PDA

View Full Version : Dont You Just Hate Snow?

Gary C
08-01-10, 08:09 PM
Hi guys, basically me and a few lads have flights to Dam booked for this friday (15th) lovely looking hotel...perfect location and cheap. now everythings sorted but with all this snow which is not looking like its gona stop, im shitting a brick about cancellations and what not at gatwick. im guessing its in gods hands really but it would mess me up big style not flying on the 15th. just thought id share my dilema.....feel free to douse me in reasurance :)

Bobby Digital
09-01-10, 09:13 AM
They say its gonna be snowing for a week m8 looks like you may need to catch a ferry, no reasurance from me m8 but good luck with getting there. Must be shit when the weather fucks u over.
peace

Mr_Bimble
09-01-10, 01:21 PM
You got travel insurance?

If your flying from a major airport you might still be OK (provided you can get there) - keep checking the flight & airport website.

Ferry is another possibility (don't go eurostar or you might get stuck in the wrong type of tunnel)

GrassHopper
09-01-10, 02:01 PM
I'll reassure you mate! I got Psychic powers and using my crystal ball I will look into next week:

Oh Yes... I see all the snow is cleared, I see lots of planes taking off from Gatwick, I see you looking through windows at girls in underwear and you are laughing loudly after smoking lots of green stuff and nearly getting run over by a tram, no it's a car, oh hang on it could be a bike. lol.

I can also predict tonight's lotto numbers, they are: 98, 60, 75, 86, 94, 99

:rvmp:

Hope it all goes well for you mate n you have a ball!

The Lost Soul
09-01-10, 02:04 PM
Don't listen to these pessimists Gary mate, positive thinkin all the way.

kingskiner
09-01-10, 02:21 PM
rushes out to buy lotto ticket!!!!!!

(is arguing with assistant why my ticket only goes up to 49)

ViK
09-01-10, 03:19 PM
Your flight will be fine mate don't worry about it :)

Gary C
09-01-10, 03:39 PM
thanks for the replys guys! Im flying from gatwick and have been looking at the 7 day forcasts and all that, the day i fly (fri) is the only day all this week where it doesnt snow.....just heavy rain all day! so im preying i get lucky! and yeah i got travel insurance, the only bitch is the hotel will charge the credit card for the whole stay if we dont cancel by monday :(

The Lost Soul
09-01-10, 09:11 PM
Gary mate, the most any hotel can charge for a non-show is 1nights cost.
As long as you let them know on the day you are travelling, you will be fine.
Don't worry mate all will be well.
I've travelled there 11 time in all types of weather over the past 15yrs or so,
and i've never had a plane cancellation due to weather conditions.
Positive thinkin mate.....

mangohaze
09-01-10, 09:58 PM
WHY.WHY WHY??????
Loads of places around the world are snow bound half the year round and there airports operate just as well. snow or on snow. so why can they not handle it .its not like keeping every road clear just half a dozen runways .:thefinger:

Gary C
09-01-10, 10:18 PM
very reasuring the soul :) thanks bro

The Lost Soul
09-01-10, 10:30 PM
No probs mate.
If it happens that it's cancelled (which it won't mate)
All you need to do is phone the card company to tell them to stop any debit from the hotel in question, then phone the
hotel and tell them that you've cancelled their transaction, and by law they can only seek re-imbursement through correspondance.
My mate has done this a few times when travelling by ferry and never had any probs.
Fuckin enjoy mate, you'll fuckin love it!!
Any questions about the Dam and you can pm me and i'll give you a few pointers. Lived there for a while aswell, so have a fair wee bit of knowledge on the place.
Cheers.

Gary C
10-01-10, 02:34 PM
thanks again mate, i have been once before but it was all a blur! we went on the simply garage rave on a yacht out there and was epic! more to the point though....HAHAHAH no snow today...Gary C 1...God 0 muahahahaha :joint:

Father jack
12-01-10, 08:28 AM
Bugger if only you were abke to get over to the dam then get snowed in mmmm that would be nice lol space cakes anyone :P