PDA

View Full Version : Cafes/Places in the Dam you have to visit!

bigandy
16-03-10, 10:42 PM
Going into the centre of the dam this weekend bit of a ses haha

i've been a few times now huge fan of the Barneys Chain and the Snack Bird Thai ha but which other places are a must to go??

Any hidden treasures??

The Greenhouse was to busy to go in last time so that is definately on my list this time.

HashBandicoot
16-03-10, 10:52 PM
You should defiantly check out the coffee shop resin just next to centraal station, its a peach. and obviously the red light district

Nutty Professor
16-03-10, 10:57 PM
The parks for a nice spliff by the water..

Bobby Digital
16-03-10, 10:57 PM
if its nice weather go to vondel park take smoke and food good place to chill if you want a little down time..

bigandy
16-03-10, 11:01 PM
i've been to vondel park nice but not my thing but if the weather is nice different story ha.

red light district . . . . i'll be with the missus but ill definately check coffee shop resin what is it?

HashBandicoot
16-03-10, 11:25 PM
i've been to vondel park nice but not my thing but if the weather is nice different story ha.

red light district . . . . i'll be with the missus but ill definately check coffee shop resin what is it?

Its just a coffee shop, but its got swings and things coming from the room on big ropes and stuff, loads of really comfy couches with foot rests and stuff, better than nearly every other coffee shop with there terrible seating!.

9Samurai
17-03-10, 09:38 AM
Last time I went Resin was closed! And boarded up and stuff....

Basjoe is a good one if you can find it! Friendly guys, outside seating and great smoke!

bigandy
17-03-10, 09:52 PM
thanks lads.

im going to go to cafe 420, resin, grey area, mellow yellow and basjoe thats the plan got them all marked up on my map haha

Mr_Bimble
18-03-10, 09:18 PM
Agree with 420 - its usually my first stop, even before I've checked in to the hotel.....

Amnesia & Dampkring are nice - wasn't impressed with grey area (good weed - pokey little shop).

bigandy
18-03-10, 11:20 PM
thanks pal

ScouseSkunkSmoker
18-03-10, 11:39 PM
Hey mate, hope you have a great time, I'm off for my 6th trip at the end of april and cant wait :)

Dampkring Haarlemestrat is always a must as far as I'm concerned, extensive menu at reasonable prices, I was paying E7.50 a gram for some killer white russian in february.. they're mako haze was nice too if i rmber rightly, If you're a cheese lover then there is no cheese like that from homegrown fantasy coffeeshop(aside from UK, but we wont go there :P), popeyes is another decent coffeeshop opposite dampkring, they're pink kush was amazing.... Also at that side of town, bluebird(best blue cheese i ever had), picasso, hill st blues, 4:20 and hunters are all good places to visit... I try to avoid the more touristy shops like barneys, bulldog etc etc, though I make an exception for dampkring because of the menu :)
On the other side of town if you're staying nearer the Park, Coffeeshop Crush(buy the silver haze) and Katsu would be my two favourites, once again alongside the original dampkring they have within walking distance. Katsu is an absolute must every trip as far as I'm concerned, they're black widow is an outstnding smoke every time and the 2g for E20.00 deal is worth every cent as is the AK47 @ E20.00 for 2.4g... basjoes is also within walking distance of the park but if you try they're terminator hash/oil @E50.00 per gram dont plan on walking to far for a few hours afterwards lol.

Have a belter of a time mate an smoke a fatty for me

2me
19-03-10, 11:31 AM
I went to Mellow Yellow for the first time on Sunday and LOVED it, awesome coffee shop. Star Wars Pinball! What more do ya want!

bigandy
20-03-10, 12:26 PM
in the centre of the dam now. arrived bout 7 last night after work did the 420 amazing nyc diesel proper stinks good tunes. and the resin lovely place got some budu sister?? nice mild smoke anyway tried this?? and got some tibisla resin not tried that yet haha. had a muffin and a thai from the snack bird thai amazing place third time i've been and slept like a baby haha.

peace

9Samurai
21-03-10, 12:14 PM
Is Resin back in business now then? It's in such a great position for immediate bakeage....

Mr_Bimble
23-03-10, 03:25 PM
420 - I've lost many an hour in there after sampling NYCD & Nevilles haze in the vaporiser - I prefered it when they had a pool table downstairs, nice tunes just right for a mellow time.

Threw my biggest whitey ever in there first time I went to Dam (A long time ago now).

bigbudben
23-03-10, 04:05 PM
last time i went spent alot of time in a place called lost in amsterdam you cant buy a smoke in there but can take your own in and just get a drink i think i speant most of my last day in there layed on the big couches right at the back with my chocomel and cream think i even had a bottle of becks b4 cummin home wat a lovley place great atmosphere and our lass fell asleep for about an hour it was that cosy hehe also love hill streetblues if u can get the good sofas next to canal have to get there nice and early thro for that happy smokin people and i couldnt find resin last time i went will be sure to take a map next visit

bigandy
23-03-10, 04:55 PM
i love basjoes staff are cool as . . . .

second day was all a blur but basjoes was great and the green steak sandwich haha

urban farmer
28-03-10, 10:59 PM
melkweg nightclub, near vondell park!