PDA

View Full Version : grass..

CANOFPISS
24-01-10, 12:41 AM
hey every1, i got 1half of my back garden thats dirt and the dog keeps digging init (hes got a thing for dirt) and dont touch the other side thats grass, so i thought that ill put grass seeds down or maybe lay turf but i never had ago at either, which is the best and easiest way to go?

canofpiss.

beano
24-01-10, 01:11 AM
i would go for turf the dog might not dig it but if you throw grass seeds down its still dirt so the dog would still dig it

dig it

GrassHopper
24-01-10, 01:13 AM
Turf mate, you plant seeds you gotta make all kinds o things to get rid of birds like netting and stakes with things like plastic bags tied to em, its a pain in the arse.

Turf, you just roll it out like little pieces of carpet, easy.

TOWLIE
24-01-10, 02:50 AM
yea turfing is easy, just plank it or rake it so it comes out even, plus all you do after laying it is water it so its soaked so you can see the water on top once every 3days, it wont look great for 2weeks or more until it looks like 1piece.

CANOFPISS
24-01-10, 02:54 AM
BEANOyeah true didnt think of that 1

GRASSHOPPER & TOWLIE yeah im going to go for turf and see how it goes.

cheers guys.

TOWLIE
24-01-10, 02:56 AM
its easy my friend, good luck with it.

CANOFPISS
25-01-10, 04:30 PM
i dont no if n e 1 could help me but i got lumps after laying the turf, how could i get rid of um?

Eggbox
25-01-10, 06:08 PM
Did you flatten and slightly compress the ground first? If so then just water it every day until its soggy - it might take a few days or so but should start to even out :thcleaf:

CANOFPISS
26-01-10, 12:58 AM
Did you flatten and slightly compress the ground first? If so then just water it every day until its soggy - it might take a few days or so but should start to even out :thcleaf:

i raked it out to what i believe was level and just laid the turf, i soak it everyday so its soaked but theres acouple of lumps and bumps.

TOWLIE
26-01-10, 01:26 AM
when its soaked just plank it then it wil be flush.

CANOFPISS
26-01-10, 01:08 PM
when its soaked just plank it then it wil be flush.

Ok. cheers lads with the help.

CANOFPISS
26-01-10, 11:46 PM
finished the lawn today and i think it looks really neat and tidy, made my garden look fresh.

TheGreenMachine
05-02-10, 12:14 AM
finished the lawn today and i think it looks really neat and tidy, made my garden look fresh.

Don't forget to feed and weed anually once it's established otherwise crappy grasses and other crap creeps in and takes over.

You can't beat a good lawn! :)