PDA

View Full Version : Short rider (nirvana) any one grown?

mxc
20-01-10, 04:41 PM
I bought a packet of these a few months back but never got round to starting them off and went instead for a few easyryder/gummy guns grow.

I've seen on a few other forums that these have a tendency not to autoflower (like they are meant to) and just wondering of anyoner here has grown or any info about them.

Bong_on_1988
20-01-10, 10:39 PM
Not got any expirence of them but if you grow them to about 4 week and they havnt started flowering give them 24hours of darkness and that will kick them in to flower mate tryed and tested method lol.

TheGeneralStoner
14-03-10, 06:58 PM
I,m growing 1 at the mo check my diary.

mxc
19-03-10, 02:39 AM
I've also got one on the grow at the moment

My view is dont be led in to believing that this will be like normal autos which finish in 8-10 weeks. The description on various websites mentions a mix of top 44 and "early riser" which suggests it will finish quickly.

Mine has been growing on 20/4 for the past 8 weeks and i reckon it has at least another 3-4 weeks to go.

Whilst it has grown massively (it strecthed a bit early on and had to be tied down at nearly 2ft!!), i was not really impressed with the bud development and decided to switch the lights to 12/12 and concentrate on my flowering NL#9

Since then the buds have not developed nicely alll over and it clearly has responded to 12/12.

If i grow these again, then i will certainly lst them from the start as the buds lower down are getting nice and chunky. Also i would be inclined to switch to 12/12 from week 6-7 onwards which should give a good crop within 10 weeks.

may try and post a piccie later

mxc
19-03-10, 03:06 AM
Since then the buds have not developed nicely alll over and it clearly has responded to 12/12.

Should have said "have developed nicely"..too much WW

mxc
19-03-10, 03:30 AM
if you go to the stealth grow section i have posted a couple of pics

blazon
19-03-10, 03:32 AM
My brother doesn't usually have bad things to say about seed companies but apparently he's had nothing but bad luck with nirvana.