PDA

View Full Version : at last a new place for me to hang out ;)

skotty
13-02-10, 01:07 PM
just wanted to say thanks to thc for providing this section on the boards as autoflowering plants are now becoming massive among new and experienced growers

they had a bit of diversity to anybodys grow room and are really good for begginers im looking forward to sharing my knowledge on growing these rudegirls along with other like minded people on what to try and what to avoid

cheers thc and bring on the autos :joint:

ME SMOKEM
13-02-10, 02:32 PM
hey skotty i got a couple questions i would like to hear your opinion on
1 which auto you think is most potent
2 which auto is best yielder
thanks mate.....peace

skotty
13-02-10, 03:22 PM
thanks mate.....peace

easy fella take your pick out of them all i mean a lot of the newer strains that have hit the market in the last 6 moths are 18% to 22% thc and then you got some whack ass crosses ak47 x diesel white rhino x afgahni and ak47 x blueberry the list goes on

yield wise the biggest i seen on the net was a lowryder #2 which yielded 96g which is 3oz in 8 weeks beautiful specimen and ive just pulled 30g + off my
mi5 for an 8 week grow just wish id planted 5 lol the average was between 25-50g a plant im using cfl's

previously grew auto blueberry and ive got an onyx on the go at the minute
auto blueberry didnt yield much but the smoke was pukka cant comment on the onyx as yet

cheers

bigandy
14-02-10, 12:08 PM
skotty will you give me a brief explanation of auto flowering cause i don't 100% get it yet.

so your buds ready in 8 weeks from seed?

what light cycles do you use?

yoko2009
14-02-10, 12:11 PM
yep me too like bigandy says can you give us a quick explantaion and im assuming there is only certain plants? is it 8 weeks from seed? and can that be reduced if you was to take it from cuttings?

Azerbanphal
14-02-10, 12:54 PM
I'm not skotty but I'll have a go...
Autoflowering strains will flower under any light - 24/0, 18/6/ 12/12 whatever. I think most growers go for around 18/6.
Most autos are an Indica crossed with a Ruderalis.
Ruderalis is a Northern Europe/Asia strain. Not particularly high in THC from my understanding, but very tough, and also this is where the "auto" bit comes from - they flower regardless of light conditions.
By crossing this ruderalis strain with the indica you get the indica strength combined with the autoflowering genetics of the ruderalis.
Due to this fact they are usually small plants and not huge yield. However they are obviously very quick to grow start to finish, and are also quite noob-friendly to grow.

skotty
14-02-10, 01:07 PM
autoflowering has been around for a little while now what they are is cannabis strains crossed with a ruderalis plant which grows in the stupidist of locations under most climates

autoflowering means you can grow the plant on a 24/0 - 20/4 - 18/6 light cycle which ever you choose and never have to switch to a 12/12 after 21 days to 3 weeks the plant will show sex automatically and go straight into flower.

so thats a 3 week veg then into flower you dont do anything its auto

these plants have a short life cycle of 8 - 10 weeks depending which method you grow i only grow hydro so this cuts down the grow time quite a bit a 10 week strain can be grown in 8 weeks

an auto strain goes from seed to finish in 8-10 weeks becasue of there short life cycle they can not be cloned but because of there size you can grow loads more at 1 time

a lot of good seed producers are now producing there own varietys of these plants dna genetics have jumped onto them joint doctor produces them lowlife seeds, sagmatrha , buddha etc etc so the strains are getting better and better with some really good crosses out there.

these autos can also be used to fill out a grow room and can provide a quick smoke and very good smoke while you wait for your big guns to finish off

autos are a good plant for begginers and seasoned growers alike because there easy to grow little effort is required to get good results and again they provide a quick smoke in between grows so your never without

if you have a look in thctalkshop they have a few auto strains in stock however if you look at other seed banks on the net the choices are ridiculous
and more and more people are brining out some crazy new strains for our enjoyment

they can yield between 20 - 50g and more per plant so if you grow 5 plants in an 8 week period thats 5 ounce plus of quality smoke for very little effort
if you germinate another 5 seeds halfway through your grow by the time the 1st batch is finished the next lot are flowering so thats a possible 5 ounce plus every 4 weeks

the thing with these is you can veg and flower at the same time so they can all be grown in 1 tent i think i about covered everything lol if any 1 else wants to chip in feel free :joint:

bigandy
15-02-10, 01:57 PM
thanks mate. is it best to go hydro or soli with these babys i see you use hydro but are the results the same with soil?

skotty
15-02-10, 05:04 PM
results with soil and hydro are never the same mate hydro will always grow your plants quicker and bigger where as soil will take longer and not as big but the qaulity of smoke is meant to be nicer in soil

i can only speak from my experience that in my grows i use canna nutes and the end results have been smooth smoke and real nice flavours ;)

bigandy
15-02-10, 06:56 PM
thanks for the advice mate i think i will be going auto next the question is which seeds?? i'll have to research.

or i might go with somethin different i fancy amc or stinky pink if i do another 18/6 - 12/12 grow.

i'm using canna products uning canna coco a and b and was going to buy canna boost and pk13/14 this weekend would you recommend them?

skotty
15-02-10, 07:21 PM
which seeds??

there is about 50+ autoflowering strains and increasing on the market today the choices are really varied i hope more people start posting in here on the starins they have grown and the results they got so it would make choosing seeds easier :)

i cant comment on any other nutes mate as canna is all ive used but a poll was carried out on a well known forum in the uk and canna came top

skinz
16-02-10, 02:45 AM
Hi mate so can I grow auto in the same tent as none autos can they be grown using 12/12?

M_C
25-02-10, 12:34 AM
12/12 - 18/12, makes no odds to an auto, the only difference it'll make is it's (potential) yeild may suffer a little.

But! going back to what skotty was saying :hijacked_thread: The ruderalis 'plant' is actually a strain of cannabis (not worth the effort of smoking by itself) that has a life cycle that cannot be altered - it germinates, flowers, dies. It doesn't care about light cycle and, to the larger extent the weather/temp/humidity/nute content of soil.... if it can, it germinates flowers and dies. Think of it like a carrot (never smoked a carrot!) - germinates, flowers, dies.

Ruderalis cross can be thought of in one of two ways;

The hard way, an indica was crossed with a ruderalis to breed in the auto flower trait to the indica

The easy way, a ruderalis was crossed with an indica to breed in the high THC content to the ruderalis

Hope that helps people a little... or maybe I shouldn't sit at the keyboard stoned :p

mojogreen
25-02-10, 10:25 PM
Am just starting out on me first grow,waiting for seeds to crack as we speak there lowryder2/ak47,am growing in a dr60 tent under 250 blue cfl then gonna go red 250 cfl after 2 or 3 weeks,growing in ji no 2 in 11 ltr pots,so will keep ppl updated gonna do a diary and this autoflowering section will hopefully become invaluable,any one wanna comment with advice or just to batter me lol alls welcome:yeah mate:

M_C
25-02-10, 10:37 PM
^^^^ Seems all good to me, look forward to seeing your diary :)

Wrams
26-02-10, 10:33 PM
Have you ever tried 60 day wonder Skotty..? Or has anyone else..?

massivemick
28-02-10, 12:44 PM
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/1270/medium/green-o-maticauto-newversion.jpg
check these babys out
im deffo contenplating doing a circle with these
germ 1 a week and after 6 weeks u can pull 1 down a week so after week 7 1 is dry and 1 is drying and so on every week

would sort my habit out

Wrams
28-02-10, 01:46 PM
Wow, thats cool, I want 3 tents going so I can have a grow complete every month.

Grow 1 Planted

Then 4 weeks later

Grow 2

4 weeks after that

Grow 3

Then as the first grow comes down the next lot of plants are started.

Would be great to have some 6 weeks flowering seeds though. Is 6 weeks the total cycle or just flowering...?

Thanks for the post :D

massivemick
01-03-10, 11:07 AM
6 weeks total mate from bean to smoke

PANDA KUSH
02-03-10, 03:24 PM
Hey skotty - gonna drop ya a pm mate

mxc
03-03-10, 07:35 PM

The majority of my grows have been autos and so far the most potent has been Gummy Guns from the shop and Easyryders from the joint doctor.

I would say anything with AK in it is going to be a good smoke. Personally the easyryders are my plant of choice at the moment due to the smell,trich development,yields and overall smoke quality. Only downside is they stink and i mean really stink!

In terms of yield both of these should achieve nearly 1.5oz dry in 10L pots.

As pointed out there are loads of varieties out there and it is a case of trying out various seeds to find the one right for you.

skotty
03-03-10, 11:34 PM
i would have to say ive took a shine to the shortstuff seeds at the minute russian rocket fuel is looking good and so is himylain blue have only heard good things about these on other websites obviously you can check out my mi5 and my onyx in my diary

i would advise going with 1 of the seed producers variety mixes so you get different range of plants growing if you have the space

so many producers bringing out the autos and not enough people on here giving feed back grrrrr lol

peace

eduardo
09-03-10, 09:48 PM
Hi all

What a great thread! Skotty, I've been following your grows with great interest. As a total noob, I threw three auto A47s into a PC grow last autumn. Now admittedly it wasn't the greatest yield (the fan died on the grow box, then the pump gave up (not buying one of them again :)) and I wasn't in any way scientific with any nutes but I got the cleanest, nicest smoke I've had in a long time.

I've just germinated two more plants and am going to shove them in the PC grow again (18/6 the whole cycle) but I have also ordered Sweet Seeds Fast Bud and Big Devil - they come tomorrow.

I want to grow them in a tent with oxypots as you've inspired me. Where do I start though, mate?

Cheers :stoned-smilie::)

skotty
12-03-10, 06:00 PM
just follow my diarys mate its a piece of piss honest

Wrams
12-03-10, 09:30 PM
If you follow my diary I have Russian Rocket Fuel and 60 Day Wonder in germinating at this moment in time, however tonight I am placing them into rock cubes and planting them into 7.5 litre pots ;)