PDA

View Full Version : What GROW nutrients do you recommend?

DRO-GROW
21-12-07, 08:19 AM
I'm using Dr. Hornby's Big Bud for the flowering stage but what do you guys recommend for GROW nutrients?

green_machine
21-12-07, 04:30 PM
Well that's not going to work DRO...:cowboy:

You will need Bloom nutes as well as the Big Bud (which is essentially a potassium and phosphorous mix like PK or Potash), to assist the plants to develop their flowers and fruit to the full potential.

Your choice of nutes for grow and flower is up to you - but do yourself a favor and buy something decent like Canna or Advanced that have a good user rep.
Also use the same brand in both stages.

You should consider throwing some root developer in the mix during veg stage as well (like Rhizotonic) cause we all know that great roots mean big buds.

green_machine :smokie:

DRO-GROW
21-12-07, 11:52 PM
to save some time and effort I decided to get a few drip irrigation kits that come w/ everything, including nutes and ph up/down and testers (understanding that those nutes probably suck I plan on using Grow/Micro/Bloom from ADVANCED NUTRIENTS along w/ Big Bud. but I was thinking for my lighting, since i have only 2.5 feet of width to work w/, couldn't I use one 125W CFL for my mother plant and my 1-2 month old clones? (total of 5 plants: 1 mother and 4 growing clones)

Dank Grower
11-12-08, 12:57 AM
stay away from canna its garbage ive used entire line ,poor yields chemmy taste i now use advanced sensi gro and bloom way cleaner stuff !! just dont use pirahna or tarantula from them, in hydro it will contaminate your system

Mad-Ma84
11-12-08, 07:15 PM
im using metrop, its a 5 bottle yoke, lot of measurin but it seems ta pay of wit my first grow. there an amino root, bloom, cal green, mr1 and mr2, they're used in different combination for diff stages, like amino root, cal green and mr1 for veggin and then bloom, calgreen and mr2 for flowerin stages.
still only on the veg stage tho but am changin to flowerin at the weekend so hope all goes well

Munkeyboi
11-12-08, 07:20 PM
I'm using growth technologies a & b mix,

Theres a veg one and bloom one. Mines hard water one.

Seems ok, so far so good.

Got this PK13/14 stuff it says i can add 3 weeks before flowering ends, but im not so sure i want to rock the boat

black.lung
11-12-08, 07:24 PM
i use hesi nutes they are pretty good