PDA

View Full Version : Cannabis use in IBS

gidoc
27-01-10, 01:34 AM
To all patients with IBS that use cannabis/marijuana!

Dear Patient,
reports from patients suggest that use of cannabis/marijuana reduces symptoms associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). In order to bring this to a scientific level more detailed information from patients is needed.
We are conducting a study that is assessing the use, the benefits and the side effects of cannabis/marijuana for the self-treatment of IBS. This questionnaire is directed to all patients with IBS that use cannabis/marijuana for their IBS.
We are asking you to complete the internet based questionnaire. Please make sure that you respond to all questions which may take you approximately 10 minutes.
This research study has been approved by the University of Calgary, Canada, Conjoint Health Research Ethics Board. You are under no obligation to complete this questionnaire. Your responses to this questionnaire will be kept strictly anonymous.
Thank you for taking the time to read this material and fully respond to the questionnaire.
If you have any questions, please contact the administrator for this study: [email protected]
Please, support this research initiative by following the link and answering a 10 min (3 pages of questions) questionnaire.

To start the study:

http://ibd-cannabis-survey.limequery.com/index.php?sid=63892&newtest=Y&lang=en

Bong_on_1988
27-01-10, 04:47 AM
So come on boys admit it who's shitter is broken then ?

AllAboutM.E
27-01-10, 11:00 PM
Great post, always handy to have this kind of info to hand, it's all ammo, nice one Gidoc.

Bong you nutter! lol

Gary C
16-02-11, 07:15 PM
resurected this thread as ive just been diagnosed with IBS :(
From what ive read cannabis can and does help with the abdominal pain. Do any of you guys have Ibs? would really like some reasurance as the pains are almost unbearable when they come

CockRoach
16-02-11, 07:24 PM
my mates got IBS pretty bad - doesnt suffer as much as he used to cos he found out what he was eating wasnt helping so eats less chocolate and shit basically - yeah he actually had a "i can use your loo" card which meant he could go litterally anywhere and use the loo lol

"excuse me sir your names not on the list"

"yeah but i need a fucking shit dood. read my poo card and let me pass"

wert
16-02-11, 07:26 PM
not meaning to sound flippant ,but would strains that give you the munchies need to be avoided as overeating and eating basically anything would surely irritate the problem.

Obidos the Womble
16-02-11, 09:18 PM
my mates got IBS pretty bad - doesnt suffer as much as he used to cos he found out what he was eating wasnt helping so eats less chocolate and shit basically - yeah he actually had a "i can use your loo" card which meant he could go litterally anywhere and use the loo lol

"excuse me sir your names not on the list"

"yeah but i need a fucking shit dood. read my poo card and let me pass"

You crack me up, lol

Grub
16-02-11, 09:28 PM
not meaning to sound flippant ,but would strains that give you the munchies need to be avoided as overeating and eating basically anything would surely irritate the problem.

I suppose it depends what munchies you eat, If you to fill your face with wheat, fruit, veg and stuff like that, it may actually ease the problem a tad... but who wants to eat rabbit food after a few smokes?!

Obidos the Womble
16-02-11, 09:36 PM
resurected this thread as ive just been diagnosed with IBS :(
From what ive read cannabis can and does help with the abdominal pain. Do any of you guys have Ibs? would really like some reasurance as the pains are almost unbearable when they come

Hi Gary C,

I have IBS; mainly due to the amount of medication that I take for my Diabetes, so I really know your pain. I can’t unfortunately advise you with regards to what relief you’ll get from cannabis for IBS, but I have used to relieve other pain like tooth ache, and it does the job. As a likely outcome, cannabis use will reduce the pain experienced, but it is unlikely to take it away totally. Pain is subjective, only you can decide to what extent the pain is relieved. A cautionary note: cannabis use (for me) can sometimes cause Constipation, which you may well be experiencing as part of your symptoms of IBS, so it may aggravate that side of things.

bboyz
16-02-11, 11:40 PM
i have crohns and they also diagnosed me with IBS (think it spread into other intestine) when i have my bad days i get my pains aches and lose my appetite but then i vaporise my weed and the pains are almost instantly gone, obviously i get craving for food and then i notice for next few days i have less amount of stools a day and not as loose ( sorry to be graphic but its the truth)

i honestly say it works and sorry to hear u have IBS i had it since i was 15 and only tried cannabis last year cant believe i suffered all them years going on and off predisone pentasa multi vitamins ....the tablets also give me sickness every morning ...now i take just pentasa (i do that to keep family happy ) and when i have bad day out come the vaporiser

Gary C
17-02-11, 02:00 AM
nice posts guys! This shit is so rediculous as i eat quite alot being a regular gymer and all. Now apparently will have to follow some gay arse diet :(

It seems to have got worse in the last 2 months and have excruciating pain for hours on end about once or twice a fortnight. so looking forward to the endoscopy thing going up my shitter lol (help :( )

bboyz
17-02-11, 10:16 AM
i was so scared when i had to have that ..... but u get some kinda injection to numb all feelings i just asked for the full amount and make sure u relax lol it felt like it was only 2 minutes long and after u dont walk like u been bummed incase people joke and say that lol....worst for me was the prep drink but then im fussy with drinks lol

bboyz
17-02-11, 10:17 AM
as for diet i dont really follow any guide ,... if i go for family meal ill have a big steak chips etc when home i eat pasta meals fish meals...just gotta watch onions and spicy foods as they can irritate you

TheDukeof420
18-02-11, 02:28 AM
suffered with ibs when i was younger, plus been out of weed for a week now and having pains and other 'ahem' symptoms, didn't make the connection before, thinking about it, this usually happens when there's a drought on, never thought about it before mmm....

Gary C
18-02-11, 02:58 AM
suffered with ibs when i was younger, plus been out of weed for a week now and having pains and other 'ahem' symptoms, didn't make the connection before, thinking about it, this usually happens when there's a drought on, never thought about it before mmm....

lol are you saying your pains only come when you dont blaze?

bboyz
18-02-11, 07:12 PM
i dunno about other guy but i know for fact from experience with my crohns and ibs while i under influence of vaped weed i dont feel any pains as muscles all feel relaxed.... but for last 4 months i havent took weed kept on my pentasa and last 3 weeks i been ill lost loads of weight and all the other symptoms i cba to write out lol so u can guess what ill be doing this weekend

needsmust
18-03-11, 02:25 PM
Weed does help with symptoms, but doesn't address the causes.

IBS is an umbrella term for whats wrong, cos they don't actually know. After Crohns was ruled out (whew!) thats what they told me I had, after 2 months of testing in and out the ass (lol). I wish I'd had a poo card, my desperate expression worked well enough!

I started keeping track of everything I ate - everything! and when episodes happened. I also had extensive allergy testing, turns out I'm allergic to yeast, dried yeast, autolyzed yeast, any variation of yeast. Yup, no beer, unless I want bleeding lesions in my colon which although its a fab instant weight loss technique, it's not worth the pain. Now I eat pretty much no processed food, cos yeast is a cheap preservative, I eat pretty healthy and haven't had an episode on *touch wood* 6-7 years.

Start with your diet. Til then smoke a nice one and keep track of where toilets are nearby!

Up_in_smoke
18-03-11, 02:37 PM

Scuse the pun there wert, lol

Fuck it, i'll tell some truths.
I haven't been diagnosed with IBS and pretty sure I don't get it bad like some people, but I do constantly have trouble shitting.
Usually during the day I can either have a real good one (really sorry), or none at all and feel quite constipated. But at night once I've had a joint, ALWAYS gets things moving a bit, doesn't necessarily always resolve it, but usually by the time I've rolled the joint, even the smell can start it off, but sometimes I'll go out and start smoking and then be dying for a shit and can go a lot easier once I'm a bit blazed.

Often have trouble feeling like any food too and a joint or two and I'll get my appetite back.

If I'm on a weed drought, I find it is much worse.

Anyways sorry for being a disgusting cunt, but its a shitty feeling I can tell ya (no pun intended)

bboyz
19-03-11, 05:31 PM
if you look into the scientific aspects...i read some thing and if needed ill search again google for the quote " CB1 receptor helps to promote wound healing in the lining of the gut" ...the thing with people with IBS, IBD Crohns is they are lacking the receptors that help fight inside and cant heal ...this is where the CBD comes into it (i think that's right)....

i aint no scientist but i also agree when ive had a vape it relaxes my body and ye easier to go toilet and if inside your body is getting these receptors from the plant and helping to heal lining then getting an appetite means u will be taking the nutrients in and not just throwing them back out.... this is the anti-inflammatory in the plant im guessing?

also if you look at the pills they give your for controlling these symptoms (pentasa and the stronger one) they only mask the problem (which happens to be the biggest argument they can say about cannabis use with crohns funny that is.... u pay for THEIR pill that masks it and suddenly its all ok but comes with major side effects long term lol)