PDA

View Full Version : ONA block odor elimation at it finest.

bulk
13-04-10, 09:31 PM
Just thought i mentioned this excellent little product, i use it in combination with my carbon filter and extraction, i cant describe how excellent this product is for odor elimination and odor problems in general, for 10 pounds it lasts for around 3- 4 four weeks(perfect for flowering periods)thats if you leave the top off and don't reseal... but if you puncher holes init or use it sparingly it lasted much longer...i don't think it was invented just for hydroponics its has many uses, its a really weird consistency like a waxy texture, but it acts like a sponge it actually absorbs odor rather than covering it up.. I'm not lieing i had two times fresh inen odor blocks in my dark room 120 and it pretty much took all the smell out of my 4 large fruit plants, it didn't harm the plant or anything its just that strong it kills the smell, which is fine if you want odorless plants.. but next time ill but putting it in my ducting or outside the tent. oh yeah it is also completely organic and does no harm to your health like nasty ozone gens.........

******link removed******

they also do on a larger scale in liquid form

******link removed******

yoko2009
13-04-10, 10:01 PM
ill be honest with you bulk i bought this product not long ago for my cheese grow and whilst i was impressed for the first few days after a week i could smell the plants quite strong again and after 2 weeks it was a goner! i heard the tub of gel with fan is very good, but iv got myself an ozonizer so hoping that does the job

bulk
13-04-10, 10:05 PM
did you poke holes init bud? its last much longer if you do, if you leave it to stand without the top, it does lose its potancy after 2-3 weeks or so. i use two i really like it.

yoko2009
13-04-10, 11:22 PM
i was told by the guy at the shop to take it out and cut the thing in half, when it starts to shrivel you can cut it again, maybe this was why they didnt last long. i had 2 of them and i wasnt impressed after a week but they are stinky little fuckers. the stuff all starts to shrivel after a while and go all dirty. That cheese i was growing really stank though

Up_in_smoke
14-04-10, 11:32 AM
LOL. Not tried these ONA blocks yet but always just assumed it took smells out the air.

So let me get this straight, you had plenty of lovely bud, but none of it smelt because of the ONA block. Thats bloody hilarious, lol

yoko2009
14-04-10, 04:20 PM
i wouldnt put these things inside a tent, defo outside the extraction pipe

2hats
29-04-10, 07:09 PM
i am using 1 of these blocks and they are amazing.

i got it as an emergency measure as i did not realise how soon these babies would start to smell, i punched 5 holes in the top of it and its still masking the smell of my 8 lady papaya's 3 weeks later.

glad my fan and carbon filter arriving on monday tho cos it wont last much longer.

Adambomb
30-04-10, 12:16 AM
i use one with the warm air from extraction blowing over it with three 5mm holes in the lid .been going for 4 and a 1/2 weeks now combined with my carbon filter it works a charm and is still goin strong now.good stuff i reckon,even eliminates the smell of my bedsweat so i only have to change my sheets when they go brown lolage. yes i'm single.if carbon filtration is a bit pricey for you or your doin a grow in a small space,these ona blocks are a pretty good bet for odour problems.

2hats
30-04-10, 07:45 AM
imagines adambombs sheets. brownness, singleness, lmao.

Adambomb
01-05-10, 02:36 AM
he he he you just described my lonleyness you rapscallion but you forgot the jiz stained duvet lolage

CockRoach
01-05-10, 02:44 AM
and the cocksock ads lol dont forget

like we'd let ya lol

cock

Adambomb
01-05-10, 03:01 AM
oooh yeeaaahhh the socks are able to stick to the wall without any adhesive material whatsoever, if you stick em correctly they make a great ec/pH pen holder/desk tidy .

Naxx
01-05-10, 03:13 AM
I used the Ona blocks and really wasn't impressed as my house still stank even with two in my room open, so I popped them inside the tent and I worked much better, I see no I'll effects on the plants, my plants still stunk as soon as you took em out..

They have released Ona block pro... I advise you get it in the future it works twice as well and stinks much more (the smell is also very pleasent, a candy kinda smell)

Naxx

Adambomb
01-05-10, 03:24 AM
i put mine in my intake ducting today it works better than in the outtake duct and reduces the flow which has give me the perfect balance.sorry i meant yesterday jeez 3.25am i must be avin fun,its flown by that.

CockRoach
01-05-10, 12:01 PM
i reckon i might need a few of these pro block for the spare room....just incase like
cock

2hats
01-05-10, 02:13 PM
yes indeedy, i have 2 in the cupboard as emergency incase the odour does get out of control.

CockRoach
01-05-10, 02:28 PM
well my box is more or less water tight but it may stink a bit when i open the door to get in there. better safe than stinky lol
cock

New Age Outlaw
01-05-10, 09:27 PM
well my box is more or less water tight but it may stink a bit when i open the door to get in there. better safe than stinky lol
cock

You old goat, you took the piss when I got two for safety! Turn coat.

BuildMeAButterFly
01-05-10, 09:33 PM
Swear i said this before...but "Cock by name....Cock by nature :D"

Adambomb
01-05-10, 09:40 PM
get em cock stinky boxes are a no no lolage