PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody or has anybody grow tobacco plants

scorpion
24-02-20, 02:38 PM
Wasn’t sure where to post this, but thinking of growing my own tobacco plants and just wondered if anybody else has or does
Cheers

M_C
24-02-20, 02:47 PM
I used to say I was going to every year... but never did :(

Growing it is the easy bit, drying & curing is harder :(

scorpion
24-02-20, 03:21 PM
Yes I can imagine like the bud m8, was thinking of doing it years ago but went on to growing bud then, price of baccy and cigs are getting to be a fucking joke now m8 even the imported good stuff is 13-15, looking at the size e bastards get to they would have to be done outside wouldn’t they
Cheers

scorpion
24-02-20, 03:28 PM
I can’t even find out if it’s legal to grow, not that it makes much difference when I’m growing weed indoors but it would if I had to grow it outside, the last site I found looked legit and said it’s legal, I probably sound like a dick but would anyone else in the uk be surprised if it wasn’t legal unless we pay tax on it
Cheers

M_C
24-02-20, 03:31 PM
It's legal to grow but you may find that there is a limit on how much you can dry & cure (as if anyone would pay any attention LOL)

You used to be able to buy the leaf on the internet at about £20 a kilo... but you had to promise you were just making snuff with it :laugh:

Herbitual
24-02-20, 03:44 PM
My grandad grew tobacco plants once (in the blood, it seems)

He nurtured and tended them every day with a growing sense of pride.

They looked stunning.

He eventually chopped them, dried and trimmed everything up and rolled the first one up.

To cut a very long story short, it nearly killed him and he never smoked again.

Something to do with saltpetre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M_C
24-02-20, 03:46 PM
Saltpetre is added to cigarettes to keep them lit. That's why roll ups go out when left but a cigarette doesn't

scorpion
24-02-20, 03:49 PM
It's legal to grow but you may find that there is a limit on how much you can dry & cure (as if anyone would pay any attention LOL)

You used to be able to buy the leaf on the internet at about £20 a kilo... but you had to promise you were just making snuff with it :laugh:

Lol never knew they sold the leaves for it

M_C
24-02-20, 03:51 PM
Lol never knew they sold the leaves for it

It's a very grey area that is frowned upon by HMRC, hence the need for them to say it is for snuff ;)

scorpion
24-02-20, 03:53 PM
My grandad grew tobacco plants once (in the blood, it seems)

He nurtured and tended them every day with a growing sense of pride.

They looked stunning.

He eventually chopped them, dried and trimmed everything up and rolled the first one up.

To cut a very long story short, it nearly killed him and he never smoked again.

Something to do with saltpetre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a bastard man I’d be gutted m8, glad ur grandad recovered from it, I’ll have to read up on that thanks m8

scorpion
24-02-20, 03:54 PM
Saltpetre is added to cigarettes to keep them lit. That's why roll ups go out when left but a cigarette doesn't

So should that be in it or out of it m8 don’t want to fuck myself up, cheers m8

scorpion
24-02-20, 03:56 PM
It's a very grey area that is frowned upon by HMRC, hence the need for them to say it is for snuff ;)

Fuckin jokers m8 we can’t do fuckall for ourselves without getting in shit, wouldn’t surprise me if they started charging us to breathe lol

M_C
24-02-20, 04:00 PM
I had a go at the whole making fags... TBH, I found it not worth the effort - but! if you do go down that road, look for a shredder that will also cross cut or you end up with silly long strands....

scorpion
24-02-20, 04:02 PM
If I’m waffling shit I’ve had a smoke lol, and I need to try that tapa again it’s an absolute ballache typing on my phone without it

scorpion
24-02-20, 04:05 PM
I had a go at the whole making fags... TBH, I found it not worth the effort - but! if you do go down that road, look for a shredder that will also cross cut or you end up with silly long strands....

You mean u bought the leaves and tried it m8

M_C
24-02-20, 04:09 PM
You mean u bought the leaves and tried it m8

I did indeed. Bought the leafs, shredder, cigarette tubes & stuffer :) TBH, Virginia tobacco needs to be blended with the darker ones to be successful - but I couldn't be arsed with ratios & the like... My shredder also cut a little wide for my liking... and, as I said, the leafs are massive & the shredded bits are long :(

scorpion
24-02-20, 04:13 PM
Ah right i might look into in the future, can’t afford all the shit to grow bud let alone grow tobacco lol cheers m8, 4 of my bastard leds have burnt out on my mars now as well so I’ve got to get a new light, I’m hoping it will last for another 6 months or so

M_C
24-02-20, 04:22 PM
Is your light not under warranty?

scorpion
24-02-20, 06:00 PM
No m8 had it about 3 years and realistically used it for about a year in that time, I bought it when I had the dough m8 cheers

Herbitual
24-02-20, 07:46 PM
What a bastard man I’d be gutted m8, glad ur grandad recovered from it, I’ll have to read up on that thanks m8

Dead 6 months later.

Sadface
24-02-20, 07:53 PM
I know a member who ain't been around for a while called hobbit,he used to grow it outdoors ,he was in Australia though ,not sure if the climate needed ,sure if you do a search you may find his posts

M_C
24-02-20, 07:57 PM
Was it Hobbit that grew the coffee beans too?

Sadface
24-02-20, 07:58 PM
Possibly he had all sorts going on in his back yard mc ,weird fruits and so on ..

M_C
24-02-20, 08:00 PM
There was someone, can't remember who, that grew their own coffee beans, roasted them, ground them... and had enough for one mug full ;)

Sadface
24-02-20, 08:01 PM
Bet it was him

Herbitual
24-02-20, 08:04 PM
Didn't even like coffee.

scorpion
24-02-20, 10:18 PM
Dead 6 months later.

sorry to hear that m8

scorpion
24-02-20, 10:23 PM
I know a member who ain't been around for a while called hobbit,he used to grow it outdoors ,he was in Australia though ,not sure if the climate needed ,sure if you do a search you may find his posts

cheers m8 i'll have to have a search of his name, i have tried searching on here but it doesn't work right i don't think

scorpion
24-02-20, 10:25 PM
Was it Hobbit that grew the coffee beans too?

wouldn't mind growing some but they would be shit outside in the uk wouldn't they ?

M_C
25-02-20, 05:18 AM
Yeah, I don't think we have the weather to grow them :(

Trex
25-02-20, 01:20 PM
Fuckin jokers m8 we can’t do fuckall for ourselves without getting in shit, wouldn’t surprise me if they started charging us to breathe lolThey already do man . Its called the Carbon Tax ffs . Remember all that C02 they keep saying were pumpin into atmosphere .... well co2 is exhaled from out lungs every breath

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk