PDA

View Full Version : LIDL's gardening stuff..

Puuurpl3-Chaos
10-03-10, 12:45 AM
Right went I'n lidl's on the way home from work to get pasta and milk and a couple other things and I was wondering about the only other person in the store (one crazy looking Asian guys asking about Soy sauce ??) got to the first bit loads of seeds in pack's on a rotating stand!
Picked up water melons, cucumbers, carrots, lettuces, tom's, potato's, pumpkins and parsnips 49p/pack each pack about 12 seeds!

next I walked right past the pasta/rice and straight to all the gardening stuff where they have all the "recently in" stuff grabbed seedlings soil at 99p for 20ltr's, £2.69 for a 40ltr bag of multi purpose + JI No2 (got two of em! going back for a third or forth :D), 22 pots :p, a watering bottle/sprayer thing and a bag of perlite..

Will be using the soil's to go my Canna' but I'm going to start growing my veggies in any excess soil's :satan:

just to let you know!
Hurry though they had them in last week and/but they still got alot but be quick!!

duggie20091
10-03-10, 01:11 AM
i will be nipping down tomorrow cheers

ViK
10-03-10, 01:23 AM
Nice one, have to check it out...

Puuurpl3-Chaos
10-03-10, 01:46 AM
glad I could be of help :)
they might be selling off anything they didnt get rid of cheap (they tend to get in new stuff each week, like ALDI)

Not a cheap skate (I live litterally 150yds from ASDA lol) but every little helps! and both are on the way to/from work so I keep an eye on goodies comming in, in the week :) picked up NV Monacle's, waterproof coats, laptops, pc's ect dirt cheap after the boxes have been heavily damaged or they just want to get rid of em'! Somethings B&Q's cheaper on somethings LIDL/ALDI are so yeah!

got laptops and all sorts dirt cheap after they've "sold out", they've been the ones with oblitorated boxes deamed not viable to sell! Keep your eyes and ear's open you never know what you'll find!

Grub
11-03-10, 10:39 AM
The seedling soil is a bargain, been and got a few bags myself! :D

Father jack
11-03-10, 10:46 AM
yea i was in yesterday and picked up 4 propagators for £4.99 if i remmber right also a nice pair of secateurs

Nutty Professor
11-03-10, 10:48 AM
Do you know if its sterilised? I'm a bit wary of cheap soil after getting some nice organic stuff from wilkos that infested my house with flies lol

ViK
11-03-10, 02:04 PM
Just got bag from Lidl's :)

Nice find Puuurpl3-Chaos, and thanks for the heads up... Got 280 litres of peat free compost for under £16. Bargain tastic :) Lots of good seeds as well... Lettuce, carrots, peppers, basil, parsley, onions and some others I've forgoetten; 29p a pack!

Also, got an interesting looking 'self watering flowerpot' for £3... looks like it's dying to become a waterfarm... would also suit Hempy growers... and soil I suppose as that's what it says it's for...

Keep your eyes out!

Also, I don't care what people say about Lidl's, the food is much better quality than Tesco's, morrisons, aldi or sainsburys. Fruit and veg especially. Also, look out for greenpeppers in olive oil stuffed with soft cheese... yum yum :)

Puuurpl3-Chaos
12-03-10, 03:04 AM
Im not too sure if its sterilised? bake the fecker if not lol kills all bacteria good or bad lol

I went back today to buy some more seedling soil and its gone ¬_¬" damn stoners!! rofl
I wantted another bag all 9 were gone!! *stamping feet* twas MINEEEEEEEEE now s'all gone!! should have gotten more while I was there, bugger!

cannamancan
09-04-10, 11:04 PM
they have trays for the bottom of ur pots with wheels lol