PDA

View Full Version : what causing this!!! (PICS)

karl2008
20-01-08, 06:47 PM
my plants were grown from seed and are now 3 weeks i think and they are about 4 inches tall.
the containers are 11cm square pots filled with canna professional.
i water the plant every 2 days or when the top of the soil looks dry.
i feed them every 2 days with canna tera vega (2ml per 100l) (npk=3-1-4).
i do not spray my plant but they do sometimes get wet when i jug feed them.
my plant are under a 250w envirolite compact fluorescent which is about 4 inches above the plants and Ive managed to keep the temp between 15-20c.
last night i flushed the containers just in case it was toxic salt buildup.
i am getting loads of new growth which appears to be very healthy but once the leave are fully formed they start to deteriorate like in they pics.

is this normal or can anyone out there give any advice on whats causing the problem or how to cure it??????

Growz
20-01-08, 06:56 PM
they look fine m8 i wouldn't worry about it

I get that all the time in my veg room i think its because of how close you can get an envriolite

its all good m8 ;)

:weed:

karl2008
20-01-08, 07:26 PM
THANK FOR THE QUICK REPLY M8

what would you recomened i feed them if anything and also how much would i need to mix with 2lt of water.

Growz
20-01-08, 10:16 PM
what would you recomened i feed them

post a pic of the full plant buddy if you can ;)

what nutes are you useing?

karl2008
20-01-08, 10:50 PM
just waiting for cam to charge.
ive been using tera vega (2ml pear 2 liters). could this be the start of nute burn

Growz
20-01-08, 10:56 PM
2ml per 2ltr seems really low thats 1ml 1ltr

I am a hydro man so i use a ph & ec meter to check my nutrient strenth so i wouldn't know the exact ml's..

your leaves look green and healthy so i would stick to what your doing

saying that i havent seen your whole plant so we will take it from there when you post it

karl2008
21-01-08, 12:02 AM
got the pics.
since flushing them yesterday they leaves have started to curle down.cheers

Growz
21-01-08, 04:20 AM
Your plant looks real nice, you are doing a great job with it ;)

when you see the leaves at the bottom of the plant go a lighter green, yellow even thats when you need to up the nutes but untill then keep doing what your doing and you will be fine

you should start a grow diary m8, it would be great to watch her mature into mahoosive nugz ;)

Happy Growing buddy

green_machine
21-01-08, 05:00 AM
Your plant looks real nice, you are doing a great job with it ;)

when you see the leaves at the bottom of the plant go a lighter green, yellow even thats when you need to up the nutes but untill then keep doing what your doing and you will be fine

you should start a grow diary m8, it would be great to watch her mature into mahoosive nugz ;)

Happy Growing buddy

Good advice Lewy...:gulp:

Those spots on the leaves look like nute spillage to me, and the rest of the plant looks fab - I'm creamin' my jeans when mine look that good! Hahaha...

green_machine

karl2008
21-01-08, 11:22 AM
ive been reading the instructions on the back of my canna tera vega and it says the dose is 500ml per 100 liters of water (1:200).
i managed to calculate that it works out at around 15ml per 3 liters of water.
would it be best to feed them 7ml per 3 liters and up it to 15ml over a week or so.
also will take your advice and start a diary. cheers

bubbs
23-01-08, 11:42 AM
i use hesi nutes from greenshorticulture every thing explained, no need for ph meters, all in one excellent package if ur new to growing i would defo recomend hesi nutes i gotta say my plants are thriving on them, and they are real easy to use. as for ur spots i have them on older leaves does'nt effect the new leaves, lol i cut em off dont want my plant lookin ugly now do we.
Well good luck with ur grow Karl hope u get some monster plants dude.

Midnight Toker
23-01-08, 02:37 PM
ive been reading the instructions on the back of my canna tera vega and it says the dose is 500ml per 100 liters of water (1:200).
i managed to calculate that it works out at around 15ml per 3 liters of water.
would it be best to feed them 7ml per 3 liters and up it to 15ml over a week or so.
also will take your advice and start a diary. cheers

Karl,

DO NOT give your plants Canna nutes at that level, you'll kill em off for sure.

I measure/mix mine in 6 pint (3.4 ltr) empty milk containers & use no more than 5-10ml .. that's roughly 1.5 - 3 ml per ltr. i assure you that is more than enough. you will suffer with nute burn if you go much stronger.

Best bet is to start weak (1-1.5 ml per ltr) & build gradually over a couple of weeks. i usually give them a feed for 3-4 waterings & then give em one of plain water.

It's always best to slightly underfeed than to risk over feeding them, once leaves are damaged by nute burn they will not recover, whereas if you catch underfeeding in time they should return to a nice healthy colour in a few days.

karl2008
23-01-08, 08:55 PM
cheers for that.
could that be the reason why some of the leaves are starting to curle under and a few rust patches are starting to appear on the fan leaves?

karl2008
23-01-08, 09:35 PM
here are some pics

Midnight Toker
24-01-08, 10:21 AM
As GM has already said that could simply be caused by splashes on the leaves, are the bottom leaves near/touching the soil ?.

how long have they been in thier current pots.

have you actually used any nutes yet ?.

karl2008
24-01-08, 11:06 PM
they have only been in the 11cm pots for a week.
i gave them 5ml tera vega per 2lt 3 days ago.
once the new leaves have fully formed near the top of the plants they started to get rust patches and some of the leaf tips are starting to go brown and them black.
also some of the leaf tips are curling under and some also grow deformed.
i going to give them a big flush tonight to see if this help but any help in the mean time will be highly appreciated and thanks for your help so far.cheers

milehighguy
25-01-08, 01:07 AM
nute burn id say, also remember you dont want to prune leaves when their that young. A good rule of thumb is to cut em off only after 50% damage or more is done to the leaf, it only makes them more fragile when already dealing with stress good luck good grow

Midnight Toker
25-01-08, 10:27 AM
If they've only been in them pots a week then you gave them nutes far too early.

You should wait for the plants to show signs of needing a feed before even thinking about it M8.

As a guideline i'd say most plants wont need feeding for 3-5 weeks after a repot (depending on soil used) so I'd definately say it's nute burn.

As LK advised me when i started growing "Less is better" when it comes to nutes. let your plants tell you when they need a feed.

Also 5ml per 2ltr is too strong to start off with, Canna is very potent stuff so start with 1.5 - 2 ml per ltr.

A flush wont neccessarily get rid of the excessive nutes but wont do any harm either so go for it !

karl2008
29-01-08, 01:32 AM
its now happening to my first plant i had just before christmas.
is this over fert or is she hungry?

karl2008
29-01-08, 01:34 AM
hers some more pics

karl2008
29-01-08, 01:36 AM
again some more pics

bubbs
29-01-08, 10:43 AM
hello mate im not sur what could be causing that, it looks like its only affecting the lower leaves the top looks healthy, have a look in the cannabis infirmary section there is a whole mind of info failing that do the questionare in that section and one of the expert growers will get back to you

lmao just realised we in the cannabis infirmary :o :banghead: what can i say im a stoner!!!!:stoned-smilie:

Midnight Toker
29-01-08, 11:19 AM
Karl, are those bottom leaves getting wet when you water them ?? ... could just be that or maybe the start of nute burn

The plant looks a little droopy too, how high are your temps & how often are you watering, how do you judge if they need watering ?

JPS
29-01-08, 11:38 AM
looks like too much water... does the tub drain well?

Growz
29-01-08, 12:11 PM
you need to leave it alone for a while m8 to dry out she is showing signs of overwatering thats why its drooping and as for the leaves i bet if you let the pot dry out all them leaves will grow out and all the new growdth will be cool

yer plant looks fine just over watered let it dry out completely so the pot is light and you can pick it up with 1 hand

doing this will make them think their nutrients are getting low and they will start to use their stored energy and thats when you feed them and they will boom because they will be hungry

give it a try m8 and see how it goes

WTL
29-01-08, 04:26 PM
Mate I tend to get the water ready when I think they need it then leave them another day or so, at the moment I'm only watering them once a week.

karl2008
29-01-08, 07:07 PM
Cheers For The Quick Replies.
I Water Them Every 2-3 Days Depending On How Heavy The Pot Is.
I Did Give Her A Big Flush A Couple Of Weeks Ago And Watered Her 3 Days Ago. My Temp Gets Up To About 26c With Lights On And Frop To About 17c With Lights Of. Humidity Ranges From 45-59 %
I Have Tried Raising It By Standing A Bucket Of Water In The Tent

Iloveswissroll
31-01-08, 08:58 PM
Alright mate,

Iam only a novice so dont expect much.But,I think your temps when the lights are off are to low.Another member called Larry had problems with his temps when the lights were off.his plants ended up short and a bit sick.Maybe putting a heater in there might help.Iam sure some of the more experienced growers would have some experience in dealing with symptoms and effects of low temps

I hope this helps and if someone can say Iam wrong,at least it'll rule that out

karl2008
31-01-08, 10:09 PM
took a phew leaves and photos to my local hydro shop and the said it looks like the symptoms of over watering and the begining of nute burn.
will get a heater and see if it works. cheers

lkdj2003
01-02-08, 05:52 PM
Alright mate,

Iam only a novice so dont expect much.But,I think your temps when the lights are off are to low.Another member called Larry had problems with his temps when the lights were off.his plants ended up short and a bit sick.Maybe putting a heater in there might help.Iam sure some of the more experienced growers would have some experience in dealing with symptoms and effects of low temps

I hope this helps and if someone can say Iam wrong,at least it'll rule that out

I agree, i would say your light out temps are to low, which inturn can cause the plant to use less water which inturn can cause you to over water aswell.

karl2008
05-02-08, 07:01 PM
problem sorted plants are looking healthier than ever thanks to all your help and a dose of rhizatonic. so cheers everyone (THC RULES)

lkdj2003
11-02-08, 06:46 PM
Cool, thats great news mate. :weed: