PDA

View Full Version : lighting and feed ?

girlsonly
23-12-07, 01:35 PM
how many plants will a 400w hps do ?

what is the best veg feed ? for compost and how often do you feed it ?

what is best flower feed ? for compost and how often should i feed ?

Midnight Toker
23-12-07, 02:09 PM
how many plants will a 400w hps do ?

what is the best veg feed ? for compost and how often do you feed it ?

what is best flower feed ? for compost and how often should i feed ?

Hi & welcome to thctalk ...

You'll find the answers to these and just about any other question you have will be answered by investing a few hours reading through the grow diaries & associated growing sections .. there's even one for complete novices.

Please take the time to look for yourself as the questions you are asking will lead to other questions etc etc ... once you've read through & still have questions you'll get all the replies you want but you gotta be prepared to do a bit for yourself.

Having said that, just this once..

I wouldn't try to get more than 9 under that light but personally i'd stick with 6 females under a 400w.

As for feeding & compost .. most people tend to use a good compost such as levingtons or own brand mixes that contain John Innes no1 for seedlings & veg & John Innes no3 for mature plants/flowering .. either way mix in @ 30% perlite & vermiculite to aid water retention & airation of the soil.

There are more exotic mixes available & you might wanna look online if you want something a bit different, greenshorticulture can supply just about all you need.

There are many different feeds on the market .. i use the Canna Terra range.

Vega for veg, though you prob wont need any as the soil has more than enough nutes for the veg stage.

Flores for flowering ...

Canna Boost Accelerator .. what it says on the tin, boosts bud/flower production

PK 13/14 ... another supplement that helps deliver the required/preferred nutes in mid to late flower.

And that's about it ..

Now go read !!