PDA

View Full Version : Plant of the year 2009

Ragman
02-01-10, 03:23 AM
Here we go folks, below is all the winners of plant of the month competitions for 2009, please vote for your favorite to see who will be crowned plant of the year for 2009

Voting will run until the end of the month, the winner will win this exclusive Trophy to show in their profile

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/medals/icon_trophy.png

January - Munkeyboi

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/584/munkeyboi-jan.jpg

february - Meddy

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/584/meddy-feb.jpg

March - Shark

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/584/shark-march.jpg

April - Stoneroz

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/584/stoneroz-april.jpg

May - Ballz

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/584/ballz-may.jpg

June - Stoneroz

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/584/stoneroz-june.jpg

July - Monty Bong

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/584/MontyBong-july.jpg

August - Weed Heed

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/584/weedheed-august.jpg

Sptember - Dekay

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/584/dekay-sept.jpg

October - Shark

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/584/shark-oct.jpg

November - SBTUK

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/584/SBTUK-nov.jpg

December - Poemsforsealions

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/584/Poemsforsealions-dec.jpg

born2toke
02-01-10, 03:32 AM
wooowhoo first vote

seanMcPot
02-01-10, 04:55 AM
congrats SBTUK you got my vote!!

captainzep
02-01-10, 03:16 PM
had to be monty bongs monster

OldSkoolDude
02-01-10, 03:30 PM
SBTUK for me.. Was an amusing diary and ended up a perfect plant..:boobs:

Ragman
02-01-10, 05:07 PM
this is really hard to choose as all the plants are superb but I have decided to go for monty bongs monster

Steptoe
02-01-10, 05:36 PM
:banghead::banghead::banghead: How the hell are we supposed to pick a winner out of all those plants? They're all damn fine winners in my opinion. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can't decide between Monty, Weed, Shark or SBTUK, gonna have to deliberate long and hard about this one me thinks!

Bobby Digital
02-01-10, 06:58 PM
I went for montys beast of a cola, nice specimen all plants are winners tho..
peace

Bitterfly
02-01-10, 07:02 PM
this is way too hard man, theres at least 4 im totally torn between:smokie:

StrictlyOrganic
02-01-10, 07:28 PM
sharks october plant no doubt. shame about the pic quality of stbuk's one or it might ov got my vote. meddy's is awsome too

REDJELLYNINJA
02-01-10, 07:37 PM
:jawdrop:I CAN'T CHOOOOOOOSE!!!!!! IT'S TOO HARD MAN!!!!:jawdrop:

What bloody cock came up with the idea of putting so many good looking plants into the one poll and calling it 'Plant of the Year'? :wtf:

.........erm......oh aye.....t'was me.

What a cock!!!:D

GrassHopper
02-01-10, 07:50 PM
No way, so hard to choose! They're all amazing!

dekay
02-01-10, 10:25 PM
hmm much deliberation needed.:confused:

shark
02-01-10, 10:30 PM
bloody hell! look at them winners! every one of them the cream of the crop.

i'll need awhile to decide who gets my vote.. since 2 of them are mine, i'll need to look at them in an un-biased way and try judge them fairly on thier own merit..

best of luck everyone!

weed heed
02-01-10, 10:59 PM
what a comp all beauties but there really are 5 that stand out need time to think.One thing though they really were all deservin of there wins.weed heed

mister,mister
03-01-10, 10:49 AM
ok had to sleep on this one and finally i have cast my vote wooohhaaaa! all joking thought the are all winners but i decided on monty. good luck everyone:D

Far Side
03-01-10, 04:35 PM
very very tough this, i also had to sleep on it. in the end i went with MunkeyBoi, not the biggest of the bunch but to me its the best looking.

Munkeyboi
03-01-10, 05:19 PM
very very tough this, i also had to sleep on it. in the end i went with MunkeyBoi, not the biggest of the bunch but to me its the best looking.

awwww thanks mate.

have learn me lesson looking at the other plants tho.

Defo should trim it before taking pics so you can see the damn bud. Was my first attempt ever at growing tho, and in hydro too, so was well chuffed. Thanks for vote

good luck all

Far Side
03-01-10, 05:55 PM
awwww thanks mate.

have learn me lesson looking at the other plants tho.

Defo should trim it before taking pics so you can see the damn bud. Was my first attempt ever at growing tho, and in hydro too, so was well chuffed. Thanks for vote

good luck all

yea that may be true mate, most people wanna see the bud, but i like to look at the whole plant. so personally i wanna see them before the hair cut.

the shrubman
03-01-10, 06:50 PM
lol . just leveled it up .
im must say, i am a fan of the fat cola look :D

Grub
03-01-10, 07:04 PM
All wonderful plants, but my vote had to go to Monty Bong.

To grow a monster like that in basic soil, giving nothing but a tad of tomato food and lots of TLC, goes to prove that you don't need fancy hydro equipment and expensive nutes to grow the best plants.

Respect MB! ;)

Chewy
04-01-10, 05:26 PM
All cracking winners in their respected months, would be happy at having a plant have half the yield of some of those bad boys !!well done!!....

Would be good if we could see a photo before and after the haircuts, for aesthetics purposes. But i suppose for me at least, its the size and buds and yield that counts, as after all thats what everyone looks for and the winner is the one i think looks like a premo smoko :)

GrassHopper
06-01-10, 01:42 PM
Took me a while to decide as they are all fantastic, well they would have to be they all monthly winners :D

But my vote goes to Shark's October entry, would have been SBTUKs but for the yellow caste from the HPS, just spoils the pic a bit for me.

Well Done and Good Luck everyone!

Ragman
06-01-10, 09:42 PM
Wow at the moment this is looking like a 3 horse race, come on everyone please put a vote in as the are some absolute beauties of plants to vote on:)

Marley13
06-01-10, 09:58 PM
good luck guys some absolute stunners to choose from had to go with SBTUK lovely looking plant

peace out people

marley

Tay
08-01-10, 01:57 PM
Jeeezo this is close!

Keep the votes coming in folks:D

Eggbox
08-01-10, 02:21 PM
Haha, looks like my vote didn't help much - just leveled it out :D

Tay
08-01-10, 04:18 PM
a healthy bit of shameless candidate backing here if no1 minds;):D

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/290709_mmg1.jpg

oooo lawdy lawd who's seen a donky dick that size before? go monty:p

Bong_on_1988
08-01-10, 04:25 PM
was between Shark And Monty Had to go with Shark tho. His diary provides a great resorce as well as some top bud. Well done mate you have my admiration again lol.

Bong_on_1988
08-01-10, 04:27 PM
haha sharks October plant is sitting second now Thanks to my vote :P lol.

Tay
08-01-10, 04:27 PM
true... shark would have been my second vote but i'll always remember the feeling in my pants when i saw monty's MMG:laugh:

Monty Bong
08-01-10, 04:29 PM
a healthy bit of shameless candidate backing here if no1 minds;):D

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/290709_mmg1.jpg

oooo lawdy lawd who's seen a donky dick that size before? go monty:p

lol, thanks for the support Tay :D

SBTUK
08-01-10, 07:36 PM
lol, thanks for the support Tay :D

shameless!is that it? my popcorn buds where that size ;)

Tay
08-01-10, 07:44 PM
cough*aherm*cough ...your plant is gorgeous too stb:p

how much did you pull from her in the end?

The Green Man
08-01-10, 08:13 PM
was a really hard decision but i had to go with Monty in the end, stunning plant i wish i had watched the diary of it :(

SBTUK
08-01-10, 08:47 PM
cough*aherm*cough ...your plant is gorgeous too stb:p

how much did you pull from her in the end?

thanks tay I pulled just under 20oz m8 tinder dry, but it looked more like 40 lol, my other plant the little one (same size as monty's :D ) pulled in a meager 10oz

thedoctor
08-01-10, 08:51 PM
this is way harder than potm, these plants are all fekkin amazing, aspirational. lush. too much for me, i just don't know....

Monty Bong
08-01-10, 09:16 PM
thanks tay I pulled just under 20oz m8 tinder dry, but it looked more like 40 lol, my other plant the little one (same size as monty's :D ) pulled in a meager 10oz

How much did it way after you took the horse shoe out the bag?

The_Ganja_Farmer
08-01-10, 09:27 PM
ballz got my vote - that things a beast and a half!

FZjb
08-01-10, 09:54 PM
april- Stoneroz gets my vote. just for sheer bud production. very nice! :D

the shrubman
09-01-10, 05:22 AM
monster cola ftw

nuggy
09-01-10, 09:07 AM
SBTUK gets my vote what a monster!!

big syko 75
09-01-10, 11:28 AM
Your all winners in my eyes fantastic looking plants there fellas but shark gets my vote,not just for the plant but also for the inspiration and detailed diary,well done..

a13x
09-01-10, 01:09 PM
was hard 2 decide between monty's enormous cola or SBTUK's mass of perfect smaller colas, i went for SBTUK in the end

bergkamp
09-01-10, 04:07 PM
feck that was a hard choice it was between meddy and sharks october for me
went for shark in the end sorry meddy
all lovely looking plants though

Stoneysmoker
09-01-10, 10:13 PM
Some fabulous entrants, made it really hard to choose. For me it has to be SBTUK. Well done mate, a superb looking plant :bigjoint:

dekay
10-01-10, 05:48 AM
Have to be stoneroz fer me, this guy is the master of the stinky, i have smoked LS and it is extremely nice smoke, and just hope any of my lemon stinkies do half of what he achieved with this strain. Hats off to the roz for consistently robbing all the prizes from the forum for so long.:mr:

stoneroz
10-01-10, 03:43 PM
Have to be stoneroz fer me, this guy is the master of the stinky, i have smoked LS and it is extremely nice smoke, and just hope any of my lemon stinkies do half of what he achieved with this strain. Hats off to the roz for consistently robbing all the prizes from the forum for so long.:mr:
fuck yeah!! thanks mate, I was just thinkin there shuld be an award for consistant growin for POTM entries and I would nominate>> montybong, dekay, and shark!! good luck to all, I'm still thinkin about my vote???

ViK
10-01-10, 03:58 PM
Weed Heed has got no votes?? That makes no sense!

weed heed
10-01-10, 06:33 PM
Weed Heed has got no votes?? That makes no sense!

thanks vik am gutted myself man that russian was a monster too.maybe next year.weed heed

Tay
10-01-10, 06:41 PM
thanks vik am gutted myself man that russian was a monster too.maybe next year.weed heed

that's too bad mate:( tis a beautiful plant. maybe if it was the wreck from nov 08 then it'd be a different story all together:weed:

weed heed
11-01-10, 01:22 AM
thanks tay i knew i could rely on you for a kind word pal,aye the wreck was a belter.thanks weed heed

ME SMOKEM
11-01-10, 01:31 AM
truely awesome plants gotta give props to all.... Shark,sbtuk,big nice hydro plants....but a sweet soil grow for monty...i gotta give it Monty...tis the only way i could seperate them....peace

poemsforsealions
13-01-10, 03:26 AM
Stoneroz's April entry gets my vote.

And chuffed that I have a couple of votes! Come on the purple!

Tay
13-01-10, 03:39 AM
truely awesome plants gotta give props to all.... Shark,sbtuk,big nice hydro plants....but a sweet soil grow for monty...i gotta give it Monty...tis the only way i could seperate them....peace

i'm sure stb's plant is in dirt... if my memory serves me right it was grown outdoors and brought in under a hps when the weather started getting shit. what a monster though eh!

seanMcPot
13-01-10, 04:16 AM
i'm sure stb's plant is in dirt... if my memory serves me right it was grown outdoors and brought in under a hps when the weather started getting shit. what a monster though eh!

yep,if im right it was veg'd out side for 4 month,then brought in to finish off

2me
13-01-10, 01:24 PM
whoa, some beauties there! my vote goes to Weed Heed for that stunner! all amazing plants tho! hopefully i can make the 2010 poll in a years time!

Peace
2me

Mc Mellow
13-01-10, 01:30 PM
November - SBTUK

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/584/SBTUK-nov.jpg

My votes going to SBTUK for an absolute monster of a plant, welldone everyone your all winners, and they all make me drool:headbang: good luck to everyone.

thedoctor
13-01-10, 03:53 PM
Shark's october entry almost gets my vote, astounding plant. SBTUK just pips it for me tho. good luck all ;)

tykehash
13-01-10, 05:56 PM
SBTUK for me, the plant is just amazing, to say she was fetched indoors from the outside where she originally started and grew so Beautiful is a credit to the growing skills of SBTUK himself.

Everyone is a winner as proved, but this particular Lady just edges it for me.

lifelike
13-01-10, 06:30 PM
STBUK gets my vote that plant has really been grown to perfection awesome job mate!! congratz to all the others aswell some awesome pics :D

willyB
13-01-10, 06:31 PM
its like looking at a group of supermodels and saying which one you like best..........they are all A+ top notch

ME SMOKEM
14-01-10, 12:01 AM

oooops my bad thanks for kicking my old memory Tay... sry sbtuk ....peace

MoonLight
14-01-10, 12:16 AM
Gosh...the standard is just sooooo high. Such beautiful plants one and all. My short list came down to Meddy and SBTUK with just a hairs breadth in it. My vote goes to SBTUK. Lovely plant.

shark
14-01-10, 11:35 PM
booo..

my mighty delahaze seems to be lagging.. in a last ditch attempt to sprint to the finish, i want to remind you guys who have still to vote, of what was going on at the time that monster reigned..

this page in my diary contains the last pics of her in situe before being dragged out and chopped..

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=12006&page=15

if you haven't read it... your missing out!

this brings back some memories.. lol...

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/1088/DSC04720.JPG

.. lol.. remember this nonsense? (pic'd with her sister)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/1089/DSC04726.JPG

come on guys vote SHARK's monster for POTY!:headbang:

SBTUK
15-01-10, 08:06 AM
Thanks everyone for your votes & kind words:bigjoint: shark those pics above are amazing, I feel honoured to be rubbing shoulders with everyone in the comp as there all fantastic entries, anyway after much deliberation my vote goes to weedheed lovely plant m8,

ViK
15-01-10, 09:42 AM
Perhaps with all these good entries a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize medals are warranted.

Munkeyboi
15-01-10, 09:58 AM
no way is dekay going without a vote fer that beauty,

all cracking entries tho guys. Good luck everyone :)

munks

kit4113
15-01-10, 10:11 AM
Since converting to hydro myself and amazed at the results(keep it simple), shark gets my vote very nice delahaze m8:headbang: I thought the admin might do a hydro and soil comp? !!just an idea!! :guitar:

GAMBINO
15-01-10, 04:25 PM
gotta be stoneroz's april for me tha thing looks dankaful

the shrubman
15-01-10, 06:58 PM
i just dont think theres enough love for the fat cola. it takes some good all round conditions to grow a cola that fat

fat cola ftw

ddsdavey
16-01-10, 09:40 AM
I was looking at SBTUKs but the weight and size of Shark (Mr October!) just did it for me.I dont understand why Sharks first entry got no votes,its a real crystal affair.
Yeah im a Shark groupie lol.

weed heed
16-01-10, 02:55 PM
hooray i got some votes thanks very much robbobdo,monty and sbtuk,well done to all in the comp and the winner is gonny be well deserved of the title.weed heed

seanMcPot
16-01-10, 03:09 PM
there's 12 weeds i defo would'nt mind a smoke ov,i bet they all taste great!like theres a party in my mouth and everyone's invited!!

ddsdavey
18-01-10, 02:52 PM
theres a party in my mouth and everyone's invited!!

What you say to blokes to convince them to pop round yours is of no relevance here!

whitewidman
19-01-10, 09:39 PM
Well after much head scratching (probably nits) my vote goes to SBTUK. Thats one hell of a high standard all round well done the lot of you.

Ragman
25-01-10, 10:59 PM
Bump!!

Only a few more days to vote on your plant of 2009, please vote if you have not done so as the chance will soon be gone:)

dekay
26-01-10, 01:35 AM
Thanks munkey, didnt expect many votes after i cast mine for someone else lol.:)

gazzatothebeat
26-01-10, 01:47 AM
I went for poems snazzy wee purple number. was a really tough choice but i just loved the colouration of it. good job done by all, you guys know your stuff

stoneroz
26-01-10, 11:22 AM
thanks for all the votes guys!!! I gave my vote to Montybong, he had consistantly good POTM entries, and IMO, he should of had a few more trophies!!! GO MB!!!! Nice growin BUD!!!

up2nogood
27-01-10, 01:19 PM
damn hard to pick a winner,they are all winners in my book but shark October just pipped for me,well done sharky lad

TOWLIE
28-01-10, 12:57 AM
october-shark got my vote, them colas look so sexy its unreal

Eggbox
28-01-10, 01:33 AM
What's with people suddenly announcing their votes in red? :p

shark
28-01-10, 01:49 AM
dunno.. but its all good for me!

more red votes please.. lols

ddsdavey
28-01-10, 01:59 AM

I dont know but it could definitely be this seasons black

Eggbox
28-01-10, 02:23 AM
Well, if all the cool kids are doing it.. Might as well help pave the way ;)

up2nogood
30-01-10, 07:37 PM

hmmm I seem to have staged a red war haha,,no it's easier to see who the person I picked as the winner and it looks nicer then black :thefinger:

rich76
31-01-10, 04:54 PM
a tight call but monty bong just done it for me,fucking huge top bud,like it.

Ragman
01-02-10, 07:37 PM
Voting is now closed and we now have our first plant of the year winner, a huge round of applause and big congratulations to SBTUK :birthday::barmy::rock:

I hope you enjoy you exclusive trophy in your profile :joint:

OldSkoolDude
01-02-10, 07:59 PM
Well done SBTUK.. A worthy winner..:dance2:

Now make some room for that cup..;)

seanMcPot
01-02-10, 08:07 PM
well done sbtuk...!!
congrats to every 1 who was up for the votes
(all great plant,must have be to win in potm)

Monty Bong
01-02-10, 08:19 PM
Nice one SBTUK, well deserved mate :yeah mate:

(even if you did put a horseshoe in the bag when you weighed it :D)

The Green Man
01-02-10, 08:21 PM
well done sbtuk that was some plant as were the rest of um

SBTUK
01-02-10, 08:43 PM
I would like to thank everyone who voted for me & all the other contestants who took part as they where all superb examples! I know I aint been about much lately as Im currently on a grow holiday(due to the fact that this fukka was so damn stressfull) but hope to be resuming with this mental hobbie very soon,thanks again to everyone SBTUK

Stoneysmoker
01-02-10, 08:54 PM
Nice Trophy SBTUK and very well deserved. There were some excellent contenders, so well done :headbang::)

SBTUK
01-02-10, 09:37 PM
Nice one SBTUK, well deserved mate :yeah mate:

(even if you did put a horseshoe in the bag when you weighed it :D)

ha ha typical monty couldnt resist a pop could ya! & I was going to start being nice to you too hows yer blueberryxIonlyusetomatoketchupasfertiliser! coming on pal,catch yer soon m8

Monty Bong
01-02-10, 09:46 PM
ha ha typical monty couldnt resist a pop could ya! & I was going to start being nice to you too hows yer blueberryxIonlyusetomatoketchupasfertiliser! coming on pal,catch yer soon m8

I going up market this year and substituting Tomato feed for Buckfast, outdoor grow, Martian mean Green, she's going to be feking huge mate, she'll make your winner look like a bonsai. :thefinger:

SBTUK
01-02-10, 09:53 PM
I going up market this year and substituting Tomato feed for Buckfast, outdoor grow, Martian mean Green, she's going to be feking huge mate, she'll make your winner look like a bonsai. :thefinger:

monty I cant wait! your pesistance astonishes me, but will you do me a favour save me some buckfast so I can fill my new gold trophy to the brimm lol coz my bling is weighing me down,suppose I could use it next time I weigh my stash beats a lousy horse shoe everyday of the week.eh?

dekay
01-02-10, 09:57 PM
Lol MB SBTUK, congrats mate.:)

SBTUK
01-02-10, 09:59 PM
cheers dekay do us a favour & ban him lol

shark
01-02-10, 10:00 PM
congrats mate! well done.. loving your shiny trohpy!

shame there's no silver or bronze.. lol..:rvmp:

seanMcPot
01-02-10, 10:10 PM
only just noticed your medal,:Nice:
i want 1,sbtuk will ya swap it for a £20 bag of weed
:rvmp::rvmp::rvmp::rvmp::rvmp::rvmp:

SBTUK
01-02-10, 10:16 PM
you know the rules no word of dealing on the forum!ok a £30 bag & its yours must be dry & twig free tho!Im going to get my thc grill fitted tommorow, puff daddy eat yer heart out

Tay
02-02-10, 12:44 AM
oooo that is some sexy bling stb. well jealous. con-fucking-grats mate:mr:

TheGreenMachine
02-02-10, 01:53 AM
congrats SBTUK!

ddsdavey
02-02-10, 10:23 AM
To me you came second but to the site your no.1.Speech!

wigster
02-02-10, 01:51 PM
Well done mate - well derserved....bling a ding ding:dance2:

Munkeyboi
02-02-10, 03:30 PM
well done sb

beauty of a plant :)

dragonsilverlights
02-02-10, 03:39 PM
:smokie: was some very very nice looking plants sorry i vere voted but i could not chose between 2but sb 1 hell of a craking plant ,,buddy i ave a feeling you need a holiday,,hint hint lol free borad and loggings lol no realy one hell of a plant ill be happy when my new room be ste up so i can do the same i decide that even tho iam over the moon what the house hold light bulbs have done::cfl,s so far i have pulled a 0z of 1 in a 4lter pot and one in the next wekk about 1 1/2,,but that was my first grown amd in the space i have i cant do what you doing and a wonedrfull jod u done well done lad fair play,,but to everyone you all done very well and i am impressed with what i see hope it smokes just as well,,,:smokie:good luck and god bless:smokie: