PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of making the jump to LED

Dantheman
23-01-20, 11:37 AM
Alright folks im thinking of upgrading to LED as the title says. Any advice would be welcome my set up consists of 4 plants in 20l pots done with a 600w hps grown organically in soil.

GEORGE
23-01-20, 11:39 AM
Check out our Sponser.

Invisible_Sun
23-01-20, 11:42 AM
Alright folks im thinking of upgrading to LED as the title says. Any advice would be welcome my set up consists of 4 plants in 20l pots done with a 600w hps grown organically in soil.We recommend that you look around and check reviews.

Sent from my SM-G9650 using Tapatalk

Dantheman
23-01-20, 11:49 AM
The first place ive ended up is your website. Would 2x ISH150 Pro LEDs work well?

Invisible_Sun
23-01-20, 11:58 AM
The first place ive ended up is your website. Would 2x ISH150 Pro LEDs work well?Depends on your space but why buy 2 separates? That's more expensive. Check out the 265 and 265XL. You want a min of 30w per sq ft.

Dantheman
23-01-20, 12:01 PM
Typical stoner forgetting to put my space in. My tent is 1.2 x 1.2. Sorry im only very new into looking into LEDs ive been HPS for years and have been quite ignorant to the technology. Thanks for the reply ill check those 2 out!

Invisible_Sun
23-01-20, 12:05 PM
I do have to say though, you should also check out the sponsor as they do pay to advertise on here.

Dantheman
23-01-20, 12:13 PM
Cheers will have a look into itn

Dantheman
23-01-20, 08:17 PM
Would 2x ISH150-Type Rs work well for the space ive got?

M_C
23-01-20, 09:22 PM
Would 2x ISH150-Type Rs work well for the space ive got?

I'd work with our sponsor mate....

Dantheman
23-01-20, 09:26 PM
Thing is which one to go for im a complete novice with LEDs so saying check out the sponsor doesnt really help me in the slightest and at least the other guys got back with some info rapid

M_C
23-01-20, 09:34 PM
Thing is which one to go for im a complete novice with LEDs so saying check out the sponsor doesnt really help me in the slightest and at least the other guys got back with some info rapid

The other guy risked a ban for what he said... is that really the sort of person that you wish to deal with?

I'll move this thread into our LED sponsors forum where it will be seen easier :)

thelastrebel
23-01-20, 10:04 PM
So is this a Vivid thread or an LED thread?

The sponsors might pay to advertise here but do they really pay enough to have threads like this moved into their own subforum to shut doen discussion of any alternatives? I have no doubt that HLG lights are great but there are tons of different LED routes you can take - several of us on here have had a great journey with DIY solutions for example, and have had really useful and informative conversations about them. Would be rude to suggest anything now the thread's been moved though, so effectively we've censored that discussion to, what, make sales for Vivid or to scorn IS? Seems a pity either way, and doesn't make anyone involved look good.

Sorry about that OP, one thing I'll add that might be useful to you is to ask what the height of your space is? One arguable advantage LEDs have over HPS is that you have multiple light sources which can help you create an even spread over your canopy - particularly if your space isn't that tall that might be something to think about. (No doubt whatever your space and priorities, vivid will have something suitable.)

M_C
23-01-20, 10:24 PM
So is this a Vivid thread or an LED thread?

The sponsors might pay to advertise here but do they really pay enough to have threads like this moved into their own subforum to shut doen discussion of any alternatives? I have no doubt that HLG lights are great but there are tons of different LED routes you can take - several of us on here have had a great journey with DIY solutions for example, and have had really useful and informative conversations about them. Would be rude to suggest anything now the thread's been moved though, so effectively we've censored that discussion to, what, make sales for Vivid or to scorn IS? Seems a pity either way, and doesn't make anyone involved look good.

Sorry about that OP, one thing I'll add that might be useful to you is to ask what the height of your space is? One arguable advantage LEDs have over HPS is that you have multiple light sources which can help you create an even spread over your canopy - particularly if your space isn't that tall that might be something to think about. (No doubt whatever your space and priorities, vivid will have something suitable.)

Whilst I totally understand your concerns, we had a deleted post (which I won't repeat) & moving the thread here helps...

Normally I would leave it but when non sponsors start to ask people to contact them... I'm sure you understand where I come from...

If you have any thoughts on the original question then feel free to share :)

thelastrebel
23-01-20, 10:30 PM
Whilst I totally understand your concerns, we had a deleted post (which I won't repeat) & moving the thread here helps...

Normally I would leave it but when non sponsors start to ask people to contact them... I'm sure you understand where I come from...

If you have any thoughts on the original question then feel free to share :)

Yeah, I do get the difficulty. Just a shame I guess...

I'll certainly follow the thread, I tend to follow most LED threads, and offer any thoughts I have that will be useful. It's rare that that happens since some here are so much more knowledgeable than me but every so often I think of something! For me so far, the advice has got to follow the height so OP if you can give that it'd be great

gardro
23-01-20, 10:38 PM
I was going to type something but its like click bait so i wont.

WhIpLaSh
23-01-20, 10:49 PM
I'm high as a giraffe's pussy so please bear with me but this whole situation is just weird. Why are IS allowed to even have an account in their name if they're no longer a paying sponsor? Surely that is a type of advertising in and of itself?

Then when you add the blatant pitching for business on any relevant LED thread, it just takes the piss. Surely the account should be guested or banned?

I'm also completely unbiased, in fact I'm a happy customer of theirs but their conduct on the forum lately has been pretty poor. No offence to Rich but c'mon, man.

P.S. If there is a commercial agreement in place for their account name, I've just wasted 20 minutes typing this shit for fuck all [emoji23]

sourshoes
24-01-20, 12:43 AM
There's a ton of options and all of them have their merits. @gardro he seems to have the most knowledge and he'll suggest an HLG and with good reason. I love mine and everyone here with one has good results after a learning curve.

Bottom line, find something that's in your price range and you can live with. They last a long time so you only want to buy it once.

vividled
24-01-20, 02:09 AM
Hi sorry for the late reply I've been having all kinds of issues with chrome on android as a browser sadly.

vividled
24-01-20, 02:12 AM
Alright folks im thinking of upgrading to LED as the title says. Any advice would be welcome my set up consists of 4 plants in 20l pots done with a 600w hps grown organically in soil.

Hi sorry for the late response browser issues.

Can I recommend the 550 kit for that space. I also offer on an alloy frame for even better ppfd distribution for a 1.2m2.

Street Smart
24-01-20, 05:53 PM
Hi sorry for the late response browser issues.

Can I recommend the 550 kit for that space. I also offer on an alloy frame for even better ppfd distribution for a 1.2m2.

Do you mean this kit? It's on sale as well!

https://vividled.co.uk/shop?olsPage=products%2Fhlg-550-r-spec-kit-3000k-4000k

David

vividled
24-01-20, 06:07 PM
Yes absolutely and if anyone from the forum gets in touch I can offer them 5% extra off any 550 kit and an additional 10% off any 600 kit on top of the sale discount as an introductory offer, so the forum members can experience the capability of these lights for themselves.

Dantheman
24-01-20, 11:34 PM
So it did take me a while to find the post as i was looking in the lighting section. Whats the difference between 3000k, 4000k and R spec? My grow tent is 1.2x1.2x2.2 so its plenty tall enough!

Cleargreen
24-01-20, 11:56 PM
So it did take me a while to find the post as i was looking in the lighting section. Whats the difference between 3000k, 4000k and R spec? My grow tent is 1.2x1.2x2.2 so its plenty tall enough!

Next time if your looking for a thread you already posted in check the "Quick Links" pull down menu at the top of the page and then the second button from the top "Subscribed Threads"

As for the LED, just diode it :laugh:

IceCalibur
25-01-20, 12:05 AM
As for the LED, just diode it :laugh:

Seems the joke has spread lol [emoji23]

vividled
25-01-20, 12:19 AM
Hi I'll add pictures of the spectral output on the forum as well as my site. But 3000k is slightly warm white, 3500k neutral white and 400k considered slightly cool white. The R spec uses 3500k diodes and some osram ssl deep red to give an overall colour temp of approx 3200k.
Warm white and R spec are generally best for flowering and 4000k or B spec best for veg. Although I personally recommend a mix of both as a wonderful full cyckenlight to make the most of the blue and red peaks in spectral output.

vividled
25-01-20, 01:14 AM

Hi I've now added pics of their relative spectral output on the forum buddy. And there are more on my and hlgs website thanks.

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/5107/IMG-20200124-WA0003.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/199462/title/quantum-board-spectral-output/cat/5107)