PDA

View Full Version : veg light cycles,

organicbudz
11-01-08, 02:36 PM
:help:dose it depened on the strain wich light cycle you use? eg 24/24/,16/8,......
or dose it not matter???
and how do you no when to trigger of flowering??

Growz
11-01-08, 02:40 PM
the times are all the same

i use 18/6 veg and to switch to flower change your timer to 12/12

Midnight Toker
11-01-08, 03:00 PM
If room or time is not an issue you can veg for as long as you like, depends on how much room you got really .. you can use 16/8 .. 18/6 .. 24/0

whatever floats yer boat & fits in with your life style. more daylight hours = more vegetative growth = bigger plants = more budz

Although they'll show preflowers they wont go fully into flower until you change the light to 12/12 so you can have more or less fuill control over size & yield by messing about with veg light periods.

Some strains such as Lowrider(s) are auto flowering & will go into flower when they are ready to do so & are not dependant on the hours of light being reduced.

Hope that helps.

Iloveswissroll
11-01-08, 07:20 PM
Hey everybody,

I just started my seedlings last sunday and I have them on a full 24 hours of light.Anything ive read says its intirely up to yourself what light cycle u go on.My partner is an Inviromental scientist and ive had her read up some of the more technical articles Ive found.Basiclly her conclusion was that theres no scientific reason to say not to put it on a 24 hour cycle.But there is peoples opions that its simply not natural

Ive got a limited hight in my grow room,so iam going to Veg untill they are a 3rd of the maximum hight.This allows them to double in hight or even triple in hight when I put them into Flowering

Everything Ive read says to expect them to double in size or even trible.
If they get to tall I'll just have to lean them over and tie them down.

Iam keeping my lights at 10-12 inches away from the tops of the plants and Iam also factoring in the hight of my pots and drip tray

I hope this helps you a bit,best of luck:cowboy: