PDA

View Full Version : if vent into my exhaust duct for my water heater.....

milehighguy
14-01-08, 11:57 PM
would the fan blowback too much co2 from my gas water heater exhuast for my plants to process it? thus causing a possible co2 danger in my house? its a standard american water heater in the basement of a small 1 bedroom semi well ventilated house. In a perfect world the extra co2 would rock and id have ventilation ducting already in place for a 51 plant S.O.G. grow room (though now its limited to 17 in full flower and 17 just started)! just dont want to happen to NOT wake up one morning :shocked: any experience or ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks

Midnight Toker
15-01-08, 09:16 AM
Dont go there M8, you really do not want to be fucking around with the exhaust from a gas boiler, unless you have a death wish of course :jawdrop:

Iloveswissroll
16-01-08, 11:06 AM
Iam a plumber

Dont do that,thats a really bad idea.you will get an increase in co2 but u have to deal with toxic fumes aswell.You wont b able to control the heat of the fumes this could kill your plants and you

Dont do it,you could poision your whole house,please dont do this.its very very very dangerous,please dont do this

milehighguy
16-01-08, 07:41 PM
right right it was just in idea but if i did which im not i was thinking about getting a co2 meter to keep an eye on levels.......also any extra co2 in the room would theoretically be flushed out after a quick circulation of the room because of a strong inline fine forcing room air out the chimney thru existing duct....only problem; are there other emmisions besides co2 from ignited natural gas?

Iloveswissroll
16-01-08, 08:33 PM
its called Carbon Monoxide,my spelling might be incorrect cause Iam a bit dislexic.put it trough a search engine and see what it says

Carbon Monoxide will kill you,thats a fact.If it will kill a Human I presume it can kill a plant

Sorry for over reacting but......:confused:...I feel I now have got the point accross

Best of luck mate and happy growing

D
18-01-08, 08:54 AM
Carbon Monoxide?

Fuck that, mate don't go there