PDA

View Full Version : Big fat joints or small skinny joints

Riff Raff
24-06-07, 02:32 AM
I've just recently found my old Marijuana growers insiders guide book by Mel Frank.
Tis a great book and one that helped me a great deal when i 1st started growing in the days before the internet.

Anyway, been reading through it again just for old times sake and found an interesting (i think) paragraph about smoking joints.
Basically it says that 2 skinny joints will give a better stone than 1 fat joint with an equivalent amount of weed.

Do all you good folks out ther always roll big fat ones or do you prefer something a bit smaller and skinny.

I tend to smoke little single skinners during the day because i work from home and like to get stoned rather than pure wasted, and then roll longer but not fat ones in the evening. I usally use just enough tobacco to get a good burn but i usally use more green than brown.

Thoughts please.

asci
24-06-07, 08:43 AM
I tend to do single skins unless I have friends over. Then the reefers tend to get fatter and longer.

Saying that, I did a really fat two skin yesterday and it got me so mashed I couldn't stand.. :)

blue widow
24-06-07, 08:53 AM
i usually roll what we call in jockland, 3 skinners, they are always bout same thickness as a cig, just been rollin for years and they always look like that no matter what lol like a big fat one now n again tho :bigjoint:

Midnight Toker
24-06-07, 01:33 PM
I tend to do normal single skinners if it's just me but use kingsize slim skins for passing around ..

i made a load to take to the henge but as there were so many going around i came home with most of em, got one left for later, not had to roll one since wednesday !! .. :joint:

Riff Raff
24-06-07, 11:39 PM
i usually roll what we call in jockland, 3 skinners, they are always bout same thickness as a cig, just been rollin for years and they always look like that no matter what lol like a big fat one now n again tho :bigjoint:

3 skinners, yeah man, know what yer on aboot. Grew up in killie an moved to somerset about 10 years ago. Still go back up twice a year or so tae see my mates. The odd time we would make supersized doobs using loads of skins an put in a half Q of soft black (thats all we could get in the eighties) just for a laugh to see who could make the biggest smokable joints. If i remember right anything more than a 5 skinner an it just got ridiculous.
Cheers to all for taking the time to reply.

Hazza
24-06-07, 11:56 PM

thats exactly how a have em :joint::bigjoint:

lkdj2003
25-06-07, 12:11 AM
thats exactly how a have em :joint::bigjoint:
Me too, Unless Ragmans around, then i will make a big bob... :bigjoint:

munkman
25-06-07, 12:36 AM
i like to roll L skins with two kingize slims when have enough bud... not a fan of rolling 3 small skins.... although thats how i started off. EDIT changed my way rolling:P

Midnight Toker
25-06-07, 09:50 AM
I dont like joining small skins .. there's too much paper & i think it spoils the smoke.

RealDrumandBass
25-06-07, 10:08 AM
I dissagree that two smaller joints get you more stoned than one.

I think a a fat joint gets you more blazed and has the benefit of not using as much baccy and papper,tastes better and is less effort.

Even better is when you have 2 or 3 fat joints being passed around and as soon as you pass on you recieve another,quality!

lkdj2003
25-06-07, 11:16 AM
Even better is when you have 2 or 3 fat joints being passed around and as soon as you pass on you recieve another,quality!

That seems to happen everytime me and Ragman get together... :joint:

Midnight Toker
25-06-07, 12:58 PM

That seems to happen everytime me and Ragman get together... :joint:

Nought wrong with that at all .... i reckon there must have been close to double figures at the henge at times, i had one in each hand at one point, Luckily WTL helped me out by taking one of em .. being the kind soul he is :bigjoint::)

lkdj2003
25-06-07, 01:02 PM
Nought wrong with that at all .... i reckon there must have been close to double figures at the henge at times, i had one in each hand at one point, Luckily WTL helped me out by taking one of em .. being the kind soul he is :bigjoint::)

Niceeee, but then again he is chief tester... :joint:

Midnight Toker
25-06-07, 02:21 PM
515 posts already LK !! ..

& i thought i was the post whore ... :rolleyes:

Psiclo
25-06-07, 02:59 PM
Because I'm a nicotine addict and smoke roll-ups, if I'm on my own then I usually throw a bit of weed into every rollie I smoke, and get slowly more stoned throughout the day.
If I'm in company though, then I roll "real length" joints for passing. These used to be made of 3 single skins put together as I always have plenty of small skins lying about for my rolies, however since moving, I now keep a packet of long rizla sliver for joints.

Riff Raff
25-06-07, 03:15 PM
I dissagree that two smaller joints get you more stoned than one.

I think a a fat joint gets you more blazed and has the benefit of not using as much baccy and papper,tastes better and is less effort.

Should probably have mentioned that the book i'm on about is American and from what i gather they don't use tobacco in their doobs.

So i think what the author is getting at is a small skinny joint will burn more efficiantly than big fat one so less of the smoke floats off into the air and is wasted.

I suppose he was talking about the efficiancy of the burn rather than how stoned you actually get.

Does that make sense

I haven't had a smoke since march (when last years harvest ran out) so am probably too straight for my own good.

Got about 7 more weeks to go till i can harvest some of this years crop so am looking forward to getting a seriously wasted round about august 11th

As far as rolling goes, if i make anything longer than a single skinner i use 2 small skins and stick them together using the glue from a 3rd skin.

Does that make sense .....fuck, i feel like i'm talking shit, maybe i should shut the fuck up till i get some weed in my system then at least i will have an excuse for talking pap.

Cheers all
RR

blurry-vision
25-06-07, 05:31 PM
I mostly smoke bongs but on the rare occasions I skin up its always thin spliffs.

dazzy
08-11-08, 08:57 PM
1 skinnerz nowadays with the odd two or three skin treat thrown in, occasionally get kingsize to. I guess i prefer slim joints overall because thats what i tend to make, always slightly coned though which i'm happy with. Dont mind big fat ones either do i. Am making big joints for sharing if i have toker guests round. I like to try and do two skinners with hardly any lap over using the glue twice from the same skin to stick flaps and aid rolling. Ive tried that backrolling too a couple of times over the years. Jurys still out on what i think of this probly because i'm slightly rubbish at it but still have a go now and again lol.

fresh sticky bud
09-11-08, 06:09 PM
I use a quarter of a cig in a blue slim king size rizla and i use just enough flavouring to cover it this way i only smoke an eighth a day and if people are here then i just roll it the same and smoke it to myself lol.

Tripples
09-11-08, 08:30 PM
Right now I feel like a 1 skin pure :)

sir_toke_alot
09-11-08, 09:00 PM
on my own i always smoke a king skin with an average amount of bud in, if mates are round we still usualy smoke king skins but just with more bud in and we smoke one after the other until we baked, sometimes we make a king L and ocasionly have the odd 30cm come:drool:. I do like to get stoned on my own but i dont only smoke to get stoned when im alone, im happy aslong i can get stoned if i wanna and my bud tastes good.

torky123
09-11-08, 10:09 PM
just a silver king skins amount!

THOMAS CHONG
09-11-08, 11:25 PM
I never smoke joints only the bong for me, some of my m8ts prefer joints just two king skins normaly blue slims L shaped and coned with 1/2 a fag,
CHEERS TOMBONG:bigjoint:

D
09-11-08, 11:47 PM
blunts.

your message is too short.

cjhazey
10-11-08, 04:37 PM
its usually me and the other half and we jsut share a king skin which ever make we have at the time but if one more person is there we have to have 2 joints goin at the same time or there is no point!

bubbs
10-11-08, 05:43 PM
i always roll a big fat one, :p 1 and a half kingsize, lol aka Big D's named by our the scotty mates ;)

THC Angel
10-11-08, 05:46 PM
Hahaha LMAO :p @ Bubbs

BF always rolls big D's if i'm on ma own i just have a king size1 :D

Cha-Cha Chong
10-11-08, 06:29 PM
I smoke a king skin if I'm alone. WTL uses rips so the size varies when we share one :)

sic
11-11-08, 11:43 AM
doesnt matter how long!! just how much is in it !!! i normally put in 0.8 to 1g in a normal king size slim less than half a fag... to me thats a nice jay can really taste the flavour of the bud.... i know its alot but i take the pespi max challegne as i know mine will out taste most

hrnybadboy
11-11-08, 12:04 PM
i like a nice blunt with about a half q in it but im afraid with this credit crunch i can only afford skiny joins aaaaarrrrrrrrrhhhh!

someone
11-11-08, 12:54 PM
i use kingsize silver rizla and normally get 4 joints from 3g dry and put a full fag in half on bottom then bud then other half fag on top. ive been getting 5-6 joints from 3g lately tho cuz been drinkin alot too so dont need to put as much in and it will last longer

withakay
11-11-08, 01:42 PM
I find silver rizlas make the joint go out and your forever relighting it.
I use blue kingsize slims. singles for every day use, Ls for a party.
Normally use more golden virginia than green, but now i've got my own grown that'll likely change ;)

My mum has just turned up at my house! Great! time for the glade plug in and to log off thc talk!

hrnybadboy
11-11-08, 02:49 PM
wooooooooooow 4 joints from 3g have u ever been stoned lol i pay £160 an oz for my stuff and im not even that tight hehehehehehe

someone
12-11-08, 01:50 PM
:pee:
wooooooooooow 4 joints from 3g have u ever been stoned lol i pay £160 an oz for my stuff and im not even that tight hehehehehehe

well .7-.8 in a j does me when i have to pay £20 for a eighth and id bet money that most people on here dont even put that much in when they grow it themselves when i got my own stuff id put 1.5 in a kingsize rizla wid no fag

and u pay £160 for a oz? i get dried n cured bud for £110 oz and this is realllllllllllllllllllllllllyy nice stuff so what u smokin? :owned: lol

hrnybadboy
12-11-08, 05:46 PM
well i usualy buy in bulk for a few of my m8s so i usualy manage to get it abit cheaper but 160 an oz is the price about hear thats why i need to start growing im gready ill not smoke a j inless im not going to be able to walk after it lol and since ive lost my job can only afford about a half oz every 2 weeks still only get 4 blunts max out it

sic
12-11-08, 07:58 PM
well i usualy buy in bulk for a few of my m8s so i usualy manage to get it abit cheaper but 160 an oz is the price about hear thats why i need to start growing im gready ill not smoke a j inless im not going to be able to walk after it lol and since ive lost my job can only afford about a half oz every 2 weeks still only get 4 blunts max out it

lol probably why you lost your job !!! :)

Opiate
12-11-08, 08:07 PM
it really doesn't matter much for me, just vary the amount of tobacco i throw in, not a question of what sized joint its a question of gravity bong or a good spliff

:thcleaf:

The_Hunter
12-11-08, 09:09 PM
skinny normal non kingsize length.
im wierd

Anvil Toker
12-11-08, 09:33 PM
I will usually smoke a 1 gram doobie. But every now and then I smoke a pinner just to get by.

hrnybadboy
13-11-08, 06:06 AM
hahahaha i wish my smoking habits were the reason for me losing my job then i would be able fix the problem i just smoke at nite in the comfort of my own home just not much work for digger drivers these days

cjhazey
13-11-08, 10:24 PM
well the last eighth we got we had about 3 days worth of spliffs thats 4 j's a night monday and tuesday and about 6 last night and then 1 today and we were both nicley stonned those 3 nights have picked up again tonight and its well nice! so this might go a bit further had 1 spliff off it and am taking ages to right this! anyway ill shut up am stonned!

someone
16-11-08, 12:12 PM
well the last eighth we got we had about 3 days worth of spliffs thats 4 j's a night monday and tuesday and about 6 last night and then 1 today and we were both nicley stonned those 3 nights have picked up again tonight and its well nice! so this might go a bit further had 1 spliff off it and am taking ages to right this! anyway ill shut up am stonned!

15 joints from a eighth of a ounce?

cjhazey
16-11-08, 05:44 PM
yeah thats about right, it was dry and rather strong, we do mix it with tobbacco and have both been smoking for many years i clocked up 10 years this year and the other half about 13 years so, but the weed we picked up last did about 6 j's cos it was well wet and got a bit squashed it depends on the quality of it if its dry and strong will last a few days but have had it go all in one night before so it does depend

D
17-11-08, 02:48 AM
yeah i get about 12

or one chunky blunt :D

SkunK
19-11-08, 07:23 PM
How do you make 12 from an 1/8th ?

I make 4 with kingsize rizla and half a fag in each.

MrStickyFingers
20-11-08, 09:04 PM
Nothing better than pure joints. :weed:
fags make it taste shit!

cjhazey
22-11-08, 11:28 PM
cos your greedy skunk!!
:bigjoint: :laugh:

SkunK
23-11-08, 08:53 PM
Nothing better than pure joints. :weed:
fags make it taste shit!

I tried my first pure spliff the other day. Tasted quite nice but here in england there is no such thing as dry weed. I had to light as i inhaled.

Piss take!

Anvil Toker
23-11-08, 11:47 PM
Hey mates,

I get it dry ( cause i cure it in a glass jar) or wet/damp (cause it is fresh, like a week within harvest). I hate wet weed cause it weight more and in the end you loose out on that,..... only like .5g-1g on and 1/8th baggie!

I find that if you get a wet batch your best bet is put it in a container, like a glass jar or a can or even just leave it in the bag you got it in and leave the bag/ container open slightly over night and it will dry your stuff out nicely.

Don't let it dry too much cause then it will just crumble on you.... but for those of you who like to smoke spliffs this would be nice cause then you can smoke only the weed and leave the tobacco for after you toke.

Personal preference!

One day I will come across the ocean to the UK and toke up with you mates... never been to the Uk. Been living in Canada all my life.

Cheers mates!

cheeseorlemon
04-05-11, 10:20 PM
it depends on the quality of the bud for me, around here most people ar payin like £200-£250 for an oz of cheese! its ridiculous lol! but i usually just smoke a fat kingy, does the job lol :stoned-smilie:

Ummagumma
04-05-11, 11:10 PM
me and the mrs smoke a 5 skinner between us, lasts longer and dont have to roll as many, can get a bit hard when your bongo'ed, if my mates come round they smoke there own, i dont share with others only the wife, antisocial, i know

gardaee
05-05-11, 07:55 AM
i just roll really long ones with a pretty decent thickness in king sized smoking silver's. i also usually have a smoking golden roll for when theirs company. :D

Mr Bloom
05-05-11, 08:17 AM
I make standard size three skin size blunts (no baccy), a few puffs and put it out and come back to it later.
One blunt will last me an evening/night on my own.