PDA

View Full Version : can you flower nirvana northern lights from seed?

micovwar
09-01-10, 02:59 PM
hiya

im new,i did try a search but maybe i suck,appologies.

i bought a pack of ten regular northern lights (not feminised) and also a pack of nirvana white widow (not feminised) but havent opened or germinated the white widow yet as i havent got the grow space.

anyway i germinated 5 northern lights and have had them on 18/6 for the past 3 days and just wanted to know: can you flower nirvana northern lights on 12/12 instead of vegging 18/6 from seed?

im realy quite new to growing (this is my second grow) last year i grew 2 nirvana ak48 and they turned out great and kept me in weed for a few months but i found the vegitation stage a drag and it seemed to take around 5 months from seed to harvest,can i just go straight to flower and still get good plants rather than go through the vegging stage and if so will this save me any time?

any help appreciated thanx.

mic.

BOBmonk
09-01-10, 03:33 PM
ya man of coarse, you can do any strain of bud in 12/12 :joint:

bergkamp
09-01-10, 03:37 PM
nirvana northen lights does well 12/12 from seed not a massive yield but a great smoke.
see my diary here https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=2254

you can try 12/12 from seed with any strain but some strains seem to do better with it than others . have a look through the diaries of other 12/12 growers and see what takes your fancy

micovwar
09-01-10, 04:49 PM
nirvana northen lights does well 12/12 from seed not a massive yield but a great smoke.
see my diary here https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=2254

you can try 12/12 from seed with any strain but some strains seem to do better with it than others . have a look through the diaries of other 12/12 growers and see what takes your fancy

thanx man,strange as it may seem ive just been reading through all your 12/12 diaries (i should have looked before posting) so you recon ile be fine to start 12/12 now (my 5 babys only have the first set of small real leaves) just wasnt sure if it would stress them as ive already started them on 18/6?

thanks again for the replys fellas.

mic.

bergkamp
09-01-10, 04:58 PM
yep they will be fine mate

micovwar
09-01-10, 05:17 PM
thanx alot buddy,some mighty fine grows youve had mind using the 12/12 from seed system,will you ever go back to full grows (vegging then flower) or will you stay 12/12 forever now.

major props man.

mic.

bergkamp
09-01-10, 05:35 PM
12/12 suits me as i only grow for percy and i aint a massive smoker , normally just one bowl of my vape a day to help me get to sleep . so im not really after massive yields. i get enough good quality weed to keep me happy this way on three harvests a year (four plants a time )
my space is only about four foot tall so once youve got the lights and pots in there i havent got much space so 12/12 is ideal for me with most strains only growing to around two foot.
so i will be sticking with it for the foreseeable future

micovwar
09-01-10, 07:24 PM
fair comment man,ile be setting my 5 babys away flowering from 6pm tommorow night and if all works out well this may well be my new grow strategy as im very much in the same situation as you only growing for personal use.
however im a bong man (dont do spliffs unless socializing) maybe 3 or 4 a day but i do like to hit it good on a weekend when chilling at home.

thnx for the info and help m8.

mic.

supra
17-01-10, 11:34 PM
hiya

im new,i did try a search but maybe i suck,appologies.

i bought a pack of ten regular northern lights (not feminised) and also a pack of nirvana white widow (not feminised) but havent opened or germinated the white widow yet as i havent got the grow space.

anyway i germinated 5 northern lights and have had them on 18/6 for the past 3 days and just wanted to know: can you flower nirvana northern lights on 12/12 instead of vegging 18/6 from seed?

im realy quite new to growing (this is my second grow) last year i grew 2 nirvana ak48 and they turned out great and kept me in weed for a few months but i found the vegitation stage a drag and it seemed to take around 5 months from seed to harvest,can i just go straight to flower and still get good plants rather than go through the vegging stage and if so will this save me any time?

any help appreciated thanx.

mic.

5mths !!!!!! in good light m8 3-4 weeks tops .you need a hps light from your local grow shop its about £100 all in .u can veg an flower under it .faster growing .bigger yield .shorter time span.[alot better than 5 mth]u could do 2 grows in 5 mths if you wanted .my m8 takes cuts and vegs them for 10 days .they come out at the end about 1 1/2 foot tall from soil.he get just under 1.1/4 oz of a plant

jono1988
20-01-10, 01:25 AM
Hi mate im doing 12/12 nirvana northern lights grow atm, check out my diary if you want, they are doing well up to now. good luck with your grow.