PDA

View Full Version : Robinsons Apple & Blackcurrent for germination

Munkeyboi
13-02-10, 11:24 AM
Yeah as the title says basically I had some beans, i put in paper towel. The ones that didnt pop. I put into water for a few days, still nothing. For some strange reason i decided to throw them into a half drunk glass of robinsons apple and blackcurrent squash The stubborn beans that refused to germ in paper towel, and then in the water, popped in the robinsons. Not that i advise you to throw all your beans in squash. but this worked for me on stubborn beans, after other techniques failed. :) Munks

the shrubman
13-02-10, 12:01 PM
lolz..

well , you learn something new every day.

Far Side
13-02-10, 01:29 PM
could it be the acid in the drink helped split the case maybe? thats all i can think of.

Marley13
13-02-10, 01:53 PM
hahaa nice experiment there munkey... glad it work lol

dirty dude
13-02-10, 04:06 PM
bizarre! will have to remember that one though, cheers ;)

ViK
14-02-10, 02:28 PM
Could be coincedence, any old watery liquid would probably have done the same...

Jus' sayin :)

Munkeyboi
14-02-10, 04:45 PM
yus, but beans had already been in a watery liquid.

IE water, and they didnt pop.

Far Side
14-02-10, 05:26 PM
Could be coincedence, any old watery liquid would probably have done the same...

Jus' sayin :)

yea vik has a point tho, who's to say that if you didnt leave them in the plain water for just that bit longer they wouldnt have popped.?

your beans popped in the end tho so its all good.

dirty dude
14-02-10, 06:40 PM
might be worth remembering tho, who knows eh :)

seanMcPot
14-02-10, 06:46 PM
lmao!!!
us it threw flower as well,it might give a great taste to the weed(JOKE)

The Green Man
14-02-10, 10:31 PM
i wonder what would happen if i tried to germ some blueberry seeds in a muffin???

maybe it was something to do with the sugars in the juice? i dunno but i'll give it a try next time i have some beans that wont pop

up2nogood
15-02-10, 12:32 AM
Yeah as the title says basically I had some beans, i put in paper towel. The ones that didnt pop. I put into water for a few days, still nothing. For some strange reason i decided to throw them into a half drunk glass of robinsons apple and blackcurrent squash The stubborn beans that refused to germ in paper towel, and then in the water, popped in the robinsons. Not that i advise you to throw all your beans in squash. but this worked for me on stubborn beans, after other techniques failed. :) Munks

hey I may throw some into some beer and get some tasty beer plants :beerbelly:

dirty dude
15-02-10, 06:40 PM
in that case Im gonna chuck some in my savings jar and see what grows :D

jimmi
16-02-10, 12:53 AM
lmao!!!
us it threw flower as well,it might give a great taste to the weed(JOKE)

It would flavour the plant! i dont know what effect the sugars and acids would have, i doubt your roots would like it but its anybodies guess....

you can get all sorts of flavoured/scented flushing agents but personally nowt tastes better than grade a weed

ViK
16-02-10, 10:26 AM
i wonder what would happen if i tried to germ some blueberry seeds in a muffin???

PMSL.

Once upon a time a pidgeon bobbed his head (like they do) and coincedentally got some food. Another pidgeon thought "hey... he bobbed his head and it made food happen!" so it started bobbing it's head as well. This started in the industrial revolution and by WW1 all the pidgeons in the country bob their head.

Far Side
16-02-10, 10:57 AM
PMSL.

Once upon a time a pidgeon bobbed his head (like they do) and coincedentally got some food. Another pidgeon thought "hey... he bobbed his head and it made food happen!" so it started bobbing it's head as well. This started in the industrial revolution and by WW1 all the pidgeons in the country bob their head.

ha ha ha random, love it.

supra
23-02-10, 05:56 PM
warm water does the trick in under 24 hour... never germed for more than 24hours with warm water

jd4083
23-02-10, 06:17 PM
I'm a big fan of not germing and planting directly into the medium under 18/6. My thoughts are that if the seed needs to be germinated in order to sprout, the genetics are weak and I don't want them anyways. This technique is the "first tier" of elimination when I'm selecting mothers from seed. Any that don't vigorously break through the surface within 48 hours or so are tossed to make room for the ones who wanna grow. peace

bigjohnglesga
19-10-10, 12:17 AM
just threw a ghs white widow and church in some of tesco's finished blackcurremt will c what happens they've been in paper and water for a week now n nuthing then a remembered this post will update if works not holding out much hope thou will never buy ghs again al stick to what i know

cough
19-10-10, 12:21 AM
warm water does the trick in under 24 hour... never germed for more than 24hours with warm water

ditto mate

bigjohnglesga
19-10-10, 03:31 AM
i dont fucking beleive it less than y hours in some blackcurrent sqaush an the church has cracked will stick a pick up in the morning had the fucking thing in a glass of water for a week took it out n put it in the draw last night then the day remebered thispost n now the fucking hing looks as f it be ready for planting tomorrow

the green meanie
05-01-11, 10:50 PM
It would flavour the plant! i dont know what effect the sugars and acids would have, i doubt your roots would like it but its anybodies guess....

you can get all sorts of flavoured/scented flushing agents but personally nowt tastes better than grade a weed
I've seen lemonade used a few days before cropping outdoors. Reckon it made a difference?

javadog
06-01-11, 12:48 AM
could it be the acid in the drink helped split the case maybe? thats all i can think of.

your very right. some seed are tough and thick. they require scarification from acids(rotting fruit) abrasive sands and water, or even fire.

Mr Swilly
06-01-11, 01:16 AM
It seems to work then. Will pin this one to the grey matter. Well worth a try if the usual methods fail.

Bubbla
06-01-11, 02:46 PM

It makes me laugh the things stoners do & discover something purely by accident :)

I'm not sure if the Robinsons had any effect other than to give the stubborn seeds an extra soak, which may have been all they needed to Germinate. I will definately try it though if i ever get a stubborn seed

Little tip.

Cannabis seeds have a covering of Captan over the surface of the shell & You can sometimes help very stubborn seeds along by scraping them along the side the sprout root comes out. Some people use a scalpel, but instead of cutting they just scrape along the side,some people use sandpaper. It's not something I recommend doing to good seeds but if a seed won't germinate then you've nowt to loose.....

MrMojorising
24-01-11, 02:54 AM
Little tip.

Cannabis seeds have a covering of Captan over the surface of the shell & You can sometimes help very stubborn seeds along by scraping them along the side the sprout root comes out. Some people use a scalpel, but instead of cutting they just scrape along the side,some people use sandpaper. It's not something I recommend doing to good seeds but if a seed won't germinate then you've nowt to loose.....

It's called chitting seeds,sweet peas need it.

rareness
27-02-11, 02:08 PM
pfft I bet you work for robinsons! Are over brands of drink also available? :P

Is there any reason this would work ? Maybe one of the ingrediants we can buy in a pure form to add to water?

AnalClamp
02-04-11, 12:26 PM
its funny because am actually thinking of throwing my tangerine dreams seeds in some juice!!!!!!!! i cant get them to germ????
any help before i do somthing i regret?? i spent alot of money on these babys and every other seed i put in came thru ok they were white widows the other seeds??
anybody help me