PDA

View Full Version : Air pots

THOMAS CHONG
14-04-10, 07:29 PM
These things sound good i might give them aga what u rekon guys?
http://www.superoots.com/air_intro.htm
T/C

sweetooth67
14-04-10, 07:49 PM
ordered some frm growwell should get them tomorrow. greens aint got em pity.

BURNZ
15-04-10, 09:07 AM
I've seen them. I think they would do best outdoors but who knows.

THOMAS CHONG
15-04-10, 12:33 PM
na they would be cool indoor or out in my opinion more air to the roots the better

the shrubman
16-04-10, 08:34 PM
only thing ide worry about would be the re potting.(like pulling a hedgehog out of concreate) maby buy pots big enough to finish in. or the smaller pots could be good to transport your plants to outdoor and then just stick the pot in tyhe ground plant and all.

yoko2009
16-04-10, 09:24 PM
only thing ide worry about would be the re potting.(like pulling a hedgehog out of concreate) maby buy pots big enough to finish in. or the smaller pots could be good to transport your plants to outdoor and then just stick the pot in tyhe ground plant and all.

yep defo for your final pot only, grow in normal small pots and use one of these as final pot

BuildMeAButterFly
16-04-10, 09:34 PM
Air pots come in a HUGE variety of sizes i have seen, So as Yoko2009 says i would of thought the best way would be the normal Smaller pot/grow cubes untill strong enough for the larger finishing Air pot.

prime
16-04-10, 10:53 PM
the air pots ive seen have a closeable split up the side so they can be peeled away from the root mass when ready.

ViK
19-04-10, 02:32 PM
Thats like the ones I've seen, you roll the pot up and fasten them with kindalike peg clip things down the side....

Kinda implies that DIY'ing them yourself would be easy peasy if you could find something suitable to roll up.

Taff
23-08-10, 11:01 PM
Thats right you can peel the outside away. Check out the superoots website to see how you do it! Or check my grow diary to see how my air-pot experiment goes!

KCToon
06-10-10, 09:39 PM
I just received 30 4" and 10-5L today. They're simple to put together (bigger holes on the outside toward the bottom), and they'll definitely increase oxygenation of the roots. They're easy to take apart (I put them all together wrong the first time), and should be simple to unwrap from the root ball for transplant.e

I'll put Ocean Forest soil in the 4" and place a sprouted seed in each. I'll keep them moist under a fairly low-level CFL. When the roots start showing at the holes near the bottom, I'll transplant the best ten to the 5-litre pots, which will have some special combo soil in the bottom, leveling out to Ocean Forest on top. I won't use any vermiculite until I transplant the 5-Litre Air Pot plants into 5-gallon buckets of soil and vermiculite and worm crap. I've been told by usually reliable sources that the initial root development is what's important - that once things go to flower in the 5-gallon buckets the roots will spread to fill the whole bucket. This is a problem I've had in the past - the roots don't fill the bottom of the buckets without an extremely long vegatation phase.

I'll post again when I see some results compared to my usual pots.

Azzazal
02-11-10, 08:48 PM
check out the coco threads for air pots. Good info in there about them.