PDA

View Full Version : seeds or babys

beano
20-01-10, 09:04 PM
do you guys who grow veg, grow from seeds or buy the plants already started if so where do you get them ?

i have used wiggly wrigglers before but they seemed expensive

cheers

dragonsilverlights
20-01-10, 09:27 PM
:smokie: i would allway go for seeds,, unless you personly know the mother plant,, never trust plants from someone u dont know as they may carry all types of bugs ect /bad geens, ect:from seed you have the control over what plants you want to grow and if you want a mother plant from clones:i recmend reg seeds,,female seeds from only recomeneded companys,, no i aint saying i dont want a bollocking,, lol there are to many out there selling shit seeds with bad geens:smokie:good luck and god bless:smokie:

dragonsilverlights
20-01-10, 11:43 PM
:smokie: i would allway go for seeds,, unless you personly know the person you getting plants from because of plant bugs ect:used recomeded companys to many companys out there sell shit seeds:smokie:good luck and god bless:smokie:
sorry miss read it 1st time lol: but the rules still the same..to off me head at moment better sit bk and shut the fuck up till me head clears:smokie:

Hova
21-01-10, 08:21 PM
true but once you have the lady you want clone is the onlyway for me

beano
21-01-10, 08:42 PM
i just read my original post and it wasnt too clear i meant vegetable plants not canna

brocoli cauli cabbage beans and shit like that

dragonsilverlights
21-01-10, 11:50 PM
:smokie:i grow al my vwg from seed it bit harder work but get so much more of a buzz:smokie:good luck and god bless:smokie:

hort
22-01-10, 01:36 AM
It is easier to grow from vegetable seedlings IMHO, beano. It cuts down on the time you spend growing the veggies and other problems you may have like damping off etc. Growing from seed, you usually start the seeds then have to thin out then transplant. From seedlings you can just put them in the ground and you are off ......................

hort

beano
22-01-10, 06:54 PM
hort thats what i am going to try this year, last year i had loads of plants i had germed and had to bin i had tomato plants comin out of my ears and a box full of probable out of date half packs of seeds left over.

i grew veg and sald stuff i dint even eat or like maybe i just got giddy as it was the first garden plot i had done

what good did come from it was friends family and neighbours got plenty of greens

hort
23-01-10, 01:26 AM
what good did come from it was friends family and neighbours got plenty of greens

That's one nice thing about growing veggies, lots to give away and make other people happy too. :)

Good luck beano!

hort