PDA

View Full Version : stealth cupboard

no-nav
01-01-10, 04:59 PM
hi to all!!!
Im new on here and would like to share my grow and experiences. I will have to sort out some new pictures soon as the pictures ive got are too large to upload:(
If anyone knows how to compress pictures a lot more then feel free to help as im not exactly bill gates when it comes to computers!! My pictures are coming out at 144kb and the allowance is only 97kb.
Im growing 6 Chronic X white rhino under a scrog for the first time. Im using Plant Magic grow nutes (with a sprinkle of miracle grow during veg), Canna Aqua Flores and advanced nutrients Hammerhead PK9/18.
All in a small NFT setup in 3" rockwool cubes, The screen is set at 5" above the black N white.
Resovoir conditions are tapwater, 22degrees temp, 2 ceramic air stones and a small microjet pump and water replaced every week.
When cuttings arrived i put them straight into the cubes (pre-soaked at 5.5) and put them under the florescents for 1 week. (only watering when dryish)
I then pinched the top off and put them into the room without the net for 1 week of veg and fed them for half hour on and half hour off. The second week in i put the net over and began keeping them under the screen for another week. I changed the feed to permently on when the light was on and half hour on and half hour off during the dark cycle. Ec levels during veg are 1.8 and Ph at 6.0. Forgot to mention that im using a 250w sunmaster dual spectrum light.
First week of 12/12 changeover i used plain water. (Ph at 6.0)
After that week i changed the water and added the canna at EC 1.2 and added the relevant amount of hammerhead to the water (1ml per litre)
On the 10th day into flower i took my cuttings and dumped the water and replaced with the same nutes but the EC was set at 2.0 and Ph at 6.2 and that day now becomes my weekly water change day. This is also the point in which i started to allow the plants to come through. I also removed wasted growth spots and removed some top leaves to allow light to bud sites. I generally remove leaves over the course of the grow so it dont become uncontrollable.
Im currently 3 weeks into flower with just over 50 tops at the same hight(or there abouts).
All internodle spacing ranges from 4-8 bud sites within 2 inches.
I would be more than happy to hear from anyone who has questions or advice!!!
Thanks again for taking the time to hear my grow!:joint:

bergkamp
02-01-10, 12:05 PM
have a look at this thread for how to resize pictures https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=4201

no-nav
03-01-10, 07:36 PM
Thanks to everyone for helping with my picture problems.
This is my cupboard when closed
This is the cupboard when open. This was taken on the first week of flower.
This is the electric cupboard boxed in beside the room. I wired the blow heater to a standard room thermostat for when the temperature drops at night (the room is outside so hence the temp drop). I removed the base on a desktop fan and fitted it to the side wall. The oscillating fan also blows constant fresh air over the plants from a 4" filtered inlet.

no-nav
03-01-10, 07:47 PM
This is whats going on underneath
The distance from the base to the net is 5". This is my first scrog but to me it looks pretty active under there.
I made a timber frame around the tray which the net screws onto. This enables me to pick the whole tray up to clean the tank and everything in it each week. Its also good incase for any reason you have to move things out quickly which in other scrogs its impossible.
The temps in the room fluctuate between 22-26 degrees during lights on and around 18 degrees when off. Humidity stays between 50-60%
now i can

bergkamp
04-01-10, 03:44 PM
sweet looking setup mate

born2toke
04-01-10, 03:48 PM
v nice looking stealth ya got there mate well done

no-nav
07-01-10, 01:09 PM
thanks bergkamp and born2toke,
Gonna be loading up new pictures today
Had a few issues to see to but no probs with the babies!!!
This thread is also under ' My first hydro '

BURNZ
08-01-10, 06:59 AM
Nice set up looks good can't wait to see the rest of the diary :thcleaf:

StrictlyOrganic
09-01-10, 02:44 AM
looking nice m8. will be good to watch:thcleaf: do u no wat sort ov yeild yr aiming for. how bigs the grow space m8

no-nav
02-02-10, 04:11 PM
looking nice m8. will be good to watch:thcleaf: do u no wat sort ov yeild yr aiming for. how bigs the grow space m8

Hi mate, been a while
The size of grow space is 4ft long, 2ft wide & 3ft high.
I expect around a bar upwards:thcleaf:

no-nav
02-02-10, 04:22 PM
Hi people its been a while!!!
So anyway, im on the 7th week of flower and everything is tip top so far.
The plants have been on 13 hours light which has now been dropped to 11 this week as the second set of flowers are starting to push out. I started using cannazym 3weeks ago and will continue to use until the end of the week.
Still using canna aqua flores and hammerhead only. EC is now at 2.6 and PH at 6.2

no-nav
02-02-10, 04:38 PM
Out of the 68 rods of flowers, 63 of them range between 8-11 inches and the other 5 are between 5-6 inch but proper fat little nugs. Got around 2-3weeks left by the looks of things
As you can see... new growth which is a bonus

bergkamp
02-02-10, 07:10 PM
looking really good there mate . im jealous

BURNZ
02-02-10, 09:33 PM
They look amazing :)

spliffy2007
02-02-10, 10:57 PM
Hi there no-nav,

lol they look mighty fine, very nice set up

Spliff^

no-nav
04-02-10, 01:09 AM
Changed the res today and added only water with half strenghth rhizotonic and cannazym.
Just want to stimulate those roots abit before i start the flush in a few days.
After that its plain water with a bit of h2o2.

Chillem
09-02-10, 02:37 AM
Cool setup and great buds mate:bigjoint: