MeawThai
29-01-08, 06:17 PM
Di chan son dai tam gup khao bep thai
I can teach yous make tasty thai foods

My husband like put gancha with tom yum soup
him ding dong

Bitterfly
29-01-08, 08:27 PM
whilst i didnt quite get all of that post MeawThai, I would definitley like to hear some recipes or such-like, im currently trying to learn to cook as i cant go on eating pork and pickle pies all, delicious as they are!

Diaper
29-01-08, 09:46 PM
You follow any of her recipes mate, and you'd better get your inards blessed!

Bitterfly
30-01-08, 01:51 AM
You follow any of her recipes mate, and you'd better get your inards blessed!

sounds like you two have such a loving relationship!

MeawThai
02-02-08, 07:14 PM
Phet,phet briow briow

hot spicy sour

blue widow
03-02-08, 11:21 AM
diaps you understand the aul scottish lingo bro, could you translate into ma dialect :)

am just gonna call you mrs diaps if thats ok mrs diaps :)
lookin forward to seeing some of your recipes , is thia food all spicey or is there any poofy stuff like korma that doesnt burn the mouth aff ye? :)

Bitterfly
03-02-08, 06:39 PM
am just gonna call you mrs diaps if thats ok mrs diaps :)

PMSL :rvmp:

Booshbuds
05-02-08, 01:26 AM
Nothing beats the tom yum koong ( hot and sour prawn soup as a starter)
But I love gang kiew wan (green chicken curry) although I have moved on now to Gang Ped Kai ( red chicken curry ) as my local thai restaurant uses sweet basil ( it tastes like licorice). We always get phad thai - I just love the noodles with nuts - scrummy!!

We regularly used to have phad kati when we were living down under I would love the recipe for that please as I cant find it anywhere. :D

Diaper
05-02-08, 04:41 PM
Guys, she's given me a freakin headache with this for sure.!
Nothing mild I'm afraid Blue, but as Boosh recomends Kaeng kiaw wan kai is a good choice. It translates out as sweet green curry with chicken, and can easily be toned down. You can even buy it in a jar from tesco!

Boosh, I'm trying to think wat your pad kati is? It's the phonetic spellin, I think its the shrimp paste which I'd say gapi. are we talking fried rice, sort of pink colour?

Booshbuds
05-02-08, 08:18 PM
Hmmm I remember it as having chicken, red peppers, green beans, bamboo shoots, red thai curry paste and coconut cream.

Maybe it was one of those local specialities - I'm not sure...

Still loved it though.

For the red or green or yellow curry paste I recommend MAE PLOY. You can typically get it from your local china town supermarket. Careful though you dont need much to get it warm enough.

Diaper
06-02-08, 06:53 AM
I think I'm with you now, that'd be a dry curry then served on rice, rather than in a bowl, swimming in sauce? It's the green beanz that give it away.

D
09-02-08, 11:11 AM
mmmmmm thai food :drool: