PDA

View Full Version : help

organicbudz
13-01-08, 12:29 AM
:confused:My seeds germinated today paper towle method, i only have a 400hps light .
I have put seeds in small pots and placed under the light is this ok? Will the hps be to bright for the seedling stage. i dont want to fook it up!!!

:joint:

Bitterfly
13-01-08, 02:23 PM
that will be fine but id keep the light about 3 ft away to start with, until the really establish themselves :D

LAL
13-01-08, 07:04 PM
yeah thats right bitts, but is ur bullb a grolux dual spectrum?... if not, u cant veg under a 400w sodium lamp.... the light is the wrong spectrum....

do u know what bulb you are using?

Bitterfly
13-01-08, 08:18 PM
yeah thats right bitts, but is ur bullb a grolux dual spectrum?... if not, u cant veg under a 400w sodium lamp.... the light is the wrong spectrum....

do u know what bulb you are using?

thats not strictly true mate, they will veg just fine, the amount of blue spectrum in these dual spec lamps is only 15% anyway; however, it may make a notable difference over a pure sodium bulb.

but if you really want more vigorous veg formation and tighter nodes you will need a metal halide :evil:

LAL
13-01-08, 08:28 PM
hhhm, im not sure i agree man, i had my lemon stinkys under a normal 600w for 4 weeks and they hated it, didnt grow at all....., and as soon as i got them under a dual spectrum they grew like nobodies business...... its all bout the duals imo.... no room for standard hps bulbs really..... the extra blue in the duals alos limits stretching a little bit too...

Bitterfly
13-01-08, 08:33 PM
hhhm, im not sure i agree man, i had my lemon stinkys under a normal 600w for 4 weeks and they hated it, didnt grow at all....., and as soon as i got them under a dual spectrum they grew like nobodies business...... its all bout the duals imo.... no room for standard hps bulbs really..... the extra blue in the duals alos limits stretching a little bit too...

thats bizarre mate!

so there where no other factors that could have caused the poor growth?

i do agree that the 15% blue will help with the stretching tho

LAL
13-01-08, 08:46 PM
nope, it was definately just the bulb, they looked really green and were defo not root bound... they just didnt wanna grow, i thought they were just duds until i changed bulbs and boom.... they went mental..!

Bitterfly
13-01-08, 09:19 PM
nope, it was definately just the bulb, they looked really green and were defo not root bound... they just didnt wanna grow, i thought they were just duds until i changed bulbs and boom.... they went mental..!

hmm anyone else experienced this???

Rabiez
14-01-08, 01:29 PM
hmm anyone else experienced this???

No.

Slightly slower and lankier growth; yes.

Midnight Toker
14-01-08, 03:05 PM
My last grow went 12/12 from seed under a sunnmaster 600w HPS and never had a problem .... But i do prefer the grolux, i only bought the sunnmaster to see if the supposed extra lumens they produce had any effect (which i didn't notice).

Give me a Grolux every time ... but having said that i did veg under a blue spec enviro this time for @ 4 weeks if i remember rightly.