PDA

View Full Version : THC % is misrepresented in HPLC chromatography

johnsmith559
19-11-20, 04:55 AM
THC is not 20% in the bud it is closer to 2 to 3 % .
the thc percentage given is in relation to the extracted oil during sampling not in relation to the bud .
during sampling the bud sample is ground to a powder and centrifuged in lab grade methanol for 4 hours and then strained through a 1 micron filter to remove all contaminants such as leaf .
the remaining oil is what is tested
the average percentage of oil is 15% as per the lab tech ( and anyone who had ever made bubble hash or rosin)

So got my THC test back from the lab today. The THC came back at 24.64 . ( thca+thc)
I asked the lab tech specifically does that mean I have 0.2464 grams THC in a gram ?
He said NO SIR , and preceded to explain the sampling procedure for the HPLC CHROMATOGRAPHY unit .
The 24.64% is based on extracted oil .
Below the HPLC chromatograph are two charts that highlight the cannabinoid potencies of your product. The first chart identifies cannabinoid concentrations (Fig. 3). As you can see, the delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) level is 24.64 per cent (the product sample analyzed in this example is a cannabinoid extract, so the concentrations are much higher than what would occur in dried flowers).

I will post a pic of the sampling procedure .
I do not know why this is not known more widely?
it only makes sense. you can't have higher percentage thc % that the resin content of the plant.
the extracts are correct as their original mass is tested and not reduced ( no leaf)

M_C
19-11-20, 05:36 AM
This thread has a familiar ring to it.....

Herbitual
19-11-20, 09:32 AM
And recent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wags
19-11-20, 09:39 AM
Man the weed gets me stoned i couldn't give too monkeys how much thc per gram of whatever. If it tastes nice and get me high thats all that really matters.
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
Hasn't this been posted before?
Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Herbitual
19-11-20, 09:59 AM
Previously posted by JohnSmith_559 (banned) and preceded by JohnSmith2020 (banned)

Tiresome.

Herbitual
19-11-20, 10:14 AM
And just for extra pain, old John here must be the most boring fucking spammer in the world. Nobody is interested in his dull story.

WhIpLaSh
19-11-20, 04:18 PM
What's his deal? Does he rep a THC testing lab or something similar?

Valentina
19-11-20, 04:34 PM

It's divisive, for no good reason, just invites a lot of noise from people to get riled up and voice their opinions when not many do have the knowledge or experience of the boffins in thie relevant field.

Last time I looked his numbers crunched fine, but just because the mathematically crunchable doesn't mean there is any significant meaning to it in the real world.

If culturally people are used to seeing One Thing, that is what gets adopted for those new to the field, even if it is inherently not optimal. Leafly have this really obscure picture chart that is colour coded to relect THC% as well as Terpenes, without bombarding people with nerdism. But at least they made an effort and came up with a potential solution that would work well for people who are more visual than wordy.

This guy reminds me of another guy here... splitting hairs over things that's inconsequential IRL.

M_C
19-11-20, 04:40 PM

He runs a cannabis consultancy

GEORGE
19-11-20, 05:34 PM
None of the BS makes any since to me. If weed has 1% or 20%, it doesn't seem to matter, because if you know how, you can get 100& out of any rated weed.