PDA

View Full Version : help....

blue widow
23-06-07, 04:08 PM
lads and ladies i need help here, rite got a problem, when i was in the chatroom earlyer i kept getting disconnected, and when i have been on msn messenger i keep getting disconnected, now i can get on the net no problem but it seems when i am chatting in a window i keep getting dis con, any ideas folks??

WTL
23-06-07, 06:30 PM
Virus??? maybe, but i know very little about computers dude. Midnight or Acsi would be your best bet mate.

Hazza
23-06-07, 06:57 PM
when did it start to happen try do a sytem restore to a date b4 it started to happen if its a virus it wont get rid of it but it will sort ur comp out :joint:

asci
23-06-07, 06:58 PM
have you done all the usual scans? trojan and viral scans that is..

munkman
24-06-07, 12:44 AM
simple reset of pc/modem/router.. failing that go to run type cmd then ipconfig... and type "ipconfig /release" then "ipconfig /renew" - reboot pc.

if this doesnt wqork try using virus scan/malware software.

if none of these work ring your isp!

blue widow
24-06-07, 08:46 AM
thanks for all the advice ppl, i finally got to the bottom of the problem yesterday, what happened was i unistalled the anti-virus and firewall program i have been using and installed norton instead, yesterday was the 1st chance to sit down on the pc, as it turned out, installing norton stopped communication between my modem and pc, modem had an IP addy but pc didnt, all sorted now i hope, unistalled norton and reinstalled my old anti virus, fingers crossed, thanks again for the quick responce folks!

Peace

munkman
24-06-07, 01:44 PM
good job man norton sucks bollox. try sygate firewall with kerpsky/nod32 virus scan these can be found on most torrent sites.