PDA

View Full Version : BAG OF TRIM = How much butter????

HardcoreHorticulture
15-03-10, 04:07 PM
Got a bag of trim, mix of frosty leaves, normal fan leaves, and some stem. I cant see the point of drying it if im gonna wet it again (sTONERISM). Its in the freezer, about a carrier bag full, how much butter would you add?
And as for 6-8 hours simmering, THERE is NO point. Because the reaction of THC to fat binding is triggered by temp 1 hour simmering should be enough for the reaction to be completed. Any scientific veiws on the THC to FAT release process????? Regarding time needed for reaction to take place and temperature?????????? Gonna freeze the butter and make myself a PROPER Birthday cake mmmmmmmmm.

dekay
15-03-10, 04:58 PM
I always dry my trim, tastes absolutely rank if you dont and doesnt work as good although i dont know why but you wouldnt smoke wet bud and a good dry improves it immensely. As for how much i use at least 2oz (although i wouldnt include stem as weight or fan leaves) to 500 g of butter, and only doing it for an hour, hell i simmer it for an hour, get rid of water, fill it again to reboil and simmer as this also gets rid of the horrible green taste, and i do it for a good 4-5 hours.

themonkeywalks
25-03-10, 01:38 PM
heres my 2 cents....
trim should be dried and ground to allow as much thc extraction as possible. i personally would clarify the butter before starting too. this seperates the salts and stops the butter from burning. you dont want those salts in your cake anyway. to do this melt the butter in the microwave till it seperates then pour off the fat from the top and discard the milky liquid at the bottom. put in a pot with your trim and gently simmer for about 10 minutes only!. pour through a sieve to remove the shake and freeze immediately to arrest the chemical reaction. another method is to grind your trim to dust with a coffee grinder then use as a replacement for some of the flour in your recipe. it works well but i only use this method for choccy cake as the taste can be quite strong in an ordinary plain sponge.