PDA

View Full Version : No pistals at week 4

SteveL
10-03-10, 08:18 AM
I'm growing some femed Skunk #1 and White Skunk from sensi seeds on 12/12 under a 250w red cfl. As the title says I'm at week four now and there still is't even a single pistal yet let alone buds. One important thing I should mention is that the temps do sometime go down to about 10c at night ( I've just bought a 45w tube heater to sort that ), do you think that would jut slow growth or hermie them. The plant or quite small for their age, all under one foot, but they do look healty. I don't think they ave hermied because I cant see any balls on any plant. I think if it doesn't start to show it the next two weeks I'll bin and just you the tent to get my outdoor summer plants ready.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cannamancan
10-03-10, 08:43 AM
How long had u veged them for m8 ? Any pics ? The temps will defo slow growth down quite a bit but u should still have flowers commin out by now, I'm sure. Wr the plant mature ?

SteveL
10-03-10, 09:00 AM
How long had u veged them for m8 ? Any pics ? The temps will defo slow growth down quite a bit but u should still have flowers commin out by now, I'm sure. Wr the plant mature ?

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/1525/medium/SP_A01501.jpg

The plant were on 12/12 straight away, I know I've broken one of the golden rules of not putting two in one pot but I'm trying to do a sog because my tent is only 60x60x120cm. My brother put 4 in a pot the same size when he was doing a 12/12 grow and all four grew big and healty so I don't think it's causing a problem.

cannamancan
10-03-10, 09:12 AM
Can u put seedlings in 12/12 straight away ???

SteveL
10-03-10, 09:16 AM
Can u put seedlings in 12/12 straight away ???

Sorry if I sound sarcastic but that what the "flowering from seed" section it all about. People do it when they need to keep the plants small or they are just in a hurry.

cannamancan
10-03-10, 09:25 AM
O shit yeah lol it is early lmao, can u e-mail sensiseeds and see if they had anyproblems with strains , it happened with serious seeds a couple of year back.
I didn't know there was a flowering from seed section

SteveL
10-03-10, 09:30 AM
O shit yeah lol it is early lmao, can u e-mail sensiseeds and see if they had anyproblems with strains , it happened with serious seeds a couple of year back.
I didn't know there was a flowering from seed section

I don't think it's the seeds my brother bought the same at sensi at the same time, is growing on 12/12 and his are fine. Also I can't imagine them admitting a problem, but I'll try google around see if I can find anything. I'm sure somebody else will have something to say later in the day.

Bobby Digital
10-03-10, 09:49 AM
Just give them more time man, with the coldish temps it may have slowed em down a little. Dont worry about it they look healthy and will show soon enuf.
peace

BOBmonk
10-03-10, 10:30 AM
so whats yourt problem here everything looking good, just because you been on 12/12 from seed dont mean u get oz colas from day 1.

my malonica has been grown in 12/12 and after nearly 2 month of 12/12 she finaly starting to bud. alot of it is to do with strain i have had plants start to flower after 2 weeks and some take loads longer just hold ibn there u be sweet :dance2:

SteveL
10-03-10, 10:36 AM
so whats yourt problem here everything looking good, just because you been on 12/12 from seed dont mean u get oz colas from day 1.

my malonica has been grown in 12/12 and after nearly 2 month of 12/12 she finaly starting to bud. alot of it is to do with strain i have had plants start to flower after 2 weeks and some take loads longer just hold ibn there u be sweet :dance2:

I'm not expecting everything to happen at once I was just worried that there wasn't a single pistal after a month, looking at diaries in this section I expected pistals by now thats all.

the shrubman
10-03-10, 10:41 AM
I'm not expecting everything to happen at once I was just worried that there wasn't a single pistal after a month, looking at diaries in this section I expected pistals by now thats all.

it'll come. if they dont then, look for major light leaks.

had that problem once . never again. it was a schoolboy error

wert
10-03-10, 12:59 PM
i would think the cold will slow things down a little.............sooooon .
keep us posted ,and as has already been mentioned make sure the grow is not leaking light in from anywhere.

SteveL
10-03-10, 02:09 PM
Thanks to everyone who answered. It really amazes me how the people on this forum are so helpful to complete strangers. I go on computer forums also and the people and so ignorant to eachother, always getting in petty fights trying to prove how clever they are but that never really happens here.

BudMan
10-03-10, 02:37 PM
We are a good breed ;)

As for your problem matey just give em time, how close do you have the cfl to the plants by the way? Youll want it as close as possible, my 125 only really shows good fast growth when its 1" above plant tops....

Beatnik
10-03-10, 02:56 PM
my white rhino and g-bomb both took over 4 weeks 2 show sex on 12/12 from seed wouldnt worry bout it itl happen sooner or later

SteveL
10-03-10, 02:56 PM
We are a good breed ;)

As for your problem matey just give em time, how close do you have the cfl to the plants by the way? Youll want it as close as possible, my 125 only really shows good fast growth when its 1" above plant tops....

I have it about 4/5 inches away, if I have it closer the reflector ( http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/CFL-Lights-95/CFL-Accessories-290/Sunmate-CFL-Reflector-1175.asp ) only lights the plants directly under it and not the ones to the side a bit.

bergkamp
10-03-10, 03:40 PM
thats a lot of plants for 1 cfl mate , normally wouldnt reccomend doing more than four through to finish under one. plus as you know two plants in one pot is never a good idea . is that your final pots as i would say that they might need repotting soon as that looks about the size i use as final pots for one plant let alone two.

SteveL
10-03-10, 05:34 PM
thats a lot of plants for 1 cfl mate , normally wouldnt reccomend doing more than four through to finish under one. plus as you know two plants in one pot is never a good idea . is that your final pots as i would say that they might need repotting soon as that looks about the size i use as final pots for one plant let alone two.

I know it's not the usual thing to do but I have seen 4 in one pot that size work well so I thought 2 per pot would be ok. I want them all to be about 18" tall when finished to make a nice SOG.

bergkamp
10-03-10, 07:45 PM
thing is if say youve got 2 plants in each 5 litre pot you would be better off planting each plant in a three litre pot as you can judge watering and nutes individually . also you might be better off looking at getting some square pots off the net as you can fit more into the same space .
not saying it cant be done the way you are doing it but your making it harder than it needs to be.

SteveL
10-03-10, 08:02 PM
thing is if say youve got 2 plants in each 5 litre pot you would be better off planting each plant in a three litre pot as you can judge watering and nutes individually . also you might be better off looking at getting some square pots off the net as you can fit more into the same space .
not saying it cant be done the way you are doing it but your making it harder than it needs to be.

Well greens won't post big stuff like pots to Ireland and the only plae on ebay with suitable pots wont post to Ireland either, I've tried big garden centers in Dublin but can't find them anywhere. Can you think of anyway I could split the rootball on the plants without shocking them.

SteveL
19-03-10, 12:23 AM
Incase anybody still looks at this thread I thought I would post a picture and see what people think. They started showing pistals a few days ago and have really bushed out.

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/1525/medium/SP_A01541.jpg