PDA

View Full Version : I was watching ''i grow chronic'' by mr green and was wondering.......

c ganjafarmer
25-03-10, 06:29 AM
:deviltoker: i was watching ''i grow chronic'' by mr green and not only does he use co2 but he sprays his plants while budding with fizzy water for the oxygen and was wondering if its tonic water or sparkling spring water?? any body know?? or if in deed this helps ? peace

BURNZ
25-03-10, 06:52 AM
I've watched it and I don't remember him spraying during flower. You should never spray your plants with anything during flower it can cause bud rot. Here is something that he wrote :

Once a Marijuana plant is put into flowering it is recommended that you eliminate foliar feeding for the remaining of its flowering stage. Marijuana when hot and dry secretes resin as its natural insulation from the elements. They secrete this resiny insulation to naturally keep the plant cool. If foliar feeding is used in the flowering stage, we bring down the temperature of the plants, thusly resin secretion is less. Foliar feeding should only be done in the vegetative stage and ceased two weeks after flowering has began.

purple_widow
25-03-10, 08:46 AM
I remember watching it a few months ago. He say's that he sets up the CO2 tube around the plants but he also sprays with fizzy water for the CO2 in the bubbles.
He say's it works and is a good way of adding CO2 straight to your plants, but I'm with Burnz, it's not good to spray during flower, so if you wanna give it a try, try it in the veg stage.:leaf:

dragonboizee
25-03-10, 11:04 AM
i watched it a couple months back and i dont recall him sayin he sprays durind flower but i have read that you can leave the bottles in the room and that works, not sure how effective it is tho. i defo would not spray when in flower tho, just make some c02 with yeast and sugar to be safe. gd luck.

c ganjafarmer
25-03-10, 01:13 PM
I remember watching it a few months ago. He say's that he sets up the CO2 tube around the plants but he also sprays with fizzy water for the CO2 in the bubbles.
He say's it works and is a good way of adding CO2 straight to your plants, but I'm with Burnz, it's not good to spray during flower, so if you wanna give it a try, try it in the veg stage.:leaf:

/////,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what kind of water is the fizzy water????:stoned-smilie::stoned-smilie:

OldSkoolDude
25-03-10, 03:19 PM
The water is just fizzy spring water (highland spring type).

IMHO the set up he uses is very inefficient. What does he pull in the end 1-2oz a plant? You could get 4 large plants in that space and pull off more.

I prefer the SeeMoreBud series.

hort
26-03-10, 05:58 AM
He didn't show anyone spraying CO2. There were hoses pointed around the plants and he said growers do it only when the lights are on when the plants were photosynthesis-ing. It is delivered in gas form and he had fans blowing away to keep it moving around the plants.

I've used a product many years ago that came in a plastic box. it was a powder and I added water to it. It bubbled and sent CO2 gas into the air over about 2 hours. I didn't see much difference in yield but it wasn't used enough days during flower (too expensive).

A good way is to buy dry ice, put it in front of a fan and blow it on the plants. You'd have to get a lot and do it many days so having a good supplier near by would be handy. ;)

hort

starchild
29-03-10, 11:57 AM
He didn't show anyone spraying CO2. There were hoses pointed around the plants and he said growers do it only when the lights are on when the plants were photosynthesis-ing. It is delivered in gas form and he had fans blowing away to keep it moving around the plants.

I've used a product many years ago that came in a plastic box. it was a powder and I added water to it. It bubbled and sent CO2 gas into the air over about 2 hours. I didn't see much difference in yield but it wasn't used enough days during flower (too expensive).

A good way is to buy dry ice, put it in front of a fan and blow it on the plants. You'd have to get a lot and do it many days so having a good supplier near by would be handy. ;)

hort

You can spray your plants right up till flower, as everyone else has stated, carbonated spring water is what you want, or just plain old soda water, 10p in some supermarkets. The co2 is quite goos as am impact feed, as the co2 gets immediately absorbed by the leaves. Mix that with some seaweed ;), and you're well away....

You shouldn't be sparying your plants after their stretch (2 weeks after 12s) to be afir, not only do you promote rot, fungy, mould, you also reduce the bud temps and reduce resin production, as stated already, and finally if you manage to spray them and avoid the rot, you will be waiting months for them to dry properly, as you will have sealed in moisture as the bud grows....

No spraying after the stretch, but carbonated water will be ok during the veg, the results in that form are sketchy/minimal, if you have good air circulation/replacement via fans, the plants will get as much co2 as they require, or at least for a small percy grow anyways....commercially in hermetic environments, and for massive production i have no doubt co2 mkes a difference.

Like half the things you read about they only work if you do all the other things that go alongside....

For example; as an experienced grower i know that to under feed is better than over feed, and the doses on bottles should be taken with a pinch of salt, this is experience, however i studied why i did this and realised that my plants can only take as many nutreients as they can process, after that they get lock out. However the more light you can give your plant the more nutes it can absorb, and the more it will take before lockout....so therefor i tailor my nutes according to the absorbtion via the amount of light. On the bottles the manufacturer assumes you are growing under a 1000w light in near perfect conditions.... and therefore the doses are ok.....

It have explained it a bit cockeyed but my point it that co2 will only work effectively in the absolute right conditions...bit like the feed amounts i have just explained.

Sorry hort i am not quoting you, i just hit the wrong button...

c ganjafarmer
22-04-10, 11:56 PM
you can spray your plants right up till flower, as everyone else has stated, carbonated spring water is what you want, or just plain old soda water, 10p in some supermarkets. The co2 is quite goos as am impact feed, as the co2 gets immediately absorbed by the leaves. Mix that with some seaweed ;), and you're well away....

You shouldn't be sparying your plants after their stretch (2 weeks after 12s) to be afir, not only do you promote rot, fungy, mould, you also reduce the bud temps and reduce resin production, as stated already, and finally if you manage to spray them and avoid the rot, you will be waiting months for them to dry properly, as you will have sealed in moisture as the bud grows....

No spraying after the stretch, but carbonated water will be ok during the veg, the results in that form are sketchy/minimal, if you have good air circulation/replacement via fans, the plants will get as much co2 as they require, or at least for a small percy grow anyways....commercially in hermetic environments, and for massive production i have no doubt co2 mkes a difference.

Like half the things you read about they only work if you do all the other things that go alongside....

For example; as an experienced grower i know that to under feed is better than over feed, and the doses on bottles should be taken with a pinch of salt, this is experience, however i studied why i did this and realised that my plants can only take as many nutreients as they can process, after that they get lock out. However the more light you can give your plant the more nutes it can absorb, and the more it will take before lockout....so therefor i tailor my nutes according to the absorbtion via the amount of light. On the bottles the manufacturer assumes you are growing under a 1000w light in near perfect conditions.... And therefore the doses are ok.....

It have explained it a bit cockeyed but my point it that co2 will only work effectively in the absolute right conditions...bit like the feed amounts i have just explained.

Sorry hort i am not quoting you, i just hit the wrong button...

hi again , you say if they were spared during flowering id be waiting months for it to dry out properly, but how do you explain weed thats grew outdoors that not only have the rain to deal with but also a morning due every morning??? Peace

starchild
23-04-10, 12:41 AM
hi again , you say if they were spared during flowering id be waiting months for it to dry out properly, but how do you explain weed thats grew outdoors that not only have the rain to deal with but also a morning due every morning??? Peace

Good question. I think maybe it has a lot to do with growing indoor, most indoor paces only have a small fan circulating a small amount of air in a reasonably small space, however in a field open air, even a calm day is like a million X million x million times more fresh air lol, and blowing in gusts too. Like in the summer your lawn is dry by 9.30am. In veg my plants stay moist and damp looking all day. Also you will get less humidity outdoors. That would be my part knowledge and part intelligent guess...Hope it helps.

Non quoteable lol

Grub
25-04-10, 11:14 PM
It is never a good idea to spray plants in flower as it basically helps the dreaded bud rot to form and take hold, and lets face it, after 3 or 4 months of caring for our babies and giving them lots of TLC, bud rot is the last thing we want.
If you feel you must give your plants extra CO2, which in my opinion is not at all necessary for the humble home-grower, there are many ways to do it.
An old way i was taught many moons ago was the vinegar and Bicarb method..... position a bottle of spirit vinegar so that it very slowly drips into a bowl of Bicarbonate of soda. The vinegar is a solution of acetic acid, It reacts with the sodium bicarbonate to produce carbon dioxide gas (CO2). It saves a fortune on gas tanks, regulators, or all of the new fancy compost gadgets now available and has to be said does a fair job. ;)

Icon
15-05-10, 03:37 PM
Dont forget this plant really is a weed and despite some of our poor efforts will produce weed no matter what, I have never come across anyone who regularly uses any form of CO2.
primarily because there is no significant results. A couple of days with incorrect feed or PH in an NFT system probably has more effect IMHO

c ganjafarmer
16-05-10, 02:47 AM
Dont forget this plant really is a weed and despite some of our poor efforts will produce weed no matter what, I have never come across anyone who regularly uses any form of CO2.
primarily because there is no significant results. A couple of days with incorrect feed or PH in an NFT system probably has more effect IMHO

true..i personally dont know anyone either who use es co2. must do somthing thou , a good co2 setup is 500 quid.

starchild
17-05-10, 12:07 AM
I would just like to add that all these 'enhancements' to your grow, i.e. The Co2, etc etc etc, all work perfectly well, in their place. However for plants to benefit fom co2 all the other nutrients, and minerals must be in place, if you are lacking in anything, you wont see a benefit. Your environment would have to be completely hermetic, in order for the actual exchange to be complete, plants work on a slow metabolism, they absorb rather than breath so to speak, so your tent type setup, with our super efficient extraction would just suck the CO2 straight through, making little or no diference to the normal air circulation generated. You would just save $500 bucks....

This complicated scientific stuff is designed with the big commercial grow setups in mind, where they will have a computer controlled air exchange ratio, working with what types of air the plants require at certain times of the day, and their stage of growth. Plnats work in opposites, during the day a plant suck in CO2 and exudes oxygen, the there is a complete reverse at night, in a properly controlled hermetic environment, that is taken care of.

Thats just the impression i get from reading about all this stuff anyways. I tried a home-made co2 generator, and i made individual ones for each plant...it didn't seem to make any odds...

Just my couple of pence anyways....

c ganjafarmer
18-05-10, 12:10 AM
I would just like to add that all these 'enhancements' to your grow, i.e. The Co2, etc etc etc, all work perfectly well, in their place. However for plants to benefit fom co2 all the other nutrients, and minerals must be in place, if you are lacking in anything, you wont see a benefit. Your environment would have to be completely hermetic, in order for the actual exchange to be complete, plants work on a slow metabolism, they absorb rather than breath so to speak, so your tent type setup, with our super efficient extraction would just suck the CO2 straight through, making little or no diference to the normal air circulation generated. You would just save $500 bucks....

This complicated scientific stuff is designed with the big commercial grow setups in mind, where they will have a computer controlled air exchange ratio, working with what types of air the plants require at certain times of the day, and their stage of growth. Plnats work in opposites, during the day a plant suck in CO2 and exudes oxygen, the there is a complete reverse at night, in a properly controlled hermetic environment, that is taken care of.

Thats just the impression i get from reading about all this stuff anyways. I tried a home-made co2 generator, and i made individual ones for each plant...it didn't seem to make any odds...

Just my couple of pence anyways....

i always like your info starchild. peace

Icon
18-05-10, 10:27 PM
true..i personally dont know anyone either who use es co2. must do somthing thou , a good co2 setup is 500 quid.

LOL no mate just because it cost £500 means some people are mug enough to pay it not that it works. If you applied that logic across this game you would be cheaper buying it off the streets.
The secret is always keep it simple and strive hard to keep the readings approx 10% the right side of Max. once you are confident you have all that spot on you can then try adjusting your nutes.
it amazes me how many people on there first grows are so keen to stuff every PHD they can into the plants. If ever there was a hobby that you need to learn to walk before you run then this my friends is it.

I did see a great setup on Youtube with a fully enclosed climate controlled setup and on that I could understand the use of CO2 as it was not being filtered out constantly