PDA

View Full Version : Should thc sell single fem seeds?........

Eddie1z
21-02-10, 12:59 AM
I think they should, just read a thread in which this was mentioned so i started this as a seperate thread as i have thought this for ages, i like to buy single seeds so you aint growin all the same strain and you dont have to buy a pack of each in order to do so, i would purchase my seeds from thc every time if they did this and im certain a lot of other people would, people looking for singles who dont even use this forum would google single fem seeds and find it. So what do you think??:thcleaf:

Wrams
21-02-10, 01:05 AM
What about mixtures of seeds that the customer picks themselves..?

So you could have all the different names then you just ticket the box next to each seed and the amount then click update and it gives a grand total..? I think this would also be a great idea or do THC already do this...?

How much would you expect to pay for 1 seed on its own..?

Eddie1z
21-02-10, 01:05 AM
:sorry:was supposed to be a poll but it wont let me do it on my mobile.:thcleaf:

Eddie1z
21-02-10, 01:08 AM
I'd pay a fiver a seed, without question, more for the better/higher ranked strains, its only the same price as clones sold on the street:thcleaf:

Wrams
21-02-10, 01:19 AM
I'd pay a fiver a seed, without question, more for the better/higher ranked strains, its only the same price as clones sold on the street:thcleaf:

Yes I agree it could be something to look into. Supose we will have to wait and see what Admin has to say about it. ;)

hort
21-02-10, 01:24 AM
[quote]What about mixtures of seeds that the customer picks themselves..?[/quote ]

I think this would be a good option. Maybe with a 5 seed minimum. This would make it better from a business perspective and help the small time grower.

hort

Eddie1z
21-02-10, 01:40 AM
Selling single seeds doesnt necessarily mean people will just buy one seed, theyl just have more choice and if they do buy one seed they end up paying more for the delivery than the seed, i think they could make good business doing this, just add an extra pound to delivery to account for extra packaging i.e zip/druggie bags for seperate seeds(all labeled), and dvd case, bubble envelope for main packaging.

massivemick
24-02-10, 04:33 PM
id deffo buy them in singles cus ive always spent up then find a nice pack of seeds but only have like a fiver in bank...not 40 for the full pack

Amok420
24-02-10, 04:56 PM
Great idea to sell single seeds, alot of people like various strains not lots of one strain.

Wrams
24-02-10, 05:31 PM
Has Admin replied to this thread...?

Would be great to have single seeds for sale. If you did sale single seeds then I know I would purchase them and I know alot more of the members here would also. :weed:

ViK
24-02-10, 05:36 PM
I like this idea :)

I can't help think of poor Rag's having to open individual packs and counting out single beans all the time though :rvmp:

Wrams
24-02-10, 05:40 PM
I doubt if he would mind aslong as hes getting paid ;) Aslong as there kept in a dark, dry, airtight place then the seeds would be fine. :weed:

Far Side
24-02-10, 06:26 PM
i'd be happy to sit there sorting beans to help out the shop....

in exchange for a few free beans for myself of course ;)

smokeydj
24-02-10, 06:44 PM
I can't help think of poor Rag's having to open individual packs and counting out single beans all the time though :rvmp:

i think he will be happy enough when counting out all the cash after :)

steadyeddie
24-02-10, 11:33 PM
yeaah this is a great idea! i spent quite abit on seeds when really i could of done with something like this! i'd be a loyal customer of thctalk everytime if they did this! .. peace

Wrams
25-02-10, 12:01 AM
I think 95% of the members here would love for this to happen. I definitely would purchase 5 different seeds maybe more.

Why don't the original poster create a poll with the simple question:

Should THCTalk sale single seeds...? Then the answer 'Yes' or 'No' which would do just fine....:D

Eddie1z
25-02-10, 12:18 AM
:)If you read the 1st and 3rd post, this thread was actualy supposed to be a poll, and it just come up as a normal thread, i'v tried again but i think its cause im using my mobile phone.if one of the mods could edit thread and add a poll to it with a simple yes/,no, it would be great:) :thcleaf:

Eggbox
25-02-10, 11:45 AM
Done that for you pal. It's a good idea, something all the major seedbanks are now getting into and something that I reckon would generate a bit more income for THCT. However, as people have said already it'd be quite a fair bit more work.. And postage would be fairly pricey for sending out single seeds in DVD cases. I'm sure super lightweight, seperate seed packaging could be thought up.. But I really would feel sorry for Rags :D I can come down and be the single seed sorter ;) Or singles could be sent from Scotland's postal hub instead, for a nice wide coverage! haha, ignore me I'm just rambling now:bong:

relto
25-02-10, 12:21 PM
i know i should not link ..and hope link works to my shopping basket..but this is just purely for show.as i`m a newbie ..with small growing space

BOBmonk
25-02-10, 12:26 PM
i think we all the know the shops that sell single seeds m8 lol

Wrams
25-02-10, 12:33 PM
Some of us have been growing weed for many many years and know all the places where to purchase seeds.

Also I would NEVER purchase seeds from a site that I don't know unless reading reviews first to see what the company is like.

Wrams
25-02-10, 12:40 PM
However, as people have said already it'd be quite a fair bit more work.. And postage would be fairly pricey for sending out single seeds in DVD cases.

A DVD sent via Royalmail by 1st recorded delivery is £2.68 because I asked my friend who works in the postoffice and you could also charge petrol/gas which would come to about £2 or £3 so for a single seed with postage could work out at around £9 or £10. Yes I agree it is pricey but at the end of the day its better than paying £30 for 5 seeds and then £2.68 on top or whatever your postage charges are.

Thanks for adding the poll by the way ;)

Grub
25-02-10, 12:51 PM
And postage would be fairly pricey for sending out single seeds in DVD cases. I'm sure super lightweight, seperate seed packaging could be thought up..

The plastic vials below do the job well and a few seed co's are now using them stuffed with cotton wool for seed packaging. You can buy them in bulk online and they work out less than a penny each. To post them out would be as cheap as a first class stamp! :)

http://www.sks-science.com/images/225402LRG.jpg

Eggbox
25-02-10, 01:07 PM
I received some not many moons ago from a user here, in packaging that I thought was brilliantly simple, and safe. Cotton wool used to block one section of the corrugated plastic and one strain in there, cotton wool in the other end. Then you can write what strain is in which section on the plastic, and bung 'em in the cardboard and straight into a letter. Absolutely brilliant. :smokie::bong:

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC00028_Small_.JPGhttps://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC00029_Small_.JPG

If you're selling single seeds, you can cut the original packaging into 10 pieces and post a bit with each seed. I reckon the above packaging is possibly the best idea ever.. If you want to own up to it then feel free but I'll leave you anonymous just now :greet:

Eddie1z
25-02-10, 03:14 PM
Nice one for that egg:) i hope thc does start singles, i would never buy anywhere else if they did and iv got mates who would buy from here. You can buy empty dvd cases for about 10p each, less than that if you buy them in bulk, the seedbank i know of that uses these cases charge £3.75delivery, the seeds come in seperate, labeled zip/weed bags in an empty dvd case then in a bubble envelope on recorded royal mail delivery, i think that if you add....say a pound extra to each seed then another pound on top of delivery this would help cover delivery charges. Heres a little example:-the g.h.s lemon skunk are £20 for 5seeds, now i would happily pay £5 a seed for this strain, thats an extra fiver on top of original pack price if sold as singles. And with paradise ice cream i would pay £10 a seed, again thats a fiver on top of original pack price, i think they should still sell the packs obviously, just add a single option. I think this could be good for both thc and growers/members:thcleaf:

relto
25-02-10, 10:46 PM
i must go to the back of the class for posting a link..:ban:
but in all honesty i forgot wot i was doing..excited about thc selling single seeds ect..yea it must be a haslle selling single seeds ect..i`m paying 2.95 postage for a single seed..but that suits me as i got no space to grow 3 plus plants..i could of said :furious: and went some were else..but this site is :mutz nutz: i did not intend to :pee: anyone off..so why no links ect..is it legal stuff or they got their own shop...did i not read about sumit on here about the bible saying about mj..so wot about freedom of speach..:boobs: :banghead:

relto
25-02-10, 10:48 PM
i must go to the back of the class for posting a link..:ban:
but in all honesty i forgot wot i was doing..excited about thc selling single seeds ect..yea it must be a haslle selling single seeds ect..i`m paying 2.95 postage for a single seed..but that suits me as i got no space to grow 3 plus plants..i could of said :furious: and went some were else..but this site is :mutz nutz: i did not intend to :pee: anyone off..so why no links ect..is it legal stuff or they got their own shop...did i not read about sumit on here about the bible saying about mj..so wot about freedom of speach..:boobs: :banghead:

3 wheels are beter than none:pissed:

Wrams
25-02-10, 11:00 PM
Please can members interested in purchasing single seeds from THCTalk please vote to get this up and running as soon as possible.

Thank you everyone for your support for single seeds :D

relto
25-02-10, 11:29 PM
i voted yes :stoned-smilie:

TheGreenMachine
25-02-10, 11:30 PM
I'd be interested in fem singles.
Could just grab a couple when I fancy trying something new.

To be honest, and I don't know if anyone else feels the same, but I don't think packaging will be an issue.
I personally wouldn't mind what they were shipped in as long as they were away from moisture and there was no risk of pressure damage etc.

In baggies inside a match box with cotton wool would be okay for me.

I do like the method Egg has shown... Cheap and Solid.
Price of a stamp and it's more or less job done.

Even if I didn't use them outright, I could buy a couple every now and again which will allow me to support the site and build up a few seeds at a time.
Cos I don't always have £30 or £40 to chuck about on full packs.

For those reasons, I vote yes to single seeds.

Maybe we could try the idea out with one or two strains and see how it fairs both popularity wise as well as logistically.

Maybe Rags or someone could put up a poll to see which two strains would be most popular to try the idea out with so as not to be putting unpopular single seed strains up in the shop for a start???

Heres me planning away and poor old Rags hasn't even agreed lol.

relto
25-02-10, 11:31 PM
i voted yes :stoned-smilie:

i would like 3 seeds..but not in a hurry...2 / 3 months maybee:cowboy:

Wrams
26-02-10, 12:09 AM
Thats a great idea Green_Machine. I also would not give to hoots what they are sent in aslong as previously stated they where secure and moisture free :D

I might even purchase your top 10 seeds then get them all going at once ;) :D

relto
26-02-10, 01:42 AM
A DVD sent via Royalmail by 1st recorded delivery is £2.68 because I asked my friend who works in the postoffice and you could also charge petrol/gas which would come to about £2 or £3 so for a single seed with postage could work out at around £9 or £10. Yes I agree it is pricey but at the end of the day its better than paying £30 for 5 seeds and then £2.68 on top or whatever your postage charges are.

Thanks for adding the poll by the way ;)

10 quid a seed seems reasonable to me delivered...even a few quid more for a better seed...8 to 11 quid is wot i`m paying now..so the finished by product after growing would save ,,,u going 2 dealers on da street,and getting shit weed..right or wrong ??..then if all buy of thctalk..we could all have a grow diary..maybe..see wot is and wot is not...so giving NO BAD FEED BACK TO THCTALK....only bad feed back to the seed/breed ...all say eye :)

Ragman
26-02-10, 02:37 PM
I will look into this in the coming months but what worries me is that im going to end up with loads of packs with 1 or 2 seeds missing and not being able to sell enough of them and ending up with open packets that I cant sell

I also like to sell seeds in their original packaging which shows that the seeds are genuine and have not been tampered with

Selling seeds at 1 at a time would also work out quite expensive as I would need to buy additional packaging for the single seeds plus delivery cost which would push to true cost for a single seed from between £5 - 10+ which would make it worth more than its weight than gold

keep voting and I will keep thinking about this

The Green Man
26-02-10, 03:50 PM
i havent read every post here but whats wrong with posting the seeds in a baggie wrapped in bubble wrap like thct do with normal strains? you could put a wee sticky lable with the strain name handwritten on it. am i missing the point here?

Wrams
26-02-10, 04:41 PM
I will look into this in the coming months but what worries me is that im going to end up with loads of packs with 1 or 2 seeds missing and not being able to sell enough of them and ending up with open packets that I cant sell

I honestly think that you would have no problems here as theres a lot of members who would purchase single seeds. I won't only be buying seeds for myself I also have friends who are very interested.

I also like to sell seeds in their original packaging which shows that the seeds are genuine and have not been tampered with

I think that most members here know they can trust you, after all your only doing yourself out of customers and members by not sending the right seeds :D

Selling seeds at 1 at a time would also work out quite expensive as I would need to buy additional packaging for the single seeds plus delivery cost which would push to true cost for a single seed from between £5 - 10+ which would make it worth more than its weight than gold

I don't think members would really mind aslong as they can purchase single seeds, I have about 3 packs of seeds with 2 or 3 in that I probably won't use for a long time because I want to try different strains each grow. So single seeds would be perfect so postage and cost would be ok I think.

swampy
26-02-10, 04:41 PM
Done that for you pal. It's a good idea, something all the major seedbanks are now getting into and something that I reckon would generate a bit more income for THCT. However, as people have said already it'd be quite a fair bit more work.. And postage would be fairly pricey for sending out single seeds in DVD cases. I'm sure super lightweight, seperate seed packaging could be thought up.. But I really would feel sorry for Rags :D I can come down and be the single seed sorter ;) Or singles could be sent from Scotland's postal hub instead, for a nice wide coverage! haha, ignore me I'm just rambling now:bong:

single seeds is a brill idea and peeps here would buy more from THC shop, maybe cut down on the postage by selling a min pack of 5 diferent strains, obviously cosen by yourselves??? :weed:

Eddie1z
26-02-10, 05:38 PM
Nice one for looking in rag's, and to everyone else, :thcleaf:fingers crossed:thcleaf:

Far Side
26-02-10, 09:03 PM
Thanks for thinkin about it Ragman....

what worries me is that im going to end up with loads of packs with 1 or 2 seeds missing and not being able to sell enough of them and ending up with open packets that I cant sell

if you split up the seeds into 1's in seperate bags, and label, then any spares like the odd ones and twos that you need to shift, go into a random
mix pack.

you dunno what strains your gonna get but they are labelled so you know what you got when you get em.... make sense? lol

Wrams
26-02-10, 09:20 PM
Or Ragman another great idea would be to hold competitions and the winner gets seeds, you could do this.

1st Prize

5 Mixed Seeds

2nd Prize

3 Mixed Seeds

3rd Prize

1 Seed (Random Strain)

Just a thought, may be useful. Unless this is already done here...?

duggie20091
26-02-10, 11:07 PM
would be a brilliant idea,i would be up for getting single seeds from here defo!

samhain
26-02-10, 11:46 PM
There are quite a few allready selling singles . Other's sell five pack's .
~~
Get yerself an A4 spine bars and them riproof envelopes , seeds in a bag and slide them into the bar . Cut to length if need be . I have received seed this way with no problems .
Seems to me there will be more interest in feminised than regular , imagine ordering one and it was male with no feamale to cross , that would suck .
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=spine+bars&tag=googiehydra-21&index=aps&hvadid=4907990943&ref=pd_sl_1jxvciyi13_b