PDA

View Full Version : What bloom and soil to use with autos?

carloss
29-01-10, 09:03 PM
Want to do a auto grow, so just ordered 1 speed devil automatic and 2 short rider both feminised going to put in 10l pots under 2 x 125w red clf on 20-4. What bloom should i use and when? Whats the best soil ? would b&q seedling compost do? any help would be gratful thanks.

carloss
29-01-10, 10:01 PM
anyone with any help?

mxc
29-01-10, 11:29 PM
Not heard of or grown speed devil so cant really comment

For the short rider your 10L pots should see your plants through to at least the sixth week (if not near the end) and yes, B&Q multi (get the one with added John Innes) will be fine along with some perlite etc for drainage.

Your light regime is perfect.just get a digital timer not those segmental types.

Just one word of caution..I'm growing short rider at the moment and i'm not at all impressed. I don't believe that its a "true" autoflowering plant and it has struggled to get going but I'm gonna give it a chance and see if it develops.

I definately would not order short rider again and instead, will stick to the established autos and the shops own gummy gun (cracking plant IMHO) for future grows.

As with all "autos" plant them straight into their final pots and just make sure the water is Ph'd and you will be fine. If it needs a feed, it will show you

carloss
30-01-10, 10:20 AM
Not heard of or grown speed devil so cant really comment

For the short rider your 10L pots should see your plants through to at least the sixth week (if not near the end) and yes, B&Q multi (get the one with added John Innes) will be fine along with some perlite etc for drainage.

Your light regime is perfect.just get a digital timer not those segmental types.

Just one word of caution..I'm growing short rider at the moment and i'm not at all impressed. I don't believe that its a "true" autoflowering plant and it has struggled to get going but I'm gonna give it a chance and see if it develops.

I definately would not order short rider again and instead, will stick to the established autos and the shops own gummy gun (cracking plant IMHO) for future grows.

As with all "autos" plant them straight into their final pots and just make sure the water is Ph'd and you will be fine. If it needs a feed, it will show you

Thanks alot for the info mate. What ph would you have it at? i,ll let you know how mine do. What lights you using?