PDA

View Full Version : trimming 2 wks before harvest ??

mashedupmark
02-02-10, 02:24 PM
went to see a pals grow the weekend, he's doin some cali orange that he says is about 2 weeks from chop.............

never seen another grow before in the flesh (i'm on my first) so i was in ore of his setup...........and the plants were looking amazing each had 3-4 main stems leading to many buds........all completely covered in what looked like white dust................which, as i got close up, they all turned out to be amazing dancing little thc trichs..............

:jawdrop:

i really was taken aback.........!!

i kneeled down and spent about 15 mins just staring at them, amazed by them swaying in the gentle breeze from the fan !!

anyways, getting to the point, the guy had trimmed away almost all leaves except for a few surrounding the buds............so they were looking kinda skinny !!

so is this trimming done by others ?? i cant remember reading of that yet....??
maybe i'm wrong, and he also had already thrown all the trim out and i thought you could use that stuff for hash/oil making

am i right ??

cannamancan
02-02-10, 03:31 PM
U shouldn't cut leaves of unless ur cutting them down m8 ur leaves are like solar panels taking in and storing the the energy from the light , I used to do it when I started of but I learned from my mistakes lol

mashedupmark
02-02-10, 03:39 PM
U shouldn't cut leaves of unless ur cutting them down m8 ur leaves are like solar panels taking in and storing the the energy from the light , I used to do it when I started of but I learned from my mistakes lol

yeah yeah thats what i thought mate..........he'd been "taught" by a pal this method and this is his first grow so he was only going on what his "experenced" pal has told him to do.........

i will have to explain to him now lol, poor fucker !!

how will this affect the plants overall then ?? any idea ??

i suppose they'll take longer now at the very least !!

just goes to show you cant beat a bit of research done by yourself and not 2nd hand "info" off mates

thats why i always look to Thctalk !!

:bigjoint:

dragonsilverlights
02-02-10, 03:57 PM
:smokie: i say yes dont remove them,,,BUT there is a time to trim out the middle leaves i found doing this under cfl hepl so the light gets to lower buds i trye 2 othet methrods be for i did this one but where you would norm get no buds i can get popcorn but and plenty of them,, amd i have another in there un touch just to see the results from that one this in door is new to me but out side i leave be unless they start to get to hight then i do top,, theres so many diffrent methords that do realy work but what may work for me mite not be for you and same go,s on and on,,we all have out drifrent methords to suite our own grow rooms but this indoors is all new to me ,,but i do go back to old methrod i know that works for a fact out doors but trying to bring that inside fuck its so diffrent,,,lol ..like i say everydays a new learning day and trust me right now i feel a c::nt for i know better but was not thinking cozz i did a stupid fuck uo lol :smokie:good luck and god bless:smokie:
realy cant wait till i get my new room dun this month:smokie:

jimmi
02-02-10, 04:11 PM
some do it some dont, ive always been in two minds about it and you have to be very selective about what leaves you remove.

trimming some of the big shadee's can allow more light to get through to the parts of the plant where the buds are growing in order to maximise the mount of light they get in the last 7 to 10 days of flowering but at what point dose this practice become detrimental to the plants overall efficiancy? we just dont know.

best advice is to try it on 1 or 2 of your plants then you will be able to see any benefits and make your own mind up

02-02-10, 08:01 PM
Ive been debating this back and forth in my mind for the past few grows and i'm still undecided on exactly what (if any) to remove. It depends on your circumstances really, are you in a rush for bud or do you mind waiting and taking a chance? some plants have responded really well to removing fan leaves as the leaves growing closer to the buds, grow to compensate and these are the ones that get covered in thc. yet some that ive cut have stopped growing for weeks, just experiment and enjoy the ride is all I can say say.

mashedupmark
03-02-10, 10:39 AM
thanks for your replys, sounds like i need to do some serious research on this.........

well at least i've found out he is tryin out something that other ppl do so thats a start......

thanks again and any more info/input would be great

:bigjoint:

funkyskunkymunky
09-02-10, 11:49 PM
just dont remove any leaves as the plant needs them for photosynthesis right up until harvest

:spliff:

BstooBa
14-02-10, 03:38 PM
I have a grow bible that i rely on for everything. One point it states all the time is that its a myth when u trim the leaves more light reaches the bud. Im on my 3rd grow so cannot back this up as im still learning, but the advice comes from seasoned growers in holland. Cant be that bad i guess