is ok as it is for now, another couple of days and we can start feeding....2ml per litre rhizo and equal amount of A & B to an Ec 0.2 above base, pH @ 5.6..

Regards BL

Ok fantastic, thank you mate... so two more days of the same, then switch it up to your updated directions on Tuesday (I'll post on Tuesday once done) :)

RASTA
23-11-19, 11:18 PM
Gonna be monsters in them pots m8.

IceCalibur
23-11-19, 11:23 PM
Gonna be monsters in them pots m8.

Yeahh I could have gone with 15L for the autos RASTA bro but, will be doing photos too so took that into consideration :D

They have all the room they need to spread..but the autos most likely won't fill them completely.

Bud Lightyear
24-11-19, 05:53 PM
Ok fantastic, thank you mate... so two more days of the same, then switch it up to your updated directions on Tuesday (I'll post on Tuesday once done) :)

Start feeding tomorrow mukka...

Regards BL

IceCalibur
24-11-19, 06:14 PM
Start feeding tomorrow mukka...

Regards BL

Roger that mate..looking forward to trying out this A+B, and we also have silicon we can use whenever you give the nod :)

IceCalibur
24-11-19, 06:17 PM
Just a question Bud, I might be totally wrong here..but are we shooting for a PH of 5.6 to help lock out the heavy calcium in my water? :)

Bud Lightyear
24-11-19, 06:19 PM
Roger that mate..looking forward to trying out this A+B, and we also have silicon we can use whenever you give the nod :)

It's a bit tricky mixing small amounts but you will soon get the hang of it mukka just takes a bit of practice...

Regards BL

Bud Lightyear
24-11-19, 06:32 PM
Just a question Bud, I might be totally wrong here..but are we shooting for a PH of 5.6 to help lock out the heavy calcium in my water? :)

5.6 is our starting point, we are looking to fluctuate the pH as we go along to ensure we have the full range of nutrients available for uptake...So we are just covering all the bases really...

https://i.ibb.co/tZQ9Bj8/p-H-chart7-1.jpg

Regards BL

IceCalibur
24-11-19, 06:54 PM
5.6 is our starting point, we are looking to fluctuate the pH as we go along to ensure we have the full range of nutrients available for uptake...So we are just covering all the bases really...

Regards BL

Ahhh ok I see, the chart I was looking at, was showing calcium being locked out at below a PH of 6, hence my question..but yep, I get it mate :)

IceCalibur
25-11-19, 02:36 AM
I wanted to be prepared for tomorrow.. so I did some trial runs to see if I could get the desired EC and PH :)

It was actually much easier and faster to get where I wanted..

I started with the Rhizo @ 2ml per litre, then I added 0.1ml of A and 0.1ml of B which gave me an EC of 0.1 above my base, so just added 0.1ml more at a time, till I reached my desired EC.

So right now to reach my desired EC range of 0.2 above base (my base being 0.6) I added the following ;

(Per Litre)

0.3ml A + 0.3ml B = 0.8 (+2 above base), which included the 2ml per litre of Rhizo.

I then added 18 drops of PH down to hit a PH of 5.6.

(This is to record for future reference).

IceCalibur
25-11-19, 04:27 PM
Ok one girl is drooping a little, (it's one of the girls in the starter pots)..I'm not overly worried Bud but I'm keeping my eye on her :)

I checked and calibrated both my PH pen and EC pen.

Day 8

Temps - 25-26c
Humidity - 40-55%

I've watered the girls with ;

2ml per litre Rhizo
A+B @ an Ec of 0.8 (+ 0.2 above base)
PH - 5.6

All seems to be going nicely.

I can take a pic of the drooping girl if you wish Bud :)

Bud Lightyear
25-11-19, 04:57 PM
Ok one girl is drooping a little, (it's one of the girls in the starter pots)..I'm not overly worried Bud but I'm keeping my eye on her :)

I checked and calibrated both my PH pen and EC pen.

Day 8

Temps - 25-26c
Humidity - 40-55%

I've watered the girls with ;

2ml per litre Rhizo
A+B @ an Ec of 0.8 (+ 0.2 above base)
PH - 5.6

All seems to be going nicely.

I can take a pic of the drooping girl if you wish Bud :)

Yeah get some pics up mukka lets have a butchers...

Regards BL

IceCalibur
25-11-19, 05:16 PM
Yeah get some pics up mukka lets have a butchers...

Regards BL

Ok Bud, so the medium was completely dry today for the two start pot girls (they were good and wet yesterday)

Here is a pic roughly an hour after I watered her ;

https://i.imgur.com/ildManT.jpg

It's possible, she got too wet then too dry.

The other three look happy.

M_C
25-11-19, 05:28 PM
You guys snucked this one past me ;) - I'll keep an eye on this :)

IceCalibur
25-11-19, 05:29 PM
Oh and just to clarify..she was dropping yesterday too very slightly.

IceCalibur
25-11-19, 05:29 PM

Hey M_C, nice to have you along mate, exciting to be trying coco out :)

Squaggy
25-11-19, 06:13 PM

Missed Bud mentoring me though boss :(

IceCalibur
25-11-19, 06:46 PM
Here is a pic of under the start pot of the girl drooping Bud ..(the other start pot also showing roots)..

So it COULD be that her root got a little damaged under the pot, whilst I was doing my daily turning of the pots..and she didn't like it :)

https://i.imgur.com/J4oXysh.jpg

IceCalibur
25-11-19, 06:58 PM
Oh and Herb...that's not my hand lol

Bud Lightyear
25-11-19, 08:57 PM
Keep bollocking plenty water/feed through the smaller pots mukka don't allow them to dry out, do them twice daily if needed :)

Regards BL

IceCalibur
25-11-19, 09:03 PM
Keep bollocking plenty water/feed through the smaller pots mukka don't allow them to dry out, do them twice daily if needed :)

Regards BL

Right ok mate, I won't allow them to dry out at all, no worries :)

M_C
26-11-19, 12:51 PM
Missed Bud mentoring me though boss :(

I was in & out that thread often ;)

Easy-T
26-11-19, 05:06 PM
Just found this ice good luck don't think you'll
need it with buds guidance, you'll love the coco mate

Squaggy
26-11-19, 05:23 PM
I was in & out that thread often ;)

And ? :eek:

IceCalibur
26-11-19, 07:33 PM
Just found this ice good luck don't think you'll
need it with buds guidance, you'll love the coco mate

Cheers Easy, nice to have you along mate and yep I'm very happy to be mentored by Bud :)

IceCalibur
26-11-19, 09:37 PM
Thought I'd update you on the drooping girl and others Bud :)

Day 9

Checked and calibrated PH pen and Ec pen again today..I also purchased a second PH pen, to help with accuracy.

Watered girls today with ;

Rhizo 2ml Per Litre
A+B @ Ec of 0.8 (+0.2 above base)
PH of 5.6

The good news is she is no longer drooping mate, but they do look a little on the yellow side and I see 3 out of the 4 have very tiny small brown spots developing. I have taken some shots to perhaps help you see it (difficult to see I know) :)

https://i.imgur.com/R3kQQXH.jpg

Can see it on this one a little easier
https://i.imgur.com/5EwCBRe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vOSsQmF.jpg

This one seems unaffected so far
https://i.imgur.com/aarH5NH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/X1eHl3w.jpg

I tried to do a closeup of the brown spot as best I could here ;

https://i.imgur.com/AMUJRp4.jpg

Bud Lightyear
26-11-19, 11:05 PM
Up the feed by 0.1 they should be ok once they start feeding :)

Regards BL

IceCalibur
26-11-19, 11:11 PM
Up the feed by 0.1 they should be ok once they start feeding :)

Regards BL

Right on and will do Bud, upping the feed to 0.9 tomorrow :)

I blame my crappy water mate lol.

I have a second PH pen coming tomorrow, just to make sure of accuracy.

IceCalibur
27-11-19, 05:30 PM
Right..so, I just wanna share this with you all, as it has blown my mind..

Roughly a month back I ordered an EC pen on Amazon (direct), unfortunately they sent me a PH pen...no problems after complaining they gave me a discount on next order etc..

So I thought, I'll give them a chance and order their PH pen, and this time they will send me a PH pen...nope, they sent me an EC pen this time LOL :laugh::laugh:

You couldn't make it up..

Anyway, bud, I mixed up the following and watered them today ;

(For 3 litres of water), one litre each for the big girls, and half a litre each for the starter pot girls.

6ml of Rhizo
1ml of A + 1ml of B = 0.9 Ec

PH = 5.6

IceCalibur
28-11-19, 09:21 PM
I thought I'd upload a short video for you today :)

Apologies for the slight shaking of camera..not feeling 100% today.

The girls fresh leaves are looking great, the colour has returned to their leaves...I'm really liking how quickly they respond to the changes in coco.

Day 11

0.9 Ec + 5.6 PH

https://youtu.be/8V8bt6-ubxk

GEORGE
29-11-19, 12:16 PM
I thought I'd upload a short video for you today :)

Apologies for the slight shaking of camera..not feeling 100% today.

The girls fresh leaves are looking great, the colour has returned to their leaves...I'm really liking how quickly they respond to the changes in coco.

Day 11

0.9 Ec + 5.6 PH

https://youtu.be/8V8bt6-ubxk

Nice video ICE, but next time tell us what is going on. lol

RASTA
29-11-19, 02:43 PM
Nice video ICE, but next time tell us what is going on. lolAt least he can post videos [emoji1787]

GEORGE
29-11-19, 04:12 PM
At least he can post videos [emoji1787]

You got me on that one. hahahaha I just saying I can hear that fan running, just needs to work those jaws. lol

IceCalibur
29-11-19, 05:47 PM
Nice video ICE, but next time tell us what is going on. lol

Hahaha cheers hotshot, I don't think anyone wants to hear me droning on about the girls man lol :laugh:

It's also to give Bud another view of the girls :)

riot
30-11-19, 03:03 AM
Nice vid Ice. You can really see the purple on the bottom 2 plants :)

CityDweller
30-11-19, 03:48 PM
Removed.. no worries at all, and glad I mentioned it now :)Just found this grow! 36 posts in and I learn something new! Makes me want to run to the ten and remove my dome.

IceCalibur
30-11-19, 05:42 PM
Nice vid Ice. You can really see the purple on the bottom 2 plants :)

Hey riot, was wondering when you might pop in LOL :laugh:

Yep, out of the four..one is reaaally purple, very similar to the one I showed with the purple stem on my previous grow of them.

Just found this grow! 36 posts in and I learn something new! Makes me want to run to the ten and remove my dome.

I actually have never used domes before CD (I always felt they may cause problems), I thought I'd buy some in case Bud wanted me to use them (I should have asked him before lol).

That's what these diaries are about really..for us all to grow, experiment and find our own better way of growing :)

Thanks for peeking in guys.

Bud Lightyear
01-12-19, 07:51 PM
Any fresh pics Ice ?

Regards BL

IceCalibur
01-12-19, 07:53 PM
Any fresh pics Ice ?

Regards BL

Lol you read my mind mate, I've just now finished taking the pics :D

Will be up asap.

IceCalibur
01-12-19, 07:59 PM
Update on the girls..they do seem small for their age, but I'm hoping once they get going, they will explode :)

Day 15

Temps - 25-26c
Humidity - 45-55%

EC - 0.9
PH - 5.6

Fresh pics ;

https://i.imgur.com/rSKtbau.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gKBhTjP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ca8LrEF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qvm6n8G.jpg

Cleargreen
01-12-19, 08:05 PM
I'll be peaking in from time to time as well Ice, not to often though as I don't want to catch this coco bug that has claimed so many others on the forum already :laugh:

Bud Lightyear
01-12-19, 08:06 PM
Slight miscalculation on when to start feeding on my part there Ice, nothing to worry about though...Up the Ec to 1.0 and pH @ 5.8 now mukka...

Regards BL

IceCalibur
01-12-19, 08:09 PM
I'll be peaking in from time to time as well Ice, not to often though as I don't want to catch this coco bug that has claimed so many others on the forum already :laugh:

Haha, you're welcome anytime Cg mate...yeah I'm liking coco so far..it's nice to see the leaves are not so dark green, which I always tend to see in soil, but so far they are a little behind for their age...but I reckon they will start going off soon enough :)

IceCalibur
01-12-19, 08:11 PM
Slight miscalculation on when to start feeding on my part there Ice, nothing to worry about though...Up the Ec to 1.0 and pH @ 5.8 now mukka...

Regards BL

Not worried at all Bud and no problem at all, and will adjust to your updated information, tomorrow mate :)

IceCalibur
02-12-19, 07:10 PM
Just a quick post Bud to let you know the girls have now been watered/fed with the updated EC + PH :)

Into 3 litres (which left out for 24hrs) I added ; (1 litre each for the big pots, half a litre each for the start pots)

6ml of Rhizo
1.7ml A+B = EC of 1.0
40 drops of PH down = 5.8 (measured twice)..oh and I still haven't received my second PH pen ffs lol.

Plenty of nice roots to be seen at the bottom of the start pots now too mate :)

LewisR19
02-12-19, 07:13 PM
How are you finding getting used to feeding in coco Ice mate?
Definitely on my list to suss out next year:)

IceCalibur
02-12-19, 07:25 PM
How are you finding getting used to feeding in coco Ice mate?
Definitely on my list to suss out next year:)

I find it fun to be honest Lewis..I like the control, and I do really like the medium in that it is wet and not wet all at the same time, the roots can't get clogged or suffocated (unless the seedlings are super young)...it's very airy.

I got used to it VERY quickly...but I do like precision, so I end up calibrating my EC and PH pens perhaps more times than I should, checking and double checking to avoid issues :)

It's enjoyable, more work than soil, but it's something I would rather do for more control and better results.

You should definitely give it a whirl..in fact I would recommend that all growers give it a try at least once :)

LewisR19
02-12-19, 07:47 PM
I find it fun to be honest Lewis..I like the control, and I do really like the medium in that it is wet and not wet all at the same time, the roots can't get clogged or suffocated (unless the seedlings are super young)...it's very airy.

I got used to it VERY quickly...but I do like precision, so I end up calibrating my EC and PH pens perhaps more times than I should, checking and double checking to avoid issues :)

It's enjoyable, more work than soil, but it's something I would rather do for more control and better results.

You should definitely give it a whirl..in fact I would recommend that all growers give it a try at least once :)

My first ever grow was with coco, using a proper naff EC and ph pen. No idea how I managed to finish but I did :laugh:
I will definitely be converting over, the control factor wins it for me :)

IceCalibur
02-12-19, 07:56 PM
My first ever grow was with coco, using a proper naff EC and ph pen. No idea how I managed to finish but I did :laugh:
I will definitely be converting over, the control factor wins it for me :)

I'll keep an eye out for your future coco grows :D

Although naff..they must have been accurate enough hey lol.

IceCalibur
03-12-19, 08:34 PM
Thought I'd do an update as I wanted to add a few things for when I look back and to show you some slight changes happening Bud :)

Day 17

Temps - 25-26c
Humidity - 45-55%

EC - 1.0
PH - 5.8

Now the way I was adding my feed to reach my desired EC level was to add 0.1ml at a time, and when I reach it, I would stop..the issue with this method was that once I added the PH down the EC would drop by .1

What this told me was that I was merely reaching the very LOWER limit of the EC range targeted..so the following was happening ;

(in 3 litres of water) 1.7ml A+B = EC of 1.0

BUT with the drops of PH down to reach the desired PH range..once I checked again it had dropped down to 0.9

So I did some testing again..thinking that perhaps pushing it to the UPPER limits of the desired EC range would be better, as the PH down once added would not be enough to dilute the feed back down by .1

Here are my updated stats ;

(in 3 litres of water) 2ml A+B = EC of 1.0

With 37 drops of PH down to reach my desired 5.8 the EC remained at an EC of 1.0 :D

On a different note, one of the girls is showing some minor spotting appearing on the leaves Bud..I created a video, it's the girl in the big pot to the left :)

I also noticed on the two starter pots..the stems were looking almost 'stripped', that can be seen nearer the end of the video...could be where they are simply growing, but haven't seen that before in this particular way..so will keep my eye on.

Two of my thermometers are reading 25-26c and one is reading 23c lol.

Here is the video Bud mate :)

Managed to achieve 1080p!

https://youtu.be/rAWHWIXMbNE

LewisR19
03-12-19, 08:42 PM
Looking tip top in there ice mate :) very clean set up indeed.

IceCalibur
03-12-19, 08:45 PM
Looking tip top in there ice mate :) very clean set up indeed.

Thank you Lewis, I've actually ordered in some garland type trays..and will be angled slightly to run away from the pots, I don't want them sitting in any water for any period of time (they seem to drain over hours).

I also think I need to slow down my watering on the two starter pots..the water might be rising and soaking the stems at the bottom daily (for roughly 3-4 seconds) :)

Bud Lightyear
03-12-19, 08:59 PM
You got any cal-mag Ice ?

Regards BL

Cleargreen
03-12-19, 09:22 PM

Why did you have to say this Ice? Now I'm starting to think about using that SIP bucket I made earlier this year because they kinda do this as well if your soil mix in good, keep things wet without allowing the soil to be too wet.

Your plants are looking good btw :)

IceCalibur
03-12-19, 09:39 PM
You got any cal-mag Ice ?

Regards BL

I do have some Plant Magic Magne-Cal mate ...my water does have a lot of calcium already though (320 total hardness) ;

https://i.imgur.com/tYC5sQr.jpg

IceCalibur
03-12-19, 09:40 PM
Why did you have to say this Ice? Now I'm starting to think about using that SIP bucket I made earlier this year because they kinda do this as well if your soil mix in good, keep things wet without allowing the soil to be too wet.

Your plants are looking good btw :)

Do it CG!!!..you'll bloody love the results I'll bet lol :D

Thank you mate.

IceCalibur
03-12-19, 09:41 PM
Oh and I have some Epsom salts for magnesium :)

IceCalibur
03-12-19, 10:22 PM
Here's a close-up pic of the leaf Bud..

I remember this happened to me on my last grow of the same strain mate, I sprayed them with magne cal and it got worse..which led me to believe it was actually calcium toxicity (I assume that's what it was because of my total water hardness of 320).

Added an image of the PH and EC I forgot to add earlier lol.

https://i.imgur.com/LI5SdMq.jpg

Pic of the feed mixed up just before watering today :)

https://i.imgur.com/wHT9ImV.jpg

GEORGE
03-12-19, 10:33 PM
Thought I'd do an update as I wanted to add a few things for when I look back and to show you some slight changes happening Bud :)

Day 17

Temps - 25-26c
Humidity - 45-55%

EC - 1.0
PH - 5.8

Now the way I was adding my feed to reach my desired EC level was to add 0.1ml at a time, and when I reach it, I would stop..the issue with this method was that once I added the PH down the EC would drop by .1

What this told me was that I was merely reaching the very LOWER limit of the EC range targeted..so the following was happening ;

(in 3 litres of water) 1.7ml A+B = EC of 1.0

BUT with the drops of PH down to reach the desired PH range..once I checked again it had dropped down to 0.9

So I did some testing again..thinking that perhaps pushing it to the UPPER limits of the desired EC range would be better, as the PH down once added would not be enough to dilute the feed back down by .1

Here are my updated stats ;

(in 3 litres of water) 2ml A+B = EC of 1.0

With 37 drops of PH down to reach my desired 5.8 the EC remained at an EC of 1.0 :D

On a different note, one of the girls is showing some minor spotting appearing on the leaves Bud..I created a video, it's the girl in the big pot to the left :)

I also noticed on the two starter pots..the stems were looking almost 'stripped', that can be seen nearer the end of the video...could be where they are simply growing, but haven't seen that before in this particular way..so will keep my eye on.

Two of my thermometers are reading 25-26c and one is reading 23c lol.

Here is the video Bud mate :)

Managed to achieve 1080p!

https://youtu.be/rAWHWIXMbNE

Very nice ICE, looks like they are shooting on up there.

IceCalibur
03-12-19, 10:41 PM
Very nice ICE, looks like they are shooting on up there.

Thank you very much hotshot..yeah they are finally getting their legs going :D

Bud Lightyear
03-12-19, 11:06 PM
Here's a close-up pic of the leaf Bud..

I remember this happened to me on my last grow of the same strain mate, I sprayed them with magne cal and it got worse..which led me to believe it was actually calcium toxicity (I assume that's what it was because of my total water hardness of 320).

Added an image of the PH and EC I forgot to add earlier lol.

https://i.imgur.com/LI5SdMq.jpg

Pic of the feed mixed up just before watering today :)

Ok leave the cal-mag for now...It could be just because the feeding wasn't started quite early enough...Be careful when watering the small pots mukka try not to soak the bottom of the stem...Can you get a close up of the stems on the plants in the small pots ICE ?

Regards BL

IceCalibur
03-12-19, 11:09 PM
Ok leave the cal-mag for now...It could be just because the feeding wasn't started quite early enough...Be careful when watering the small pots mukka try not to soak the bottom of the stem...Can you get a close up of the stems on the plants in the small pots ICE ?

Regards BL

I'll get some close-ups of the stems for you now mate..

Yeah I'm going to make sure they don't get wet from here onwards, slowing my watering rate right down...never seen it before.

IceCalibur
03-12-19, 11:34 PM
I only watered fast in the last two waterings btw Bud, so there stem got wet twice now..won't be happening again, let's hope they will be ok :)

This one is slightly concerning;

https://i.imgur.com/1rAAXdj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Gj5ib2z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rCeW5cO.jpg

The second one doesn't look as bad ;

https://i.imgur.com/BfOfS63.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5z6TnIM.jpg

Never had this issue before to be honest Bud.

Trex
03-12-19, 11:41 PM
Hey boys .subbed up .just saw this [emoji1303] good luck ice . Youll need it with Bud [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Bud Lightyear
03-12-19, 11:44 PM
I only watered fast in the last two waterings btw Bud, so there stem got wet twice now..won't be happening again, let's hope they will be ok :)

This one is slightly concerning;

https://i.imgur.com/Gj5ib2z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rCeW5cO.jpg

The second one doesn't look as bad ;

https://i.imgur.com/BfOfS63.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5z6TnIM.jpg

Never had this issue before to be honest Bud.

I don't like the look of that mukka best get them into the large pots mate...

Regards BL

IceCalibur
03-12-19, 11:45 PM
I don't like the look of that mukka best get them into the large pots mate...

Regards BL

Hmm ok mate, would you say to cover the stem, or at this point keep that stem above the medium once potted up?

I'm thinking we keep the stems above the medium now?

IceCalibur
03-12-19, 11:52 PM
Hey boys .subbed up .just saw this [emoji1303] good luck ice . Youll need it with Bud [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Cheers Trex, more than welcome mate...Bud has been a diamond in all honesty :)

If anything goes wrong in here...will be on me, certainly not on him.

Bud Lightyear
04-12-19, 12:16 AM
Hmm ok mate, would you say to cover the stem, or at this point keep that stem above the medium once potted up?

I'm thinking we keep the stems above the medium now?

Yeah keep it at the same depth Ice we want to let it dry out a bit..

Regards BL

IceCalibur
04-12-19, 12:29 AM
Ok spot on and will do Bud :)

GreenIRL
04-12-19, 12:43 AM
Nice bit of info here lads [emoji16][emoji106] looking forward to this one I'll be following along too [emoji4]

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

IceCalibur
04-12-19, 12:46 AM
Nice bit of info here lads [emoji16][emoji106] looking forward to this one I'll be following along too [emoji4]

Welcome along Greenirl, nice to have you peek in man :)

RASTA
04-12-19, 12:53 AM
That's a weird one with the stem eh lads? Av never had a stem go like that....n am sure am pretty careless when watering.

Hopefully they gonna be ok Ice.

IceCalibur
04-12-19, 01:13 AM
That's a weird one with the stem eh lads? Av never had a stem go like that....n am sure am pretty careless when watering.

Hopefully they gonna be ok Ice.

Yeah strange one mate, I've done the same in soil many times..and never seen this happen, I'm starting to wonder if my water is just sooo bad, that with soil it buffers as much as it can, then issues show up when the soil can no longer buffer it (see last grow)...but with coco, no buffering? so the plant is more exposed to the crappy water? maybe I really don't know.

Would be interesting to try this again with 50-50 mix of RO water and my tap water in future :)

Bud Lightyear
04-12-19, 04:04 PM
Ice, just had another butchers at the vid....Looks like your humidifier is pumping damp air onto the plants ? Turn it off mate please..

Regards BL

IceCalibur
04-12-19, 08:25 PM
Ice, just had another butchers at the vid....Looks like your humidifier is pumping damp air onto the plants ? Turn it off mate please..

Regards BL

No worries at all Bud, the humidifier has now been turned off :)

Ok mate so they have both been transplanted now..it went very well, minimal root disturbance, not a bad root mass and no sign of unhealthy roots either ;

Stayed with the same watering schedule PH 5.8 + EC 1.0 , the temps went down a degree (24c) as I had the tent open for a bit, not an issue..now back to 25-26c.

Here are some pics ;

No laughing at my slippers..seems they match the coco :laugh::laugh:

https://i.imgur.com/VxuOEJv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9gftIAw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WwL5SAb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/shT1YtC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/c0M3l6h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/29A6k69.jpg

Bud Lightyear
04-12-19, 08:40 PM
Lovely job Ice cracking pics...Shame we had to abandon the experiment but it is what it is...Onwards and upward mukka, to infinity and all that :)

Regards BL

IceCalibur
04-12-19, 08:44 PM
Lovely job Ice cracking pics...Shame we had to abandon the experiment but it is what it is...Onwards and upward mukka, to infinity and all that :)

Regards BL

Cheers Bud, yeah it is a shame about the experiment but it wasn't meant to be, maybe next time :)

Onwards and upwards always mate! :D

RASTA
04-12-19, 11:49 PM
Grandad slippers if a ever saw them lol.

What experiment was you doing like?

IceCalibur
05-12-19, 12:16 AM
Grandad slippers if a ever saw them lol.

What experiment was you doing like?

Hahaha..well since we're the same size shoe, and you're not getting any younger I'll send you over a pair hey bro ;)

Well it was to see if the myth regarding the general consensus to never transplant autos was true and how it affects them if at all :)

IceCalibur
05-12-19, 09:25 PM
Things seem to be changing a lot so apologies for the constant updates lol :)

Day 19

Temps - 25-26c
Humidity - 45-55%

EC - 1.0
PH - 5.8

The second PH pen finally arrived..calibrated them both and the new essentials PH pen is showing .1 above the older one..

So today the older pen (still relatively new) showing 5.8 and the new pen was showing 5.9 let me know if you'd like me to adjust to have the older pen showing 5.7 and new pen showing 5.8

Ok so I noticed the Number one girl is getting worse with her spotting and rusting, Number two is doing fine...girls three and four showing sign of slight tip burn.

I've also noticed the stem on number one (big pot) girl has also some burn/peeling on the stem..this is so strange as I wasn't ever watering fast on the big pot girls so the stems were never splashed with water :confused:

Here are some pics and a video!

Spots and rusting on girl one;

https://i.imgur.com/Q62tqJv.jpg

Girl two looking relatively ok..her stem seems fine too ;

https://i.imgur.com/DiPfXGF.jpg

Girl three showing some darkening and twisting on tips ;

https://i.imgur.com/FtiTHkc.jpg

Girl four showing tip burn ;

https://i.imgur.com/AB20XiN.jpg

Here is Girl number ones stem in bit pot ;

https://i.imgur.com/55FD5Kt.jpg

I noticed some crystals on the coco, thought I'd show you (all of these pictures can be clicked on to enlarge twice I believe).

https://i.imgur.com/XR1FpGu.jpg

Here is a video that might help too Bud mate ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFG6g8N8ECQ&feature=youtu.be

EDIT - I wonder if the issue might be with the root riot plugs Bud?

Bud Lightyear
05-12-19, 11:00 PM
Don't worry about the spots, it's on the older leaves, you can pinch these off later as the plants get bigger...The new growth looks good. Tomorrows feed add 1ml per litre liquid silicone, add the silicone first and make sure its well mixed and fully dissolved before adding the Rhizo and A&B...Ec @ 1.0 and pH to 5.8...See if you can grab a jar of honey and smear some on the base of the stems...Regards the pH meters, try calibrating them simultaneously in the same receptacle your calibration fluid is in..The crystal type substance could be salts in your nutes...Make sure you give the bottles a proper good shake and always make sure each component is fully dissolved in the water before adding the next one as they can bind when they come into contact with each other in their concentrated state..

Regards BL

IceCalibur
05-12-19, 11:11 PM
Don't worry about the spots, it's on the older leaves, you can pinch these off later as the plants get bigger...The new growth looks good. Tomorrows feed add 1ml per litre liquid silicone, add the silicone first and make sure its well mixed and fully dissolved before adding the Rhizo and A&B...Ec @ 1.0 and pH to 5.8...See if you can grab a jar of honey and smear some on the base of the stems...Regards the pH meters, try calibrating them simultaneously in the same receptacle your calibration fluid is in..The crystal type substance could be salts in your nutes...Make sure you give the bottles a proper good shake and always make sure each component is fully dissolved in the water before adding the next one as they can bind when they come into contact with each other in their concentrated state..

Regards BL

Ok Bud mate, will add the silicon in tomorrows feed (is it just for tomorrow mate, or shall I continue thereafter) and see if I can get some honey in :)

Regarding the PH pen calibrations, they were done simultaneously in the same receptacle my calibration fluid is in, and both calibrated perfectly at the same time.

I give each of the bottles a massive shake before use (I'm very strict about that)..also, when I add the A..I spend a good 2 minutes mixing that up in the water before adding the B, trust me Bud, I'm being VERY careful and strict about it all.

I wonder if those are calcium deposits sitting on the coco.

I'm also starting to wonder if those riot root plugs are holding onto too much water and causing the issue with the stems.

IceCalibur
06-12-19, 08:59 PM
Ok so with the updated information you gave Bud, we have the following ;

I'm mixing up 4 litres of water now, 1 litre each for the girls.

Day 20

Liquid Silicon @ 4ml
Rhizo @ 8ml
A+B @ 2ml each = EC 1.0
65 drops of PH down = PH 5.8

Went nice and smoothly mate :)

IceCalibur
06-12-19, 09:07 PM
I forgot to ask Bud, shall I continue with the silicon? :)

Bud Lightyear
06-12-19, 09:13 PM
Ok so with the updated information you gave Bud, we have the following ;

I'm mixing up 4 litres of water now, 1 litre each for the girls.

Day 20

Liquid Silicon @ 4ml
Rhizo @ 8ml
A+B @ 2ml each = EC 1.0
65 drops of PH down = PH 5.8

Went nice and smoothly mate :)

Top job mukka..

I forgot to ask Bud, shall I continue with the silicon? :)

Add every fifth day Ice :)

Regards BL

IceCalibur
06-12-19, 09:19 PM
Top job mukka..

Add every fifth day Ice :)

Regards BL

Ok no worries, will get the wifey to add to the diary mate...must say I'm enjoying doing all this mixing up, like a mad scientist in the kitchen lol :laugh:

UpT0wn
06-12-19, 09:19 PM
Very healthy girls Ice. Bud has your bad so can't see any problems here. Roll on the chop

Bud Lightyear
06-12-19, 09:21 PM
Ok no worries, will get the wifey to add to the diary mate...must say I'm enjoying doing all this mixing up, like a mad scientist in the kitchen lol :laugh:

http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/userfiles/snippets/o_7.gif

http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/userfiles/snippets/o_9.gif

Regards BL

IceCalibur
06-12-19, 09:27 PM
http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/userfiles/snippets/o_7.gif

http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/userfiles/snippets/o_9.gif

Regards BL

Haha..spot on to how I feel :laugh::laugh:

IceCalibur
06-12-19, 10:11 PM
Very healthy girls Ice. Bud has your bad so can't see any problems here. Roll on the chop

Cheers UpT0wn, Bud has been great mate..thanks for peeking in :)

GreenEm
07-12-19, 12:52 AM
Ohhh just in time for party [emoji3060] mind if I pull up a chair mukka?
Girls look nice and green
Expect some good things ice baby
no pressure [emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vlad the Inhaler
07-12-19, 12:58 AM
Hey Ice! I’ve just stumbled... tripped over this thread...

Subbed up! Best of luck wiv it mate. [emoji1365]

MON THE COCO! [emoji41][emoji205]

IceCalibur
07-12-19, 01:57 AM
Ohhh just in time for party [emoji3060] mind if I pull up a chair mukka?
Girls look nice and green
Expect some good things ice baby
no pressure [emoji12][emoji12]

Hey GreenEm, welcome fella, cheers..I'm enjoying learning the coco so far :D

Me feel pressure?..no chance, I'm as cool as ice, ice baby!

(Not worrying/stressing about fcking up also helps mate lol) :laugh:

Hey Ice! I’ve just stumbled... tripped over this thread...

Subbed up! Best of luck wiv it mate. [emoji1365]

MON THE COCO! [emoji41][emoji205]

Welcome and thank you Vlad, nice to have you along mate :D

IceCalibur
08-12-19, 10:11 PM
Thought I'd add an update with some pics :)

Day 22

Temps - 24-26c
Humidity - 45-55%

EC - 1.0
PH - 5.8

4 Litres of water, 1 Litre each plant.

Rhizo @ 8ml
A+B @ 2.5ml each = EC 1.0
42 drops of PH down = PH 5.8

I forgot to leave the water out for this watering and I saw a significant reduction in the need for PH down Bud.

A few of the girls have some tip burns, but I think they are starting to get a move on now mate.

I also see some pistils showing!

Here are some pics :D

https://i.imgur.com/FZvlVWD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VVaHiDl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YFIhG1F.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vDrPx9s.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yeLwFb4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OmHgPiN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rqllCbL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/s3mGRQq.jpg

Bud Lightyear
08-12-19, 10:24 PM
You can start flooding the coco now mukka, get it fully saturated...Keep the feed strength and pH the same for now..

Regards BL

IceCalibur
08-12-19, 10:28 PM
You can start flooding the coco now mukka, get it fully saturated...Keep the feed strength and pH the same for now..

Regards BL

Right ok will do mate..I'm thinking 2-3 litres each should get them fully saturated..I'll give it a whirl tomorrow and can always adjust if needs be :)

GreenIRL
08-12-19, 11:37 PM
Looking good ice and loving the pics mate[emoji16][emoji106]

IceCalibur
09-12-19, 01:31 AM
Looking good ice and loving the pics mate[emoji16][emoji106]

Cheers mate, glad you like :D

IceCalibur
09-12-19, 06:51 PM
Just to let you know Bud, I managed to get hold of some honey and I gently and carefully managed to get the stems of the affected girls covered..but not too much (3 out of the 4) :)

I'll take some shots of the stems for you soon mate.

GreenEm
09-12-19, 07:26 PM
Just to let you know Bud, I managed to get hold of some honey and I gently and carefully managed to get the stems of the affected girls covered..but not too much (3 out of the 4) :)

I'll take some shots of the stems for you soon mate.

Looking good in there mate love the girl on the back right
What’s the honey for?

IceCalibur
09-12-19, 07:29 PM
Looking good in there mate love the girl on the back right
What’s the honey for?

Cheers fella, yeah the one back right is currently my favourite..has shown the least amount of problems and a lovely structure to her..but in my experience this can change over the weeks, she might end up being the ugly one lol

The honey is for the stems which were showing some strange issues I have never come across before, it's believed to help with cases of stem rot etc.

GreenEm
09-12-19, 07:38 PM
Cheers fella, yeah the one back right is currently my favourite..has shown the least amount of problems and a lovely structure to her..but in my experience this can change over the weeks, she might end up being the ugly one lol

The honey is for the stems which were showing some strange issues I have never come across before, it's believed to help with cases of stem rot etc.

Aha I’m sure she will stay a beauty for you my fingers are crossed for you
No way did not know that
Is that tried and tested? Or just hear say?
Only ever used honey for my self and family

Great work ice [emoji108]

IceCalibur
09-12-19, 09:56 PM
Aha I’m sure she will stay a beauty for you my fingers are crossed for you
No way did not know that
Is that tried and tested? Or just hear say?
Only ever used honey for my self and family

Great work ice [emoji108]

Well it's something that's spoken about and I've read here and there, I've personally never tested it but Bud requested I try it, (he's my coco mentor) :D

Thanks again GreenEm.

IceCalibur
09-12-19, 10:02 PM
Bud here is how the stems are looking now mate..I'd say they are looking better :)

In one of the photos, you'll see what looks like a water droplet, it's not.. it's a drop of honey lol..I've been keeping the water WELL away from the stems.

https://i.imgur.com/BI2EoXo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/H7BtXZh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UzggAPg.jpg

Day 23

Today was a little more work to say the least, but I'll get used to it I'm sure!

So I made up 12 litres of feed (3L each plant).

32ml of Rhizo
10ml of A+B
150 drops (roughly) of PH down LOL :laugh: ..

I've got to find an easier way to do the PH down lol ...I think I'll basically do the droplets again one more time into a glass, then measure it in ml to find the exact amount, should be easier in future.

A very good amount of run off, roughly 25-35%

Bud Lightyear
09-12-19, 10:11 PM
What’s the honey for?

We have what look like abrasions could be caused by pathogens on the lower stems of some of the plants. The honey acts as a fungicide and help fight an infection if that's what it is...If it's some other form of damage then the honey will prevent any potential pathogens from getting in, sealing the wound so it has chance to heal..

Regards BL

Bud Lightyear
09-12-19, 10:13 PM
Bud here is how the stems are looking now mate..I'd say they are looking better :)

In one of the photos, you'll see what looks like a water droplet, it's not.. it's a drop of honey lol..I've been keeping the water WELL away from the stems.

https://i.imgur.com/BI2EoXo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/H7BtXZh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UzggAPg.jpg

Day 23

Today was a little more work to say the least, but I'll get used to it I'm sure!

So I made up 12 litres of feed (3L each plant).

32ml of Rhizo
10ml of A+B
150 drops (roughly) of PH down LOL :laugh: ..

I've got to find an easier way to do the PH down lol ...I think I'll basically do the droplets again one more time into a glass, then measure it in ml to find the exact amount, should be easier in future.

A very good amount of run off, roughly 25-35%

What ever it was, it seems to be healing nicely :)

Regards BL

IceCalibur
09-12-19, 10:27 PM
What ever it was, it seems to be healing nicely :)

Regards BL

I've previously read something on the net that the root riot plugs can cause issues with mould..I didn't think anything of it, as I thought there would be more reports.

I'm still not convinced it's 100% the root riot plugs, but I will not be using them next grow....just in case.

Also to add for anyone who may read this in future regarding the root riot plugs, I used them in my last grow in soil, with NO issues...perhaps some bacteria built up where they were stored over the 3-4 months, but it's purely guesswork.

Bud Lightyear
09-12-19, 10:33 PM
I've previously read something on the net that the root riot plugs can cause issues with mould..I didn't think anything of it, as I thought there would be more reports.

I'm still not convinced it's 100% the root riot plugs, but I will not be using them next grow....just in case.

It deffo looked bacterial to me...

Regards BL

IceCalibur
10-12-19, 05:14 AM
Bud just as a reminder, we do have a 400w MH bulb ready to be swapped in whenever you give the go-ahead :)

We also have a 400w HPS to use.

IceCalibur
10-12-19, 06:21 AM
Well Bud...I did a bit of searching and look what I've just seen right here on our very own forum regarding the root riot plugs - Stem Thin And White Stuff On Root Riot Cubes (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?68389-Stem-Thin-And-White-Stuff-On-Root-Riot-Cubes&p=1069091820#post1069091820)

If you check out his third pic...it looks similar, although looks to be affected more.

IceCalibur
10-12-19, 06:26 AM
Right here too - Linky (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?164065-Is-she-a-goner)

I could probably find more..but at this point, it's safe to say I will not be using root riot plugs from now on that's 100%

G'
10-12-19, 08:11 AM
Holy Murphy Ice brother how the freakin hell have i missed this mate, i had no idea you had started another grow man, i know it's late but goes without saying i'm in for the rest of the ride bro', all the best G'.

Cleargreen
10-12-19, 01:42 PM
Glad to see the girls are recovering, I have to admit I thought they were goners when I saw the pictures.

IceCalibur
10-12-19, 11:14 PM
Holy Murphy Ice brother how the freakin hell have i missed this mate, i had no idea you had started another grow man, i know it's late but goes without saying i'm in for the rest of the ride bro', all the best G'.

No worries at all G' brother..the mentored section is a little more hidden away :)

Always a pleasure to have you on board mate.

Glad to see the girls are recovering, I have to admit I thought they were goners when I saw the pictures.

Same CG and yeah..it was touch and go I reckon and really, we're still not out of the woods I fear..the one worst affected, may still not make it, we shall see though and if so it's not the end of the world :)

IceCalibur
10-12-19, 11:19 PM
Ok I made a boo boo on post #181 (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?180981-Ice-and-Bud-grow-Blackberry-Autos-in-Coco-(Mentored-by-Bud-Lightyear)&p=1071031867#post1071031867)

Here are the actual numbers (not to worry though as I the feed I made up matched the correct amounts).

It was and is, as follows ;

12 Litres

24ml of Rhizo
7.5ml of A+B =EC 1.0

Now I dropped another 140 drops of PH down into a small glass and the amount is as follows ;

3 1/2 ml's of PH down = PH of 5.8

Much easier from now on :D

IceCalibur
10-12-19, 11:41 PM
Bud also just to add mate, one of the girls is getting quite a bit taller than the others now..I was thinking to maybe top that girl, would you be ok with this?

I can provide a video if you'd like to see tomorrow :)

Bud Lightyear
10-12-19, 11:46 PM
Ok I made a boo boo on post #181 (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?180981-Ice-and-Bud-grow-Blackberry-Autos-in-Coco-(Mentored-by-Bud-Lightyear)&p=1071031867#post1071031867)

Here are the actual numbers (not to worry though as I the feed I made up matched the correct amounts).

It was and is, as follows ;

12 Litres

24ml of Rhizo
7.5ml of A+B =EC 1.0

Now I dropped another 140 drops of PH down into a small glass and the amount is as follows ;

3 1/2 ml's of PH down = PH of 5.8

Much easier from now on :D

Sorry Ice I was meant to edit that post for you, totally forgot mukka..

Bud also just to add mate, one of the girls is getting quite a bit taller than the others now..I was thinking to maybe top that girl, would you be ok with this?

I can provide a video if you'd like to see tomorrow :)

Yeah crack on mukka get it decapitated :)

Regards BL

IceCalibur
10-12-19, 11:49 PM
Sorry Ice I was meant to edit that post for you, totally forgot mukka..

Yeah crack on mukka get it decapitated :)

Regards BL

No worries at all mate, and will top the girl now..she's the lanky one of the bunch lol :D

Bud Lightyear
11-12-19, 11:42 PM
How are them stems lookin Ice ?

Regards BL

IceCalibur
11-12-19, 11:45 PM
Here is a video as promised :D

No audio this time.

It includes me topping the lanky girl..who as it happens had a funky stem, not surprised though as she was the one with the third cotyledon lol.

Girl number #3 (first on the left) was the one most affected by the bacteria on the stem, and she's showing it in her leaves...hopefully she makes it, no worries if she doesn't :)

I'm happy with the progress Bud mate.

Day 25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vryADcu-ZZY&feature=youtu.be

Trex
11-12-19, 11:49 PM
Loking great Ice[emoji1303]

IceCalibur
11-12-19, 11:52 PM
Loking great Ice[emoji1303]

Cheers Trex, yeah I'm happy with the way they have come along...especially under the circumstances with the bacteria on the stems, but lessons learned...keep it simple always, I've never used anything before this and my plants have always been fine..the root riots really are dangerous in my opinion...back to 'old school simplicity' :)

Bud really has guided me well here :D

Bud Lightyear
11-12-19, 11:54 PM
Did you add silicone to today's feed Ice ?

Regards BL

IceCalibur
11-12-19, 11:59 PM
Did you add silicone to today's feed Ice ?

Regards BL

I did indeed mate..admittedly I had forgotten, so had to do it from scratch today as the wife reminded me thankfully lol

IceCalibur
12-12-19, 12:10 AM
How are them stems lookin Ice ?

Regards BL

Sorry Bud just seen this post, must have been when I was posting the video up :)

They seem ok..the stem on the girl most affected might be getting thinner, hard to tell at this point..but I will keep my eye on.

Fingers crossed it doesn't spread..only time will tell now, but I will definitely keep you, updated mate.

Trex
12-12-19, 12:14 AM
Cheers Trex, yeah I'm happy with the way they have come along...especially under the circumstances with the bacteria on the stems, but lessons learned...keep it simple always, I've never used anything before this and my plants have always been fine..the root riots really are dangerous in my opinion...back to 'old school simplicity' :)

Bud really has guided me well here :DYea eh i aint too fond of them plugs either ice . They burned the taproots of the only two autos i tried in them . Out the trash they go for anything canna related .

My lettuce seedlings seedling like them

IceCalibur
12-12-19, 12:19 AM
Yea eh i aint too fond of them plugs either ice . They burned the taproots of the only two autos i tried in them . Out the trash they go for anything canna related .

My lettuce seedlings seedling like them

Well I did a search here on the forum...and it turns out I wasn't the only one..others reported similar experiences, they seem to have an ability to harbour nasty bacteria...I'm not sure if its whatever they are using to keep the plugs wet (this brand gets delivered wet), or if it's after 4-5 months perhaps it grew some nasty bacteria in its bag.

Bud Lightyear
12-12-19, 12:29 AM
Well I did a search here on the forum...and it turns out I wasn't the only one..others reported similar experiences, they seem to have an ability to harbour nasty bacteria...I'm not sure if its whatever they are using to keep the plugs wet (this brand gets delivered wet), or if it's after 4-5 months perhaps it grew some nasty bacteria in its bag.

Next time Ice I suggest 1/2 litre starter pots with verve sowing & cutting compost sew the seeds direct in the compost....Saves pissing around with Ec & pH in the early stages, just water till they root out the pots then straight into coco in their finals...

Regards BL

IceCalibur
12-12-19, 12:38 AM
Next time Ice I suggest 1/2 litre starter pots with verve sowing & cutting compost sew the seeds direct in the compost....Saves pissing around with Ec & pH in the early stages, just water till they root out the pots then straight into coco in their finals...

Regards BL

Spot on Bud, I'll do that next time, plus I'll be growing photos after these too :)

So when they go straight into coco after roots find their way out the pots..what EC would you recommend at first?

Bud Lightyear
12-12-19, 12:55 AM
Spot on Bud, I'll do that next time, plus I'll be growing photos after these too :)

So when they go straight into coco after roots find their way out the pots..what EC would you recommend at first?

Ec will then be around 1.0...I always start rooted cuttings @ 1.2 but that's with exodus cheese a strain I've worked with for many years, it's all about finding a sweet spot with what strain your working with..When you have done a few runs you find what works for you then it becomes second nature..

Regards BL

IceCalibur
12-12-19, 01:12 AM
Ec will then be around 1.0...I always start rooted cuttings @ 1.2 but that's with exodus cheese a strain I've worked with for many years, it's all about finding a sweet spot with what strain your working with..When you have done a few runs you find what works for you then it becomes second nature..

Regards BL

Regards BL

Ok great, it's all about adjusting to the plants needs.

I really do feel coco is fantastic for that for anyone reading and thinking to try coco out, it's the precision you get with coco that is a HUGE positive for me at least...more work, but that's a balance each grower needs to judge for themselves :)

IceCalibur
13-12-19, 09:28 PM
Will get some pics up for you today of the girls, and the stems Bud..I personally think they are looking better! :)

IceCalibur
13-12-19, 10:26 PM
Update time :D

Day 27

Temps - 24-26.5c
Humidity - 43-55%

EC - 1.0
PH - 5.8

12 Litres of water, 3 Litre each plant.

250w MH bulb

Rhizo @ 24ml
A+B @ 7.5ml each = EC 1.0
3 1/2ml PH down = PH 5.8

Girl 3 does look the one that's worse for wear...BUT she was the one worst affected by the bacteria on the stem, I think she's gonna be ok now :D

Here are the pics and a video at the end :)

https://i.imgur.com/b5SWaCh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6hUHFio.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LceBLT0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/M0vnpZ2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rSSX42T.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4arQlIU.jpg

Here are the stems.... looking better in my opinion ;

https://i.imgur.com/54fE8fV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Yd8ijDJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5pKfBFQ.jpg

I'm really liking the way girls #2 and #4 are looking right now.

Bonus video lol (no audio) ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21SVzrCb3EQ&feature=youtu.be

Bud Lightyear
13-12-19, 10:44 PM
Looking good Ice...Id bang the 400w Mh in there now mate, keep an eye on the temps :)

Regards BL

IceCalibur
13-12-19, 10:56 PM
Looking good Ice...Id bang the 400w Mh in there now mate, keep an eye on the temps :)

Regards BL

Yep I'm very happy with the way they're going and will do Bud, gonna turn the exhaust fan to the maximum :)

Trex
13-12-19, 10:59 PM
Nice ice . Glad them stems have healed buddy [emoji1303]

GreenIRL
13-12-19, 11:01 PM
Doing well IceCalibur [emoji16][emoji106] how you finding coco mate?

IceCalibur
13-12-19, 11:17 PM
Nice ice . Glad them stems have healed buddy [emoji1303]

Cheers Trex, yeah me and you the same mate..I think it's just the outside dead tissue left now, going on another members thread who recently had stem rot, when he chopped it down, turns out it never affected the inside of the stem at all :)

Doing well IceCalibur [emoji16][emoji106] how you finding coco mate?

Thank you Greenirl, that's very kind of you mate...I'm loving it :D

I've gotten into the swing of it now and I really do like coco as a medium..it's just so light and airy, and from my experience, the roots have gone nuts in comparison to the ones in soil from what I can see so far :)

GreenIRL
13-12-19, 11:25 PM
Cheers Trex, yeah me and you the same mate..I think it's just the outside dead tissue left now, going on another members thread who recently had stem rot, when he chopped it down, turns out it never affected the inside of the stem at all :)

Thank you Greenirl, that's very kind of you mate...I'm loving it :D

I've gotten into the swing of it now and I really do like coco as a medium..it's just so light and airy, and from my experience, the roots have gone nuts in comparison to the ones in soil from what I can see so far :)

That's great man glad your liking it hopefully the end result speaks for it's self[emoji108] definitely more airy than soil. Especially with you giving such a large feed so quick you be getting a lot of air pulled down after the water. I'd say collecting runoff is a pain In the back lol

IceCalibur
13-12-19, 11:31 PM
That's great man glad your liking it hopefully the end result speaks for it's self[emoji108] definitely more airy than soil. Especially with you giving such a large feed so quick you be getting a lot of air pulled down after the water. I'd say collecting runoff is a pain In the back lol

Haha yeah I meaaan comparing the time involved between soil and coco...coco definitely needs more attention for sure :)

I've always been a firm believer in pushing a lot of water through my plants in soil, so I enjoy doing it with coco too, and it's not been so bad, I have those saucers that collect the water, but the pot themselves are actually lifted up and away from the runoff completely...I didn't want the roots sitting in any runoff for any amount of time...

So now, the saucers I have can easily hold the runoff from the 3 litres each I'm pushing through them..I now allow the feed to stop dripping, wait like 4-5 hours then go up there with my wet and vac, and suck it all up in a matter of minutes, not so bad :)

GreenIRL
13-12-19, 11:37 PM
Haha yeah I meaaan comparing the time involved between soil and coco...coco definitely needs more attention for sure :)

I've always been a firm believer in pushing a lot of water through my plants in soil, so I enjoy doing it with coco too, and it's not been so bad, I have those saucers that collect the water, but the pot themselves are actually lifted up and away from the runoff completely...I didn't want the roots sitting in any runoff for any amount of time...

So now, the saucers I have can easily hold the runoff from the 3 litres each I'm pushing through them..I now allow the feed to stop dripping, wait like 4-5 hours then go up there with my wet and vac, and suck it all up in a matter of minutes, not so bad :)

I was mad for wanting to push loads of water through my soil but I think it done more bad than good lol.
Coco definitely does need abit of attention but I can't say much I have it pretty handy lol but I would love a wet vac it would make my job so much easier emptying my trays.

IceCalibur
14-12-19, 12:13 AM
I was mad for wanting to push loads of water through my soil but I think it done more bad than good lol.
Coco definitely does need abit of attention but I can't say much I have it pretty handy lol but I would love a wet vac it would make my job so much easier emptying my trays.

Yeah, if you push a lot of water through soil, you need to top up with beneficial microbes, or at least that's what I like to do...I also love to allow soil to dry out before pushing that large amount of water through, I've always seen good results doing it that way, even back 10 years ago when I grew photos and when the Lowryder #2 came out...that was the strain that really made autos popular first in my opinion :)

With the wet vac...go for it!.. it really does make things easier.

G'
14-12-19, 07:36 AM
Looking great Ice brother and cracking video mate :Nice: job bro'. :mr:

IceCalibur
14-12-19, 05:53 PM
Looking great Ice brother and cracking video mate :Nice: job bro'. :mr:

Thank you G' brother, I'm glad you enjoyed it mate :D

GreenIRL
14-12-19, 06:08 PM
Yeah, if you push a lot of water through soil, you need to top up with beneficial microbes, or at least that's what I like to do...I also love to allow soil to dry out before pushing that large amount of water through, I've always seen good results doing it that way, even back 10 years ago when I grew photos and when the Lowryder #2 came out...that was the strain that really made autos popular first in my opinion :)

With the wet vac...go for it!.. it really does make things easier.

Sorry i forgot to reply to you last night IceCalibur I was wrecked[emoji42] I could never let my soil dry out I'd always water them as much as I could. I was using a full range of nutes so maybe I had those microbes in them... I did add something from budda tree that was something to do with microbes, you added a feed of it to the soil before you planted up then later in flower.

I remember going to buy my first auto, lowryder from short stuff seeds but I went with expert seeds from my local, northern lights x bigbud, auto mazar and another I can't think of.

Wet vac be good but I have everything to make a auto drain to waste but I just need a saw the past 3 weeks lol and i ain't got long left so can't be arsed [emoji23]

riot
16-12-19, 09:50 AM
Looking good Iceman!

IceCalibur
16-12-19, 05:49 PM
Looking good Iceman!

Cheers riot mate...these girls are are really growing fast now, will post up an update soon :D

IceCalibur
16-12-19, 07:51 PM
I'm really surprised by how fast these girls are growing now Bud mate...and I'm liking it lol :D

Day 30

Temps - 26-28c
Humidity - 43-55%

EC - 1.0
PH - 5.8

400w MH bulb

Rhizo @ 24ml
3 1/2ml PH down = PH 5.8

Bud I also noticed, the runoff colour right from the start has been darker than what's been going in...but slowly over time getting lighter and lighter, it's almost now as clear as the feed/water I am pushing through them each day...thought I'd share that observation with you.

I'm also wondering if you'd like me to start tying these girls down a tadge?

Video ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCE0S-binpo&feature=youtu.be

Bud Lightyear
16-12-19, 08:18 PM
I'm really surprised by how fast these girls are growing now Bud mate...and I'm liking it lol :D

Day 30

Temps - 26-28c
Humidity - 43-55%

EC - 1.0
PH - 5.8

400w MH bulb

Rhizo @ 24ml
3 1/2ml PH down = PH 5.8

Bud I also noticed, the runoff colour right from the start has been darker than what's been going in...but slowly over time getting lighter and lighter, it's almost now as clear as the feed/water I am pushing through them each day...thought I'd share that observation with you.

Video ;

Flying along now Ice mukka.....Your runoff will get lighter as the grow progresses mate because all the crap is being flushed from the coco bit like a teabag really :)

Yeah get them tied down mukka, you can either tie some string round the circumference of the pots at the top and use that to anchor them down or drill some holes round the top rims.

Up the Ec to 1.1 and pH @ 6.0...Give them a couple more days of MH then swap for your 400w dual spec HPS...

Regards BL

IceCalibur
16-12-19, 08:29 PM
Flying along now Ice mukka.....Your runoff will get lighter as the grow progresses mate because all the crap is being flushed from the coco bit like a teabag really :)

Yeah get them tied down mukka, you can either tie some string round the circumference of the pots at the top and use that to anchor them down or drill some holes round the top rims.

Up the Ec to 1.1 and pH @ 6.0...Give them a couple more days of MH then swap for your 400w dual spec HPS...

Regards BL

Well, that's what I was gonna ask you actually mate...would it be wise to wash through the coco before using it?...been pondering on that for a while.

Yeeahh...I think I'm gonna get the drill out and start tying them down, the tops showed slight heat stress where they suddenly shot up overnight and must have got a tadge too close to the bulb.

Will follow your updated instructions with the feed and switching out the bulb :)

Bud Lightyear
16-12-19, 08:39 PM
Well, that's what I was gonna ask you actually mate...would it be wise to wash through the coco before using it?

No mate you will wash the trichoderma out the coco, it gets washed out anyway but it's handy to have it at full concentrate especially when starting off or potting up...Its a pain in the arse if your running recirculating with drippers though because it blocks the pump, lines and dripper heads...

Regards BL

IceCalibur
16-12-19, 09:10 PM
No mate you will wash the trichoderma out the coco, it gets washed out anyway but it's handy to have it at full concentrate especially when starting off or potting up...Its a pain in the arse if your running recirculating with drippers though because it blocks the pump, lines and dripper heads...

Regards BL

Ahhh there we go, I knew there must have been a good reason, cheers Bud and thank you for your time (especially at this time of year) and guiding me so well..it's appreciated mate :)

Cleargreen
16-12-19, 09:40 PM
Growing very fast indeed :eek:

GEORGE
16-12-19, 09:45 PM

Day 30

Temps - 26-28c
Humidity - 43-55%

EC - 1.0
PH - 5.8

400w MH bulb

Rhizo @ 24ml
3 1/2ml PH down = PH 5.8

Video ;

WOW those have really grown.:agreed::D:xmas:

IceCalibur
16-12-19, 09:47 PM
Growing very fast indeed :eek:

Yeah, crazy growth Cg..surprised me just by how much over 3-4 days! :D

WOW those have really grown.:agreed::D:xmas:

Gonna have to tie them down hotshot..otherwise we'll run out of head height lol :laugh:

GreenIRL
16-12-19, 10:46 PM
Waow they shot up IceCalibur [emoji16]

IceCalibur
17-12-19, 12:19 AM
Waow they shot up IceCalibur [emoji16]

Yhhh man..I opened the tent and was like what the actual f**k lol..in the most positive way of course lol :D

Ordered some drill bits in for tomorrow that I actually had stolen would you believe it by some old boy that came to collect something (I sold something on ebay)..he stole my damn drill bits :(

Anyway, these are the perfect type for plastic ..some drill bits crack the plastic, so you have to be careful to use the correct type ( spur-point bits, also known as dowel bits).

So will get to drilling the holes around the pots for some LST.

Vlad the Inhaler
17-12-19, 01:04 AM
Very nice, Ice. [emoji1360]

Glad you got ‘em fixed, mate. [emoji41]

IceCalibur
17-12-19, 01:23 AM
Very nice, Ice. [emoji1360]

Glad you got ‘em fixed, mate. [emoji41]

Cheers Vlad, all Buds doing mate...he gets the credit for these beauties :)

riot
19-12-19, 08:43 AM
Nice update Ice, they are lookin luverly :)

IceCalibur
19-12-19, 06:25 PM
Nice update Ice, they are lookin luverly :)

Thank you riot, yeah they seem to be flying right now :D

Trex
19-12-19, 06:46 PM
Nice Ice [emoji1303] . Glad you loving this coco business . Fun as hell

IceCalibur
19-12-19, 06:57 PM
Nice Ice [emoji1303] . Glad you loving this coco business . Fun as hell

Yeah I really am man...I would honestly encourage any grower to try coco at least one to decide whether they like it or not :)

It's not complex at all with regards to EC and PH numbers etc...I used to get baffled by it all when reading coco growers posting their numbers etc.

GEORGE
19-12-19, 09:42 PM
Yeah I really am man...I would honestly encourage any grower to try coco at least one to decide whether they like it or not :)

It's not complex at all with regards to EC and PH numbers etc...I used to get baffled by it all when reading coco growers posting their numbers etc.

I tried Hydro, I think that is same thing? I wouldn't kick A hog in the ass to try it again. lol

IceCalibur
19-12-19, 09:52 PM
I tried Hydro, I think that is same thing? I wouldn't kick A hog in the ass to try it again. lol

But hey..at least you can say you tried it and you didn't like it :)

Vlad the Inhaler
19-12-19, 11:19 PM

I know the basics are similar, but jeez.. from what I’ve seen, hydro is way less forgiving than coco, mate. I’m still too scared to try it cos I’ve seen so many peeps fail!

Maybe you should give the coco a go Hotshot. My first grow in it went like a dream and I’m totally hit & hope. If I can do it... anyone can! [emoji23]

GEORGE
20-12-19, 01:21 PM
I don't think I would have any better luck with Coco. My IQ is only 110, not even, in the 68% USA advage of 115 to 124. lol

Trex
20-12-19, 01:52 PM
I don't think I would have any better luck with Coco. My IQ is only 110, not even, in the 68% USA advage of 115 to 124. lolIm a 123 IQ hotshot . Your 110 is way above avg bud . The avg is 98 in America .

GreenIRL
20-12-19, 01:55 PM
I don't think I would have any better luck with Coco. My IQ is only 110, not even, in the 68% USA advage of 115 to 124. lolExperience over knowledge my friend and you have plenty of experience from what I gathered. Do it mate you won't regret it [emoji4][emoji106]

Trex
20-12-19, 02:00 PM
I don't think I would have any better luck with Coco. My IQ is only 110, not even, in the 68% USA advage of 115 to 124. lolIts easy peasy bud . Ill guide you through email [emoji1303] . I even have a few ph and e.c meters i can lend and send you .

GEORGE
20-12-19, 02:32 PM
Its easy peasy bud . Ill guide you through email [emoji1303] . I even have a few ph and e.c meters i can lend and send you .

Appreciate the jester, but I think I will stick with Soil, it has taken me over 10 years to get it about right. lol

Trex
20-12-19, 03:48 PM
Appreciate the jester, but I think I will stick with Soil, it has taken me over 10 years to get it about right. lolChick,chick,CHICKEN [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

GEORGE
20-12-19, 04:31 PM
That would be me. lol

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/004512.jpg