PDA

View Full Version : Total cost for a dam trip

Naxx
23-01-10, 03:43 PM
Hey guys, I'm going to try go dam before I start uni, how much are we looking for a week away including some cheap accomodation & flights... And I haven't a clue how much gets you what over there...

Cheers chapsss

Naxx

smoke 1
23-01-10, 03:47 PM
i went for 4 days all in all cost bout £750 but well worth it make sure u go barneys and ammensia nice bud and nice place to chill enjoy

GrassHopper
23-01-10, 03:57 PM
I couldn't afford to go for a week, cost me nearly £500 for 2 nights 3 days but I paid about £60 per night for hotel but you can get them a lot cheaper than that. A mate o mine just turns up without booking and only pays about 20 per night. Bit of a tip though if never been before - Get train from the airport to Central station, only €4 as opposed to €60 in a taxi.

If all you're doing is going to smoke then a week is too long - for me it is anyway esp when you need at least £100 day spends.

Gary C
23-01-10, 04:49 PM
boy the day i can afford to go for a week will be a sweeet day haha have a blast pal!

Naxx
23-01-10, 05:44 PM
Hehe ok maybe like 3 days 4 nights then, and yeah only to smoke up, I had a long enough job explaining to the girlfriend the dam wasn't just RLD lol

The Lost Soul
23-01-10, 06:15 PM
500bucks minimum, not including flight+Hotel.
Prob about 800bucks all in for 4days.

Naxx
23-01-10, 08:03 PM
Cheers guys, not as cheap as I imagined, but hey you only live once :)

smokeydj
24-01-10, 01:15 AM
1st time i went was for 5 days and it was way too long, cost about £800 all in but i cant say i stayed away from the rld lol

best option is probably a 2 - 3 day trip and as GrassHopper said take a train to central station to save on cash, o and beware of crackheads lol

2me
29-01-10, 03:52 PM
I'm going March 13-15 and staying at the Flying Pig Downtown Hostel, me and my girlfriend got a double bed in a 20 person room. The hostel + flights cos £240 for the both of us.

This is my 3rd time to the dam within a year and always stay at the flying pig, it's dead central, right by the station, the bars SO cheap and open till about 5am!

GrassHopper
29-01-10, 04:39 PM
1st time i went was for 5 days and it was way too long, cost about £800 all in but i cant say i stayed away from the rld lol

best option is probably a 2 - 3 day trip and as GrassHopper said take a train to central station to save on cash, o and beware of crackheads lol

Yeah, don't be tempted by all the black dudes whispering "Cocaine, Charlie, Ecstacy" as you walk past. I bought 10 E's off a guy for €30, I even inspected and tasted one before I handed my money over and was sold mints pmsl.

me and my girlfriend got a double bed in a 20 person room.

No way, I couldn't share a room with 20

terry365
31-01-10, 07:01 PM
the dam sounds cool but i 2 couldint share with 20 ppl farting etc. esp with ya gf with you id be wanting a dirty weekend out the trip olso lol but it sounds a great place to go .

BURNZ
01-02-10, 01:12 AM
All inclusive from Toronto for a week costs $2200.00 and up, cheaper for me to go to Jamaica .

jimmi
01-02-10, 03:49 AM
last time i went to the dam it cost me 300 notes for 4 days...that included 2 goes at a pro lol.......the latest exchange rate sucks the big one!

a few tips for you, dont buy anything off anybody who isnt white and native....not being racist but they will take you for every penny

dont enter into conversation with the beggers if you so much as say boo they will get money out of you

dont fight with any beggers/dealers you hit 1 of em and about 500 will crawl outta the wood work.....one begger hassled us for about 2 miles around the rld so i ended up launching him into the canal and a few of the lads got cut up pretty bad for it....what a night that was

finally give the coppers mucho respect, they are actually quite decent chaps but if you mess about they will shoot you lol

mashedupmark
02-02-10, 10:20 AM
last time i went to the dam it cost me 300 notes for 4 days...that included 2 goes at a pro lol.......the latest exchange rate sucks the big one!

a few tips for you, dont buy anything off anybody who isnt white and native....not being racist but they will take you for every penny

dont enter into conversation with the beggers if you so much as say boo they will get money out of you

dont fight with any beggers/dealers you hit 1 of em and about 500 will crawl outta the wood work.....one begger hassled us for about 2 miles around the rld so i ended up launching him into the canal and a few of the lads got cut up pretty bad for it....what a night that was

finally give the coppers mucho respect, they are actually quite decent chaps but if you mess about they will shoot you lol

i'm goin the first weekend in may for my 40th, was hoping i could do 3 nights on about 400 notes myself...............where did you stay mate? how much a night?

there's 14 of us going so far but we're all sorting our own hotels/flights so any info would be a bonus

roll on may !!

:bigjoint:

jimmi
02-02-10, 11:55 AM
i'm goin the first weekend in may for my 40th, was hoping i could do 3 nights on about 400 notes myself...............where did you stay mate? how much a night?

there's 14 of us going so far but we're all sorting our own hotels/flights so any info would be a bonus

roll on may !!

:bigjoint:

i stayed in a 3 star hotel called H E M.....about 6km outside the centre but for 35 euros a night i didnt mind spending a few pennies on a tram ride to central station.
However we did get a group discount as we booked up 20 rooms.

do yourself a favour when your out there tho fella's the dam is an amazing city full of culture....its not all about sex and drugs, some of the architecture is amazing, a trip to Ahrnem (cant remember how to spell it lol) is worth it and the locals are a great bunch some of the best times where had in little cafe's on the outskirts of the city where the locals would go to avoid the tourist filled bars/cafes in the centre

2me
02-02-10, 05:47 PM
No way, I couldn't share a room with 20

haha well the first time I went we were in a 12 person, the 2nd time was 14 so going for 20 now haha

It's not too bad tbh cos barely in the room, last time i spent 2 nights fuck knows where! good trip tho :)

BelfastBud
02-02-10, 09:15 PM
I see now have you have mentioned a trip to the red light within the cost factor... or the blue light for those so inclined. lol

djvivid
02-02-10, 09:37 PM
Cheep digs is key to inexpensive dam trips.

Over the years I found the cheepest rooms are actualy some of the coffee shops. they have the added benefit of not being too far to stumble back when you need to crash after a good session.

For ultra cheep stay I recommed you take a tent, and east of the city just over the river is "Camping Zeeburg". There's a tram service almost all the way, leaving a short walk over a bridge to the camp site. There's also bike hire at Zeeburg which is good value. A great thing about Amterdam is its so flat and very easy to cycle. Also there are lots of parks around the city which are very nice to find if you explore a little.

http://www.campingzeeburg.nl/

Theres a cool bar which serves food at the camp site, theres often live entertainment, they encourage campers to bring instruments and its not a bad place to meet people.

If you get a chance, go to Amsterdam for 29 April 2010 and experence a queens day. The whole of Netherlands parties on a "tax free" day apparently celebrating the queens birthday. its more a national pissup with everyone dressed in orange. The streets are lined with traders, booze, flee stalls and music systems, but not good for rooms that day!

Naxx
03-02-10, 02:56 AM
Looking on Lastminute.com its like £900 for 4 people but i dont think the hotels where near the centre, any names of places in the centre or near with a website or anything?

smokeydj
03-02-10, 01:05 PM
last time i went i stayed in a place called hotel internationale which is basically right on the edge of the rld, rooms aint that nice but its better than sharing with 20 odd people. cant remember exact cost but if booked along with a flight it turned out really cheap for 3 nights, booking through their own crappy webiste is expensive for some strange reason.

edit - forgot to say its got pub downstairs so always good when you get back and fancy chilling out

2me
03-02-10, 02:25 PM
Here the website for the hostel I always stay in: http://www.flyingpig.nl/

They're not the cheapest hostel but they are awesome, all the people I met in there say it's the best they've stayed in.

If you wanna do it cheap a couple of my friends stayed at The Winston which also have a good bar and do lots of club nights: http://www.winston.nl/

I also flyed with FlyBe and my flights were free so only had to pay tax etc etc

Peace
2me.

Naxx
03-02-10, 05:27 PM
Thanks mate something like this was just what i was looking for, flying pig downtown, in july 4 nights for 4 of us about 120quid each.... anyone any idea roughly how much flights are?

2me
03-02-10, 06:28 PM
well my flight in march were about £60-£70 each from southampton. If ya go on the FlyBe website you can get a quote on the left of the hompage, just select the dates ur flying and what airport etc etc then go through the next 3 or 4 pages and it'll give you an overall cost.

When there was 5 of us going we cancelled insurance and baggage to save about £20 each. They try and charge ya for booking seats etc so make sure ya cancel all that bull shit

The more in advanced ya book the cheaper

Let us know how ya get on

2me

HashBandicoot
06-03-10, 11:03 PM
I lasted 4 days on 400 bar including flights and a hotel, money got pretty tight towards the end. shite if you ask me. not even enough for a hooker